another nerf!

another nerf!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Im using S/D. 30 in air for fresh air and 30 in arcana for evasive arcana (to have blast finisher and condition removal – conditions are real pain for me). Now with Cleasing wave moved to master tier, my ele is again nerfed as hell, since that trait was very, very useful and I cant use it anymore. I was hoping that elementalist will finally gets somewhat boosted in this patch (its called balance patch), but sadly, its not true. Its nice that they added some interesting traits such as diamond skin, but it really isnt nice that they nerfed existing things! Im just directed to use new builds and cant anymore use my favourite build I was happy with. now i have 10 in water and adept traits here just sucks hardly. What can be as good as cleansing wave? stupid 4 secs of regeneration which has 10 sec cooldown? No, I dont need a few hp more, I just need that condi removal that is reliable in very fast moments. Now my elementalist is even more useless. Thanks so much!

What do you guys think? is the new patch boost or nerf to eles?

#ELEtism

another nerf!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nyxion.9142

Nyxion.9142

I’m ok with traits changes. Stick with your current build, take vital striking and ether renewal.

another nerf!

in Elementalist

Posted by: elprimo.4398

elprimo.4398

Don’t bother thanks to their brilliant idea of pumpimg elemental attument up I decided to pump everything into arcana. fresh air too. stick to vital striking and if someone is a condition user don’t even bother in staring a fight with them unless is 2v1 in your favor.
Ether renewal works wonders for condi cleanse if you try to stay out of trouble. That is don’t lead the fight.

another nerf!

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

My PvE build got buffed slightly. I’m running the S/D Might Stacker and I’m quite happy with the cleansing fire trait for condition removal, +5% dmg boost and the new healing skill which is a blast finisher.

In regards of pvp… wait, you play an elementalist in pvp? lol xD Play a thief bro, I just hit 80 and I love this class. It’s amazing how you can take down an enemy with three strikes while your d*** gets harder and harder.

(edited by cursE.1794)

another nerf!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

I’m in the same boat. Not sure what to run now when cleaning wave has been moved. I really don’t want to get rid of fresh air or EA. Pity I’ve made two ascended weapons already for my ele.

Went from ranger to ele. LOL, I sure know how to pick’em.

another nerf!

in Elementalist

elprimo.4398

I’m in the same boat. Not sure what to run now when cleaning wave has been moved. I really don’t want to get rid of fresh air or EA. Pity I’ve made two ascended weapons already for my ele.

Went from ranger to ele. LOL, I sure know how to pick’em.

Funny I’m ex-ranger too.

another nerf!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

That’s how it has always been in here. Eles can’t ever get a buff without receiving a “compensation” nerf.

It is not the same however, for when we get nerfed. I don’t think we ever received a compensation buff for losing RtL.

Why is ANet so afraid to buff this class? Was ele that op in the 0/10/0/30/30 days? More than the current fotm impossible to deal with condi users / warriors? I fail to see what’s stopping them. It’s also sad that none of them play an ele.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

another nerf!

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

I’m ok with traits changes. Stick with your current build, take vital striking and ether renewal.

ER is useless without a reliable source of stability.

downed state is bad for PVP

another nerf!

in Elementalist

elprimo.4398

ER is useless without a reliable source of stability.

Hidding behind objects and around corners works fine for me. Or popping armor of earth if it’s really that imperative to heal with no interruptions. Or you can always cc your opponent before you start healing.

Also it’s just 15 secs cd I tune to water do some rolls water 3+5 ER will be back in no time. All this while tactical retreating ofc.