ANET, you will kill the staff ele's air 2 skill!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Artorias.3749

Artorias.3749

Hello, i’m a asia player ,so maybe my word will let u read so hard…sorry my english so poor, but, well, i must to say this:

i’m a staff ele,i love staff,so i always to use it.
the staff have great AOE,right ,but they real not have big damage to Monomer, i think u all understand. that’s must.

but, now:

Lightning Surge: This skill no longer has infinite range and cannot fire at targets behind the player. It also is properly affected by line of sight and works with the Arcana trait Blasting Staff.

this patch not real good for us.
Lightning Surge- only can hurt one body, it must speak many time, and it’s a low damage skill, now, the long speak to spell and no long Distance, then , it can hurt who?
and it’s useful?

still have the Blind? haha, u think that’s real useful in Battlefield? only one body blind?
and how long effect?

anet, if this no patch again, u will kill this skill, u will kill air 2, u will broken my heart.
i think u need more time to Consider “staff Elementalist”.

thx, u’r player.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rekina.6078

rekina.6078

Hate to say this as an elementalist though, bug is bug. They should be fixed, and no skills in the game should have infinite range. Elementalist is no exception for that.

Lightning surge should be just one of the many short casting skill combos we can add between intervals of long casting skills .

in Elementalist

Posted by: ZaneStriker.2836

ZaneStriker.2836

I agree buddy. It’s a crap skill and the only reason anyone was ever using it was because you could exploit it’s brokenness.

I’m not saying it shouldn’t have been fixed, but with the long cast time, weak damage and a crappy blind there’s really no reason to be using it.

DiE
Blackgate

in Elementalist

rekina.6078

I agree buddy. It’s a crap skill and the only reason anyone was ever using it was because you could exploit it’s brokenness.

I’m not saying it shouldn’t have been fixed, but with the long cast time, weak damage and a crappy blind there’s really no reason to be using it.

Does it have long casting time?! Let me check that I’m logging in…. didn’t know the skill takes long time to cast.

in Elementalist

rekina.6078

Ohhh…. it indeed takes long time to cast. My bad. I’m not familiar with staff yet so didn’t really know what I was saying. Apology. (at least it can be casted while running)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Does it have long casting time?! Let me check that I’m logging in…. didn’t know the skill takes long time to cast.

It’s longer than every non channeled spell IIRC.

in Elementalist

rekina.6078

Yes. Nevertheless this is not the case: what we can do is asking anet to buff the skill itself somehow, not asking to regain the infinite range.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Naryoril.6507

Naryoril.6507

this is the only staff skill i NEVER use, it is just a waste of time to cast it. And because of the long cast time you can’t use it to “interrupt” an attack you see coming.

This spell either needs to be instantly cast (like flame burst, fire 2) or have a much much higher damage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stormbringer.5867

Stormbringer.5867

Looks like Lightning Surge became another waste of space just like Drake’s Breath.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

I never consciously abused its range bug, as such I don’t really get the drama. A bug is a bug and it needed to get fixed.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in Elementalist

Artorias.3749

I never consciously abused its range bug, as such I don’t really get the drama. A bug is a bug and it needed to get fixed.

Yeah,fix the bug is true.
then, maybe shall buff other ?like damage? like range?
i can’t understand why no aoe, no high damage….need long time to ready this skill?
and this skill real garbage.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

It is an AoE attack. They actually buffed it, because the Blasting Staff trait now affects it’s AoE range.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in Elementalist

Artorias.3749

It is an AoE attack. They actually buffed it, because the Blasting Staff trait now affects it’s AoE range.

that’s spend more cost.
Cost and Feedback not direct ratio.

don’t u think so?

in Elementalist

rekina.6078

Looks like Lightning Surge became another waste of space just like Drake’s Breath.

Who told you Drake’s Breath is waste of space?

Drake’s Breath is bread and butter of playing Elementalist for me. Because you are not playing as condition build, it doesn’t mean the skill itself is waste of space.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Talk about overreacting…the skill hasn’t been nerfed into usefulness, they merely removed an exploit.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i could accept therange but the line of view on an AoE/burst? ._.

Also infinite vs double range is not a buff.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

I’ll admit, Lightning Surge without infinite range (which HAD to be fixed) is a little underwhelming, I wouldn’t mind it being buffed to shorter/instant cast.

That being said, how can you say Drake’s Breath is worthless?!? You can hit a whole pack of people with it and inflict burning on ALL of them. Sure, it’s not the best skill in our arsenal, but it’s ridiculously far from “useless.”

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

rekina.6078

I’ve seen one podcast(somewhat videocast, whatever) that some elementalist players talking about class, skill, trait and build stuff. They, or at least one of them said, Drake’s Breath is worthless.

They were douch*bags, seriously. They had no idea what they were talking about. I assume some of us got inspired by them.

in Elementalist

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

it never fails. fix a bug and somewhere a fairy gets nerfed… wait that’s not right…

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Elementalist

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

So, no amount of being asian will save you from sucking with eles as the rest of the world does now. =)

No seriously, this bug absolutely needed to get fixed, as it was easily abusable. No line of sight/range restriction meant that even a single ele could whittle down any siege weapon the enemy has, with no way to even try to find him/fight back. That’s obviously not intended behavior and definitely warrants a fix. Maybe even a 1500 range would have been ok for it, but unlimited range is an absolute no-go.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Andalamar.4201

Andalamar.4201

Lightning surge needed fixed – heck, I play an Ele and could see how this was abusable to Hell and back.

I don’t get why people complain about it’s usefulness, however. Sure the cast time takes a while but it’s damage isn’t bad at all. Even in a 3/4 defensive spec, I still manage to hit for over 1k on every other player with spikes far greater than that. The fact that it’s a small AoE makes it even better.

Remember that there is a difference between the majority of players and the loudest players.
-Hawcinn/Barborin

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Lightning surge needed fixed – heck, I play an Ele and could see how this was abusable to Hell and back.

I don’t get why people complain about it’s usefulness, however. Sure the cast time takes a while but it’s damage isn’t bad at all. Even in a 3/4 defensive spec, I still manage to hit for over 1k on every other player with spikes far greater than that. The fact that it’s a small AoE makes it even better.

There is a test somewhere on this forum and using staff #2 in Air actually decreases your damage by quite a bit (from just using #1)

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mytheos.7205

Mytheos.7205

Here is what we need to take away from this.

Dear Anet if you are going to fix a bug on Elems, thanks but IF you fix one that reduces us, fix one that is broken that increases us as well.

So far we are very far ahead in the weakest class polls and out of 3, maybe 4 patch notes that fixed classes, Elems received 1 positive fix ( Quick Glyphs works with Elementals ) which didnt really work as the timer resets randomly and sometimes when the Elemental dies.

And we have received like 4-5 fixes that were negative… they needed to be done so I dont love the using the word negative, but you understand what I mean.

Where for the other classes it seems like mostly an even mix, I think you might find a small case of one getting more negative than positive but not by a 5 to 1 ratio (IF you can class it 1 as it isnt 100% fixed)

Seriously Anet show us a little love. Just a little.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aba.6419

Aba.6419

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wildclaw.6073

Wildclaw.6073

Sigh. Lightning Surge gets a nice AoE raidus buff (seriously, does any decent staff elementalist play without Blasting Staff) and people complain because it also got a distance bug fix.

Yes, it has a relatively long casting time, but that is because of the damage it deals. It is fairly obvious that Anet didn’t want an AoE blind on a lower than 10s cd. So to allow LS to act as a damage filler as well as blind, the cast time had to be relatively high.

That does make it less useful for tactical blinding (go Scepter for that), but as a general spell that both deals damage offensively while also providing a defensive component, it is excellent.

The big problem with air attunement is that Chain Lightning is relatively inferior to Fireball, and with the 3-5 skills being long cds that doesn’t deal any damage at all, that is a big problem.