best pvp noob build?

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Q:

Hey guys i was wondering what you all think is the best pvp ele noob build. not wvw.

think of someone who has done little spvp. has played ele in mostly pve.
likely doesn’t really know how to play the class.

something to keep them alive under pressure so they can learn the finger dex needed and how to use the get out of jail cards.

not really a noob to pvp but a noob to pvp in this game.

(edited by Crunchy Gremlin.5798)

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Warfromabove.2185

Warfromabove.2185

A:

Don’t roll elementalist as your 1st class if you’re not an experienced mmo pvper. It is by far the most complex class in the game. If I were you I’d start that person off in a Bunker Gaurd position going 0.0.30.30.10 or something to that degree. Let them figure it out slowly and safely. Once they get gaurd transition into thief and from there other classes. Those two classes are the easiest classes to grasp at the moment.

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

Don’t play elementalist, it’s honestly a huge waste of time. If you do want to to try though, the 0/0/30/30/10 build as mentioned above works, or you can do a water/arcana build with 10 points in earth for earth’s embrace. Water traits usually revolve around cantrips and in arcana I usually pick evasive arcana and always always always elemental attunement. The third trait depends on what weapon you are using, though for daggers I prefer the vigor on crit trait if I have any precision or final shielding if not.

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

I agree. You can WvW as a noob ele but I wouldn’t try to play a glass canon type class for sPvP until you really understand it. Play something forgiving – like a ranger.

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Sorry I guess i meant not a noob to mmo pvp. a noob to this game.
im leaning towards the build that eurosdown points out.

0/0/10/30/30 cantrips.
scepter/focus.
but maybe and certainly later
scepter/dagger.

(edited by Crunchy Gremlin.5798)

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

Sorry I guess i meant not a noob to mmo pvp. a noob to this game.
im leaning towards the build that eurosdown points out.

0/0/10/30/30 cantrips.
scepter/focus.
but maybe and certainly later
scepter/dagger.

It’s a pretty great support build and you feel useful for the most part as long as you are in a group. For example, the elemental dodge effect on evasive arcana is a blast finisher, so if you dodge into somebody’s combo field (or one of your own if you run staff) you can pull off some neat aoe effects like a hefty aoe heal. The spec is also great for condition removal if you go with those particular traits in water. It’s a good idea to switch your traits (and even weapons) out once you know what kind of professions/builds you are dealing with in any given match.

I forgot to mention utility slots; I like lightning flash, mist form, and I switch out between armor of earth and glyph of elemental power, armor of earth against heavy cc opponents and glyph of elemental power for the sweet sweet weakness or chill stacking. Chain inflicting weakness on several people at once with staff is a great help to your team, and chill is always great, though you have other options for chilling people so I prefer weakness. (the glyph will allow you to inflict the condition associated with whichever attunement you are in when you activate it, so if you activate it in air and switch to another attunement, you will continue inflicting weakness).

I really dislike scepter though, other profs can lay on condition damage a lot better than eles and I like to run with a soldier’s amulet for the survivability, which leaves no space for condition damage unless you count runes. It’s up to you of course, but I prefer d/d or staff myself.

(edited by Eurosdown.6072)

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

im thinking that there is a progression on learning here though.
at one point i was doing a scepter/focus build designed around air where i swapped not at all.
30/30/10/0/0
that was weak but it showed something about how the stuff worked in pvp…

so to learn it has to be a heavy defense build. to stay alive long enough to learn the finger mechanics.
how to flip atunments and get used to utility placements.

scepter/focus or dagger/focus.
i like scepter because it has more range and the air skills are faster.

i found that once i got the atunement flipping a little more under control it was not so hard to swap out focus for dagger.

I think after getting that more down it would not be so hard to swap scepter for dagger.

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Simplicity.7208

Simplicity.7208

30/10/0/10/20. Sit in fire attunement. Don’t lead the charge, just hang back and use all your fire AoEs with a few utility AoEs. Occasionally swap to water for team healing. It’s idiot-proof and superb for assaulting points, just don’t expect to win any fights where they run straight at you. You will die immediately when targeted. Good thing is if you hang back, people tend to just focus on the closer enemies while your AoE fields deal 8k+ per second. As long as you have a handy-dandy meatshield, you can literally faceroll to victory.

Like the above said though, unless you’re willing to endure undue hardship and attain a much higher skillcap for a much lower payoff, ele is not a good class for you.

(edited by Simplicity.7208)

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bard.7215

Bard.7215

I can’t believe what I’m seeing.

30 earth

30 Water

10 Arcane

No problems, Maybe because I know how to switch attunes.

Sort of like building a sandcastle

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kreit.4709

Kreit.4709

Elementalist is elite class for chosen. There are no noob builds. Muahahahaha.
Well, if to be serious, check http://www.gw2build.com/

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Don’t make the mistake of going full toughness, because you will still get 2-shotted by a warrior as it happened to me (14k+ in one hit).

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

best pvp noob build?

in Elementalist

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I think you are right. there are no noob builds.
the ele has a learning curve like eve pvp.