blinding ashes nerf <3

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

Blinding Ashes: Blind foes for 4 seconds when you burn them. This effect has a 5-second internal cooldown.

hope it’s a typo

from the ready up this trait was supposed to have a 3s icd now.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

(edited by Jekkt.6045)

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: sirrrock.7940

sirrrock.7940

Yea seriously that’s pretty dumb they would just change that out of nowhere. That was one of the only trait changes that would make fire traitline useful. I guess builds wont be much different for ele still

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

It is in the tooltip in-game as well.

Also Burning Precision has a 5 second cooldown, making it complete rubbish. Arcane Precision is 33% chance with a 3(?) second cooldown for 1 second of burn, meaning it sucks as well, except for keeping up Weakness in Air.

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Ele community:
Hey anet, we want Blinding Ashes with a per-target ICD

Anet:
we are reducing the ICD of Burning Ashes to 3s, omg this is so crazy! xD lol giggles

Ele community:
Hey anet, we want Blinding Ashes with a per-target ICD

Anet:
Burning Ashes now has a 5 second ICD.

Ele community: ?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Well i’ll be able to still trash talk fire line thanks to Anet in my next tutorial, i got used to it, i would have been dissapointed :x

(joking, it’s still very nice for staff, in pve and maybe in wvw)

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

Raise your hand if you are shocked by this incompetence.

Remember when people were declaring how the elementalist was buffed?

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Ouch well that really killed my interest in playing cele ele again. I joined the engineer bandwagon.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Frankly, this needed a nerf on account that everyone was running blinding ashes before the patch. Now, we can get back to usual…I mean start to see players branch into other lines than fire…

Oh wait…

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Like air, because of the removal of cooldown on fresh air?

Oh wait…

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

Like air, because of the removal of cooldown on fresh air?

Oh wait…

I was hesitating between fire and air for my beloved DD cele (and earth to cause i’m still afraid of power creep on thief) cause they seemed all good … Now i’m hesitating between them … cause they’re all as weak as each others ….

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

I really hope that this is just an oversight. I was counting on the 3s CD to make Fire worth speccing into…

Also, is the CD STILL global? What gives, Anet?!

EDIT: Also saw they nerfed Burning Precision by upping its CD to 5 sec (from 2 sec.) It’s like they don’t want me to use Fire at all.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Burning precision on 5 sec ICD is so weak :/

I can only pick traits in Air and sort of Arcana, then I’m lost, I honestly don’t know what to pick since it feels like taking something that’s less worse than something else.

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

We really should make a thread, either here or in the Bugs or PvP forum (the latter two are most likely to be read by the devs) compiling the bugs from this patch, and our feedback.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

OMG why ? Burning precision shoul not have a CD, and blinding ashes on 5s makes it booring. This was a reason to take fire instead of air. Some condi damage + blinds instead of raw damage, which would make more active support. Especially burning precision on ICD 5 kills it as real damage option for some burning stacking.
They want fire for staff camping only ?

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Well i can understand the 5s cooldown on ashes. Using scepter that hits causing burning, and also reduced cd would have lead to blind all 3 seconds. Its hard to say if that would be OP. It only ocours if you stay fire. Maybe its OK. But the 5s on burning precision is cripling it.

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

All I want is a kitten per-target ICD; I don’t care if it’s 5 seconds.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

(edited by Velimere.7685)

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

As someone who started using a blinding ashes build in spvp about a month ago before the patch I will say that it is good that it isn’t a 3s icd just for the sake of balance.

Fire builds are plenty strong.

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

izzys sole purpose in arenanet is to keep the ele down, so he stays an underdog and can only be viably played with a very very high level of mechanical skill and knowledge of all other professions. the other devs have understood and accepted his hatred of all things elementalist and use him to nerf their own op ele traits.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

Well i also tried to use it befor the patch and already liked it with 5s. I also feel 3 will be to much. (Had a fight where i just thought O_o, firing 3 blinds in a row the cain was: [teleport + dust devil + magnetic wave + swap air + lighning strike that triggered burn and blind + knockdown from gale + blinding flash] and game over.
I am concerned about the 5s for burning precision. I hoped i can keep one burning stack up when not in fire with it.

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Just going to add for the people without mesmer alts that they now have a gm trait that blinds on evade/block with a 10s cd PER ATTACKER (it also confuses which justifies the 10s cd).

So if anyone thought that per target cd’s were too difficult to code like I did before, theyre apparently not.

Also, going to add that I also think a five second cd would be fine for us, but again, only if it had a per target cd.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I am not shure if it is already per target? This would be fine. The 5s CD on burning presicion is the bad thing :-(.

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I am not shure if it is already per target? This would be fine. The 5s CD on burning presicion is the bad thing :-(.

Yeah, that’s what annoys me more than the blinding ashes nerf, I actually sometimes used this trait before the patch, but now it’s complete trash without an explanation.

blinding ashes nerf <3

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I am not shure if its complete trash with the +20% burn duration. The bad thing is i did´t want to bulil a burn stacking fire ele. I wanted to add and keep a bit burnign up and ocasional blinds when not using fire attunement. And for that the 5s ICD is meh. The trait moved to be a burning spec trait and away from utility and i prefer the last. Its agin something that reduces build diversity. Burn stacking is out of hand annyway. So reduce that and remove the ICD in burnign precision.