d/d cele boared

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I am really boared to play all the time the same celestial d/d . I tried sf freshair build , it is really strong but in my opinion it is suboptimal in a contest game , you can win 1 vs 1 but on teamfight you are really an easy kill . Which other builds are really viable in pvp ? ( not staff, i hate it ) the only build i found , on youtube , which is quite viable and fun to play is this one http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAodhcM6cW4wxBdEBGACpoBTEY0tyn3GG-TJRGwAAOBAJeAAg2fYZZAA taken from a youtube video ( it is not mine )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy7VRmAqFjM
if you have something different to try … i would be happy

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: witcher.3197

witcher.3197

D/F would be infinitely better with the standard 00266 setup. But you don’t want to play that :P

Burning Fire is a pretty “meh” trait because vulnerability/blind/cripple or any other relatively insignificant condi combo will trigger it so it’s not even close to having 6 in water.

You’ll have problem with conditions and without Doom you’ll lose many duels just because you don’t have Doom sigil.

I’d recommend condi D/F – obviously not as strong as a cele build but it’s working and fun to play

(edited by witcher.3197)

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: BarnabeJonez.6023

BarnabeJonez.6023

I just threw together this build. Haven’t gotten a chance to test it yet though. I expect it won’t be super optimal, but it should be fun.
Celestial Furymancer :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJArYhMMKd24wwBd0AEACpqhDEZQ52fLD-TJRHwAFOBAAeAAk2f4YZAA

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

Are you totally …

Attachments:

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Dire,Condi cele ele. But with some of the minor nerfs, and ease to cleanse our condis , its not very interesting long term. Fun for short term kittens and giggles

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

PierPiero.9142

I want to try 06026 with d/f and lighting rod , i don’t know if it is better with berserker or celestial …

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

I want to try 06026 with d/f and lighting rod , i don’t know if it is better with berserker or celestial …

Swap weapons for berserk, rest cele. Safe. Remove more cele as required until you are satisfied.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I’ll save you a little trouble: this won’t work. D/F tries to take advantage of the synergy between shocking aura + the two interrupts on focus and lightning rod, but it just fails. This is because with dagger MH you are in melee range, and thus need to be tanky enough to stay in the fight, forcing you to take something like celestial, soldiers, or valkyries. However, with any of those amulets you barely do more damage than a d/d cele ele while having way less sustain. If you try to go berserker, I don’t think its necessary to explain why the existence of the thief class makes that unviable.

In the end you give up way too much team support and defense going 6 into air, and gain very little offense comparatively.

The only place lightning rod works for me in pvp-like situations is actually on staff (which has 3 interrupts – air 3, air 5, and earth 4). Staying at range allows you to build more dps-oriented. This actually works best in wvw as you aren’t forced into very set amulets, and its easier to get help and protection from thieves. In pvp, going zerker once again has the thief problem who instantly teleport and against whom range means nothing.

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Play a 6 6 0 0 2 with berserker gear that would make things less boring but more high risk and diminishing results. But to firegrab 12k + wow

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

I’ll save you a little trouble: this won’t work. D/F tries to take advantage of the synergy between shocking aura + the two interrupts on focus and lightning rod, but it just fails. This is because with dagger MH you are in melee range, and thus need to be tanky enough to stay in the fight, forcing you to take something like celestial, soldiers, or valkyries. However, with any of those amulets you barely do more damage than a d/d cele ele while having way less sustain. If you try to go berserker, I don’t think its necessary to explain why the existence of the thief class makes that unviable.

In the end you give up way too much team support and defense going 6 into air, and gain very little offense comparatively.

The only place lightning rod works for me in pvp-like situations is actually on staff (which has 3 interrupts – air 3, air 5, and earth 4). Staying at range allows you to build more dps-oriented. This actually works best in wvw as you aren’t forced into very set amulets, and its easier to get help and protection from thieves. In pvp, going zerker once again has the thief problem who instantly teleport and against whom range means nothing.

uhm… my usual build is D/F zerker elementalist… It works quite fine for me but I got bored of it too. Am now a Staff ele

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: gaurav.7340

gaurav.7340

Agreed. D/D cele is boring now. I tried D/D zerk ele in pvp for a change lol it wasn’t a good experience for me lol. I can do well on s/f fresh air though!

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

Agreed. D/D cele is boring now. I tried D/D zerk ele in pvp for a change lol it wasn’t a good experience for me lol. I can do well on s/f fresh air though!

No kidding, having to go into melee with no survivability couldn’t have been fun.

d/d cele boared

in Elementalist

PierPiero.9142

staff is fun , are you playing cele staff ? it seems to me quite viable .. obviously the problem is to keep melee far from you …… but the classic 00266 cele staff seems quite strong now . The only problem of staff, for me is that it has only one blast finisher and i feel obliged to take arcane blast..