d/d tempest

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

This is the build i am playing now . I used it to get to ruby and i find it fun . It is obviously completely different from meta. It is not a support build but a damage build . Try it, for me it is fun to play . Probably it is not strong as cleric meta but it is easy and fun .
You can switch dagger offhand for focus if you prefer but you lose dps and you gain survivability
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYn0XC9XiVYCeOAcYilHATIAcAahuT2M7nd4EkB6gA-TJxHABi9AAovMAAnAAd2fAA

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Lots of potential in this build though I’d still take invigorating torrents and change out sigil of energy for sigil of leeching.

Bad Elementalist

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Why sigil of energy? I don’t understand why anyone would take it in any build. It gets you 1 extra dodge every 40 seconds at best. unless you’re running Latent Stamina, which doubles its value

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: FooDang.2498

FooDang.2498

Why sigil of energy? I don’t understand why anyone would take it in any build. It gets you 1 extra dodge every 40 seconds at best. unless you’re running Latent Stamina, which doubles its value

do you even know what sigil of energy does?

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

It grants 5 seconds of vigor
which translates to a delayed 12.5 endurance

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

It is worth noting that sigil of energy got its effect split between pvp and pve/wvw. It still gives back 50 endurance in wvw keeping it as good as it has always been, but the vigor from the pvp version is absolute garbage.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

This paladin build looks very intresting. Change the sigil for air or blood or leeching.
Condi removal might be an issue. You can try leadership rune here and run classic eather renewal. This will loose your main teamsupport skill but you are more of a damage dealer and 1:1 build annyway.

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

What you guys think about this version of @PierPiero build?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIncMg9XCGYCcYiFTAztsmWjrEJgAQDo4EUAviA-TJBGAB7XGI99HA4BAkwJAAA

Played couple of matches, good dmg , sustain and recovery with decent condi clear and ofc great mobility with 7s swiftness every 10s+ rtl

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

This brings good cleanse and healing.

But i think its a damage build with some survivability due to paladin. Not something like old brusier builds to outsustain long fights.

I would do it like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYnMMA9XiVYCeOAcYilHAz9xWZ/sCBgDQLc4EkB6gA-TJBGABA8AA2vMQ67PkwJAAA

Weakenss to reduce incoming damage. Condi removal in elite and heal if needed. Kill and move. You only must only survive till target dead.

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

This brings good cleanse and healing.

But i think its a damage build with some survivability due to paladin. Not something like old brusier builds to outsustain long fights.

I would do it like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYnMMA9XiVYCeOAcYilHAz9xWZ/sCBgDQLc4EkB6gA-TJBGABA8AA2vMQ67PkwJAAA

Weakenss to reduce incoming damage. Condi removal in elite and heal if needed. Kill and move. You only must only survive till target dead.

Problem with ER is a “3s free cast on me” that can force you out completely from the fight and may still prove to be not enough with revs hot on your trail. But I guess it’s more a matter of playstyle where my overly aggressive style doesn’t leave much space for interruption.

@PiePiero build obviously does more dmg (note= I suggest to use Bolt to the Heart, it can quickly bring an end to the teamfight at the right time, a single burning speed when the battle rage on will be devastating) but fall behind in 1vs1 scenarios against revs which will focus you down at all times

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

I know ER. Here its just an emergency if condi bombed. But maybe its not worth to take. I always go for wash teh pain away now. Used arcane brilliance before on agressive builds.
Bolt to the heart is somethin i usualy prefer. But i thought he wants the CC bolt with shoking aura which is not so bad adding weakness.
Stability on OL makes sense too, doing more damage due to lesser interupts + the aura afterwards adds survivability. I personaly have good experience with the autostunbreak + superspeed and added weakness + might on shouts inkluding the passive shout. But its more defensive. This build looks more classic faster rotation, so i assume OL is not a focus. But my link is wrong. It should use arcane not earth…..
Maybe this.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYn0XC9XiVYCeOAcYilHAz9xWZ/sFVhZ4TQIAcAeAA-TJBGAB7XGAgHAQ67PkwJAAA

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

reikken.4961

great mobility with 7s swiftness every 10s

With 40% boon duration, you’re getting a lot more than 7s swiftness off of Elemental Attunement. The base swiftness duration is 8s.

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Some interesting Ideas, gotta try them out.

If I go for a damage-oriented build, I currently play this one:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYn0XCdOg9XCWYCcYilNAzdv+XPsErgUwIY4BEAKgA-TJRIABAcCA4Z/B5LDEwDAAA

Atm. I have decent success against the condi-builds in 1v1’s (Mesmer and Necro). Gotta say that the MU’s require a lot of practice though, one undodged Moa or Shroud 5 for example will make you instaloose.

It’s also decent in teamfights, but I struggle heavily against good Revs and Scrappers, since they either out-dps or outsustain me. Haven’t played too many druids yet, might be a hard MU again cuz he’ll outsustain you.

Clerics is obviously better overall and there are better builds that fill the role of a D/D-Ele currently, but it’s not bad for a few league games. It’s also good enough that you can actually win most MU’s if you know what you’re doing and are able to outplay the opponent.

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

I tried the build a bit. Got destroyed by druid pets lol. I took weakness on shouts for large amounts of weakness uptime. The build felt great but lacked sustain vs builds like druid or scrapper.

Bad Elementalist

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

the real problem , at least for me , of cleric meta is not that it is not strong. It is , as scrapper for engineer ( i main an engi ) , the strongest build now with no doubt but they both have for me a really great problem : they are boring to play and i have not fun with them . You can say i am bad or stupid, but i play for fun . If i have not fun with something i have 2 possibilities : i try something different or don’t play and go to do something different

(edited by PierPiero.9142)

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

PowerBottom.5796

After playing D/D with menders, pala and merc against decent players, I have to say it’s pretty terrible. I came up with an interesting build I’m currently trying out though:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoYn0XCdOg9XCWOAcYilPAjYEEB2ADHgAQ/z9teX/rA-TJRHwAAOBA82fQZZgAPAAA

You basically trade flash freeze for mist form so you can’t be spiked down so easily (cuz focus is great against spiked dmg, offhand dagger – not so much). Also, I like the added condi-dmg from strength of stone, since I don’t need the earth CD’s reduced and I have more than enough condi-clear for reduced durations to come into play that often.

So you get more condi-dmg, more power-dmg, more mobility, but you’re easier to spike down (still decent against spiked dmg though) and worse against projectiles (which I don’t see that often anyways).

I think the main advantage is that this build might actually be able to kill certain low-sustain classes in 1v1’s, haven’t tested it yet though. It also offers more dmg, which can be pretty important in 2v2’s especially.

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

That clerics seems not to fit the build … But its hrd to decide. You propably need the armor to stay above 75% agaisnt reapers. I have good success with sage + stone heart + cleansing flame not mist form. But without diamond skin its about the third condi spike that kills me. Corrup protection, condi + power damge hurts without armor.

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

PowerBottom.5796

Looks interesting, but not running DS pretty much means you’ll loose to Mesmer and Necro (not 100% sure about necro, but the fact that you’ll do more dmg to yourself with conditions than to the necro, I think this MU is lost). So we’re left with scrapper/rev and druid as the most common 1v1’s. I highly doubt it will win against any of those, but I’d have to try myself. I’ll realy need to see how good stone-heart feels against physical DMG nowadays.

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Wolfric.9380

you are right. Exactly what i experience. I get wercked by the condi mesmers. The necros are tough but i have so much cleanse and more life that i might kill him before i run out. Thats why i said about the third condi spike kills me or forces me to disengage. On the other side i destroy most power builds. Engis usually are extremely long fights and other eles a draw …

It runs like this:
Mesesmer: I get destroyed.
Necro: about 50/50. A fight where the ncecro gets +1 on his side kills me fast.
Engi: Tend to win but its endles.
Ele: Never ending fight
Thief: unless he is good and +1´s at the right moment he dies fast or disengages.
DH: Near autowin
Ranger: If relying on Bow/britle hes dead. Otherwise it last a while mostly with me winning.
Revenant: I win, but a mistake is often unforgiving.

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

the only reason I find sigil energy useful for ele is to couple with traits evasive acana particularly in earth, or is it still useless? and extra dodges that sometimes do save lifes. save that 1 hp . ofc I don’t use sigil of energy now because other sigils are better.

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

d/d tempest

in Elementalist

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

I’ve been using a slight variation of your build throughout this season and reached mid-diamond with it. So pretty decent.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAodn0XC9XidOAWYCcYilGAbYF0BChCFgAwH09yuZHtA-TJBFABA8AA+vMQR7PA8JAAA

In 1v1 I pretty much always win against anything other than druids.

Also, may I recommend tornado if you’re using lightning rod. It might sound bad but it’s great for chasing people off points and splitting up big fights.