ele downed skills are bad

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wing.5487

Wing.5487

Simple, compared to ANY other class we suck, sure we got mistform, but apart from that what else?

Every other class has 2 skills that benefit their downed state better while we only have mistform..

Also please don’t speak about grasping earth since you can barely pull off its cast half way through before you get stomped

providing you used mistform and got away somewhere to buy youreself time, which is never enough if someone is following you to stomp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Ok, but Mistform is by far the most overpowered Downed skill of any profession. Seriously, it’s kookoo bananas, and I’m surprised every patch where it isn’t replaced with something more reasonable.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wing.5487

Wing.5487

It only just delays the inevitable, and our other skills can’t compare, namely the grasping earth, when you look at rev, guard or any other class they all have some kind of knock/stun/disrupt plus something else.

I mean its litteraly so bad you don’t even have to do anything once your downed, you just hope they stomp you asap so that you can spend LESS time downed and delaying the inevitable

Unless you have an epicly awsome team with fast ress, you won’t get up, not to mention you have no way of disrupting the enemy while he tries to stomp you while your beeing ressed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

mist form is great because it lets you reposition or allows you to stall for a rally

if you’re by yourself it’s useless of course, but ele is best at support, so you should usually be with allies

grasping earth is pretty terrible tho. way too slow to be useful

(edited by reikken.4961)

in Elementalist

Posted by: fuzzyp.6295

fuzzyp.6295

Yeah I have to agree with the others. Mist Form makes up for the lack of usefulness of Grasping Earth. In that clutch situation where you are down and another enemy is down and someone is about to get rallyed, having those 3 seconds of invuln could be the difference that turns the battle in your favor. Also, it is great in WvW since its the only skill that lets you actually get to safety. And I have used Mist Form hundreds of times to run away and hide and was able to revive myself just with bandage because of the chaos going on.

At the end of the day, all the downskills are just delaying the inevitable wouldn’t you say? The only skill that I think actually helps in a major way would be the Ranger’s downed 3 (Lick wounds I think?). The rest all just push/pull/stealth you to try and keep you alive long enough.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

You can delay your death strategically with the right timing to get a rally. Or you can chose to get downed next to your base’s door. Well, its greatest advantage is in repositionning/timing your death, make it easier for your team to revive you.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

On topic of downed skills, anyone know what’s up with Steam Vent(Underwater Downed #3)? It seems I’m never able to move after using it.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

underwater doesn’t exist anymore as far as arenanet is concerned

watch the underwater fractal get removed with the update

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowphazon.7529

Shadowphazon.7529

Once upon a time Grasping Earth was our #2 and Vapour Form was our #3. You’d die before vapour form came off recharge.
We’ve certainly had it worse.

in Elementalist

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

Once upon a time Grasping Earth was our #2 and Vapour Form was our #3. You’d die before vapour form came off recharge.
We’ve certainly had it worse.

I’d be ok with vapor form being #3 if the #2 skill was improved on.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Enferian.2705

Enferian.2705

You are right eles have the worst downed abilities.

I think mesmers have the best… when i go do as mesmer i always think:
“I m going to use my 2 ability to spawn a clone (and hope that my teamamte wont try to ress it, duh!) and 2 secs later i will reappear maybe far from my teamates or right next to the guy trying to stomp me and then i will destroy him with my … uh… oh… never mind i ll do nothing and just die”

or maybe a warrior has the best…

" i ll throw this hammer to knock you down and then use vengeance to have a 50% chance(if untraited) to rally if i kill you… unless ofc you have stability/block/distortion/blind or there is a clone/minion/pet/butterfly in front of you that will block the hammer… or if there is a second player tryign to stomp me… then i m done for good…."

Joking aside… all downed abilities are meant to delay the innevitable for a few extra secs buying time for your allies to res you, with the exception of guardian 3 and ranger 3. Those provide healing which could be enough to save you under the right circumastances, eg the enemies dont have the dmg to offset the guardian’s healing or dont have any cc to interrupt the pet heal.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Can you interrupt a healing dead pet?

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Enferian.2705

Enferian.2705

Unless something is bugged the ranger instantly revives the pet and then the pet revives the ranger so you should always be able to interrupt it (unless ofc it has stability somehow)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Ele downed skills are actually pretty good for pvp – not only is GUARANTEED to prevent a stomp, you also get to reposition out of AoE, run to your team-mates, and even go through a portal if available. Even PvE by getting to move wherever you want and self-res.

As an ele main, I will say that I feel much more helpless on most other classes when I go down.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

It only just delays the inevitable, and our other skills can’t compare, namely the grasping earth, when you look at rev, guard or any other class they all have some kind of knock/stun/disrupt plus something else.

All of which only delay the inevitable as well. I’ll take a reposition over a knockback any day.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Mist form is the best downed state by far.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mem no Fushia.7604

Mem no Fushia.7604

Mist form in wvw save in zerg fights and when near gates, as long as allies around.

Grasping earth as concept of skill is good, but that skill could also have earth elemental and even it could be weapon or utility skill. Its a little sad that its only downed state. When i’m in downed state I wait, sometimes I can use it to root focused enemy.

Often when I manage to bring enemy down and I try to dmg him I happen to fail and also go down state. When we both in downed states its not weird that I lose even if he was longer on the ground.

So for that I came up with:

Pheonix’s Dare
When attack/right click downed state enemy you use Pheonix [instert here Pheonix_skill_template] and gain heal equal to dmg done by that skill to any downed state enemy/ies and 5 might stacks 13s and aegis 8s. 20sCD.

1stNote: Trait could be affected by CD reduction from Pyromancer’s Training.
2ndNote: Cleaving downed states with Pheonix directly from scepter also heal, give 5might and aegis, but it don’t throw Pheonix’s Dare trait on CD.

I just suggest that what I would choose to have.