ele or mesmer for wvwvw?

ele or mesmer for wvwvw?

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

hi folk

i have a level 80 mesmer and a level 80 ele..each toon have all exotic gear (ele has cleric/soldier/zerker/knight, mesmer has soldier/knight/zerker)

but now i wanna take some ascendent gear, and i don’t really know if take the gear for the ele or for the mesmer and which kind of gear..

i play as a support staff ele, and as a shatter mesmer, and i enjoy both in the same way..

in addiction i’m scared for every patch they made…any suggestions?

thank you in advantage

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

ele or mesmer for wvwvw?

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

This totally depends on what you like to do. They play totally different. I have a mesmer and a ele, thief also warrior.

Ele is the class I like the most so far. I actually leveled him to 50 stopped when the game came out and then rolled mesmer to 80 played that for a long time, then moved to thief, warrior before finally getting him to 80.

I like to engage in fights with more than 1 person usually thief, mesmer, ele can do those if built right. The play style are just so different in that scenario that you cant really compare. Ele is more Im in your face, thief is in and out and some what with mesmer depending on your build.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

ele or mesmer for wvwvw?

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Mesmer has a lot of utility eg. with portals but generally ele is more fun to play in WvW.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

ele or mesmer for wvwvw?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I have both and I usually end up playing ele in wvw because the mesmer is sooo slowww. We have a bit of speed with a focus but mostly you get left behind or can’t catch up. On the other hand, wandering solo, if you’re pretty tough a mesmer can survive a lot and speed isn’t an issue.

ele or mesmer for wvwvw?

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

mesmers aren’t slow if you slot runes of the centaur.

combined with focus and the 15sec heal, you have 100% swiftness uptime.

then there’s blink and portal…

downed state is bad for PVP

ele or mesmer for wvwvw?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

I started off with an 80 mesmer for my main, and now I have a level 80 ele. I mostly do WvW with guildies, in either small scale skirmishes or participating in the zergs to take out a keep.

I LOVED my mesmer, but it’s hard to tag people due to limited ranged AoE. However, if you can find a 1v1 or a small scale skirmish they’re loads of fun. Mesmers do have some great utility as well with their portals, feedback, mass invisibility.

I do like my elementalist way more in WvW. I just feel like the ele is more well rounded. Small scale skirmishes I can help chase down runners, support the group, while dealing damage using D/D. If I’m in a zerg then I can switch to staff and soak up the badges.

Edit: I never considered the slowness of mesmer when deciding. For me, I didn’t think that was too game breaking with focus and blink.

ele or mesmer for wvwvw?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Different classes, different playstyle. Both strong. Your choice

ele or mesmer for wvwvw?

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

thank you for your response

hard choice anyway..when i’m with my mesmer i think ‘kitten why i’m not with my ele?’
and when i’m with my ele i think ‘kitten a portal here would work very well’

in your personal opinion, which class is more gear dependant?

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.