elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lazarast.6571

Lazarast.6571

Hope you like the video, I really put my effort into this one.

Cheers.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: nickyparsons.3159

nickyparsons.3159

nice music and skill

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

My favourite video featuring an elementalist yet… well done! Good play as well.

(You only might want to try out fast ground cast for a quicker stun-break)

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lipin.7529

Lipin.7529

/salute

please teach me your build. Is it viable in dungeons?

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

my build is this one: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fEAQJAoYhMmmbsR5gjDAEFm4y4BIbQSRxM4A;ToAg2Cuoay0koJbTumkNNWYuA

I’ll do a videoguide explaining everything.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

nickyparsons.3159

it says “bad link”

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

Yes, I saw it. Try to copy the link and paste it directly.

Thanks!

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

nickyparsons.3159

yeah that worked

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prowl.5097

Prowl.5097

Very nice video, +1 to you sir. Hope I can play d/d like that one day

Guild Commander of Embers of a Dying Sun
Henett: Elementalist of Fort Aspenwood

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xintria.6578

Xintria.6578

Very nice. Thank you. Good skill!

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Morthis.3968

Morthis.3968

Very nice video.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ristlin.2890

Ristlin.2890

Love the channeling/teleport combo. Didn’t know about that one — very cool.

Also nice build, but I still think mine is the best : )

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

very very very very good vid!!
i like your style

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

Thx all! I’ll try and do the videoguide next week

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: wertyuio.8630

wertyuio.8630

omg. you play almost exactly the same as i do, except i go for a more fire-centric build, play a bit more spammy (starcraft reflexes coming back) and use water element solely for heals and condition breakage instead of the range. i guess i dance in and out of range more often… the benefits of having 3 range-closers instead of simply toughness + condition damage equips, i bring toughness + [power + vitality.

i find that fire;s direct damage let’s me deal more controllable damage— i can better manage my opponent’s health that way. i also bring sigil of air as my 8 skill instead, since that blind lets me get away more easily as well as, in niche situations such as finishers, allows me to pull it off without interruption.

I don’t usually see dual dagger eles in sPvP. they generally go scepter/dagger. personally, and i’m sure you agree, i prefer the damage output of dagger/dagger. and i compensate for my squishiness by maxing out toughness and grabbing soldier’s equips… and the condition damage bonus in maxing out earth is very handy as well. yay 4 all-around elementalist!

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

-_- why aint they fighting back?!
seriously every time you use churning they refuse to hit you…. when they hunt you they refuse to you cripple or stuns…. not a single root throughout the fight….
… stopped half way through after the last dude was standing on top of you around 6min in and your doing churning and his not even using skills for a good 2 sec when basic auto attacks there would have killed you off and neither him nor the ranger desided to cc you at all…..

either its fake or you really found the worst players ever to fight.
none the less you are fleeing more then fighting or kiting ^^
guess i am a bit skiptic after all the bs going on the forum and you do play well with good reflexes but most of those guys aint even trying, headrolling would seriously get them better results ^^

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

@Erebus:

Maybe yo should watch the video again. The guy at 6 min, nearly kills me but i have really good toughness and arcane shield popped out. I’m sorry but autoattacks don’t kill me. Maybe you use an ofensive build (glass cannon) with zero defensive stats but my elementalist has more than 50% direct damage reduction. Another thing is that I use the teleport while I channel churning earth so they don’t interrupt.

Of corse, it’s gameplay from pugs and some of them don’t play that good, but I wouldn’t call them worst players ever.

I invite you to record a video and demonstrate better gameplay.

Cheers.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

hi Lazarast, first, my compliments, i think you are really great with ele
Second i wanna ask you one thing, i don’t see any keybind only […], so i think you use some mouse with multiple key, it’s correst?

and third, how you move your char? with wasd or similar or pressing left and right mouse concurrently?

thank you for the answer, and compliments again

(sorry for my bad english )

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

@titaniumm: Hi! at the moment I’m using the logitech g600. I move my char with WASD and holding right click.

Happy you liked the video

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

Next week I’ll get a new PC so maybe I finish the guide in a couple of weeks.

Cheers.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Amnon.4769

Amnon.4769

Wait… did you just teleport right at the end of Churning Earth?? That works? Awesome

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

It’s a nice trick! I didn’t discover it but with my build it’s very usefull.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

Bought new PC, it will arrive next week. I’ll start to upload more often.

Cheers.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

You are a good elementalist but there is much you can improve…

First of all, I didn’t watch your traits and gear but what I can tell from the video…

You use signet of heal and fire without the master trait that keep the passive after activating signet. Without that trait, the signet of heal is the worst heal you can use. Signet of fire doesn’t give enough benefit without the trait by itself to be more useful then Glyph of elemental harmony or cleansing fire (especially on a D/D build having you even more in melee)
You find people who are obviously terrible. Especially that mesmer who don’t seems to know what his abilities do and even less how to use shatter.

You waste your fire charge. It’s your highest hitting ability in D/D. Why using it to move slightly away?

That being said all I can add is this.

I’m not impressed by teleport churning earth like everyone seems to be in this thread.
It’s nothing new or special. Just knowing out of global can be used while channeling is enough to know teleport churning earth work that way. I’ve killed plenty of people using churning earth teleport arcane wave. The part where I think you failed is that you don’t teleport ON them, wasting the teleport damage.

Still, good video.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

@Erebus:

Maybe yo should watch the video again. The guy at 6 min, nearly kills me but i have really good toughness and arcane shield popped out. I’m sorry but autoattacks don’t kill me. Maybe you use an ofensive build (glass cannon) with zero defensive stats but my elementalist has more than 50% direct damage reduction. Another thing is that I use the teleport while I channel churning earth so they don’t interrupt.

Of corse, it’s gameplay from pugs and some of them don’t play that good, but I wouldn’t call them worst players ever.

I invite you to record a video and demonstrate better gameplay.

Cheers.

@ the vid ,Yep that is how a proper D/D dances around groups. It is so much fun to play it is addicting. i Switch classes around but there is not a day that goes by whe i dont use my ele D/D the most.

I suspect we are running a similar build reading that but i (for now) ditched the teleport and the arcane shield. I swithced the shield for the blind which i like to pop when i stampede into a group ,open the gates of hell and dash out again. Sometimes it is very obvious how they have no clue how to deal with that

I didnt see you make the ‘might’ stack combo ,why dont you use that?

(i didnt know you could use the teleport without interupting the churning cast 0_0 im gonna try that)

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Awesome!
That “blink + AoE Earth” will be severely nerfed though, you can bet your life on that.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

@Snaplemouton: I do have the trait writen in stonw (XII) of earth. But it’s bugg and if you use it in mist form the passive effect goes off.

My fire 3 skill, the charge, does like 500 – 1k damage because I nearly have no power. That’s why lot’s of times I use it to move quickly and evade attacks or move faster forward.

Of course, there are some mistackes, but gameplay is not perfect yet

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

While others saw you as running, I seemed to see you were giving time for your dots to do their work. I thought that was quite wise. You seemed to be using line of sight to prevent damage and allow your skills to recharge, all the while coming back when players came to you or you circled around, using knowledge of the map, to lay on more dots and direct damage. I think probably many times the other player was surprised to see you again lol.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

@Baladir: Thank you Baladir I have to say that lot’s of players that see my videos don’t understand my gameplay. You certanly did.

Last game I played seriously (won’t coun’t swtor) was wow and it’s a tactic that was very usefull.

Cheers.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rainshine.5493

Rainshine.5493

OK, I love dual daggers but haven’t been able to really make it work for me in the limited amount of sPvP I’ve done. I got all excited to check out your build but the dang website is doing maintenance

Nice vid, thanks for posting! Picked up a few things I could be doing better regardless of build.

Ruse Torrent (elementalist) on JQ
trixnotes tumblr: quick hits of lore | personal tumblr (some other GW2 stuff)

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

While others saw you as running, I seemed to see you were giving time for your dots to do their work. I thought that was quite wise. You seemed to be using line of sight to prevent damage and allow your skills to recharge, all the while coming back when players came to you or you circled around, using knowledge of the map, to lay on more dots and direct damage. I think probably many times the other player was surprised to see you again lol.

Not really , i play like how you see it in the video (have to with D/D) and after 1 match they already start expecting you around the corner again but that’s ok. There isn’t much they can do about it anyway.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

I switched to ele from mesmer (because I found it boring), and it was partly this vid (is it the same as on GW2G?) that made me go for it. If you know what you are doing, elementalists are really fun. I for sure am not going back to mesmer after trying this. Thanks for easing the switch

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

can someone who sees the link tell me what it is?

Example.
20 fire – major = IV, V
10 water – major = V

Also can you tell me the necklace and jewel and runes and sigils thanks.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

I can help with that If I can in 1 or 2 weeks I’ll upload the videoguide.

The traits are:

30 earth with II, IX, XII.
20 water: V, IX.
20 arcane: IV, V.

Runes of the undead, shaman amulet with carrion gem and 2x sigil of minor corruption.

Cheers.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Posted by: snaplemouton.1294

snaplemouton.1294

@Snaplemouton: I do have the trait writen in stonw (XII) of earth. But it’s bugg and if you use it in mist form the passive effect goes off.

My fire 3 skill, the charge, does like 500 – 1k damage because I nearly have no power. That’s why lot’s of times I use it to move quickly and evade attacks or move faster forward.

Of course, there are some mistackes, but gameplay is not perfect yet

Good if you have the trait.
But fire charge is 3 attacks in one.
You get a hit for passing thru someone. The blast finisher damage and the burning effect on top of it.
So whatever the build you use, in the end it’s always the highest damaging ability you get with main hand dagger.
I still believe signet of fire isn’t worth it. Might wanna try glyph of elemental harmony. You’ll pull out much more damage in the end with it (The effect doesn’t change when you swap attunement. If you use the glyph in fire, it’s 30 seconds of chance to burn and that whatever the attunement you are in. Using it in lightning is also very good as weakness is probably the best condition out there and is usually hard to find a build with lot of weakness.

(edited by snaplemouton.1294)

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

fire3 charge is good for direct damage, but not in my build. The damage it does it’s like 1-2 seconds of burning.

Signet of fire it’s nice for me, I’ve allready tested GoEH in the past, with 2 fire and fire signet I have all the burning I want, even with glyphs enhanced. On the other hand, chill and weakness are both really interesting but in that case I would not be burning every second.

Of course, if you don’t like the build, it’s all your opinion, but I’ve diply tested it and I like it how it’s now.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Vaerah.4907

I am trying to learn D/D. I have watched the video again.
Can I repeat what myself said earlier in this thread and say: awesome!

I actually had to slow down the video at some points because you pressed more buttons than I could follow on the screen. I also loved the last audio track, whose music band is it?

The more I play the thing the more it’s exactly like playing old style feral druid in WoW. Chipping at stuff with zillions of shapeshifting, stomping, healing (was tauren mwahaha!) and then back to chipping.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

Song is Self vs Self from Pendulum. Each time a song starts, the name appears on screen.

One of my mains was feral :P

Cheers.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Vaerah.4907

Thank you! I suspected you played that, different game, similar style.

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

Yes, you have to use a spell and another one and another one… just keep spaming spells but with the right order

elementalist 1v1 and 1v2

in Elementalist

Lazarast.6571

Hey, tomorrow new Pc so next week I’ll upload the guide