Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

This honestly has me scared. They can’t just nerf warriors only to create another monster. Sure they need some help to be brought up to the viable level in tpvp, but it shouldn’t be an “elepocalypse”. This patch only has me really scared. However with the dev teams history theyll probably change 2-3 skills, maybe fix a Bug, and change a trait, for each profession.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Apocalypse = global destruction
Elepocalypse = ele destruction

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

I see it in another way,again with unbalanced things,again with the op specs for another 4-5 months then again another big update with unbalanced things,op specs and bla bla bla.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

They are setting us up to nerf us even harder down the line.
You know, no fun to hit someone when they are already down and all that.
/paranoia

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

/paranoia

…Is it still Paranoia if you are right? I can see us ending in a WORSE state than we are now if they over buff us and we become the new Warrior broken class. We do need buffs, but rather just tweaks and little improvements here and there. We don’t need huge changes or anything.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Whit.2385

Whit.2385

Don’t worry, that patch is ages away – like June (after WvW season). Besides, if the buff us and we become OP, we’ll be OP for at least 6 – 8 months if not more (remember, this is A-net, eg. 1-2 balance (shaving) patches per year). After that… who knows, but truly… who cares? When all is said and done, we are talking 2015 at this point.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Lostwingman.5034

/paranoia

…Is it still Paranoia if you are right? I can see us ending in a WORSE state than we are now if they over buff us and we become the new Warrior broken class. We do need buffs, but rather just tweaks and little improvements here and there. We don’t need huge changes or anything.

Yea…but
#elepocalypse
ids habbening gaiz, run

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

In this meta the old prenerf D/D bunker ele doesn’t seem like an OP build. I’m not worried about the buffs if they’re going to bring the ele back to a level it was at previously, since that’s still not as effective as a decap engi or warrior with a 10% weaker heal sig.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I can see us ending in a WORSE state than we are now

The one thing I’m anxious about is that they’ll exchange the current rapid attunement cycling for something slower, moe akin to weapon swapping ‘because the masses prefer that’.

Seriously, I’d take a 25% damage nerf if they’ll keep Evasive Arcana and attunement field/finisher combos the way they are now on staff.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

This gonna suck… Gett buffeed into OP and then NURPHED into the grouund….

Devona’s Rest

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Just to clarify, Powerr (Tyler Chapman, one of the devs) clarified on a twitch stream that there aren’t that many BALANCE changes coming in the future patch, but the runes and sigil changes are a big thing. He said its less that they are making elementalists more powerful, but giving them a new role to fill and opening up build options. He promoted #elepocalypse because he is personally psyched for ele changes (I think it is his preferred class). Then again, Powerr thought that 0/30/10/30/0 was going to be a thing after the December patch, and was excited for that.

I just hope they nerf Warriors and Thieves to be more in-line with everyone else.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Lostwingman.5034

I can see us ending in a WORSE state than we are now

The one thing I’m anxious about is that they’ll exchange the current rapid attunement cycling for something slower, moe akin to weapon swapping ‘because the masses prefer that’.

Seriously, I’d take a 25% damage nerf if they’ll keep Evasive Arcana and attunement field/finisher combos the way they are now on staff.

I’d rather we get both.
Ditch elemental surge with a “Deep Attunement” trait. For example, if in Water and you have “Deep Attunement” you can tap F2 to enter deeper into the elements under Water. You could then have a “Water” set of weapon skills and an “Ice” set of weapon skills independent of what weapon you are equipped with that you swap between using the “`” button we almost never use. To leave you would hit F2 again to return to the normal water skills and then rotate around per usual.
Or you could make that a flavor in general of putting 30 points in a line. Like 30 in water would give you that option.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That would be WAY too hard, having to make a WHOLE other set of attunement skills for each weapon?

Maybe have it so this “deep attunement” buffs your currently set of skills but at a cost of putting all other attunements on a 10second cool down or something?

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Hahahaha in the end I think this is what we’ll get :P. I’ve stopped getting overhyped in a long time. We’ll see ANet, we’ll see

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Lostwingman.5034

That would be WAY too hard, having to make a WHOLE other set of attunement skills for each weapon?

“independent of what weapon you are equipped with”
That means what weapon you are equipped with doesn’t matter, it will be the same skills.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

That means what weapon you are equipped with doesn’t matter, it will be the same skills.

That would be even harder considering Staff, Scepter and Dagger are all different range. How would the range of these skills be decided?

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Just to clarify, Powerr (Tyler Chapman, one of the devs) clarified on a twitch stream that there aren’t that many BALANCE changes coming in the future patch, but the runes and sigil changes are a big thing. He said its less that they are making elementalists more powerful, but giving them a new role to fill and opening up build options. He promoted #elepocalypse because he is personally psyched for ele changes (I think it is his preferred class). Then again, Powerr thought that 0/30/10/30/0 was going to be a thing after the December patch, and was excited for that.

I just hope they nerf Warriors and Thieves to be more in-line with everyone else.

Yea Powerr is a Ele at heart he mained it early in the games life when he streamed and was on teams before he started working at Anet. I use to actually watch him alot in SWTOR and follow his Jedi Shadow builds he had a good hybrid that got nerfed over there lulz.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

I think we are just getting new skills that will open up more synergy between skills/builds.Some minor trait changes and new armor stats.I don’t see what role the elementalist can get besides boon buffer and condi cleanser,which already exist in the game.The only problem with those 2 roles is if youw anna do em right you gotta do only that.Ofc i am not talking about PvE.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Lostwingman.5034

That would be even harder considering Staff, Scepter and Dagger are all different range. How would the range of these skills be decided?

No it wouldn’t. You would mix them with 1 melee range one and one long ranged one to create range flexibility.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

When is that patch happening again?

I just hope they don’t nerf a spec to “balance things out”

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Hoping they are careful, elementalist could very easily become overpowered.

Edit: I do hope more options become viable with the patch (for all professions, not just ele).

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

(edited by Celtus.8456)

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

If a dev is saying it’s good its gonna be op because they bad at this game.

Bad Elementalist

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

If a dev is saying it’s good its gonna be op because they bad at this game.

I wouldn’t call Powerr bad at all. He was on team PZ, which was one of the best teams in the world. There was also a time he was ranked number 2, when there were enough people playing that it meant something. I don’t know if he still has all those skills, but he is certainly still a very good player.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

I really don’t trust them to do anything significant enough. D/D ele is in an atrocious state, being outclassed in almost every way by warrior. Warrior with longbow and axe/shield has far better vitality and armor, equal healing, better single target damage, better condi removal, better aoe (longbow burst and longbow 3), better might stacking, better crowd control (shield bash and pin down), and more versatility in range than d/d ele. Not much is gonna change that. Maybe weapon swap and hp boost.

And sigil change + dual sigil 2h weapons benefits war more than d/d ele.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Wait, isn’t the big PvP patch coming the 18th anymore?

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

Wait, isn’t the big PvP patch coming the 18th anymore?

nope,because 18th is too early to release something and they don’t want to fix the meta after ONLY 9 months of kitten.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

… so when will there be reason to play GW2 again? I am so worn out by the current meta that it hurts looking at the logo.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Who understand you guys. Most of you have posted comments/threads to buff this and that for the ele and now that the ele might become an easy op mode profession again there are still complaints? The ele forum is so disappointing.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Jabberwock.9014

Funny how you bash folks for being skeptical and go right in the complete opposite direction saying ele might become op. Last time I checked, none of us had the patch notes… and it’s probably more realistic to be skeptical given the track record. I’ll believe ele is op when I see it. An 8% reduction in healing signet hps and evade on burning speed don’t exactly sound like game changers to me. Of course setting my expectations low means more potential for me to be pleasantly surprised.

I really, really hope that the new awesome thing eles are supposedly getting is weapon swap though. That would open up this entire class so, so much… it’s getting extremely stale as it is. I am convinced lack of weapon combinations is a huge reason eles have stagnated in the meta… everyone knows how to deal with the few types of eles there are, and it’s nearly impossible to adapt to new metas.

(edited by Jabberwock.9014)

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Funny how you bash folks for being skeptical and go right in the complete opposite direction saying ele might become op. Last time I checked, none of us had the patch notes… and it’s probably more realistic to be skeptical given the track record. I’ll believe ele is op when I see it. An 8% reduction in healing signet hps and evade on burning speed don’t exactly sound like game changers to me. Of course setting my expectations low means more potential for me to be pleasantly surprised.

I really, really hope that the new awesome thing eles are supposedly getting is weapon swap though. That would open up this entire class so, so much… it’s getting extremely stale as it is. I am convinced lack of weapon combinations is a huge reason eles have stagnated in the meta… everyone knows how to deal with the few types of eles there are, and it’s nearly impossible to adapt to new metas.

How is that going the opposite direction?? please develop your reading comprehension more. If the profession these players always complained about being weak, underpowered, jack of all trades master of none …….is getting buffed to the point it MIGHT become op like it used to be then they should stop complaining. I bet someone will post “the ele was never op” blah blah blah…

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Weapon swap is rather pointless, we have such a limited access to them. Once they add pistols and Hammers, then i would be interested in weapon swap. I am happy with D/D, it just needs a few tweaks here and there to bring it up to the standard of certain other classes.

I would LOVE D/D to get Magnetic Aura though. I was thinking that it could be done by changing Arcane Shield to Arcane Aura – grants a 5 second aura based on your attunement on a 45 second cool down.

It wasn’t that Ele were OP really, it was at the time most other classes weren’t strong enough to really counter it. You could put the old Bunker D/D back in the current Meta and it wouldn’t be as strong now due to all the buffs other classes have gotten and the fact that people know exactly how to play against ele now.

(edited by ArmageddonAsh.6430)

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

LightningBlaze.4913

Weapon swap is rather pointless, we have such a limited access to them. Once they add pistols and Hammers, then i would be interested in weapon swap. I am happy with D/D, it just needs a few tweaks here and there to bring it up to the standard of certain other classes.

I would LOVE D/D to get Magnetic Aura though. I was thinking that it could be done by changing Arcane Shield to Arcane Aura – grants a 5 second aura based on your attunement on a 45 second cool down.

It wasn’t that Ele were OP really, it was at the time most other classes weren’t strong enough to really counter it. You could put the old Bunker D/D back in the current Meta and it wouldn’t be as strong now due to all the buffs other classes have gotten and the fact that people know exactly how to play against ele now.

Thank you, you just made me win $50. When the other classes weren’t strong enough to counter a profession build what would you call it……… OVERPOWERED!!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You have to specify the cheese builds. It is not entire classes that are bad.

hambow, decap engi, spirit ranger, mm necro, s/p thief, bunker guard, and PU mesmer are the problems.

Burst ele will be the new fotm if they increase survivability and leave burst the same.

(edited by style.6173)

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Malcastus.6240

Seriously, when will the new PvP patch arrive if they postponed it?

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Yeah I thought it was coming this 18th…

so when?

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Jabberwock.9014

How is that going the opposite direction?? please develop your reading comprehension more. If the profession these players always complained about being weak, underpowered, jack of all trades master of none …….is getting buffed to the point it MIGHT become op like it used to be then they should stop complaining. I bet someone will post “the ele was never op” blah blah blah…

No need to be so needlessly insulting. People are saying that ele might still be UP after this patch. You say they might be OP. Just two sides of the same coin really. Or opposite if you will. If someone is flat out stating ele will for a fact be UP after this patch then I agree that is a baseless claim since nobody is psychic. On the other hand to speculate that they may be is perfectly valid.

Myself I’m leaning towards ele (at least d/d ele) still having no role based on the fact that Tyler Chapman has flat out said there won’t be many balance changes besides sigils/runes, which helps war more than ele anyways. I feel that d/d is currently poor man’s war… can do an ok job but war can do just about everything moderately better, so no point in taking ele. Based on what info has been given to us (only 8% reduction on healing signet, pity buff to burning speed) I don’t see any reason right now to believe ele will become op. Indeed it seems to me an indication they are going to be overly cautious due to the previous massive overbuffing of wars and necros. You may not agree but at least respect the opinion.

Also keep in mind Tyler Chapman was just laid off so he probably has been overemphasizing his last few posts to leave on an optimistic note. #elepocalypse is basically his sign off.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

If you want to know why ele won t ever be good you have to read more izzy’s posts..
He still lurks in the darkness awaiting the proper moment to nerf fiery GS because you know “ele has 20 skills…..mobility is a tradeoff”

(and, HP, and cooldown, and effectivenetss, and range, and weapons damage and lack of stability etc etc etc….because 20!!!).

Its easy to see when someone really hates a profession……people thinks at devs as some sort of never-failing abstract being……but they are human.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

ahah this was kitten fun

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Why was he laid off? Shouldn’t they be hiring, not firing?

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

~IIRC Tyler’s a contracted QA worker so after the contract expires he -must- take a leave of absence until the contract is renewed.

Christ I’m so bored.

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Keep this thread in mind when making assumptions.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sizer.5632

Sizer.5632

Im betting it will be a 8% increase to SoR since thats theyre idea of a significant change. I know right, 8%! So excited.

Borolis Pass – [TOVL]
Aeneaaa – 80 engineer
Aeeneaa – 80 Ele

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

If the Dec 10th patch is anything to go by… Either way i am intrigued but……

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

FGS#4: Requires a target to activate.

Now, THAT would be elepocalypse XD

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Just a few more days away before the massive patch. Woohooo!

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

My fat norn ele I have named The Fat Skeletor will be pleased with this elepocalypse. Once all eles are destroyed I will be master of the Universe and none can contest my absolute power.

Devs, thankyou, months of observing people whine on this part of the board has empowered me to become better on thief, warrior, engy, guardian and I’m probably missing a class or two but they arn’t that important. Just give ’em new particle effects or something. Or remove them. Whatever.

Flee cowards and eles alike! I revel in your tears.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

FGS#4: Requires a target to activate.

Now, THAT would be elepocalypse XD

They said fixing fgs (as well as other skills used against the wall like whirlwind attack) has really low priority for now and if it were fixed it’d a distant future.

#elepocalypse

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryld.1340

Ryld.1340

How to start the #elepocalypse

Step 1) Grab Staff

Step 2 ) Grab Mesmer with Scepter

Step 3) Reflect Mesmer Autoattack while Tornado’d.

No duration limit, spams combo fields constantly.
and dies super easy.

Attachments: