feb 22 patch rumours for ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Motoko.2361

Motoko.2361

Ok. Since i am too lazy to find a similar topic here goes.

febb 22 . Ele are getting dps nerf.

How much I cannot say. I am guessing 10% to 20% dps nerf.

Why?

Because no one can out dps a good ele rotation. Period.

And I mean nobody.

Ok. I’ve said what i wanted to say.

Have a nice day.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

For every type of content there will be one class that can do more dps than other classes, and when it comes to large hit boxes that class is Ele.

For aoe with multiple enemies, that is necro.

For single target dps, its a tie between ele, thief and ranger.

If they nerf ele, then the class won’t be used for single target dps and the ones of the remaining two classes will be used instead if they evade the nerfs. Large hit box will likely still be ele, even with a 20% nerf, through the two raid bosses which will be effected by this is going to be significant harder for those already struggling with them.

(edited by Belorn.2659)

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

huh? what happened to give ranger top single target dps?

in Elementalist

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Well actually i dont know where you take these info… But I would be ok with a nerf to staff tempest. As belorn said it will still be top DPS in large hitboxes. Hope it will dont hurt too much both staff fresh air and d/w fresh air.
Also Hope to have some buff to scepter to be at the same level of dagger (Phoenix CD reduction and the already buffed air AA in pvp come also in pve)

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

Any “rumours” about other classes?

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Condi ranger isn’t quite the top dps but it is top tier.

As for top aoe king, I’d still say Ele is better for stationary/balled up targets.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

[…] evade the nerfs.

Thieves evade almost everything, so unless Anet places a Static Field around them on Tuesday, they’ll probably stay OP.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghataka.1604

Ghataka.1604

I really don’t see the point on nerfing DPS in PVE, for any class. Being a staff ele makes you the sloppiest, fragile thing there is, and on top of that it has less armor and survivality than thief.

I think the huge DPS is deserved for anyone who runs a glass cannon-staff ele in PVE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

so long as they dont nerf their aoe and healing abilities in WvW. my zero armor 12k hp kitten needs to remain an untouchable god of destruction and team support.

in Elementalist

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

yeah but what happened? last year it was like… mediocre at best. less dps than warrior

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

I feel really paranoid right now because of these rumors…what if those changes are also for pvp ele….we know how in matters of pvp our skill balance team is …at least blind.

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in Elementalist

Belorn.2659

People figured out the right build for it. QT has a table at http://qtfy.enjin.com/DPS and the realistic version is somewhat useful for estimating raid dps (considering you are going to also handle mechanic, dodging, phase switching, and not every buff from every profession).

Even in the perfect situation with unrealistic buffs, the dps is less than 1k between ele single target and ranger single target. Ranger rotation is also much easier than FA ele, and ranger got more health and armor, so consistency is much better.

But for those two large hit box raid bosses, tempest ele is really good, which hopefully mean that ele won’t be completely scraped after one more nerf.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Staff ele is already hard enough to play in wvw without any more nerfs. Let’s hope they nerf non-staff weapon skills instead.

It’s already beyond a joke that a thief can land 8 skills without breaking a sweat before my auto attack even finishes casting..but yeah, let’s nerf eles….

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

i hope for a targeted change if it comes not WvW and PvP affecting… Usually the impact is much larger destroying the hope for build diversity. If it´s the large hitboxes then this should be targeted from system mechanic side.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You realty should not go off of rumors and the lack of an link dose not help your cause.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

If we’re getting slight nerfs my guess is that they’re going to hit meteor shower, lava font (yes, again), maybe overload fire, ice storm, and perhaps some traits. What really sucks is that there haven’t been any meaningful changes to some skills that are just lackluster or are rarely used. What a shame.

in Elementalist

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Ok. Since i am too lazy to find a similar topic here goes.

febb 22 . Ele are getting dps nerf.

How much I cannot say. I am guessing 10% to 20% dps nerf.

Why?

Because no one can out dps a good ele rotation. Period.

And I mean nobody.

Ok. I’ve said what i wanted to say.

Have a nice day.

Where did the rumor come from?

The only place you use ‘rotations’ is raids, its pvp and wvw that needs balance.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

yeah but what happened? last year it was like… mediocre at best. less dps than warrior

In October they had a minor shortbow buff, which gave it the edge to be used alongside axe/torch.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Elementalist

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Patches are on Tuesdays so that is the 21st.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Patches are on Tuesdays so that is the 21st.

This one is an exception. ANET’s post specified that this patch is hitting us on Wednesday the 22nd.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nitrosiili.5628

Nitrosiili.5628

If this nerf is coming. What other class I should play on pve? I have played ele since GW1, so I need other class to play pve if ele gets nerfed too much.

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

If this nerf is coming. What other class I should play on pve? I have played ele since GW1, so I need other class to play pve if ele gets nerfed too much.

Man, stay on Ele, it Will still be viable

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

depends what they do. If they go for slight staff nerfs that don´t impact pvp/wvw combat much i won´t care. If the do trait nerf impacting non meta pvp builds negative then i don´t know. Another total fail to find the right spot. So i hope …

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Even if it dose end up hitting ele dmg its not going to take away from ele because power dmg has become effectively pointless beyond the one shot builds or the super tankly dps builds. Condi is every thing atm and ele dose not fit that at all. So ele is an support class nearly a pure support class.

They need to buff core ele’s dmg (condi) or support because only tempets is able to do good support with some ok dmg.

Side note if you read up on Motoko.2361 a bit he freaking out on crafting armor atm i am not sure if he comply knows what he talking about and i will feel this way till i see a link to where this rumor started.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

First of all what is your source for this info

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

No mention of shatterstone buffs?!?! FAKE NEWS!!! SAD!!!

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

First of all what is your source for this info

I think a post in reddit about leaked info. Can’t find the post Sorry.
The leaked info were also about thief minor buff, engi getting a group buff for condi damage, banners and GotL affect 10people, Ventari revenant getting alacrity and some rework to veggie pizza food.
Don’t remeber other things

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

lucadiro.4519

No mention of shatterstone buffs?!?! FAKE NEWS!!! SAD!!!

No buff to shatterstone this time.
Think they are saving the buffs to shatterstone for when the new elite specialization THE SHATTERSTONER will come out!

Parabrezza

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grimreaper.5370

Grimreaper.5370

Ele dmg good? Oh… OP is PvE player…

in Elementalist

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

For every type of content there will be one class that can do more dps than other classes, and when it comes to large hit boxes that class is Ele.

For aoe with multiple enemies, that is necro.

For single target dps, its a tie between ele, thief and ranger.

If they nerf ele, then the class won’t be used for single target dps and the ones of the remaining two classes will be used instead if they evade the nerfs. Large hit box will likely still be ele, even with a 20% nerf, through the two raid bosses which will be effected by this is going to be significant harder for those already struggling with them.

Any yet they massively increased necro dps and nerfed ele’s dmg (in pve anyway).
Not seeing to logic with that change, among a few others..

in Elementalist

Belorn.2659

Logic? There is none of that. FA is now significant behind other single target dps builds and will likely be put to the dust heap by speed run players, which will then “inspire” a new meta.

We did have a long period to gear up and train the other classes. Instead of being at top and put far behind, it was a nerf to a class already barely viable in most raid encounters.