felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: skeptic.2409

skeptic.2409

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I read the url your provided then I decided to click it. That thief was terrible, you could have won this fight years before the mesmer arrived.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

More skill-clicking videos…

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Where was the might? If it is that long of a fight, you should have had 18 stacks of might by then. Which explains why you didnt finish that thief off.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

Tbh all i see is a terrible misunderstanding of the elementalist. You have 0 stacks of might up, even though might and sigil of battle have been nerfed and therefore you could make the decision not to fully invest into might stacking anymore, the least you could do is blast your own fields costing no extra sigils/runes but does grant you alot extra power+condi. The second part where i just had to cry in a corner was the moment i realized your water+earth attunement uptime you’re just randomly pressing all your attunements to hope you can press another cooldown skill. the very first thing you should know when playing on an elementalist is that attunement dps vary alot! especially when using daggers. Air autoattack has way superior dps in comparrison to other attunements and you don’t use it at all. Fire can still offer a semi decent dps aswell, especially when popped its cooldowns. The only autoattack i see in the vid is water, which is the worst autoattack by FAR.

If you’re missing atleast 50% dps by missing rotations, non mightstacking and just random button smashing, it’s very understandable that you’re not able to kill that thief, and indeed like Zelyhn mentioned that thief was terrible :p

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

That’s pretty much it, you cannot play the elementalist like the other classes. Your rotation is wrong there, it is far from optimal and if doesn’t fit your build.

You are running a meta that relies on might stacking but are not stacking any might.

After fire you need to go to water 3, then earth 4,3,5 or dodge in your cooldown if those are on cooldown. You should get to 15-18 stacks with runes of strength.

As a comparison I run a custom build that doesn’t rely on might stacking and I have 10 stack of might permanent (3 blast + attunement to fire). 10 stacks of might for the ele is really the minimum.

Stop clicking your skill, practice might stacking rotations and bursts, and you would have won that match easily.

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I was expecting you to burst the thief after the updraft at the end, but you switched to water instead of fire and wasted the cc. When i play D/X ele, typically I go air(DPS/cc)>fire (burst/fire field)>earth (soft cc/hard cc/defensive CD/blast finisher)>water (recovery/blast finisher). I’ve seen a couple of other successful rotations, but the premise is the same CC>burst>react with defensive attunements while stacking might. Your rotation was more CC>wait>recover>burst. Against an acrobatics thief, the animations make the burst easily avoidable if you haven’t properly disabled your target.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Why can’t I ever face eles like this -_-

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lawful.5314

Lawful.5314

I don’t see you might-stacking, which is one of the more important things and Elementalist should do, your rotations are a bit off, for good might stacking you have to go through air>fire>earth>water and pop every possible might boon with blasts.

You got him pretty low at one point but you seem to miss most of your abilities, besides you always seem to waste your teleport on earth 5, even tho you never had to.

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: skeptic.2409

skeptic.2409

thanks for the advice everyone cause honestly I don’t like d/d ele even thoug its the meta and I know it works best, but ill put on the might stack and see how it works and fix my rotation better and to everyone else go suck a kitten

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

thanks for the advice everyone cause honestly I don’t like d/d ele even thoug its the meta and I know it works best, but ill put on the might stack and see how it works and fix my rotation better and to everyone else go suck a kitten

It doesn’t really work better than other builds, I think it’s just more people play it so it’s better understood. All depends one what you’re doing with it. Just because something is popular doesn’t mean it’s automatically better. And if it’s not fun…I would rather play something that’s fun than try to be super optimized.

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

to everyone else go suck a kitten

Allow me to take this as literally as the “read” in your title

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

felt so pointless (read)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

D/D ele in pvp requires a lot of actions within very short time. You are a clicker.

See the problem?