glyph of renewal

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: MrAlfredBuddyGuy.9852

MrAlfredBuddyGuy.9852

So the description says it revives an ally. But during a dungeon the other day I found this to not work on many many occassions. Then other times it worked… What I found is that it seems to only work if they are downed but not completely dead.

Is that really how its intended? And if so I’m finding it to not be very worth while.

Basically if people are already dead it’s not likely that you can rush over to revive them and typially if you can actually can spare the time and agro to revive someone then you don’t really need the skill in the first place.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel this skill is not as useful as it coule be?

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

From what I recall, it used to be a proper “revive”, but then the moles saw the way it was & hit it with the nerf bat into uselessness.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

All of the revive skills (illusion of life, warbanner, signet of undeath, toss elixer r I think) work only when the player is downed.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleden.9386

Kaleden.9386

Glyph of Renewal (as with the reviving skills of other professions) will only rally downed (not dead) players. Though it was once possible, as of this post, Warriors are now the only class that can also revive dead NPCs.

I agree with your assessment of the skill. Considering the long cast and recast time, it very rarely sees itself on my utility bar.

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Yuki Chuki.2457

Yuki Chuki.2457

Like the others said: It once could revive dead players but got nerfed to only work on downed ones. That’s probably what you’ve experienced.
But it’s super useless 99% of the time since the nerf; I wouldn’t recommend to use it anymore. Some things to think about:
- It’s super slow. Most of the times you’re much faster reviving a downed player by pressing F. Using it, you risk getting the player killed before you can cast it.
- If a player is in immediate danger of dying, you either can’t go near because it’s very dangerous there or you want to heal him as fast as possible. Both is not possible with this skill. Plus, if he isn’t in great danger, he can probably heal himself anyway.
- Casting it in earth, you could theoretically revive 3 players at once. But how often does that happen? They’d also have to be downed close to each other. Even if that’s the case, chances are that there’s a lot of incomming damage in that area (why else would 3 players be downed there) and you’ll get downed yourself while trying to rescue them.
- The cooldown is way to high for it being so useless. Cancle the casting for any reason?: You just screwed it up and have to wayt for nearly 3 minutes. Player got up before you finished casting it?: You just wasted it and have to wait for nearly 3 minutes. Get interrupted in the over 4 second long casting time? you know the deal…

Imho there are just so many better skills one can chose for all kinds of builds.
It was really great before the nerf. Now? Not so much…

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gutek.1534

Gutek.1534

This skill actually does work on npc’s, I’ve used it in the Ascalon fractal a few times before. It still is pretty useless though.

You betwitched me, you evil magpie! -Chhk the Windmill King

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I was confused about this for a while, until I figured it was just for downed players. As that is the case, this skill is pretty much useless given the casting time and cooldown. I’d rather have mistform, armor of earth, or arcane shield all to survive in dungeons while rezzing. I am not 100% sure, but you might even be able to lightning flash while ressing for greater separation. Given that all of the other utilities are not so situational, they are superior choices.

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Turkashi.4502

Turkashi.4502

long before a patch there was a time which let you activate 2 attuement boost (like full hp water + 3 rez earth). And it could rez dead people.

But after many patches we’ve enture many pain, blood and nerfs.
Now I only use this on claw of Jromag for my daily 10 rez (direclty 3 rez on earth)

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

This skill got nerfed a day or so after I bought it. I remember being new and feeling so regretful about wasting skillpoints, over time you get used to all the useless stuff we have and settle into one of the 2 builds that work that everyone else is using.

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: BLKNovember.5620

BLKNovember.5620

It’s a good skill, but it’s entirely situational, and the range is very short, keeping you close to downed allies, which would be a risk if they got downed in the first place. But it does grant you a chance to kite while casting, instead of directly reviving and taking direct damage from enemies, I suppose.

[PRX] Deadly Proximity
Radik of Aeon – Guardian

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

It’s a good skill, but it’s entirely situational, and the range is very short, keeping you close to downed allies, which would be a risk if they got downed in the first place. But it does grant you a chance to kite while casting, instead of directly reviving and taking direct damage from enemies, I suppose.

/agreed I’ll load it if I am in a dungeon group that has players who are downed alot. The final fight of MF is a good example when standing still and rezzing is hard with the aoe and shock waves. Wvw can be a good use of the skill especially now with the increased aoe damage from siege equipment. There are alot of downed players and in earth we can rez 3. I lose my favorite utility skills I would otherwise use but, hey, it’s a team effort.

It used to revive dead players in earth for a long time. It took a couple patches, but Anet was finally able, sadly, to end that.

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

It’s not that bad in any dungeon where people are going down a lot (I tend to run a lot of pugs for new players so I take all the ressing traits/skills)

It’s a 900 AOE and if you can judge the situation quickly you can start casting it before it’s too late.

The cast time is pretty crazy though, wish it was 3.5s instead of 4.25.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Grevender.9235

Grevender.9235

it’s probably the most useless utility we have

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Well…

My experience when using Glyph of Renewal:
1) Suppose there’s an ally downed, and you cast Glyph of Renewal ASAP. At the last moment, a danger looms, forcing you to move out of cast range. Glyph is casted, but since you’re out of range, FAIL.

2) Suppose that ally is downed again, you cast Glyph of Renewal ASAP. Then, an AoE looms, forcing you to dodge. FAIL

3) Suppose our incompetent ally is downed again (or the enemy is far too competent), you cast Glyph of Renewal ASAP. Your allies resurrected said ally faster than you can cast it (or they rallied). FAIL

4) Suppose our sad ally is downed again, you cast Glyph of Renewal ASAP, the enemy has already stomped him to death (or DPSed him). FAIL

Under ANY occasion, Glyph of Renewal is definitely not worth the slot. Actually, get Glyph of Storms instead and kill your foe so he can rally.

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

Well….

Those are certainly 4 occasions when it doesn’t work lol. Four is unequal to Any, although those 4 do pop up often enough to limit its usefullness. In any groups I have been in, I have never had a request to slot it. Often the rezzed players go right back down again lol.

glyph of renewal

in Elementalist

Posted by: PinCushion.7390

PinCushion.7390

I actually love this skill, and use it quite frequently in WvW. The range issue is based on attunement. Water and Earth are 900 radius. The Water attunement effect is currently bugged and does nothing other than rally the person, but if fixed it will be very impressive. The Earth attunement is also impressive, but the slow cast time makes it incredibly situational. Even so, the long cast time gives you a chance to start the cast and then swap to Air or Fire. Both of these have a 1200 range. Air teleports whoever you rez to you. This is very handy in WvW where people can get downed by arrowcarts but not be in immediate danger of getting stomped (but you still need to get them out of the red circles). Fire gives you a 15s buff that automatically rallies you if you get downed. This is the one use that I’d consider “nice,” but not amazing. It’s never saved me, but it’s a decent safety net if I don’t need the other attunement effects. If the Water attunement effect gets fixed then that will be my go-to for short-range rezzing.

And most of the time it rezzes people faster than it would if I tried to rally them with the F key. I’ve actually yanked several people out from under a stomp with the Air rez, since it pairs well with Air 3 on Staff (the knockback). I probably wouldn’t ever slot this without the Glyph CD reduction trait, but I use that anyway for my heal, glyph of storms, and my elite pet.