help me decide which spec play(ele)

in Elementalist

Posted by: sportman.7329

sportman.7329

i am trying figer out which of those specs is best for fractals and rooming pve cs

i use atm this spec -> https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Guide-Mastering-the-D-D-ele-12-20-12/page/10#post1397264

0/10/0/30/30 i run 6 pvt armor 4 runes of altusim and 2 runes of water
for 60% boon duration self buffed + food 80%
my jewerly is full cleric my daggers r from Ac exp pvt

now i saw this guide also ->

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Cosmic-elementalist-guide-PVE-WvW

and this guide also ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4yBHOtYteo
jetstorm guide
0/0/10/30/30
he use 6 runes of altusim 2 pvt armor 4 healing pth and pvt jewerly
basicaly he get 100 less healing power then me and 200 more hp and less crit update
but ppl says it good also in pve

so i try decide which of 3 use in pve;x or is there smth better for pve then those 3 ?
cuz i know for fractals high lvl u need alot survive

in Elementalist

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

I have 3 armor sets for my ele, the set I use mostly is just standard AC P/V/T gear, with CoF zerker weps and zerker jewelry. I also have a cheap MF set when I’m farming karma for better drops (non exotic, but it’s PvE, ya don’t really need it) and I have a full exotic set for my staff build for when I have to run staff in WvW (but I’m in a very organized WvW guild and our ele’s work as a team)

I run a 15/0/0/25/30 s/d might stacking build for FOTM (and really any dungeon for that matter). I have Runes of Monk and Water for boon duration and all my weps are from CoF.

If you’re roaming PvE then probably d/d with 0/15/0/25/30 (you don’t need the extra 5 in water for aurashare since you’re just solo roaming). Again runes of monk and water for boon duration. The only time I’m roaming PvE any more is either farming mats or karma in Orr, so swiftness is a must just to get from one place to the next.

The 0/10/0/30/30 d/d build is really a great learning build to get experienced with the class. If you don’t feel like you’ve mastered ele yet, then stick with it until you fully understand how this class works.

in Elementalist

Posted by: sportman.7329

sportman.7329

but in high level fractals you need good defense to survive;O top dmg in gw2 is pointless since bosses dont have enrage timers at all.

in Elementalist

SlimGenre.6417

but in high level fractals you need good defense to survive;O top dmg in gw2 is pointless since bosses dont have enrage timers at all.

Nothing about my post said “top dmg,” and even if it had, I’m a little offended by the word “pointless.” You asked for an opinion, and someone gave you one who clearly knows far more than you do about the class. The builds listed here are simple, cookie cutter beginner builds that are great at teaching you how to be an ele, and I’m appreciative for the guys to put the time into doing it, but I’ve been running the “DaPheonix build” since before it was ever posted on these forums because it was the first thing us ele’s figured out when we learned how to have our traits compliment each other a month or two after launch last year. I don’t know any ele that has been playing a long time that run any of the builds you mentioned above, but they’re all based on one simple principle… 25 or more in water, 30 in arcane… the other 15 go where YOU want them to go depending on what you want to do.

When I was a beginner I ran cantrips, I even put 10 in earth for the protection on cantrips… unnecessary when your skill at survival outweighs your need for the extra defense. Unless you just stand there and take a beating, then as you progress with your skill you wont need to spec heavily into toughness, vitality or healing power… but you will always keep some there. I said I wore P/V/T gear, can’t get much tankier than that. I run zerker jewelry and zerker weps because I’m skilled enough with the class to afford the extra dmg output.

If you’d rather someone just pick one from your list, then run DaPheonix’s build. If you’d like to be taught something, respond in a more polite manner than misunderstanding my post and basically calling it pointless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Baladir.2736

Baladir.2736

……. Unless you just stand there and take a beating, then as you progress with your skill you wont need to spec heavily into toughness, vitality or healing power… but you will always keep some there. …….

Omg lol. You said that outloud. Good for you. The GW2 world seems so tied up in p/t/v. Everywhere you look it’s p/t/v. Legendary weapon stats lol, p/t/v.

I run a high crit-high vitality build. I use the crits to generate high endurance regen for virtually bottomless dodges. High vitality ensures I can take big hits.

The point he is making OP, and I am trying to, is that there is more than one way to accomplish the same ends depending on how one likes to play.

in Elementalist

SlimGenre.6417

……. Unless you just stand there and take a beating, then as you progress with your skill you wont need to spec heavily into toughness, vitality or healing power… but you will always keep some there. …….

Omg lol. You said that outloud. Good for you. The GW2 world seems so tied up in p/t/v. Everywhere you look it’s p/t/v. Legendary weapon stats lol, p/t/v.

I run a high crit-high vitality build. I use the crits to generate high endurance regen for virtually bottomless dodges. High vitality ensures I can take big hits.

The point he is making OP, and I am trying to, is that there is more than one way to accomplish the same ends depending on how one likes to play.

I actually felt I was a little rude and rewrote my response, but yes, I did say that… sry

I’d actually be interested in your high vigor build, I’m looking for something to change it up a bit. I do run vigorous scepter which increases endurance regen, but I run a high vigor build on my shatter mesmer and love it, and I do so much dodging with ele anyway that I’m always looking for a way to enhance that.

A Prec/Vit/Crit Dmg gear set would be nice