help me understand no ele buffs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

I dont have an ele but I honestly dont get it. eles are not OP right now and they seriously need some major overhauling. Their CDs are twice as long as every other class including engis who can have the same amount of skills as an ele but engis are encouraged to swap back and forth where eles can only go in a straight line, forcing them to rotate each attack before swapping attunements severely limiting their ability to combine devastating combos. What gives? eles could be so boss and honestly id make one and probably plop every second of my time into it if it gave you the reward you deserved for the skill and training you put in.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LuRkEr.9462

LuRkEr.9462

So here is how Anet usually balances things. If your not a warrior (my little hatred to how powerful they have been since launch) and you were OP (our d/d was awesome for a while) then they will nerf you to the ground and rebuild you months later making you weak until they decide how they want to fix you.
Often times they do sort of a knee jerk reaction and over buff or over nerf classes which sometimes works in your favor and sometimes not. Most classes get their time to shine with the OP builds but eventually get that knee jerk reaction to below par. At the moment if your really skilled with ele you can do ok, average player on ele compared to other classes though is a joke.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

I was once great. Then nerfs upon nerfs sealed my fate. My pro-ness was all class OP-ness. Not finesse, but pure aggressiveness, dps-ness. Now I achieve less. Now good eles drop me like a novice, and average other classes roll me as the softest.

Epic, there is a way today to make you feel ele’s domination like back in the day, but you cannot feel it without giving your soul away in order to stay on top of the fray. How? I will let others say. It’s their play, their fun, their disarray. To me its … okay, but not my cup of tea.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You guys remember when warriors were kitten in PvP and eles were OP? That’s just how meta changes work. And that’s just sPvP, enjoy running a warrior in PvE or zerg WvW and being useless all the time.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

we took the metaphorical “arrow to the knee”

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

reroll necro and pwn everyone with autoattack + 1 utility.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: SmokinBuda.1398

SmokinBuda.1398

Eles do get a buff…a real de-buff..!
Will not freak out before I see the full patchnotes tomorrow but from what the livestream revealed it seems these Devs need to go and get some fresh air and rethink the archtypes and what they bring to a group.
Atm. Heavy Armor classes bring it all:survivability, killpower, healbuilds …tank,dps,healer.

Snowblind the Elementalist of Cantankerous

in Elementalist

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Lava Axe having a spammable blast finisher is a pretty huge buff by itself already.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ErazorZ.5209

ErazorZ.5209

I have never posted on the forums, but the so called ‘ele buff’ is none existant.
They did it, they nerfed earth 4, it used to be a great fighting tool since people could get crippled for a LONGER THEN 3 second timeframe, making melee classes needing to chase you when slowed when you are 1v1ing. and dpsing them, now its a wall of 3 seconds, no crippling effect just a stolen ability with a long recharge time 3 sec active time and pretty much 0 worthwhile conditions are added in, they dont even have to use stunbreakers anymore.

And im here now to start complaining, as a staff ele.

We get no damage increase only a small radius increase on geyser wich most people run away from regardless. Support ISNT needed ever, in this game. i am not going to guide pugs around dungeons no matter how OP you make support. its boring, lame, and totally negates ele in general.

And the only ‘cool’ buff takes 1,5 seconds and will only really be viable in a fresh air build wich i definatly wont run on a staff.

I only play my main ele, no other classes because i simply find them no fun. But this kitten stuff about melee doing massive damage having huge survivability and the easiest to play ASWELL just sickens me.

wooptiedoo we get to cast weapons, melee.. weapons.
on an ele, on an elementalist.
on a mage-like class.
we get melee weapons…

where is my elementalist from gw1?
where is my sick dps?
where is it?

if there are no other extra buffs tomorrow you guys just lost an elementalist player and with that a guildwars2 player in general, a player playing for over 7 years of guildwars franchise. hoping for staff being viable in spvp or anywhere other then WvW where you spam fire 5. Noone needs a support class in this game only the worst kind of people who really dont understand guildwars 2 combat to begin with.

thanks for wasting my time with a so called ‘high dmg/high risk’ class wich is a straight up lie now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Axelifus.3269

Axelifus.3269

wah.

Don’t forget to mail me your stuff.

in Elementalist

ErazorZ.5209

wah.

Don’t forget to mail me your stuff.

ill wait 6 months till next balance patch is out, after that you can have my stuff.
got all the mats ‘supposedly’ needed for ascended armor completely saved up so far.

in Elementalist

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If your not a warrior (my little hatred to how powerful they have been since launch)

Except, they were never powerful at launch.

People started to complain about warrior when healing signet got buffed.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The only thing that was ever powerful about the elementalist was the survivability when we went 100% into survival. They took away the mobility, stunbreaks, cleansing, healing, and some dps just for good measure while buffing everything that counters us. We could survive very well no longer.

All of the damage, cc, and variability that was powerful at one time was nerfed long ago. At this point, we are back to being a joke of class in competitive environments, and I suppose they like it that way.

in Elementalist

ErazorZ.5209

its the easy way out, Elementalist is the class for the hardcores, NOT for the general public because its too hard to use.

So how does one fix it? nerf it to death so cassuals who notice doing no dmg stop playing ele and cassuals who dont notice it, wont get harmed because its a fun class to play.

Aka, if you like TOWNSCLOTHES BRAWLS?! go for ele! Its useless meaningless fun, with no reall goal except to just have FUN

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

enjoy running a warrior in PvE or zerg WvW and being useless all the time.

lol what?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

You guys remember when warriors were kitten in PvP and eles were OP? That’s just how meta changes work. And that’s just sPvP, enjoy running a warrior in PvE or zerg WvW and being useless all the time.

The difference is, ele wasn’t OP because it was a combat powerhouse. It was OP because it could harass far point, hold out until it’s 4 stun breakers were gone and then RTL away, heal up and come back. Nobody had trouble forcing eles to run away, they just couldn’t kill them because they had too many escapes. This one little niche was OP because it basically forced 2 people to go back to their close point in order to kill the ele, leaving the rest of the map 4v3 while they did so. Then he just respawned and started the whole thing over again.

ANet responded by nerfing the ele’s ability to run away and their ability to stay and win the fight (which they already sucked at).

Warriors have been buffed to a point where they’re OP because they destroy everyone and don’t die.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

Uhh… warriors are fine in PvE and are pretty strong in WvW. Not sure I have a clue as to what you are talking about on this one Guanglai. stun warriors still do good dmg, have great condi cleansing and have over 3k armor and over 21k HP. I seriously fall asleep in WvW on my warrior vs on my ele.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abraxius.6429

Abraxius.6429

Not to be" That Guy" but thats the most mis-understood phrase on the internet lol. In the that universe it doesn’t mean that someone got an actual arrow to the knee but it actually means to get married. so it doesnt fit here lol again not be a jerk i just thought i would post the fun fact of the day XD

The Lawful Danyyle
(Reality is Unbalanced)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

Not to be" That Guy" but thats the most mis-understood phrase on the internet lol. In the that universe it doesn’t mean that someone got an actual arrow to the knee but it actually means to get married. so it doesnt fit here lol again not be a jerk i just thought i would post the fun fact of the day XD

metaphor-ception

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mek.2947

Mek.2947

That’s the biggest thing that makes this class a whipping board. Every other class has a meta that allows them crazy survivability and still able to dish out pain as opposed to eles who can I guess somewhat survive for a few add’l seconds and not put out any dmg in the process. I don’t know how you can survive without going 30 in arcane or water and using heavy vit/toughness gear. You can’t even go full toughness without vitality because you’ll end up with a WHOPPING 10k hit points. Most classes can easily dish out 8k + dmg within a matter of seconds even when you have 1600 + toughness.

Oh and can I just say…immobilize is ridiculous now. So glad I have my earth 3 ability on dagger that never lands so I can participate in the immobilize wars.

I really try to play this class because I do like the play style. But, after a few hot joins I just rage quit and start playing my Mesmer.