how do we have perm swiftness?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

I am new , so sorry , but read up and see folks state we have it, but not sure how?

With staff and air attunement, I see the swift for 10 sec and then our heal for another 10? Still leaves 20 sec without swiftness

in Elementalist

Posted by: KogarasuMaru.7036

KogarasuMaru.7036

Earth #2 then Air #5. Air #4.

in Elementalist

Lysico.4906

Ah so have to use dagger 5, staff 4 .. not seeing any earth with speed.

No weapon swapping, so man that sounds like a pain in the #$%^ to keep up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: KogarasuMaru.7036

KogarasuMaru.7036

Ah so have to use dagger 5, staff 4 .. not seeing any earth with speed.

No weapon swapping, so man that sounds like a pain in the #$%^ to keep up.

Staff #5 creates a combo field, in which blast finishers can give swiftness. Earth #2 makes a blast finisher, but takes time to activate. Therefore, earth #2 and then staff #5.
Switching weapons is a pain, but currently that is the best way to gain swiftness without putting your abilities on cd.

in Elementalist

Lysico.4906

Thank you for the feedback Kogaraus.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

There are LOTS of ways to get perma Swiftness.

Getting Quick Glyphs and Inscription will give you perma swiftness if you cast it each time its up.

Getting two monk runes and two water runes, 20% CD on air skills, 20 points in arcane and staff 4 will give you perma swiftness.

The best movement i’ve found is D/D or S/D for RtL + the Glyphs + Inscription.

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Staff with Air #4, Air #5 + Arcane Wave and the heal skill that gives boon based on attunement == 100% uptime as well.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Or you could just put 10 points in air, and get permanent 25% speed while in air attunement, with no work required. That’s only 8% lower then permanent swift.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mangoken.2850

Mangoken.2850

Use aura grants you fury and swiftness

in Elementalist

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Or you could just put 10 points in air, and get permanent 25% speed while in air attunement, with no work required. That’s only 8% lower then permanent swift.

And it takes only 50 seconds until you have the 25% speed boost, yeah.

Staff and the Arcane Power trait which gives you a boon whenever you switch attunements is the easiest way to get permanent Swiftness.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Macros.6120

Macros.6120

Rune of the Centaur

With no points in Arcana, using Glyph of Elemental Harmony in air attunement will give you 24 seconds of swiftness.

• Every 10 points in Arcana increases the duration by 2 seconds
  • Quick Glyphs will reduce the recharge of GoEH to 20 seconds
  • Elemental Attunement will add at least 6 seconds
  • Any other swiftness-causing skills will add to the duration

And it takes only 50 seconds until you have the 25% speed boost, yeah.

I believe it only takes 30 seconds, because you start with a 10% speed boost thanks to Zephyr’s Speed.

Beyond The Wall [Crow]
Gandara

in Elementalist

DesertRose.2031

I believe it only takes 30 seconds, because you start with a 10% speed boost thanks to Zephyr’s Speed.

Does it finally work like this? The last time I tested it it gave first 5%, then 10% which is less/equal than Zephyr’s Speed and thus ignored.

in Elementalist

Posted by: GankSinatra.2653

GankSinatra.2653

Switching to air gives swiftness, then you use the heal glyph with Inscription Trait.
With 30 arcane that gives like a 33 second swiftness on a 20 second cooldown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: orthonovum.8765

orthonovum.8765

You are all making this way more complex than it needs to be.. just attune to air when you want to go faster, then use the speed boost skill with a staff to stack with the speed traits and you will be angering your friends when you have already ran around and got 4 waypoints then came back to them on their way to the first one….

none of this switching, casting and glyph’ing required for 33% speed boost. but does require a staff..

If you want to run daggers then you can maintain speed easy as well, there are two speed skills you can time so when one wears off you pop the other and visa versa

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hell Nirvana.9045

Hell Nirvana.9045

I just use staff with Air #4, Glyph of Elemental Harmony, Air #5, Arcane Wave
All recharge so fast that i won’t have a problem even if i end up in a fight right after using them.

in Elementalist

DesertRose.2031

You are all making this way more complex than it needs to be.. just attune to air when you want to go faster, then use the speed boost skill with a staff to stack with the speed traits and you will be angering your friends when you have already ran around and got 4 waypoints then came back to them on their way to the first one….

Speed boosts don’t stack, only the highest one is active.
Staff Earth #2, Air #5, #4 isn’t hard to pull of once you get the hang of it and gives almost permanently Swiftness; to make it permanently you can either use Glyph of Elemental Harmony or [Elemental Attunement]. Using a major trait for a speed boost is a waist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: LikeReD.3208

LikeReD.3208

Windbourne speed – Elemental Harmony – Static Field + Arcane Wave or swap to other stance then change back to Air(it requires Elemental Attunement of Arcana trait) – Windbourne speed

in Elementalist

Posted by: Angry Helper.2915

Angry Helper.2915

20 points in Arcane if you use your #4 then #6. Then switch out of air, back to air when your CD on #6 is coming up. Then after you cast #4 again, switch out of air again. Wash rinse and repeat. No combo fields, no runes needed, just 20 points in arcane. I don’t use the CD redux in the air line, so this set-up can be used by anyone using arcane (the switching is important because of the boon on switch trait so you need that).