how much expect to dps from Bountiful boon?

in Elementalist

Posted by: santa.1640

santa.1640

usually there is might.

and fury if you have the trait or there is the banner.

and? i’m keep to thinking but the maximum of this trait is 2%.

it’s more when i go to world boss. but in the dungeon.

is it really good enough to consume my 5 trait points?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rage.2017

Rage.2017

With elemental attunement trait and constant attunement-switching you will get a constant bonus of 5-6% and if you have a good party, you will get 6-8% out of this trait.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shinenryu.6351

Shinenryu.6351

Actually it’s 1% per boon ._.
I don’t think it’s wise to spend your points trying to reach it. Pick it if you want 30 in Water Magic, but I would say you shouldn’t counting on it. But it’s only my thought.

#ELEtism

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

So it’s per boon category? If I had 15 stacks of might, that would give me +1% damage?

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Yes, boons per category.

As Rage said, expect 5-6 percent. Ele usually has might, swiftness, protection, fury, regeneration and vigor, although many eles can’t afford permanent uptime on each of those boons. At times it has stability, but don’t count on it. Other classes can give it retaliation.

This is just a ‘pick up as you go along’ minor trait. It was nerfed, as it was giving us double the amount. I wish they’d un-do that change.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Yeah. I wish they gave back the +2%.

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Yea I agree but all the other professions have 1% I would love it if they went back to 2% and moved it to 25 arcana.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Yea I agree but all the other professions have 1% I would love it if they went back to 2% and moved it to 25 arcana.

Actually move it to one of the DPS lines as there’s already good incentive to invest in Water and Arcana. Many players wouldn’t like that because they get this trait for free as they already spec deep into aracana and water.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

Actually move it to one of the DPS lines as there’s already good incentive to invest in Water and Arcana. Many players wouldn’t like that because they get this trait for free as they already spec deep into aracana and water.

Just going off of theme it fits in the boon line like guardians same trait is 25 in virtues. Another class has this trait but I cant remember.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

You guyz! Giving answers that are: 1) incorrect, and/or 2) lack a proper explanation is just not acceptable. Shame on y’all! I expected better from oZii and Mbelch in particular. It’s OK though – I’ll fix it for you.

Bountiful Power gives 1% dmg increase per boon category on you. That means that if I have Might (any number of stacks) and Fury, then my dmg (X) will be multiplied first by 1.01, then by 1.01 again ([ X * 1.01] * 1.01). This is how dmg modifiers stack: multiplicatively. This means that if I have 2 boons, each of which increases by dmg by 1%, by overall dmg will be increased by MORE than 2%.

The OP asked about dungeons in particular. In a dungeon, I guarantee you will have an average of between 4 and 5 boons, unless your team is the most horrible pug the world has ever seen. When I analyzed Bountiful Power in my guide (link’s in my sig), I assumed 5 boons, and the other theorycrafters on these forums agreed with that assumption.

So how much will Bountiful Power + 5 boons increase your dmg? You have to take all your other dmg modifiers into consideration, due to the multiplicative stacking. I’ll use the example of the 25/10/10/25/0 LH build (Build C in my guide), since it hasn’t got Earth 25 and I don’t want to quibble over endurance uptime.

The build without Bountiful Power (meaning just 25/10/10/20/0) has a cumulative dmg modifier of 2.9297 and an EP of 27973.39. The build with Bountiful Power (meaning 25/10/10/25/0) has a cumulative dmg modifier of 3.0791 and an EP of 29399.90. That means Bountiful Power is increasing your dmg modifiers by 0.1494 and your EP by 1426.51.

That 0.1494 is the number to look at if you’re just evaluating the effect of Bountiful Power, since that means it gives a 14.94% modifier due to self-stacking multiplicatively AND stacking with your other modifiers. So forget those rubbish “5-6% and 6-8%” numbers that Rage and Mbelch were giving; we’re talking almost 15% here! That is HUGE! Your EP with Bountiful Power is 5.1% higher than your EP without it; also HUGE!

(edited by Anierna.6918)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

Shame on us guyz, we were 0.1 percent off! :-D

Honestly, burying a person who knows so little about the game (check op) under calculations just to point out a 0.1 percent difference is not really helpful.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Anierna.6918

No, you were more than 0.1% off. Those guys were saying that Bountiful Power would increase your DMG MODIFIERS by “5-6%” and “6-8%,” and that’s just not true. In the particular build I used for my example, it will actually increase your dmg modifiers by 15%! It will increase your EP by 5.1%, but that’s not what the OP was asking, and it’s not what the OP or any of the replies prior to mine were referring to.

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

No, you were more than 0.1% off. Those guys were saying that Bountiful Power would increase your DMG MODIFIERS by “5-6%” and “6-8%,” and that’s just not true. In the particular build I used for my example, it will actually increase your dmg modifiers by 15%! It will increase your EP by 5.1%, but that’s not what the OP was asking, and it’s not what the OP or any of the replies prior to mine were referring to.

Noone spoke of increasing damage modifiers. People said it increases damage by 5-6 percent, which is the only relevant answer. These people were 0.1 percent off.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Anierna.6918

People did NOT say it increases “damage” by any amount. The word “damage” was never mentioned. Neither was the word “modifier” mentioned, but it was inferred. I’ll give examples of their inferences to it:

usually there is might.

So the OP believes that, because he’s assuming he’ll only have 2x boons, “the maximum of this trait is 2%.” The maximum what of this trait? The trait does NOT increase you OVERALL DMG directly; what it does is give you a dmg modifier, which in turn increases dmg. The OP was under the false assumption that these modifiers stacked additively (he assumed 2 boons = 2%). Furthermore, he assumed that just because the the tooltip says it increases “damage” by 1% per boon, that meant it directly increases overall dmg by that amount. It doesn’t.

With elemental attunement trait and constant attunement-switching you will get a constant bonus of 5-6% and if you have a good party, you will get 6-8% out of this trait.

Rage is giving a 5-6% number for solo and a 6-8% number for groups (presumably in dungeons). Even with a “good party,” you will never be able to average more than 6 boons (I used 5 for my calcs, but realistically it’s slightly lower), unless you’re using non-meta builds specifically geared towards maximizing the number of boons, which is noob. So that 8% number he’s giving is rubbish. 6 boons self-multiplies to a 6.15% modifier, and when factoring in the other modifiers, results in a 18% modifier. The actual DMG INCREASE is 6.1%. No way you’d achieve a modifier within the range he gave. Also no way you’d achieve 8% increase in total dmg from that trait.

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

People did NOT say it increases “damage” by any amount. The word “damage” was never mentioned. Neither was the word “modifier” mentioned, but it was inferred. I’ll give examples of their inferences to it:

usually there is might.

So the OP believes that, because he’s assuming he’ll only have 2x boons, “the maximum of this trait is 2%.” The maximum what of this trait? The trait does NOT increase you OVERALL DMG directly; what it does is give you a dmg modifier, which in turn increases dmg. The OP was under the false assumption that these modifiers stacked additively (he assumed 2 boons = 2%). Furthermore, he assumed that just because the the tooltip says it increases “damage” by 1% per boon, that meant it directly increases overall dmg by that amount. It doesn’t.

Indeed it doesnt, due to self-multiplication he might be 0.1 percent off.

Damage is directly proportional to effective power. A damage modifier DOES increase your damage by exactly the percentage it indicates. Due to self-multiplication in this case it’s a little harder to determine what that percentage is exactly, but by just adding you’ll be off by about 0.1 percent which is no big deal.

If anything, you shouting 15 percent extra modifier is what is misinforming in this thread, as a casual player will have 0 use for these numbers.

Rage is giving a 5-6% number for solo and a 6-8% number for groups (presumably in dungeons). Even with a “good party,” you will never be able to average more than 6 boons (I used 5 for my calcs, but realistically it’s slightly lower), unless you’re using non-meta builds specifically geared towards maximizing the number of boons, which is noob. So that 8% number he’s giving is rubbish. 6 boons self-multiplies to a 6.15% modifier, and when factoring in the other modifiers, results in a 18% modifier. The actual DMG INCREASE is 6.1%. No way you’d achieve a modifier within the range he gave. Also no way you’d achieve 8% increase in total dmg from that trait.

So he said 6-8 percent, whereas its 6.15 percent. Not a big deal. The 18 percent is again a pointless statistic, since the actual difference in modifier is entirely dependent on what build you use.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

So he said 6-8 percent, whereas its 6.15 percent. Not a big deal. The 18 percent is again a pointless statistic, since the actual difference in modifier is entirely dependent on what build you use.

Yet, there are always people (including me) who wonder ‘why my Meteor Shower only crits for 4K, not 10K like a certain person in a certain stream?’. Tbh, I’m glad I have read this topic and learn this information from Anierna.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rage.2017

Rage.2017

Where did I say, that the dmg modifiers would be increased by 5-6%? I said, that you will get a bonus of 5-6% and of course I meant bonus-dmg, because the trait says: Deal more damage for each boon on you. There is no word about dmg modifiers. I dont need to do your math to play a game and to understand what this trait means. And it simply means 1% per boon, so yes if I have 5 boons on me, I will deal 5% more dmg, maybe 5.1% or whatever, but not more and not less.

Only your numbers are rubish in this thread, not mine. You can tell me much about dmg modifiers and stuff, but the increased dmg will still be 5-6% and not 15-18% and that fact makes your math and your numbers pretty useless, because all I need to know and all the OP needs to know is the dmg increase and it is 5-6%. And it’s pretty easy to get 8 boons on you in a good paty, but maybe not in pve, but for sure in WvW where you will for sure see 25/30 points in water more often than in pve…