how to fight warriors

how to fight warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: Juken.5391

Juken.5391

Discuss?

My problem is I do no dmg. Stance warriors seem incredibly annoying to me.

Wvw and Pvp just wanna see if it’s something I need to do or I just got shrekt by gear (which I doubt)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYlcMozhNOwyB8rNQHQRO/ngPYUAUOHahZA-T1SHABpt/QdKBXUlA+UDwQVI+QVlCOBANp8DMtAwpDAgHAAA-w

this is what I am running atm. probably gonna replace my boots/gloves with cav and my shoulders with celestial. I’m not gonna run food/utility if I’m just guarding my borderland. Rune wise is gonna have to stay too since it’s just too convenient for me.

The focus here is how to fight em btw :P

hammers, axes, sword warriors.

how to fight warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Your power is very low and healing power is too high imo. I would replace the celestial parts. Change traits as poster above said. Standard d/d ele is 0 2 0 6 6, but if you like experimenting and learn things step by step then your choice. Trait I in water to III and X to IX possibly, since your cantrips will give you even more boons and the regen will work with grandmaster trait and remove condi if needed. Mist form is kinda meh – you use it ok, you don’t take dmg but you also don’t do dmg while the warrior is constantly regenerating. I would take something else instead, Arcane Shield, Armor of Earth, Signet of Air, any of these. Mist form is ok for zerging where you can expect a big area of dmg you need to pass through and similiar scenarios.

Warrior doesn’t do that much dmg constantly. Usually it takes a while to get their burst skill ready. You need to make sure to dodge the big hits like eviscerate or knockdowns on hammer, all depends on the build of warrior. Eviscerate (axe) will try to stun you with shield usually to make sure his F1 lands. Hammer usually have trait +20% dmg to knocked down, so avoid getting knocked down. Kite around or drop some cc skill while he uses stance (except when it’s stability + stances – then only kite or just increase the distance, pretend you run or w/e). It takes some practice, but with time you will see which skills are necessary to dodge and which you can take on. The animations tell which is which. When you get the experience you it will allow you to use more offensive gear as well…

You can use cheaper versions of foods from 60 lvl or even lower if you want to save money that much, but it always helps a bit.

how to fight warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Discuss?

Wvw and Pvp just wanna see if it’s something I need to do or I just got shrekt by gear (which I doubt)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYlcMozhNOwyB8rNQHQRO/ngPYUAUOHahZA-T1SHABpt/QdKBXUlA+UDwQVI+QVlCOBANp8DMtAwpDAgHAAA-w

this is what I am running atm. probably gonna replace my boots/gloves with cav and my shoulders with celestial. I’m not gonna run food/utility if I’m just guarding my borderland. Rune wise is gonna have to stay too since it’s just too convenient for me.

Simply put, your base power is way too low. As for fighting them what weapon are you using?

EDIT sorry for my dumb question about what weapon you use…
As others have said, your best bet will be an attrition war you should win if you play your cards well.

(edited by Sirbeaumerdier.3740)

how to fight warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

If the warrior doesn’t use much condi then why not using Blinding Ash? It helps in your attrition. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYlcMozh9MwuB8rNgAgFOAUBKijCClfDjh0AA-T1SHABpt/QdKBXUlA+UDwQVI+QVlCOBANp8DMtAwpDAgHAApAKSYF-w

As far as I know, stance warrior doesn’t have many condi cleanse. If they use berserker stance, play defensively and keep up your aura for protection. After berserker stance wears out, keep applying burn to them. The burn, blind and poison should wreck their burst rotation enough to force them disengage. If they play aggressively then you need to keep up with blind and weakness and avoid their burst. You should win the attrition fight eventually. In sPvP, there will be a high chance that the warrior will use long bow and Cleansing Ire. Save your CC for that F1 long bow skill and stick close to their back so that most of their projectile can’t be used. When they swap to melee weapons, keep your distance at 400 range.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

how to fight warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730

Discuss?

There’s a few layers to the fight: 1) The fight, 2) React to their stances. This is generally hard for your build to do since you’re half zerk while using a sustain build and instead you’re at the mercy of when they decide to pressure you. You are also lacking a few tools to help you out-survive the stance pressure.

Your build could use a little clean up. Cleansing Wave (condi cleanse on Water swap) has always kinda disappointed me and this is why: When you switch into Water, that’s your 1 condi cleanse (2 cleansed) and after 5 THATS IT – you’re absolutely done! If someone condi’s you after you switch into water you’re pretty screwed which basically locks your Cleansing Fire into anti-bombing your water.

Instead, (ab)use Cleansing Water: Soothing Disruption gives your Cantrips the flexibility to give you condi cleanse whenever! Cleansing Water = Mo Regens = Mo Better, also, Vigor uptime is pretty sweet with (ab)using Evasive Arcana and general survivability!!!!

Cantrip Mastery! As you become more familiar with the BLs you won’t need fall damage traits as much.

Since you’re sticking with Trav runes, you’ll have to accept that you won’t have as much Might to boost the power scaling and condi pressure. (Fire2 is an incredible amount of medium-range pressure!)
!!! Also, there’s a trick I have that you might be interested in as a D/D Ele: Open inventory, switch to Staff, 4, lay down Static, switch to 1 dagger, water attune, hit 3 as you run over (it won’t stop you from moving) to blast it, equip 2nd dagger, go back to Air asap. 30ish seconds of Swiftness Since you fight D/D you don’t need your Static for combat xD Very high swiftness uptime outside of combat!!

- Run stats to help you put pressure and force stances, then play around the stances. They have long cooldowns so you can survive them then they’re left with very little.
-Armor of Earth for hammer play and axe/shield play.
-Soothing Disruption for Evasive Arcana and on-demand anti-condi pressure.
-I would honestly drop Mist Form for Armor of Earth. I generally roam with Lightning Flash, AoE, Cleansing Fire.
-Learn your Earth attunement lock-ups. This tremendously increased the effectiveness of my fighting with D/D and I suggest every D/D Ele PvPing to know how to do this!
-Learning how to flow your attunements and how to (ab)use Evasive Arcana are the differences between bad Eles and godly Eles. Without seeing a video of your play this point is hard to give too much advice on.

Kinda offtopic: Zerky Roaming Warriors can run a bunch of different stuff but they tend to have 1 big thing in common: They have more “stuff you have to dodge than dodges or Zerks just die” and you tend to not have an incredible amount of stuff to survive Zerky War roamers.

02066/00266 Cele easily out sustains Stance Warrior builds. Play to your strengths.

Here’s my current roaming set up:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYhcM6cW4wxBf0AdAB5xqvRBlzbnB-TFSHABcs/QdKBXU1H+UDogHAQTK/gQPAAnAAA-w

Hope this helps a bit! If you need someone to practice 1v1 with contact me in game.

(edited by OMGimAnoobLOLOL.4730)

how to fight warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: ruri.6823

ruri.6823

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAoYhcMqb25wxBd0AiAB5ukqRBlfHTB-T1CEABWpELO9AJqexWKBlSpgEnQAtUW0mGiGVRBgHEQM7PIGgiA-w
If you have 25 BL stacks, full guard offensive and defensive stats.
use this build for wvw. Very sustainable in 1v3 fights but you might die if a fourth jumps you. (Posted from Min Min but had to use friends acct since away).

In theory you should never lose 1v1 but the rest is skill base abilty.

how to fight warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Replace mist form with armor of earth. You just deleted the pressure from hammer warriors.
Sword warrior has 0 pressure, I simply can’t see how they are a problem to you. I honestly can’t even imagine a warrior autoattacking you with sword in wvw. I know you said wvw/pvp but it’s obvious you don’t actually pvp at all.
Axe warriors are kiteable since you have more mobility. Don’t eat eviscerate obviously.

Generally warriors with stances you just gotta kite the berserker stance while doing direct damage pressure(air) and the endure pain while doing conditions(fire and a bit of earth).

In wvw most warriors don’t have a bow so after their berseker stance runs out they can’t remove any condition.

Also most wvwers are terribly horribly bad so just go 12345 and they will die anyway.

how to fight warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I can add that as a gs hammer stance warr i tend to remove endure pain stance for bulls charge vs good eles (with named wep set) as they have the kiting skills intact. As others have stated u need to be super aware when warr has hammer up, if u eat the stuns u also grant him condi removal followed up with burst from greatsword. Use ur utilities to counter his stuns and dont give him that uptime

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

how to fight warriors

in Elementalist

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

without reading the rest of the posts, so maybe it has already been said, i can give you my roaming build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFEQJAodhcMqb24wvBf0AEAGxqQRIcAICEELuG+CA-TFSHABppFoOlgLq+zH7P0kyvAOBAA8AAQTHQAAEgZWmBwRP6RP6RPaz8ozcmHdmBA-w

switch out condi damage to pure DPS, if you want. i like to have the extra pressure from the burns, since you have only one big burst, but it’s not necessary. +7% extra damage makes a lot of ouchies on burning speed

but in general: focus counters warriors. ranged chill and ranged knockdown allows you to pin them down, your condi cleanse is unmatched and you can even fight multiple pewpew rangers, well, basically everything that has ranged weapons, without troubles. engis melt like butter, the blind negates mesmer and thief burst, the condis kills zerkers. basically the only thing that can and will happen, is that a s/w,GS warrior will just run away. he cannot win and he knows it. killshot warriors die to their own rifle skills, every f1 wonder build is countered by blinds as well....

the only thing that CAN take you down in a 1v1 is a very well played mediguard. it’s an even match, since you give up a lot of sustain which is usually the hardcounter to this build.

2v1 are doable, although mixed condi-DPS spike teams tend to have the upper hand due to poison spam from teef/ranger/engis.

i haven’t tested it against condi DF signet ele with scavenging rune, tho. might be a hardcounter, but i seriously doubt it.

AyaĆ­lla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]