how you guys feelin in wvw with ele?

in Elementalist

Posted by: exaltech.1304

exaltech.1304

hi guys, i am wanting to start this game again, and roll a new character (my guardian was 80 but its not that much of fun, he seems so….. dull. has no mobility or tricky/cool abilities) and now i am thinkin to roll a elemental (or necro… or engi… kitten , maybe ranger :‘( ) and i will mostly do wvw thingies. so how is elementalist in wvw? in zerg/team-up stuations, in 3-4 man team thingies and also some solo duel things.
also please do pardon my english :’)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

Well I rarely ever die, I love my elem. it comes die. To how good are you, and are you willing to practice?

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: exaltech.1304

exaltech.1304

i do willing to practice, the other problem i have is, i also love melee fights in this game, i am havin doubts if i would bored too soon with ele’s ranged abilities.

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Go D/D. I think staff is boring anyways.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Ele is awesome to play. Its going to take at least 1000 hours of play to get good. You can do a little bit of everything and people find ele most fun to watch.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lemoncurry.2345

Lemoncurry.2345

Ele in Wvw:

• Zergscale (20+)
    A well played staff-elementalist is a very valuable asset here. You are the main waterfield-producer for the melees (staff 3 and 5), you have CC and you can rain havoc on the enemy with Meteor Shower. Because of that, every larger organized guild-group runs with one or more staff elementalists. Gameplay is not something for everyone though…
  • Midscale (10 – 20)
    Staff is still valuable here, but you can also go D/D and jump into the fray. An elementalist can give out sizeable amount of boons & buffs to his teammates, this can be further improved if you spec for aurasharing.
  • Smallscale (2-10)
    D/D (support-build as in midscale) or S/D / S/F (for burst damage) are probably your best options here. Imho the Elementalist is quite underrated as an asset in this size-class.
  • Solo-roaming
    The only tier where the ele is subpar. Due to the RTL-nerfs you lack the mobility necessary as a roamer (FGS can help a bit here) and you don’t have access to other defense mechanisms like invisibility when the drek hits the fan. Furthermore ele is not exactly the best 1:1 class in the game currently (most ppl. prefer S/D or S/F in duels but as always – ymmv).

All in all I’d say that for WvW the elementalist is in a ok spot – certainly tons better than in SPvP/TPvP. You need a little dedication to play one though and it still can be pretty frustrating at times. Having said that, I love my elementalist in WvW and seldom log on with a twink.

Red Illie
Mondsucht [MS] – Kodash

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Mbelch, what spec do you run out of interest, some thieves just tear me apart tbh.

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

He runs 0 10 0 30 30 I wont discuss his stats out of respect for him

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

The Ele excels in all wvw scenarios solo roam, small goup, dueling, guild vs guild, zerg you name it. A lot depends on how well you do with the build you copied, created or improved on. Only when it comes down to going against good players then other variables take place. It takes a lot of time playing with the ele to become even decent. My advise as always is to start with a very defensive build and gear like the popular build 0/10/0/30/30 and with time experiment with more offensive builds, weapon sets and gears. Don’t get stuck with just one build.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Thanks FC. I change my build up frequently. But I always have evasive arcana. That’s a safe bet on my traits if I’ve got a tough fight upcoming.

I run a bursty D/D spec. It all comes down to skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

Well since you say bursty you’re probably running 100 percent crit damage, 40 percent crit chance, power 2800-2900, armour 2700, health 15-16k?

I was looking for a more group friendly build tbh, ‘Takecares’ seems better, i’m finding in team fights immobilise/extended chill or fear is a nightmare if you’re focused. I just can’t find the balance between a 1v1 build and a team build.

(edited by phaeris.7604)

in Elementalist

Posted by: dominoeffect.4216

dominoeffect.4216

Well since you say bursty you’re probably running 100 percent crit damage, 40 percent crit chance, power 2800-2900, armour 2700, health 15-16k?

I was looking for a more group friendly build tbh, ‘Takecares’ seems better, i’m finding in team fights immobilise/extended chill or fear is a nightmare if you’re focused. I just can’t find the balance between a 1v1 build and a team build.

Are those stats considered “bursty”? I’m not sure if those stats are even possible, though correct me if I’m wrong. That spread is very ideal.

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

0 20 0 20 30 now he is bursty

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Yes 0 20 0 20 30 is the pew pew build for dd ele and you don’t feel to kitten soft. I suggest Hybrid accessories like ascended berserker amulet and a ring and the rest can be cavalier. Ascended jewelry are much cheaper then armors and have way more status. Also I heard rumors that Anet might allow us to craft them soon
For armor chest and pants I kept Celestial while the rest PVT. You can Divine, Eagle Scholar, Traveler what ever you like I use double Bloodlust Beserker Daggers to build stacks on little critters. Then swap to Ascended (Battle sigil)Cavalier main hand and a celestial off hand daggers (Superior Accuracy). I kept a Focus off hand to roll around inv in the big fights and to reflect conditions, when at times LF is not possible to CE the mob if we lack people. And staffing when detouring a zerg when hiding in an unreachable choke point.
I suggest having fun while you are win or getting overwhelmed just laugh it off. Hug your cute ele

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: LightningBlaze.4913

LightningBlaze.4913

Mbelch is not bursty. He just deals consistent good dps with dagger. It can be debated to be better than being bursty with cds in between burst. Both damage dealer type have its advantages and disadvantages against other professions and builds. Never expect a single build to be able to defeat all the builds/professions in the game. That doesn’t exist in guild wars2.

Heidia- The elementalist is the #1 most OP profession in this game since beta!

(edited by LightningBlaze.4913)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rovus.5428

Rovus.5428

For zergs:
Just summon your GS, swirl into them, turn around and Fiery Rush, double roll and pop on mist form and you’re good to go. Though, I recommend some bulky stats for this to not be a complete suicide.
Or if you don’t like the daredevil style gameplay, use a staff for CC on enemy, then Meteor shower, then heal. Can be used in conjunction with Tornado for double damage on lingering skills, such as Meteor Shower,

Anything else, just go d/d. Scepter is too single-fight oriented, slow and requires a perfect execution in order to burst, which it does a pretty good job at. Focus doesn’t have the damage you want or need. D/d has alot of AoE useful for group clash and 1on1.

Diamond skin is good to negate alot of the initial AoE damage, thanks to the rise of condition meta, but always (always) have a foot within Arcana/Water. My current build use 0/0/30/20/20, with PVT gear mixed with zerk trinkets.

“Subtus pennas meas, pinnas meas interitum”

Alatum Interitum

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

There are many builds a DD ele can’t even touch against warrriors, mesmer, nercos, engis, theif, and even a ranger. Please don’t lost to a guardian in a fair 1v1 in wvw.

in Elementalist

FrownyClown.8402

Guardians are hardcore

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Mbelch.9028

Technically I’m not “Bursty” by thief standards. But every hit I do is at least 1.5k dmg and I hit a 6k hit every 10 seconds.

I heal the group well, and with 75% boon duration my protection, regen and swiftness are appreciated.

I don’t recommend support ele. Not very engaging. But back line sniping can be.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ShadowNinja.1238

ShadowNinja.1238

There are many builds a DD ele can’t even touch against warrriors, mesmer, nercos, engis, theif, and even a ranger. Please don’t lost to a guardian in a fair 1v1 in wvw.

Lol elementalist should always beat guardian in a fair 1v1.

in Elementalist

Waisenpai.6028

Yeah class I normally defeat with no hesitation are guardians, rangers, and eles.
If I get the drop first thieves, necros, engis, mesmers.

Warriors are more based on build (Armor weapons, wvw stacks, food/oil, guild and world buffs) less than skill. If my fire grab that hits for 8k-11k hits only like 2-3k on a warrior with 26k hp and his regular attacks hit me for 3-4k > I’m dead with 15khp even with stacks. Yeah I have around 1.77 to 1.9k tough depending on armor set or sigil, while still maintain around 39% to 45% and crit damage at 96 before fury on attunement or food. Go ele T_T !

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Ele is awesome to play. Its going to take at least 1000 hours of play to get good. You can do a little bit of everything and people find ele most fun to watch.

No kidding. I have 1400 hours on mine.

When I try to pvp on a different class it gets complicated. I can hardly remember but it must’ve been pretty kitten tough to fully learn all 20 skills for every weapon set as an Ele.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeckerDontPlay.1639

DeckerDontPlay.1639

Ele gets me hard. Rock hard.

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

Staff Ele is my absolute favorite in WvW for all roles except solo roaming. Solo roaming on staff is very difficult — although there are players who will win 1-v-1 with staff (I’m not one of those players, and it’s not easy regardless).

Staff ele can do a lot with a team (from 3 players up to 50+). I like to slot Arcane Brilliance and Arcane Wave along with Earth Armor and Mist Form. Having two blasts that you can trigger on your own is amazing with Staff. Staff Earth #2 is another blast source (although not quite on-demand). I don’t take evasive arcana, but that could provide yet one more blast.

The AoE capabilities of staff are epic. The CC is amazing. The support in the form of healing and blasting-fields is probably the best in the game.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”