is the old D/D bunk build still good?

in Elementalist

Posted by: nvmvoidrays.2158

nvmvoidrays.2158

see topic.

i loved this build back when i played regularly, about nine or ten months ago, because i love the aggressive style and my personal play-style focuses less on burst and more on having enough sustain to live through almost anything. i love the bruiser/tanky-esque styles and the 0/10/0/30/30 D/D bunker build of yore let me do that.

is this build still effective now-a-days? i haven’t been keeping up with the patch notes, so, i dunno if they’ve dismantled it completely or not.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

It is although, depends for solo or group roam.. Whilst solo-roaming, u will notice it will be hard (to impossible) killing one but also depends what gear you’re wearing..

EDIT: WvW/PvE/PvP?

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fella Feller.4936

Fella Feller.4936

No.

At least, it’s poor in sPvP, might just get away with d/d, the staff version is almost totaly useless.

Might still work in WvW with d/d and the higher gear stats, though I doubt it.

The Tally family of Desolation-
Victor(Ranger), Astral(Ele), Martial(Warrior), Erroneous(Mes), Ticker(Engi), Ravin(Thief)
with special guests Hematophagia(Necro) and Grace Burns(Guardian)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xunleashed.5271

Xunleashed.5271

Still good for wvw roaming. As long as u balance ur stats to not be fully bunker (have some damage)

Xunleashed [BT] – Elementalist
WvW Videos Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/XunleashedGW2

(edited by Xunleashed.5271)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Honestly this and 0-0-10-30-30 (for full bunkers) is still that gets the most out of ele, so yes, it’s still viable.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Basedgod.7328

Basedgod.7328

While it’s not as strong as it used to be due to nerfs on traits and cantrips, It’s still very much viable and enjoyable to use. The biggest difference between now and then though is that most enemy players know how the cantrip ele works and operates, as well as the nerfed mobility that they now have.

I think you’d find most D/D specs have branched into different trait combinations and specced themselves to output alot of crit damage and precision. I personally use 0/10/10/20/30 with stone splinters atm.

Funniest Ele NA
[coVn] Witches I Chaotic Good
Fort Aspenwood

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Been using it for 1 year now. Havent changed it since nothing else really works in WvW roaming and grps

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: nvmvoidrays.2158

nvmvoidrays.2158

Been using it for 1 year now. Havent changed it since nothing else really works in WvW roaming and grps

what gear type do you use?

back in december, PVT gear + accessories were pretty much king.

i can buy the entire PVT orr armor, currently, and i’m working toward getting enough for an ascended amulet (likely gonna buy a celestial statted one) and i have cleric daggers, simply because they were the cheapest exotics i could afford when i hit 80. aren’t soldier weapons only available through dungeons or WvW, iirc?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

I can’t recall times when PVT gear was actually king. What high health gives you if you can’t heal it up?

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vespirisa.1497

Vespirisa.1497

For me, the answer is NO. I personally run a Zerk/Arcane build focusing on burst more than sustain and bunkering. Bunker builds just does.. Not enough damage.

IoJ→KN→DB→SoR→CD→SoR→TC → SBI
Scrub D/D Ele. What’s server loyalty?