lf [wvw] d/d frontline build

in Elementalist

Posted by: dewitjes.4309

dewitjes.4309

Anyone optimized gear and traits post patch?
I’m relatively new to ele so any help would be great

in Elementalist

Posted by: Thor Rising.7850

Thor Rising.7850

I don’t think it changed much, just pvt or knights armor with zerker, knights, or celestial trinkets. Mainly depends on the size of the conflict you are planning on fighting in. For huge group you want to be tankier, small group you can afford to bring more damage.

Traits and utilities are preference based, but I recommend always bringing mist form for escape, and armor of earth for stability.

Traits are mainly defensive and arcana based. 10 or 20 in earth, 20 or 30 in water, and 20 or 30 in arcana. Any mixture of those is strong. Go more water for additional condition cleansing, 30 arcana for evasive arcana.

I would recommend trying a few different builds to see what you prefer, just try to stick to defensive traits unless you can survive with ease. Good luck and have fun

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

0-10-0-30-30 with aura share is still good for zerg fights

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYnEE1ZYzBWGwjYAg8wFTKRU4hyjcmxGA-jEDB4fAYggkIgUBA5mKrZnCilhRrqJIlXhVbDT7SQWFLpSBUuyI-w

toughness is overrated

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

in Elementalist

Posted by: Muppet.6485

Muppet.6485

the toughness/vit on that is actually much too low for serious frontlining :\

that’s not bad for a gvg build since you’ll be sniping backline not running with the heavy train, but still a little squish for zerg/organized raid work

Muppet~
[Ark]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

This is my current build. You could change the back piece to either celestial or cavaliers. That works pretty well you can change armor and trinkets around but my recommendations is stay above 2600 armor and under 500 healing power (after 500 the ratio drop for every profession a lot). Another trait set up with this would be 0/10/10/20/30.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbwR5wjDAEFuYyQRIjUekzM2A-jUCBojBkEBkIAI7sIaslhRr6KhlXBVVjIqWZDTGgytA-w

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azunai.5974

Azunai.5974

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhEmmbyR4wjEAEFucyoQHiCPUekzM2A-jEDBYfIYjBkgAksAhEBI5rIaslhht6KalXBRbDTFjIq2auIa1SBIoyI-w

The BEST d/d build ever made, period.

This build offers massive survivability and damage all in one package, which is perfect for small group play and to an extent zergs. By constantly blasting off ring of fire with earth dodge, 4, and 5, you can stack ludicrous amounts of might. By playing intelligently, you would be an ele with permanent uptime on all boons except protection (this still has pretty long uptime) and stability, giving you 4k power and 1.2k condition damage to go with your survivability.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhImmbyR3wjDAEFucyQRIbUekzM2A-jkCBYfI4hBkaAksAhCBIJtIaslRFRjVNjIqWnEzkrIa1SBwkyI-w

This build is when you want to simply not die and nothing else. Guaranteed to make you immortal, especially in small group fights where your high survivability, resistance to conditions, and extreme healing makes you a tank to make guardians look bad. Only one issue is lack of damage but, hey, the trade off for immortality is still nice.

Resident deaf elementalist – Tarnished Coast
Everyone needs a little optimism!

(edited by Azunai.5974)

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

This is my current build. You could change the back piece to either celestial or cavaliers. That works pretty well you can change armor and trinkets around but my recommendations is stay above 2600 armor and under 500 healing power (after 500 the ratio drop for every profession a lot). Another trait set up with this would be 0/10/10/20/30.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmmbwR5wjDAEFuYyQRIjUekzM2A-jUCBojBkEBkIAI7sIaslhRr6KhlXBVVjIqWZDTGgytA-w

This build is horrible. Low power, average armor, low health and crit damage.

Whenever you want to use celestial stuff, keep them on your armor and weapons as they have far better stat return than celestial trinkets.

A better way than stacking condition removal is to simply make yourself extremely resistant to conditions. Geomancer’s freedom, runes of melandru, and lemongrass food gives you 98% duration reduction against the pesky kinds like immobilize, cripple, and chill. The rest don’t matter much since you’d have adequate health and you SHOULD be making whoever is putting DoT’s on you suffer.

I do not recommend valks and knights due to their low stat return and simply doesn’t really fit with other stats.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Whenever you want to use celestial stuff, keep them on your armor and weapons as they have far better stat return than celestial trinkets.

A better way than stacking condition removal is to simply make yourself extremely resistant to conditions. Geomancer’s freedom, runes of melandru, and lemongrass food gives you 98% duration reduction against the pesky kinds like immobilize, cripple, and chill. The rest don’t matter much since you’d have adequate health and you SHOULD be making whoever is putting DoT’s on you suffer.

I do not recommend valks and knights due to their low stat return and simply doesn’t really fit with other stats.

Come on dude no one likes a forum warrior on his high horse.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

Come on dude no one likes a forum warrior on his high horse.

I’m sorry for being blunt and then following up on a full length explanation on my thoughts and on how to improve the build.

Because honesty and productive criticism invalidates a post, am I right? Oh wait, was I just supposed to cry about ele’s being weak? Sorry, not my thing.

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhEmmbyR4wjEAEFucyoQHiCPUekzM2A-jEDBYfIYjBkgAksAhEBI5rIaslhht6KalXBRbDTFjIq2auIa1SBIoyI-w

This build offers massive survivability and damage all in one package, which is perfect for small group play and to an extent zergs. By constantly blasting off ring of fire with earth dodge, 4, and 5, you can stack ludicrous amounts of might. By playing intelligently, you would be an ele with permanent uptime on all boons except protection (this still has pretty long uptime) and stability, giving you 4k power and 1.2k condition damage to go with your survivability.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEEQJAoYhImmbyR3wjDAEFucyQRIbUekzM2A-jkCBYfI4hBkaAksAhCBIJtIaslRFRjVNjIqWnEzkrIa1SBwkyI-w

This build is when you want to simply not die and nothing else. Guaranteed to make you immortal, especially in small group fights where your high survivability, resistance to conditions, and extreme healing makes you a tank to make guardians look bad. Only one issue is lack of damage but, hey, the trade off for immortality is still nice.

you need moar zerker!!!!

and lol zerker / knights / valks does way more dmg than your celestial setup

(edited by Fishbones.6914)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lotus.9746

Lotus.9746

you need moar zerker!!!!

Dont lie deeez, celestial is the best.

[Ego] Sylvari Ele
Winter

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

celestial is bestial … i just dont get how valks knights has low stat returns

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

you need moar zerker!!!!

That’s the trade off for more survivability. Subbing in zerk amulet and two other trinkets give more crit rate (30%, 50% max with fury) but I’m fine with 40% max because I crit plenty of times and have tougher armor.

There’s also going full zerk trinkets but my philosophy is this: a dead ele deals no damage. That, and with my build, maintaining +20 stacks of might is easy enough, giving you BOTH the damage AND the survivability. Win-win.

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

celestial is bestial … i just dont get how valks knights has low stat returns

Only average health and armor increase. Doesn’t have any increase in condition damage and healing power. Lowish crit damage and rate.

Bad armor combinations aren’t my cup of tea.

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

power gear does more damage… celestial allows for more mistakes. dunno how you could say power is bad though…. glass is class

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

power gear does more damage… celestial allows for more mistakes. dunno how you could say power is bad though…. glass is class

Right, because it’s totaly possible to go for extended lengths in an intense duel or group fight without getting hit.

Plus, being more tanky allows you to stack boons longer and do more damage in the end. (3k power, anyone?) Hell, it’s not as if you hit like a wet noodle right off the bat. Starting off with 2k power, +85% crit damage, and 40% crit rate to go with condition damage is definitely not bad. It’s when the fight goes on as the build allows you to stack more and more boons (this isn’t even my final form) that you become a straight up force of nature.

Anymore questions?

(edited by Azunai.5974)

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Read “Tarnished Coast” and stopped reading.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

Read “Tarnished Coast” and stopped reading.

;) Best server.

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

Ah, always fun to discuss things rationally with other elementalists in this forum.

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

used in wvw and spvp (ogre runes in spvp)
0/0/20/20/30 pvt/celestial:melandru
bloodlust (force in spvp)/ hydromancy (you need to swap right beside your target to get the most use of this sigil)
ether renewal
triple cantrip
-40 condi food/power stone
fgs to pressure warriors running away

not that great for solo due to lack of sprint and prec.

Attachments:

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Posted by: Graendall.4765

Graendall.4765

you need moar zerker!!!!

I see everyone saying zerker/knights/valks combo is better.
Please i beg of you..write down the gear combination of these armors so we can all finaly see the superior dmg.

Zancrow The Red-Elementalist of [ObV]Oblivion-Hardcore WvW guild
http://oblivion-guild.shivtr.com/
Server-Piken Square

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

There is no optimal because we are talking about essentially pvp so there are alot of factors. If your goal is frontliner and your new to ele full pvt with zerk trinkets is a good place to start. Boon duration runes as you get more comfortable playing ele then you can start to trim your hp down.

Azunai’s build is back loaded damage nothing wrong with that at all. Boon duration builds work well on ele. Even in his celestial gear. Just remember boon duration builds require a wind up to get rolling for great damage. Meaning you build up might stacks. Where as not running boon duration you have better front loaded damage and wont suffer a large dps loss if your might stacks are stripped.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Fishbones.6914

well seems every1 is celest fan! fine, i give up! celest is best

in Elementalist

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

well seems every1 is celest fan! fine, i give up! celest is best

celestial is good just don’t put it on trinkets. I wouldn’t personally go full celestial armor I have 3 pieces of celestial.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ancient Ranger.3276

Ancient Ranger.3276

I opened your build and my build side by side. Took away all food buffs. And took your advice and changed my knight armor for cavaliers armor. This is what the stats looked like before FOOD BUFFS.
Power: Mine:1563 Yours:1563
Precision: Mine:1164(21%) Yours: 1157(20%)
Toughness: Mine:1881 Yours:1927
Vitality: Mine:1364 Yours:1357
Crit DMG: Mine:61% Yours:75%

As you can see We have the same Power. Practically the same Precision and Vitality(I beat you but only slightly). Your beat me in Toughness by 46. You beat me in Crit DMG by 14%.
When I added FOOD BUFFS you beat me in Power by 3.
For MinMaxing purposes you have the better build but when it comes to practical use our builds come out to be the same.
As I see it Knights does have a big role in both of our builds simply because we don’t have the 100% up time on fury like the classic d/d build.
As for this Statement “This build is horrible. Low power, average armor, low health and crit damage.” It seems to apply to your build also other than the low Crit DMG

Éleura Elementalist’s on YB
Elementalist
#Ele

(edited by Ancient Ranger.3276)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

used in wvw and spvp (ogre runes in spvp)
0/0/20/20/30 pvt/celestial:melandru
bloodlust (force in spvp)/ hydromancy (you need to swap right beside your target to get the most use of this sigil)
ether renewal
triple cantrip
-40 condi food/power stone
fgs to pressure warriors running away

not that great for solo due to lack of sprint and prec.

This is probably the best setup so far in this thread (the rest are god awful). Although, you would want to add some cavalier/knights pieces in.

in Elementalist

Azunai.5974

I opened your build and my build side by side. Took away all food buffs. And took your advice and changed my knight armor for cavaliers armor. This is what the stats looked like before FOOD BUFFS.
Power: Mine:1563 Yours:1563
Precision: Mine:1164(21%) Yours: 1157(20%)
Toughness: Mine:1881 Yours:1927
Vitality: Mine:1364 Yours:1357
Crit DMG: Mine:61% Yours:75%

As you can see We have the same Power. Practically the same Precision and Vitality(I beat you but only slightly). Your beat me in Toughness by 46. You beat me in Crit DMG by 14%.
When I added FOOD BUFFS you beat me in Power by 3.
For MinMaxing purposes you have the better build but when it comes to practical use our builds come out to be the same.
As I see it Knights does have a big role in both of our builds simply because we don’t have the 100% up time on fury like the classic d/d build.
As for this Statement “This build is horrible. Low power, average armor, low health and crit damage.” It seems to apply to your build also other than the low Crit DMG

Oooh, interesting. But it also seems to lack the condition damage and healing power celestial armor offers.

edit- hey wait, I checked again. My link has exotics but yours have ascended. There’s also yours having 20 pts in earth (200 toughness) and mine having 10 (100 toughness). You do have me beat in precision since I only matched yours by having 10 in air.

There is no optimal because we are talking about essentially pvp so there are alot of factors. If your goal is frontliner and your new to ele full pvt with zerk trinkets is a good place to start. Boon duration runes as you get more comfortable playing ele then you can start to trim your hp down.

Azunai’s build is back loaded damage nothing wrong with that at all. Boon duration builds work well on ele. Even in his celestial gear. Just remember boon duration builds require a wind up to get rolling for great damage. Meaning you build up might stacks. Where as not running boon duration you have better front loaded damage and wont suffer a large dps loss if your might stacks are stripped.

Pretty much sums up my build! I like the benefit of being hard to kill while dishing out lots of damage. I don’t mind having to work a little bit harder to get to that point.

(edited by Azunai.5974)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

My usual build is a little burstier, and focuses on preying on their glass backline, then gtfo:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmKbyx5wjDADFdMiQhFOUekzM2A-jQCBYgBk+AgKAM1sIaslhBp6KslXRTbDT7iIqWKAKGDA-e

A less burst, more sustained version (adapted from a pvp build I do o.k. with):
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYnEEVcYyBOHwjYAgowFTCKIYhyjcmxGA-jgCBYgBk+AgKAM1sIaslhBp6KslXRTbDT5SIVFLyyAoPGA-e

If I were going to be a d/d commander, I would run something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhEmgbyx5wjDAEFuYyQRHbUekzM2A-jgCBYgBk+AgIAM1sIaslhBp6KslXRTbDT7KpqYCyyAoPGA-e

I understand the goal behind celestial, but think it might be more optimal for solo-roaming. In larger groups, your condi damage isn’t important because more dedicated condi-users will tick their damage instead. Healing also isn’t as useful, and comes more from blasting fields. Power damage, however stacks quite well.

Regardless, if you aren’t gonna chop at the fringes, staff will do more good for your group by laying down control and raining down more damage.