lol why all the QQ At Nerf's?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Syhnz.4928

Syhnz.4928

i main’ed Guardian and played warrior both 300+hours easilly started ele and LOVE IT much more awareness is needed in wvw…but now i see alot off QQ bout the nerf to mist form…i mean cmon it was obviously op’ed xD Troll away while healin up? is it the fact u are affraid u wont be able to zipp away and heal? kitten a darn shame we dont have something that can give us stability and protection cough cough and ride the lightning nerf…meh im still gunna be honeybadgin my way around…aint gunna give a kitten and gunna Get mah flame sword out and ghetto warrior away from them and pop RTL…so yah we got nerf’ed nothing good ele’s wont tweak about and guess what we still gunna have sum pro’s showing off sum noobspankin on youtube so head’s up and lets keep kicking sum kitten /p>

in Elementalist

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I can’t understand why people didn’t forsee this Mist Form change.

Guardian ELITE – Needs to be channeled and unable to cast.
Ele UTILITY pre 30th – Not channeled and heal/utilities can be cast.

Mist Form is still quite overpowered, it’s still like having an elite for a utility skill.

Think I’ll dust my Warrior off for PvP and deal with those who try to make a D/D bunker viable still.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Mist Form is still quite overpowered, it’s still like having an elite for a utility skill.

Hahaha, good thing our elite is terrible. Nobody’s elite is simply: take no damage for 4s, you can’t use any abilities during this time. That would also be a terrible elite!

The mist form nerf is kinda of minor in my mind. You simply have to start ether renewal prior to mist forming (if that works). If not, mist form is much worse now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

Me and all my friends will change from ele to other classes thanks to people complaining about our long cd cantrips, skills we must have to stay alive since we have the most little healt pool and lowest armor. But ppl never take this in account, they just complain about eles and this beautiful class is going worst and worst at each patch.

Peace

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shadowflare.2759

Shadowflare.2759

Because not everyone plays the d/d 0-10-0-30-30 bunker build. Those bandwagon elementalists can GTFO, I don’t care. But these nerfs hit non bunker builds twice as hard as it hit the bunker build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Because most of the nerfs intended to tone d/d and s/d bunker hurt other builds more, pigeon holing eles even further into these meta specs.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

My first character was a D/D Ele, changes were needed and I for one am glad for them. I stopped playing my Ele because quite frankly the build is more than a little bit OP and other builds don’t match up quite as well.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

Of course you’re glad for them, you stopped playing ele. The point is that while /d cantrip bunker is strong, there are few other options. Other classes only care about nerfing what gives them too much trouble, but don’t care much about giving them other decent but not as powerful options.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

Staff works. Support/Bunker/Glass AoE/Condi-tank

Scepter works. Support/Tank/Glass Cond

Focus works really well too.
Anything else?

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Elementalist

Navzar.2938

Staff works. Support/Bunker/Glass AoE/Condi-tank

Scepter works. Support/Tank/Glass Cond

Focus works really well too.
Anything else?

Almost all of which are tanky builds. Now tell me more about these glass specs please.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheMightyAltroll.3485

TheMightyAltroll.3485

I’m done, I spent all day theorycrafting with Elementalist to see if they are underpowered without their soon-to-be-nerfed things. They aren’t.

As for the builds, figure them out yourself, if I can figure out these builds, you should be able to as well.

Contact me ingame for Necro, Ranger, Mesmer, and Thief advice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

I’m done, I spent all day theorycrafting with Elementalist to see if they are underpowered without their soon-to-be-nerfed things. They aren’t.

As for the builds, figure them out yourself, if I can figure out these builds, you should be able to as well.

I sincerely doubt that you have created anything that would be considered an effective build in just one sitting of theorycrafting (which is just that: theory).

I’ve grown tired of the constant nerfs to the elementalist. Yes, the bunker D/D needed a nerf. However, everyone should know that not every elementalist that uses x/D or x/F is a bunker. The nerf that this profession receives tomorrow will not stop bunker builds. It will only hinder other builds. That is the big issue that has been bothering the Elementalist community.

The majority of the Elementalist community wants to be able to actually a fighting chance outside of some lame, point holding, barely viable sustained damage build. It is incredibly frustrating to be forced (yes, “forced” thanks to the nature of the game mode that is conquest) into playing bunker/hybrid bunker if you want to have a real chance at winning.

That’s why there is QQ. Because we are still waiting for ANet to aid the other builds.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

in Elementalist

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Staff
Full Cleric’s
Support role

Got hit by Nerf-Chuck-Norris-Roundhouse-Kick much?

I play my ele as a staff wielding, support-dishing ele. I do not kill people, my allies do. I just make sure they stay alive, provide artillery support, and provide enemy-cripple support (Fire 5, Water 4, Air 5, Earth 4) when they need to fall back.

I certainly NEED the Mist Form + Ether, because I don’t have the toughness bunker d/d ele did. So why am I getting nerfed so hard?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Special K.8143

Special K.8143

well, since they are un-nerfing the thief’s reveal, that shows that Anet is willing to un-nerf things because they made the wrong decision. Maybe they will see in the upcoming month that they made too many changes that effect viable Ele builds. With the upcoming buffs such as boon hate that warriors and others get, in addition to making it easier for thieves to steal boons, there wasn’t a reason to ALSO nerf Ele like they are doing in the upcoming patch. They should of added all the buffs they are doing to other classes and waited a month to see how this effects new builds people come up with to deal with Ele’s. No reason to nerf Ele’s month after month.

Ele’s are not going to be able to survive at all in “toe to toe” fights with the enemy. We will also have to hide behind allies and resort to range attacking from scepter and staffs. And this goes against what Anet said they want to do, let any class play the way they want to play. If Ele’s can’t survive in short range d/d or d/f builds, we will be forced to play medium to long range, or just not play Ele at all.

I personally would love to see all Ele players boycott playing their Ele’s for a month or 2. Play the super powerful Necro staff condition build and perma thieves. If no one plays their Ele, maybe they will get some Anet love or at least be left alone.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

I fail to see how Mist Form was ‘op’. Mist Form, 75s, was far inferior to mesmers Distortion, 60s, in terms of both cooldown and flexibility, and yet I only ever saw QQ about the former.

While it gave that extra ‘oomph’ to the already powerful bunker, I considered it an important safety net for zerker eles. Along with the RTL nerf, zerker eles got hit way over the proportions. All the more reason for people to switch to bunkers which, ironically, is the exact opposite of what anet tries to achieve.

Now, Mist Form is next to useless for anything else than stomping and avoiding enemy spike. In fact, in a 1v1 situation it will be more beneficial to your opponent in most cases. While the ele is locked floating around in his swaggyswag foam mode, the enemy is free to heal, buff, do whatever he wants to gain the edge, really. Oh, and not to mention that conditions still tick dmg.

The QQ is way over the top, but the update does hit eles hard.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

in Elementalist

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

The QQ is because the updates didn’t really hurt the D/D bunker at all, but they did hurt the staff ele and the S/D players.

Granted, anyone slinging D/D and crying deserves a brick upside their head.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well they’ve made healing pretty useless since by the time its cast you’ve lost twice as much health.

They are just encouraging more bunker builds, and it’s precisely what I’m going to consider right now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anlyon.8375

Anlyon.8375

Well, here’s hoping there is some nice buffs on the way for some of the weaker builds.

You have nothing to fear but Fear itself