new elementalist specialization leaks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Yeah, I noticed this as well. But I guess we can agree that the mechanic supposedly will be similar? I mean… we already got utility groups with different names but basically the same theme or effects (e.g. Manipulations, Tricks, Physicals, Survival).

As you said, they might as well have changed the mechanic of Mantras which I personally would appretiate. I hate people being able to see my Mantra of Distraction. Or they might not have implemented the addtional icon for those skills yet.

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Yeah, I noticed this as well. But I guess we can agree that the mechanic supposedly will be similar? I mean… we already got utility groups with different names but basically the same theme or effects (e.g. Manipulations, Tricks, Physicals, Survival).

As you said, they might as well have changed the mechanic of Mantras which I personally would appretiate. I hate people being able to see my Mantra of Distraction. Or they might not have implemented the addtional icon for those skills yet.

I believe ele gets stances. The charges sounds like it stems from another leak I saw where eles gain charge for sitting in an element. The problem is that unless you are actually in the beta (and thus can’t talk about it here anyway) there’s no way to know.

I heard about very early concepts about a year ago from a source that has proven to be correct on everything even the big reveal in the latest LS episode. The concept sounded extremely complicated and likely has seen multiple revisions over time. What we see in leaks now for ele could change considerably before the XPac is launched.

Other classes are less of an issue as they were all pretty straight forward and weren’t doing anything overly complex as almost redesigning the fields and combo system for a single elite spec.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

How else can you do duel elements then?

Like I said – make the new spec mechanic “remember” your previous attunement and work based on the combination of the two. So if you’re in Fire and switch to Air all ele stuff would work as if you’re in Air, while all the new stuff would work for Air/Fire.

I’d say this is the most sensible approach, from design, implementation and balancing points of view.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I suspect that those utility skills can hold up two charges rather than functioning like mantras; ie. the first cooldown completes and it keeps ticking, and then after the next cooldown it holds a second cast of that skill.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Like I said – make the new spec mechanic “remember” your previous attunement and work based on the combination of the two. So if you’re in Fire and switch to Air all ele stuff would work as if you’re in Air, while all the new stuff would work for Air/Fire.

I’d say this is the most sensible approach, from design, implementation and balancing points of view.

The problem would be if you went air fire what happens if you run the training -20% cdr for each and +power + precision how dose that work? Would it be a full -40% cdr and you get both of the + effects? I think if they make it so fire air would make the fire line have effects but not the air but if you went air fire air line would have the effect not the fire. There are problem with this. The only sure thing that will work to make this not comply op would be to nerf the when your in this atument effects. Effectively nerfing the core ele even more.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

The problem would be if you went air fire what happens if you run the training -20% cdr for each and +power + precision how dose that work? Would it be a full -40% cdr and you get both of the + effects? I think if they make it so fire air would make the fire line have effects but not the air but if you went air fire air line would have the effect not the fire. There are problem with this. The only sure thing that will work to make this not comply op would be to nerf the when your in this atument effects. Effectively nerfing the core ele even more.

Existing effects (in core trait lines) apply to your current attunement. So if you went Air → Fire you’d lose the extra precision (since you’re no longer in Air attunement, it only affects your new mechanics) and you’d get cdr/might/whatever as if you’re in Fire, just like before.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Existing effects (in core trait lines) apply to your current attunement. So if you went Air -> Fire you’d lose the extra precision (since you’re no longer in Air attunement, it only affects your new mechanics) and you’d get cdr/might/whatever as if you’re in Fire, just like before.

I am kind of confused what your saying if your air / fire set up you lose the trait line atument effects? (leaving out swap effects i do not see them working well for this specialization)
Empowering Flame
Pyromancer’s Training
Pyromancer’s Puissance
Aeromancer’s Training
Geomancer’s Training
Stone Heart
Soothing Mist / Soothing Power
Piercing Shards (did not even think about this but this is going to be crazy strong with this specialization)
Aquamancer’s Training

All these skills are atument only effects some stronger then others how would they work with duel atuments with out nerfing the core class to fit the fact that they are duel atuments specialization.

But dam water/air | fire/earth (maybe earth/fire if you need the stone hart over the free +150 power and might gen) will be unbelievably strong set up.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

I was under the impression that you just had two attunements that you could swap between, rather than both of them being active at the same time. The leaked image showed the air staff’s skills taking up the entire weapon bar minus the combination skill taking up the third slot.

What I’m more curious about is how the slot 3 fusion skills work. Like is there an “Air/Water” skill in addition to a “Water/Air” skill (ie. based on which element is currently in use), or is there just one fusion skill for two elements regardless of which element is currently in use. Additionally, I’m curious as to how strong these combination skills are, and whether or not the elite spec also has any F skills besides attunement swapping.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

I was under the impression that you have 2 fusion atuments and that what your swapping in-between.

If its realty is just 2 attunements and that it ele going to realty need some major power and cdr added to its effects. It may cause core ele to comply disappear all together too.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

The same was said of tempest and look how well that turned out for us.

Looking… uhm… pretty well, actually. The core mechanic is great. The traits are all over the place, in my opinion to make it usable in PvP. But even as it is, even after the number of nerfs to this and that, the line is still pretty great for PvE.

Again, you talk about pve. For future reference, I don’t do pve so when I talk about balance and class issues, its only related to WvW. And in that regard, no tempest is terrible. Ele is pretty much entirely replaced by other classes in wvw. Its the weakest class for roaming now, in smallscale fights, it is replaced by druid. In large scale fights, its replaced by ventari rev as far as support goes, and replaced by necro as far as a dps role goes. So in wvw, tempest was a massive failure.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

I was under the impression that you have 2 fusion atuments and that what your swapping in-between.

If its realty is just 2 attunements and that it ele going to realty need some major power and cdr added to its effects. It may cause core ele to comply disappear all together too.

I was talking about normal attunement switching. You still have your 4 attunements to switch to, but you have a mechanic that takes note of your last attunement, the one you were before switching to your current one.

Remember, this is all speculation based on a single skillbar shot. But in my opinion this would be among the easiest and most sensible approaches. Locking out two attunements permanently has huge problems, your traits becoming irrelevant among them. But just like Tempest introduced a new mechanic without changing the way the core ele does, the new spec will most likely do the same.

The same was said of tempest and look how well that turned out for us.

Looking… uhm… pretty well, actually. The core mechanic is great. The traits are all over the place, in my opinion to make it usable in PvP. But even as it is, even after the number of nerfs to this and that, the line is still pretty great for PvE.

Again, you talk about pve. For future reference, I don’t do pve so when I talk about balance and class issues, its only related to WvW. And in that regard, no tempest is terrible. Ele is pretty much entirely replaced by other classes in wvw. Its the weakest class for roaming now, in smallscale fights, it is replaced by druid. In large scale fights, its replaced by ventari rev as far as support goes, and replaced by necro as far as a dps role goes. So in wvw, tempest was a massive failure.

For future reference, this is a game. I’m only concerned with what is fun. And Tempest definitely is.

As for WvW – I couldn’t care less about roaming and small fights. It’s just a less fair and balanced PvP. The potential of this game mode is large-scale combat. Where I still play Tempest successfully.

That’s not to say I’m against balancing changes in WvW. I just don’t really care. Balancing only concerns me in PvE, in WvW the squads are too large for the individual contribution to be really important. Sure, it’s important for roaming, but then again, I don’t care about this particular aspect.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

All this talk about the reddit thread, no link to the thread…

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

All this talk about the reddit thread, no link to the thread…

We cant here (and it seems we cant quote the linkes too).

@ Feanor.2358
The op seems to have a real understanding what its going to be and with that many skills that maybe added i do not see how its not going to be combining 2 atumenst to make one for one swap and the same for the other swap.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Can somebody send me the links to the leaks pertaining to Ele? Would like to check it out myself.

in Elementalist

Xaylin.1860

@ Feanor.2358
The op seems to have a real understanding what its going to be and with that many skills that maybe added i do not see how its not going to be combining 2 atumenst to make one for one swap and the same for the other swap.

He said ‘What I got from…’. He didn’t seem to have any access to more information than anyone else who had a chance to see the leaked pictures and text, really.

Yes, only having two attunements isn’t impossible. But it would require a lot of work. Having a scenario as others described (e.g. the game ‘remembering’ your last attunement and then changing your dual-element skill – #3 – accordingly or having Mantras or Stances to attune to a second attunement) is waaaaay more likely.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

Yes, only having two attunements isn’t impossible. But it would require a lot of work. Having a scenario as others described (e.g. the game ‘remembering’ your last attunement and then changing your dual-element skill – #3 – accordingly or having Mantras or Stances to attune to a second attunement) is waaaaay more likely.

I’m not entirely sure of what you’re trying to say or how you came to that conclusion, but I’m quite certain this elite spec just has two attunements that you swap between ala the Revenant. The leaked image makes that pretty clear. I suppose it’s possible that it has a single usable attunement with a secondary attunement only determining the 3rd skill, but that seems unlikely to me since attunement swapping is kind of ingrained pretty hard in the profession (assuming I’m reading what you’re saying properly).

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Elementalist

Xaylin.1860

I’m not entirely sure of what you’re trying to say or how you came to that conclusion, but I’m quite certain this elite spec just has two attunements that you swap between ala the Revenant. The leaked image makes that pretty clear. I suppose it’s possible that it has a single usable attunement with a secondary attunement only determining the 3rd skill, but that seems unlikely to me since attunement swapping is kind of ingrained pretty hard in the profession (assuming I’m reading what you’re saying properly).

I was referring to someone saying that the OP got a deep(er) inside.

But no, it – that one leaked pic – doesn’t show that the e-spec is limited to two attunements. Because we can’t see the F-buttons. They might as well be there and the bar could be between skills and F-buttons. We do see the bar ‘charging’ up purple (air?) while the bar behind that is light blue (water?). However, we got no idea if the e-spec will lock you into 2 specific attunements.

Again, I don’t think it’s impossible. If it was the case, the e-spec really got to heavily compensate for that, though. Plus, Elementalists would probably be forced to go either Water or Earth as secondary for survivability which limits build diversity. Would be a pitty, really…

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

It is extremely unlikely for the spec to restrict us in two attunements only. There are way too many traits which require you to be in a specific attunement. Locking out two attunements, you get 2 choices for the trait lines:
a) Lock out the trait lines as a whole as well.
b) Leave them as they are, meaning players are free to pick a trait which will never trigger.
Both are pretty terrible.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

@ Feanor.2358

He said ‘What I got from…’. He didn’t seem to have any access to more information than anyone else who had a chance to see the leaked pictures and text, really.

O then all of this may mean nothing then hmmm. I think the pic of the skill bar was some what real or at least anet did not want it here.

I just hope its not like the tempest a ele +1 you need to lose something going from the core to the specialization or there nothing left of the core.
If its getting Mantras its going to be more mez like if it gets stances it will be more war like as a class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I would almost prefer an arcane attunement that grants torment/confusion and quickness.

But on the plus side, if it’s true I’ll finally have a reason to use this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Elemental_Sword

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

A new leak on reddit clarified how the spec works. Apparently you choose two attunements and can swap between them ala the Rev. If you’re using two weapons (ie. a main-hand and an off-hand rather than a two-handed weapon) then the first two skills are from the current attunement, the third skill is the fusion skill, and the last two come from the attunement not currently in use. If it’s a two-handed weapon, all of the skills (minus the fusion skill) are of a single attunement (like normal eles). Apparently the spec is the furthest away from completion though, which probably explains why the main leak had nothing for the ele.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Elementalist

Xaylin.1860

If you’re using two weapons (ie. a main-hand and an off-hand rather than a two-handed weapon) then the first two skills are from the current attunement, the third skill is the fusion skill, and the last two come from the attunement not currently in use. If it’s a two-handed weapon, all of the skills (minus the fusion skill) are of a single attunement (like normal eles).

This distinction feels… weird.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

A new leak on reddit clarified how the spec works. Apparently you choose two attunements and can swap between them ala the Rev. If you’re using two weapons (ie. a main-hand and an off-hand rather than a two-handed weapon) then the first two skills are from the current attunement, the third skill is the fusion skill, and the last two come from the attunement not currently in use. If it’s a two-handed weapon, all of the skills (minus the fusion skill) are of a single attunement (like normal eles). Apparently the spec is the furthest away from completion though, which probably explains why the main leak had nothing for the ele.

So kind of like thf in a weird way. Now if we could only linke here with out getting hit lol.

I like to see how it works with stone hart and perching shards.

in Elementalist

Xaylin.1860

Add Fresh Air, Pyromancers Puissance and every Adept/Master Minor to that list [Edit: Plus almost half of the Arcane traits… ]. Could indeed be pretty interesting.

(edited by Xaylin.1860)

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Add Fresh Air, Pyromancers Puissance and every Adept/Master Minor to that list. Could indeed be pretty interesting.

I do not see swapping working well with this if its only 2 weapons set like fusion atuments. Fresh air is powerful because you have 3 other atuments to swap into to reset your air swap effects.

In a lot of way a 2 atument specialization will be a big changes in game play for the ele class type. This would be what an specialization should do not what tempest did for ele (making it an ele +1 and realy nothing more).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

After reading the new leaks I am very worried…. I agree it will bring about a big change, but:

- it will be a trade of 12 skills (5 × 2 attunements) for 2 (fusion skills). This puts a lot of pressure on the 2 hybrid skills to compensate taking out the weapon 3 skills (which are often good) and 10 other skills that compensate our long cooldowns.

- I seriously doubt they will allow 2x trigger of on attune traits, it will probably be whatever is your first attunement – it would just be too powerful (imagine fresh air plus having 2 fusions with air, you would be swapping non stop and triggering lightning procs).

This has all the warnings of a bad idea… I will be seriously impressed if they pull this off as a good spec – but past history tells me it will finish burying the class.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Right, making significant percent of the traits irrelevant should be what a spec does? Somehow I don’t think so.

in Elementalist

Xaylin.1860

I do not see swapping working well with this if its only 2 weapons set like fusion atuments. Fresh air is powerful because you have 3 other atuments to swap into to reset your air swap effects.

In a lot of way a 2 atument specialization will be a big changes in game play for the ele class type. This would be what an specialization should do not what tempest did for ele (making it an ele +1 and realy nothing more).

It’s just speculation. But couldn’t it be possible that you’re actually attuned to two attunements at a time? Why would they otherwise change the OH skills? Which could mean, you could proc twice the amount of attunement-based traits (on swap, on crit, while attuned to, yadda yadda).

Regarding FA, sure. It wouldn’t be as effective as for base Elementalist or Tempest because you lack 2 more attunements. But it still increases access to on swap effects.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

Right, making significant percent of the traits irrelevant should be what a spec does? Somehow I don’t think so.

Which traits are you referring to? I mean there are element-exclusive traits in each elemental line, but I don’t see why a fire/air ele would take water (for example).

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

It’s just speculation. But couldn’t it be possible that you’re actually attuned to two attunements at a time? Why would they otherwise change the OH skills? Which could mean, you could proc twice the amount of attunement-based traits (on swap, on crit, while attuned to, yadda yadda).

Regarding FA, sure. It wouldn’t be as effective as for base Elementalist or Tempest because you lack 2 more attunements. But it still increases access to on swap effects.

I guess but you run FA for the swap not faster access to air they will still be on cd.

This is what a specialization should look like taking the core class and losing something and getting its own effect in doing so. Tempest did not do this it only added in overload and a few utility / wepon at the cost of nothing. A lot of specialization did this and it killed there core classes. That why i am so hard on going back to fix the core classes for all that got shafted so hard. Tempest should of got a longer gobble cd for swaps or the core ele should have no gobble cd for its swaps (i think its .5 sec but every bit counts).

If you take nothing from the new specialization that the core class has you no longer have a core class as things stand ele is not a class in gw2 tempest is. Ele is just an ideal or a f2p class.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Tempest gave Overloads in exchange for less attunement dancing. Sounds like this exchanges 2 elements for having access to two elements at once (sans Staff/Trident) and the Fusion skills. Sounds interesting but I’m also wondering how Fresh Air fits into all of this.

Fishsticks

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Tempest gave Overloads in exchange for less attunement dancing. Sounds like this exchanges 2 elements for having access to two elements at once (sans Staff/Trident) and the Fusion skills. Sounds interesting but I’m also wondering how Fresh Air fits into all of this.

As you do not need to use overloads you can still attunement dancing. And as they added in a utility line that is good and a ok wepon tempest is simply an ele +1.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

Pretty much. I’m also excited for this new spec because it actually takes away something to give something, so it doesn’t make it a strict upgrade to the core profession.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Pretty much. I’m also excited for this new spec because it actually takes away something to give something, so it doesn’t make it a strict upgrade to the core profession.

I was thinking this exact same thing

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

As you do not need to use overloads you can still attunement dancing. And as they added in a utility line that is good and a ok wepon tempest is simply an ele +1.

Well Tempest is supposed to replace Arcane, since Arcane offers extension to attunements as well as Tempest. Without Arcane you can’t “dance” as much because Arcane provides a slightly reduced CD on attunements, and it also offers Fury and boons on attunement swap. Water is used for restoration of your character, Earth is used for durability, Air is used for mobility and timed attacks, and Fire is used for offense.

Generally it isn’t a good idea to take Tempest with Arcane because you just get two Attunement-enhancing specializations which is a wasted opportunity for offense or defense or what-have-you.

Because of the above, you get generally less amount of attunement “dancing”.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Generally it isn’t a good idea to take Tempest with Arcane because you just get two Attunement-enhancing specializations which is a wasted opportunity for offense or defense or what-have-you.

If Arcane offered good enough offensive options by itself, it would have been taken. Reduced cooldowns on attunement? All the better, more overloads! However, Air offers quite a bit more offense than Arcane, so it ends up being the third line of choice. That isn’t likely to change in another elite spec, btw.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Not to dissimilar to Rev. You pick the two elements you want and pick their traitlines or one of them and arcane.

My only question is will E1/E2 give the same dual skill as E2/E1.

I reckon they will just change the wording to be universal like they did with necro, changing traits to read shroud 1 through 4. Ex. Electric Discharge could read “Strike you foe with a bolt of lightning when you change your main attunement to air” or something. Same with glyphs. Sorts a lot of problems they can have inventing new things.

Like many have said I like the fact it changes how ele will work from use all 4 to pick two. Will feel like a proper elite spec instead of ele+1. Properly changing the way my character plays.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

Like many have said I like the fact it changes how ele will work from use all 4 to pick two. Will feel like a proper elite spec instead of ele+1. Properly changing the way my character plays.

I still don’t understand this position. Tempest also changes the way the character plays. If you’re looking for a drawback, the requirement to remain in a single attunement has been complained about so much, one would think it fits the description. Does it need to actually cripple the class mechanic in order to qualify as “proper elite spec”?

I can’t see limiting the choice of attunements as something particularly good or fun. Versatility, coming from attunement switches, has always been a major part of why I find this class by far the most fun to play.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

choosing two elements and gaining more focused on them was the ele type i was looking for. A more specialized one. Of course i donĀ“t know if my beloved fire/earth combination might be useful. I never liked the water dependency of ele . I start to dream throwing lava bolts ^^.
What i always though with such a change was to have a weapon set for each element. So i can do something like staff for fire and sword for earth. Well i might then go sword, dagger for fire and scepter focus in earth. But i see for earth everyone will use focus .
Such an elite actually has the potential to create multiple builds that are used but we will see.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

On reddit they said “1 element on your main hand, 1 on your offhand”. Or just 1 element in case of two-handers. With a fuse skill in any case on skill 3. You’re not getting a second weapon set.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Well Tempest is supposed to replace Arcane, since Arcane offers extension to attunements as well as Tempest. Without Arcane you can’t “dance” as much because Arcane provides a slightly reduced CD on attunements, and it also offers Fury and boons on attunement swap. Water is used for restoration of your character, Earth is used for durability, Air is used for mobility and timed attacks, and Fire is used for offense.

Because of the above, you get generally less amount of attunement “dancing”.

As long as you can use arcain line with an elite spec your argument is not valid. Tempest lost nothing from becoming a tempest that you NEED to make it a different type of class it only got adding the chose of overloads (the best dps ele as a class can do now for a tankly support spec. no ideal why) and one new wepon and a set of utility. Ele as a core class lost its places in dmg support even tanklyness.

If any thing tempest would of been a better core class and the ele would be more likely an elite spec. As in it would of lost its ability to overload for faster swaps (as long as the arcain line was an elite spec line in it self.)

If this new elite spec lets you only have 2 atument swaps that is a major changes and lost from the core class and how elite spec should work.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

mantras
dual wielding attunement
only 2 attunement not 4
sword man hand

total of 38 new weapons skills :
1 and 2 from sword per attunement = 8
3 new dual attunement skils from F/W F/A F/E W/A W/E A/E per man and 2hand weapon – 6 x sword, scepter, staff, dagger, trifdent = 30

and 5 mantras that is 43 new skills in total

all what I could get from leaks
discuss

So basically Ele’s are going to be Revenant’s with Mantras, mixed in with Thief dual wielding abilities.

I’d be okay with this if it wasn’t for the Revenant part. We’ve already go that. Why lose the other two elements? That’s disappointing.

On reddit they said “1 element on your main hand, 1 on your offhand”. Or just 1 element in case of two-handers. With a fuse skill in any case on skill 3. You’re not getting a second weapon set.

If this is true, the elite spec is already looking terrible imo. I was looking forward to using sword but won’t do it if I lose all my attunements. That’s just extremely limiting. I’m with you on your other post. That’s not the appeal of the class, having four choices is.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I actually love this idea, it is different… but I will evade any type of hype or desperation until anet reveals every details.

in Elementalist

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

I’m already set. Bought Bolt. lets gooooo!

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Personally, I like tempest… but it is unfortunate in the extreme that it’s essentially rendered the old attunement-dancing playstyle obsolete. There probably really should have been an elite specialisation that left that intact before Tempest. (Yes, I know you can choose not to overload, but half of the specialisation is based around overloads.)

Gotta say, what I’m hearing about the new one is… disappointing. Still, it’s a leak, and I guess the final implementation might be better than we think.

I suspect that those utility skills can hold up two charges rather than functioning like mantras; ie. the first cooldown completes and it keeps ticking, and then after the next cooldown it holds a second cast of that skill.

Which is similar to a system Diablo 3 uses on some skills – they have ‘charges’, each of which recharges individually. So you can only use the skill so many times in a given timeframe, but you can choose whether to use it multiple times in quick succession or to spread it out.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

I’d be okay with this if it wasn’t for the Revenant part. We’ve already go that. Why lose the other two elements? That’s disappointing.

Because trade-offs are a good thing?

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Some ppl just want pure power creep or p2w like tempest give use in hot.

Core ele and tempest need to stay viable compared to the next elite spec. or the next elite spec. will become the only real chose to play in gw2.

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Some ppl just want pure power creep or p2w like tempest give use in hot.

Core ele and tempest need to stay viable compared to the next elite spec. or the next elite spec. will become the only real chose to play in gw2.

Yeah I also believe in trade offs and think it’s fine. One thing I am concerned about is condi cleanse and health regeneration as it is so closely tied to water attunement/water trait line. In this regard I can understand a lot of reluctance in losing access to half your elements but I guess we cross that bridge when we get to it.

in Elementalist

Feanor.2358

I don’t see a trade-off though. I already very rarely switch out of Fire-Air.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

They should keep it as 4 attunements lol we aren’t noobs I like my 16 hit combo into Senretsukyaku. If I’m lucky you can go Hishokyaku before the person lands. I hope we get mobile combos with nice dps or condi applications (cough* cough* give us some new conditions which can lead to hidden damage) It’s about time ele got tricky fun with fancy rotations following strong cc cleave damages and launches.

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper