new elementalist specialization leaks

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I’d be okay with this if it wasn’t for the Revenant part. We’ve already go that. Why lose the other two elements? That’s disappointing.

Because trade-offs are a good thing?

Some ppl just want pure power creep or p2w like tempest give use in hot.

Core ele and tempest need to stay viable compared to the next elite spec. or the next elite spec. will become the only real chose to play in gw2.

Yeah I also believe in trade offs and think it’s fine. One thing I am concerned about is condi cleanse and health regeneration as it is so closely tied to water attunement/water trait line. In this regard I can understand a lot of reluctance in losing access to half your elements but I guess we cross that bridge when we get to it.

Well earth has some clears as well as fire so water not the end all be all for condil clear for ele.

What we are talking about is being two atuments at the same time so you do not lose the lines (most of the lines for ele / utility where the healing and clears comes from not the weapons or even being in that atument) you just get different effects and you lost 2 swaps. Think of it like taking 4 swaps into 2 but the 2 are (i guess stronger).

Its just if they make the fusion to powerful there going to be a problem with core ele for sure and tempest may fall behind too. This was a problem with HoT and more then likely will be with this next expansion.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

I’d be okay with this if it wasn’t for the Revenant part. We’ve already go that. Why lose the other two elements? That’s disappointing.

Core ele and tempest need to stay viable compared to the next elite spec. or the next elite spec. will become the only real chose to play in gw2.

Yeah I also believe in trade offs and think it’s fine. One thing I am concerned about is condi cleanse and health regeneration as it is so closely tied to water attunement/water trait line. In this regard I can understand a lot of reluctance in losing access to half your elements but I guess we cross that bridge when we get to it.

Well earth has some clears as well as fire so water not the end all be all for condil clear for ele.

What we are talking about is being two atuments at the same time so you do not lose the lines (most of the lines for ele / utility where the healing and clears comes from not the weapons or even being in that atument) you just get different effects and you lost 2 swaps. Think of it like taking 4 swaps into 2 but the 2 are (i guess stronger).

Its just if they make the fusion to powerful there going to be a problem with core ele for sure and tempest may fall behind too. This was a problem with HoT and more then likely will be with this next expansion.

You’re not thinking it through too much, yes the earth line has good removal via diamond skin mostly and some reduction in geomancer’s training. However the majority of the condition clearing and healing is tied to the water trait line, in particular attuning to water whether as a direct effect or for getting regen/water skills/evasive arcana.

The way the elite spec looks to work is you pick 2 attunements in a similar fashion to how revs pick legends and you swap between them. What’s going on with the utilities in this revision is anybodies guess but I had heard it was a case of say you pick fire and earth then your weapon skills will be fire when in fire attunement but your utilities are enhanced in some way by earth attunement.

However as I mentioned earlier the plans for ele originally were incredibly complex to the point I laughed at the guy and said it would be changed a lot. It has likely been revised significantly since then and could still be different from the leak we saw at the end of it all.

To clarify I’m worried as it may make water almost mandatory in attunement pick as any other combination of attunements outside of PvE will not have much or any cleanses or sustain at all. I’m not about to say it will suck but I am worried.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Off the top of my head, Ether Renewal is amazing at condition cleansing (usable regardless of attunement), Cleansing Fire/Burning Fire are good cleanses (also usable regardless of attunement), Diamond Skin is okay, and Earth Focus #4 cleanses three conditions. Not to mention the possibility of additional cleanses from the new weapon or new utilities. Not everything needs top tier condition cleansing in order to be viable.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

You’re not thinking it through too much, yes the earth line has good removal via diamond skin mostly and some reduction in geomancer’s training. However the majority of the condition clearing and healing is tied to the water trait line, in particular attuning to water whether as a direct effect or for getting regen/water skills/evasive arcana.

The way the elite spec looks to work is you pick 2 attunements in a similar fashion to how revs pick legends and you swap between them. What’s going on with the utilities in this revision is anybodies guess but I had heard it was a case of say you pick fire and earth then your weapon skills will be fire when in fire attunement but your utilities are enhanced in some way by earth attunement.

However as I mentioned earlier the plans for ele originally were incredibly complex to the point I laughed at the guy and said it would be changed a lot. It has likely been revised significantly since then and could still be different from the leak we saw at the end of it all.

To clarify I’m worried as it may make water almost mandatory in attunement pick as any other combination of attunements outside of PvE will not have much or any cleanses or sustain at all. I’m not about to say it will suck but I am worried.

Even you where talking about atuments not lines water atument on ele realty dose not have that much clear build in to there weapons most of ele clear is coming from there line and utility. Water line being super useful is not going away as long as condi is the meta.

I think the though is your still going to be all 4 atuments its just the 4 will become 2. So water/fire will be one atument and air/ earth would be the other on these lines. We do not know how that would effect the trait lines.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

We’ll most likely get a condi cleanse mantra anyway that is sufficient, seeing as it can only be used in the 2-attunement setup and can’t be abused in tempest

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

Even you where talking about atuments not lines water atument on ele realty dose not have that much clear build in to there weapons most of ele clear is coming from there line and utility. Water line being super useful is not going away as long as condi is the meta.

I think the though is your still going to be all 4 atuments its just the 4 will become 2. So water/fire will be one atument and air/ earth would be the other on these lines. We do not know how that would effect the trait lines.

It is not like that as far as I have been told and the guy who told me had played and told me about it approximately a year ago. You will have 2 elements only. Water line without water attunement is significantly weaker as the minors mostly don’t work and your choices on majors is severely limited with 1 in each tier being completely unusable without water attunement. This isn’t an issue on core or tempest as we don’t lose water but we will with the new elite spec.

FashionMage, sure burning/cleansing fire and magnetic wave are decent condition clears but I wouldn’t say ether renewal is a lot of the time unless ranged, far too interruptable. Also as above you will lose 2 elements, earth is a good pick especially if running sword/focus for the invuln and condi clear so may be there. Diamond skin is very hit and miss atm, tbh I rarely notice if I have it unless I’m running super bunky which you are likely not running if the elite spec is still a damage spec.

I guess we just have to wait and see but I still have some major concerns especially when you look at current damage specs and how much sustain/cleanses they have too.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

It is not like that as far as I have been told and the guy who told me had played and told me about it approximately a year ago. You will have 2 elements only. Water line without water attunement is significantly weaker as the minors mostly don’t work and your choices on majors is severely limited with 1 in each tier being completely unusable without water attunement. This isn’t an issue on core or tempest as we don’t lose water but we will with the new elite spec.

FashionMage, sure burning/cleansing fire and magnetic wave are decent condition clears but I wouldn’t say ether renewal is a lot of the time unless ranged, far too interruptable. Also as above you will lose 2 elements, earth is a good pick especially if running sword/focus for the invuln and condi clear so may be there. Diamond skin is very hit and miss atm, tbh I rarely notice if I have it unless I’m running super bunky which you are likely not running if the elite spec is still a damage spec.

I guess we just have to wait and see but I still have some major concerns especially when you look at current damage specs and how much sustain/cleanses they have too.

Water line is the one line that realty dose not need to be in water to be that effective. Just having aura share or cantrips is enofe to run water line not having to be in the atument. Earth is the more need to be in earth to get the full effect same with fire to a point. Air and water are the lines that work well with other atuments.

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

Water line is the one line that realty dose not need to be in water to be that effective. Just having aura share or cantrips is enofe to run water line not having to be in the atument. Earth is the more need to be in earth to get the full effect same with fire to a point. Air and water are the lines that work well with other atuments.

If you look at the 3 minor traits, 2 of them require water attunement to be used and both contribute significantly to an eles sustain.

Let’s look at major traits.
Adept has 1 that requires water and 2 that don’t require water, ones synergizes well with a later trait the other stop drop and roll the ICD makes it arguably a bad trait that you shouldn’t pick it at all.

Master has 2 traits that require water to get the full use out of and the ever useful cantrip trait. Yes you can still get the scholar buff from aquamancer’s training but that isn’t a good reason to ever take it in WvW/PvP.

Grandmaster has 1 that requires water and 2 that have varying usefulness depending on the elite spec. Powerful auras isn’t amazing unless you really trick out auras to give boons and healing in tempest, given that tempest was an aura line it is very likely we will see less aura play in the new specialisation. Cleansing water is only useful without water attunement if you trait cantrip, get the only useful adept trait and possibly if you have another source of regen. Without water attunement the entire trait line becomes much less useful and if you don’t run 2 cantrips the cleansing power and especially the self sustain will be very poor.

Go through the rest of the trait lines, the only one that has anywhere near this level of tying into a specific attunement outside it’s minors is earth which has a pretty poor choice at master level. Every other trait line has 2 choices at each level that work irrespective of attunement taken.

This is what has me worried, that as it is now people will feel forced to take water line for cleanses and sustain and thus be forced to always run water attunement to get good benefits in the new elite spec.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

The utilities aren’t Mantras. Look at Firebrands.

My guess is we’re getting Pulses, which refresh their charges on attunement swap (so you can use a certain amount in each attunement). Normal amount of pulses is 2, traited is 3.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

Well… if the point of elite spec is to get a different use of a class, i dont see a prob with not having lots of heals and or condi cleanses… This spec could be focused on dmg and toughness instead of support…. that way tempest will still be extremely useful.

Still, there is no point on hanging on things that are not even confirmed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

Also whoever said people were excited for Tempest just (lol), everyone hated the warhorn as the weapon.

Everyone wanted sword to be the weapon and all fingers are pointing to sword or GS in the next expansion.

in Elementalist

Posted by: steve.2945

steve.2945

Also whoever said people were excited for Tempest just (lol), everyone hated the warhorn as the weapon.

Everyone wanted sword to be the weapon and all fingers are pointing to sword or GS in the next expansion.

Yep, they were working towards it to be sword to begin with, makes sense the next weapon would use what ever developed assets it had left over would be used for next elite spec.

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wulf.5431

Wulf.5431

Well… if the point of elite spec is to get a different use of a class, i dont see a prob with not having lots of heals and or condi cleanses… This spec could be focused on dmg and toughness instead of support…. that way tempest will still be extremely useful.

I think that’s some of the problem though. We get a lot of heals and condi cleanse from water, it’s almost mandatory. I wish there was more build diversity but as it stands they have to balance around that. The new spec could have zero condi cleanse or healing but then you just spec into water and earth, and all of a sudden you’re hard to kill. I feel like the devs have dug their own grave a bit here. Maybe if they could make the other vanilla specs more attractive, or spread out some utility… I guess I really don’t know how I’d fix it

in Elementalist

Posted by: ScottBroChill.3254

ScottBroChill.3254

They should have just mix damage and utility and defense throughout all the elements, and just keep specific conditions to certain elements and some flavor specific spells instead of splitting up the roles in each element. They should have also made the traits universal instead of just applying to one element, because it is counter intuitive to have 4 elements you’re supposed to constantly switch between. The core traits how they currently are are more geared towards tempest and camping one element, which is probably a big cause as to why tempest totally outranks core ele.

I’m gonna guess they’ll just bump the numbers up for the new spec so 2 elements are on par with 4, but you’ll be able to have a more focused build that isn’t held back by having to balance damage with all the utility the 4 attunements provide and vice versa

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

ele doesn´t need water if he gets good condi removal in fire or as utility. But utility is dangerous because all thats add to water sustain just pushes ele into it. So anny condi removal and healing should have no synergy with water. Invigorating Torrets is the trait that makes support tempest so strong and pushes for water.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

The point of an elite spec (ideally) is to change how a class plays, but not necessarily changing what the class is already capable of doing. Focusing in two attunements in order to specialize would be the former, whereas something like dragonhunters would be the latter. If people want a lot of cleanses, they can take water or stick to tempest. It’s not like there are no options, there are just trade-offs, which a lot of people can’t handle because they just want a straight upgrade (in which case, again, stick to tempest).

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

The point of an elite spec (ideally) is to change how a class plays, but not necessarily changing what the class is already capable of doing. Focusing in two attunements in order to specialize would be the former, whereas something like dragonhunters would be the latter. If people want a lot of cleanses, they can take water or stick to tempest. It’s not like there are no options, there are just trade-offs, which a lot of people can’t handle because they just want a straight upgrade (in which case, again, stick to tempest).

Not entirely, you’ve set foot in WvW right? You can’t move from one objective to another without getting hit by 5 or 6 conditions and that’s just the power builds. You get a necro in range of you and you might as well stop to die faster, makes little difference if power or condi either.

Ele outside of bunker (so that’s your fire DD and FA builds) has a lot of issues with condition builds currently, smart cleansing will help you survive and get away but you’re going to have to be exceptional to win. You say it’s a trade off but it is a false choice if one of your 2 attunements and trait lines has to be water otherwise you get shafted by conditions.

I just hope the new utilities have more selfish cleanses and sustain and damage in traits allowing for a power damage spec.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

I wasn’t aware fire DD was even a thing. If you’re using a glass build on an ele, your first mistake was getting in melee range of a necro. The same goes for a fire/air ele. If a necro gets up to you in melee range as a fire/air staff ele, then that’s entirely your fault.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

So it sounds like its going to be called a weeb hehe weaver with a lot of ddr looking moves. Core ele in such a mess now in all game types i am not sure if this is going to work unless mantras are high def skills and the elite spec is going to have its own self support / def.

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

I wasn’t aware fire DD was even a thing. If you’re using a glass build on an ele, your first mistake was getting in melee range of a necro. The same goes for a fire/air ele. If a necro gets up to you in melee range as a fire/air staff ele, then that’s entirely your fault.

It’s not a glass build, it has 17k health and 2600 toughness for DD, go check out 7s build on this forum. Only FA ele is perhaps glass but even then most run marauder getting up to 18k health and usually get nearly 2.5k armour from either food, runes, trinkets or rock barrier.

1. The range on DD is 300-400 not counting tickle me Elmo vapour blades.
2. Necros, both kinds, have 900-1200 range.

So yeah nice try at making it sound like a L2P issue, sadly what you put was full of garbage. As I say anything but bunker eles have a hard time vs conditions at the moment, if the elite spec doesn’t bring ok clearing or resistance they you will have to run water attunement and water trait line to survive.

For the record I don’t think the new spec should be immune to conditions of have a cleanse all every 5s. Ele does need enough to be able to survive the silly condition meta we have now which at the moment ele has a hard time dealing with outside of its bunker build and would be impossible if you didn’t have water attunement.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

It’s not a glass build, it has 17k health and 2600 toughness for DD, go check out 7s build on this forum. Only FA ele is perhaps glass but even then most run marauder getting up to 18k health and usually get nearly 2.5k armour from either food, runes, trinkets or rock barrier.

So yeah nice try at making it sound like a L2P issue, sadly what you put was full of garbage. As I say anything but bunker eles have a hard time vs conditions at the moment, if the elite spec doesn’t bring ok clearing or resistance they you will have to run water attunement and water trait line to survive.

For the record I don’t think the new spec should be immune to conditions of have a cleanse all every 5s. Ele does need enough to be able to survive the silly condition meta we have now which at the moment ele has a hard time dealing with outside of its bunker build and would be impossible if you didn’t have water attunement.

2,600 armor is low unless you have perma protection or high healing power.

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

Only FA might have lower than 100% protection uptime, both almost certainly have 75% on any sensible build. The DD version runs gnashblade food so that’s -10% damage straight off the top.

Also in what world are we saying 2.6k is low?! Zerg guardians might have 3.2k most have about 3k.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Only FA might have lower than 100% protection uptime, both almost certainly have 75% on any sensible build. The DD version runs gnashblade food so that’s -10% damage straight off the top.

Also in what world are we saying 2.6k is low?! Zerg guardians might have 3.2k most have about 3k.

Most non ele classes hit hard even with out high power. 2.8k seems about right to me well that what i tend to aim for (you lose a lot of dmg though).

in Elementalist

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

The spec was leaked, it’s on the reddit frontpage.

in Elementalist

Jhoul.6923

If that post is real… that would mean that anet listened to many of the suggestions ppl made in the past in this forum…. and that would make me really happy.

in Elementalist

Jhoul.6923

If that post is real… that would mean that anet listened to many of the suggestions ppl made in the past in this forum…. and that would make me really happy.

On that point… I think it is fake, or an old prototype… Toooo many coincidence with the major suggestions that where made in this forum… Anet listens, but not that much. I would be cautious you don’t fall in love with it.

(edited by Jhoul.6923)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

On that point… I think it is fake, or an old prototype… Toooo many coincidence with the major suggestions that where made in this forum… Anet listens, but not that much. I would be cautious you don’t fall in love with it.

Are you talking about the picture? It’s definetly not fake. The Wev’s still a WIP though.

in Elementalist

Jhoul.6923

Are you talking about the picture? It’s definetly not fake. The Wev’s still a WIP though.

But…. that would mean that anet listened… and as a Elementalist I cannot hold such levels of happiness.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

But…. that would mean that anet listened… and as a Elementalist I cannot hold such levels of happiness.

Try not to overhype yourself, wait for the full details of the elite to be revealed. Personally i try to be as low in expectations as possible, that way i’m never disappointed (but can’t help to get a bit hyped with the leaks lol)

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Elementalist

RabbitUp.8294

What suggestions?

It’s just a pretty picture and a name, how do you get what the spec plays like from that alone?

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

I’m pretty sure that’s not fake.

Oh, explains why condition necros eat that build up then; honestly fire d/d sounds like a meh build to me. I use a glass staff ele (ie. the most fragile build in the game) in PvP and necros are extremely easy to kill to me. Easy to kite, and as soon as they’re low enough, blind from arcane power + air overload kills them pretty easily. The point to a proper power build isn’t to outsustain your enemy, the point is to kill them before they kill you, and you don’t need a huge amount of cleanses to do that.

in Elementalist

Jhoul.6923

What suggestions?

It’s just a pretty picture and a name, how do you get what the spec plays like from that alone?

Well is that plus the past “leak” from the skills… those 2 together are exactly what was posted in the forum long ago as a suggestion that got quite a good amount of support from the ele community… that is why i don’t think it is real.

Try not to overhype yourself, wait for the full details of the elite to be revealed. Personally i try to be as low in expectations as possible, that way i’m never disappointed (but can’t help to get a bit hyped with the leaks lol)

I’m not hyped at all, I just cant believe it… but if it turns out to be that, I’ll be happy. Again, I don’t think they are real.

in Elementalist

RabbitUp.8294

Well, mixing 2 attunements together is a pretty basic idea. Still, on that concept, I’ve seen a lot more suggestions that resembled Tempest, i.e. mixing elements for one big attack similar to overloads, while Weaver seems to be more intricate.

in Elementalist

steve.2945

I can clarify that the leak is not fake. Some people reveres searched the image on google and it came back negative, meaning there are none like it. I’m hyped just like everyone is, so ill try to contain my self alittle until a gameplay reveal.

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I can clarify that the leak is not fake. Some people reveres searched the image on google and it came back negative, meaning there are none like it. I’m hyped just like everyone is, so ill try to contain my self alittle until a gameplay reveal.

I would suggest to also hold your money in your wallet until every close to release / after release so you are sure you want to buy it.

I regret a lot having bought HoT when we had little to no information to just be disappointed by a bunch of features and the elite spec.

in Elementalist

steve.2945

I would suggest to also hold your money in your wallet until every close to release / after release so you are sure you want to buy it.

I regret a lot having bought HoT when we had little to no information to just be disappointed by a bunch of features and the elite spec.

I’m buying the expansion without a doubt, I love Gw2. The only MMO so far that has kept my attention for this long. Been playing since 2012 can’t turn my back on it now.

Proud TTS member

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

I’m pretty sure that’s not fake.

Oh, explains why condition necros eat that build up then; honestly fire d/d sounds like a meh build to me. I use a glass staff ele (ie. the most fragile build in the game) in PvP and necros are extremely easy to kill to me. Easy to kite, and as soon as they’re low enough, blind from arcane power + air overload kills them pretty easily. The point to a proper power build isn’t to outsustain your enemy, the point is to kill them before they kill you, and you don’t need a huge amount of cleanses to do that.

You just don’t get it, sword will be close range, conditions get applied before you get close enough a lot of the time or burn dodges. The current meta has so many conditions that power builds already have issues while also having water attunement and trait line. When you have to choose only 2 elements you will be left with the choice of only 1 if water line and attunement are almost mandatory to not get overloaded with conditions in seconds.

As for your statement about killing on glass staff, you must be coming up against some god aweful necros as staff is so very easy to LoS and there’s nothing you can do.

in Elementalist

Jhoul.6923

I’m buying the expansion without a doubt, I love Gw2. The only MMO so far that has kept my attention for this long. Been playing since 2012 can’t turn my back on it now.

HoT wasn’t that good at the beginning but when you look back now, after all they have done… its worth that and more.

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

HoT wasn’t that good at the beginning but when you look back now, after all they have done… its worth that and more.

I agree, if only they had balanced elite specs a little better I would say it’s one of the best expansions I’ve bought. Having said that I think that’s more of an issue with there being only 1 elite spec for each class at the moment. When we have 3 elite specs per class (damage, support, defence) it will help balance things substantially and allow for the toning down of things that are too strong in the current iteration.

I feel a little honest from ANet if this is their plan would go a long way, don’t be cryptic just outright say they plan to tone down current elite specs/make them more focused later. Ele being a great example with a support spec that is better for damage as well as support.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

You just don’t get it, sword will be close range, conditions get applied before you get close enough a lot of the time or burn dodges. The current meta has so many conditions that power builds already have issues while also having water attunement and trait line. When you have to choose only 2 elements you will be left with the choice of only 1 if water line and attunement are almost mandatory to not get overloaded with conditions in seconds.

As for your statement about killing on glass staff, you must be coming up against some god aweful necros as staff is so very easy to LoS and there’s nothing you can do.

You know I’ve actually been looking at the water skills, and I’m just wondering where is the enormous amount of self-cleanses that people keep claiming to be there. Comparing off-hand cleanses, Magnetic Wave is on a lower cooldown than Cleansing Wave, and Magnetic Wave cleanses more conditions (and it comes with Obsidian Flesh, which prevents conditions afaik). The only really strong water cleanse is on the staff, and that’s a skill better used for support and it’s on a rather large 40 second cooldown. The other strong cleanses (none of which are attunement-specific) are Ether Renewal (removing a huge 8 conditions on a very low cooldown), Cleansing Fire/Burning Fire, cantrips in general (which only need the water trait line and not the attunement), and Diamond Skin. I’m like 80% certain there’ll be at least one utility cleanse as well. So quite frankly this just seems like a load of kitten to me.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

At the rate they are destroying core ele i am not sure if there going to be any thing left for the “Weeb” line to use. I am kind of shocked they just make it a requirement to by the next expansion to even play ele any more.

in Elementalist

apharma.3741

You know I’ve actually been looking at the water skills, and I’m just wondering where is the enormous amount of self-cleanses that people keep claiming to be there. Comparing off-hand cleanses, Magnetic Wave is on a lower cooldown than Cleansing Wave, and Magnetic Wave cleanses more conditions (and it comes with Obsidian Flesh, which prevents conditions afaik). The only really strong water cleanse is on the staff, and that’s a skill better used for support and it’s on a rather large 40 second cooldown. The other strong cleanses (none of which are attunement-specific) are Ether Renewal (removing a huge 8 conditions on a very low cooldown), Cleansing Fire/Burning Fire, cantrips in general (which only need the water trait line and not the attunement), and Diamond Skin. I’m like 80% certain there’ll be at least one utility cleanse as well. So quite frankly this just seems like a load of kitten to me.

Healing:
Healing ripple:1.5-2k heal depending on HP when attuning to water
Evasive arcana: 1.5-2k heal when dodging in water attunement
Elemental attunement: regeneration when attuning to water
Cleansing wave: 1.5-2k heal on dagger 5 in water attunement
Soothing mist: you and nearby allies regenerate health while attuned to water

This forms a core part of elementalist sustain, the buffs to GoEH might make it a viable/competitive sustain option for power specs though, especially if traited. However permenant regen, soothing mist and the signet heal can give you about 500-600 hp/s health regeneration with some extra done via attuning to water or doing something in water.

Cleanses:
Cleansing water: cleanse a condition whenever you grant regeneration.
Soothing disruption: cantrips grant regeneration
Elemental Attunement: regen on attuning to water
Evasive arcana: casts cleansing wave on dodge in water attunement (cures 1)
Cleansing wave: cures 2 conditions
Soothing Ice: gain regeneration and frost aura when crit.

What this amounts to is cleansing a condition about every 11s when attuning to water.
Cleansing 1 condition everytime you dodge in water, about every 11s.
Soothing ice gives you regen every 20s so that’s another condi clear every 20s.
This gives you nearly an 8k heal and 5 conditions cleansing for doing your normal rotation, every 20s.
It also gives you a cleanse on every utility usually as cantrips are just that much better unless going tempest and enhances cleansing/burning fire while reducing their cool downs.

There’s also some combos that grant extra regeneration, earth auto while in healing rain grants regen per hit cleansing another 2-3 conditions. It combos well with tempest and invigorating torrents as well as overload water cleansing even more.

I know the strength of a traited magnetic wave and it’s certainly an option however in general focus offers very little offense and all defence. Depending on the 2 attunements you pick it can either be good or bad as fire focus skills are largely pants but air can at least set up a burst with the 2s knockdown and the projectile hate is decent. The trait burning fire is already taken in most DD builds already and traited to a lower CD and an extra cleanse by taking water trait line.

When you ditch the water trait line and water attunement you lose out a cleanse per utility skill, bonus cleanse on your trait burning fire as well as longer CD, 2 cleanses and 4k heal every 11s or so.

To put it in perspective most damage/roamer builds in WvW can cleanse at least 10 conditions every 30s, most builds even more than that because that is what is needed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kayros.6173

Kayros.6173

Hi, guys. After much turning around I think I understand how the new Elite of our beloved Elementalist works. First of all clarify that this is MY THEORY as systems analyst and player.

Well, the rumors and filtered images suggest that the Elementalist will have:
Sword of a hand
Only 2 Elements at a time
The third skill will be different
Mantras

There is much controversy for this since the grace of the Ele, is to have 4 elements, which gives about 20 abilities. And according to the rumors having only 2 elements will reduce the amount of skills to only 10 (plus the 5 support)
But how about if they would continue using the 4?

I think what you will have is a CHANGE OF WEAPON, maintaining the same 20 abilities. Remember that the reason why the Elementalist DO NOT change weapons is to have so many tunings. If at 20 we add a change of weapon would be 40
But it seems to me that the idea will be that the elements will be divided into the weapon changes. That is to say that they will be 2 Elements for one set of weapon and 2 for the other one and the third ability of a set would be interchanged with the one of that in off

Let’s take an example:
Staff and dagger / focus
Fire and water would be available ONLY with baculo, although the 3 of baculo would be really 3 dagger
Air and land would be with Dagger / Focus with Baculo 3 available.
With this we would have an interesting combination that mixes and collects everything that is known until now and fits it to what would be a WEAVER (This will be called the new spec supposedly
They would be the same 20 abilities that were distributed between the two weapon combinations. A great change no doubt. And a way in which developers work (as I said they are systems analyst and I think this will be so)
What do you think?

PD: Sorry I do not speak English and I use Y-Y translator

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Based on the name, thematic concept and artwork, I think it’s pretty clear what Anet intends to do.

The charge skills are Flash Enchantments. One thing that might help Ele survivability would be a Toughness buff depending on how many charges are active, similar to the GW1 Dervish.

Attunements are changing to a “woven” combination, and likely means we can only switch between two pre-determined combos of Air/Water and Earth/Fire. Number of skills would increase if we can mix and match (i.e. Air/Fire, Earth/Water, etc.) but would open up many more tactical options.

The skill 3 is a “combo skill” based on off-hand ONLY when Sword main-hand is used. Since Sword can only be equipped with the new spec, and given the above, that would likely only mean 4 new 1-2 static skills, with the glut of design coming from the #3 combo skill and Weaver options for the other weapons.

One way to avoid a massive influx of new skills would be to simply add effects to existing skills. This would mean paring down weapon options. Staff would only have ten skills instead of 20, so effects from the different attunements would need to be combined. This means of course that Anet would have to select which skills on each weapon carry over to the new spec’s system.

Example1:

Fireball would add a Weaken effect (thanks to Earth), while Static Field would Regenerate and cure conditions on allies (thanks to Water). Stoning and Healing Rain wouldn’t be options while Weaver was the chosen spec.

Example2:

Stoning would add a Burning effect (thanks to Fire), while Healing Rain would stun foes crossing it (thanks to Air), and Static Field and Fireball would be unavailable.

Given the reduction in Attunements and overall skills, it’s likely either skills will be buffed on each weapon while in Weaver spec, or weapon swap will be enabled.

in Elementalist

Jhoul.6923

If elementalist get weapon switch I would die… in the moment… just… X___X,

I would love that.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I would also greatly like it if the two selected elements can have different weapon sets ….

A flaming sword and a dagger in fire and my scepter/focus in earth … Might feel really good :-)

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

If I remember correctly, a leaker mentioned it had no weapon swap, but I think the same person referred to those utilities as “mantras” (when all available details points to them not being mantras).

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

In other words, we have Revevant 2.0 as an elite…

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

Not exactly. For one thing, eles still have customizable utilities and one weapon with two attunements, whereas revenants have set utilities and two weapons. In fact it’d be more accurate to compare them to thieves due to the fusion skills.

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

In other words, we have Revevant 2.0 as an elite…

Most revs only run there elite version. There also no upkeep the main thing behind rev.

It seems more like a thf with the combo 3 skill with a bit of mez in there with mantras. I guess the atument combo are rev like in the chose.

So its kind of confusing what its off class is maybe its just a ele / non ele with a mix of other classes.