new elementalist specialization leaks

in Elementalist

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

The skills are not mantras, they are probably skills that have charges with seperate cooldown. If someone plays LoL here, there are several skills that work like that (like Akali R).

Reason being is that the skills in the UI shot had charges on them, so if they were Mantras, they would be in their charged mode. Mantras have different icons for charged and non-charged mode, so we wouldn’t be seeing the same icons in the specialization wheel, they should have been the default (uncharged) icons. So, they are not mantras.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Why do this for eles? Why give sword for eles? Anet will just make sure ele has the least amount of diversity of builds (like they’ve done since beta) so expect sword to be underwhelming. In a game full of conditions, blocking and boon stealing, ele can barely hold up. Let’s just hope this will open up a world of diversity and NOT just in PvE.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The stupid thing seems to be: PvE players are less concerned about diversity within a class. They want gear and skins and be unique. It´s the WvW and PvP players that want diffrent builds viable…..
Or do i see that wrong?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

That’s more or less the way I see it. For the most part, all that matters in PvE is whatever grants the most DPS anyway.

If this spec provides a lot of diversity, it’ll probably be through the profession mechanic and utilities, rather than the sword.

in Elementalist

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

The stupid thing seems to be: PvE players are less concerned about diversity within a class. They want gear and skins and be unique. It´s the WvW and PvP players that want diffrent builds viable…..
Or do i see that wrong?

Thats a fairly bad generalization.
A lot of PvErs want classes to be able to cover different roles more effective.

Currently there is a best in slot that just completely overshadows everything else…
– chrono is the best tank as it can provide quickness and alacrity to the group while it also doesnt have a dps role that it can provide the same buffs. So, as long as no one can provide quickness or alacrity like chrono, and chrono cant do it while doing decent dps, chrono will be the tank.
– Ele could be healer but as druid can heal while providing great boons (GotL), ele will be kept as dps as druid can’t dps and give GotL to the party.

So yea, people on PvE would love for more variety on classes roles but this won’t be successful if the buff distribution can’t be properly maintained.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

Diversity… you are talking about a class that was the main reason why they took celestial stats out of pvp because it had to much of everything.

We elementalist ARE the definition of Diversity in the game. Why the hell we have gotten over 1+ years of patches that the majority has been nerfs?

Hint: It was not because we are bad or anet is bad. It was because even with a stat selection that focused on healing and tanking we were able to still be top dmg.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

It was because even with a stat selection that focused on healing and tanking we were able to still be top dmg.

Riiiight…

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

Diversity… you are talking about a class that was the main reason why they took celestial stats out of pvp because it had to much of everything.

We elementalist ARE the definition of Diversity in the game. Why the hell we have gotten over 1+ years of patches that the majority has been nerfs?

Hint: It was not because we are bad or anet is bad. It was because even with a stat selection that focused on healing and tanking we were able to still be top dmg.

They’re talking about a variety of builds, not one build that can do a bit of everything. I’d imagine part of why Cele eles were so good in PvP was because the celestial amulet arbitrarily gave 900~ more stats than any other pvp amulet in the game. The devs probably should’ve tried tweaking that before removing it.

in Elementalist

lLobo.7960

I’d imagine part of why Cele eles were so good in PvP was because the celestial amulet arbitrarily gave 900~ more stats than any other pvp amulet in the game. The devs probably should’ve tried tweaking that before removing it.

No. Celestial has low stats.
The reason why ele was so good with celestial was that it could use all the stats and supplement the low values by generating boons.
– The low power and condi dmg was covered by constant 15+ might stacks
– The low precision covered by constant fury
– The low armor was covered by constant protection and frost aura
– The low healing by 3 different sources of regen (boon, water, signet) and 3 supplementary heals (EA, dagger 2 and dagger 5 in water)
– All this improved by arcane tree lowering CD on attunements, skills having a good balance of direct and condi dmg and the disengage capacity of the d/d set.

Other classes also benefit a lot from Cele, most of all, engi and warrior. Rev would probably be a good candidate too…

The thing with cele, is not that it gives more stats overall, is that the low particular stats can be supplemented by easy access to boons and diverse dmg source to create a great all-around builds if you can use all stats properly… And ele is great at that.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

No. Celestial has low stats.

No, it doesn’t.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Berserker_Amulet
1200 + 900 + 900 = 3000

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Celestial_Amulet
560 × 7 = 3920

3920 > 3000

Yes, the stats worked well with eles, but having 920 more stats than everyone else certainly pushed them into the “braindead overpowered” area.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

It has higher number total, but lower values for each stat. So if you can’t take advantage of them all, it’s equivalent to having lower stats.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

the total says no much…. On a class with active defence an if you can play well then more focus on damage wins … I can have 2000 more stats and won´t win. Dodge, block and kill in 5 seconds …. Normaly focus on one thing outshines trying to do all. Ele with its 4 element playstyle was able to utilize all stats to make a top bruiser. An it was not braindead …. It´s actually a high skill need to be at this OP level….

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

It has higher number total, but lower values for each stat. So if you can’t take advantage of them all, it’s equivalent to having lower stats.

Except eles can definitely take advantage of them all, so it’s not the equivalent of having lower stats. Either way, you’re not gonna (for example) take a berserker amulet on a healing build and go “Oh, the amulet has stats that are useless to you, so it’s the equivalent to having lower stats”. Just because damage stats are useless on a healer does not make the berserker amulet have “lower stats”. You take whichever amulet gives the stats you need, there is absolutely no reason for the celestial amulet to have given more. If you decide to spread your stats, then enjoy the consequences that might arise.

An it was not braindead …. It´s actually a high skill need to be at this OP level….

It was one of the easiest builds to play, don’t even pretend otherwise. :p

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

DW with current skills would be great as is.
Pretty certain sword is happening.
Pretty certain we’re going to stay with fire as a main condi spec.
IDK what to make of mantras.

For the dual attune setup I’d go F/A staff, E/W d/f for a dps that can bail out danger when needed. The stat setup is yet to be determined, pending new condi specs.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DirtyDan.4759

DirtyDan.4759

I don’t see how Ele with sword won’t be any different than a mix of mainhand dagger and Warrior sword.

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

It sounds boring and same-y to me too, but I guess only time will tell what it’s like.

in Elementalist

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

It’s almost like the game follows set patterns like swords always having gap closers on them…

in Elementalist

Fashion Mage.3712

It’s almost like the game follows set patterns like swords always having gap closers on them…

So it’ll be exactly like the dagger then, in other words.

in Elementalist

lLobo.7960

I don’t think it will be the same as dagger.

If sword follows other sword skills in the game then it would give ele somethings that we are missing like:
– 3-step chain auto-attack
– flurry channeled attacks (maybe parried with evade)
– evade attacks (with flury or movement)

and some things we have on other weapons but could always use some more:
– big hit finisher attack (like fire grab
– movement skills (we have some gap closers but could use more re-positioning ones such as thief or ranger sword skils)

Dagger is more a low-to-mid range PBAoE weapon, sword (again, if it follows the others in game instead of reinventing the wheel) would be a front-cone melee 3 target cleave weapon…

in Elementalist

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

I just hope it’s not going to force us to be support in pvp. I hope it will open doors for new build diversity and not strictly healing/support.

in Elementalist

lLobo.7960

I just hope it’s not going to force us to be support in pvp. I hope it will open doors for new build diversity and not strictly healing/support.

What locks ele on a support role in PvP is the lack of a set (ammy/runes/sigils) that can provide enough defense for it to survive while also giving enough offense for it to hit hard enough.
The problem here is that if you give that to the current ele, with its 4 attunements available, you have a very powerful combo good at nearly everything (aka cele dd). So you have to go defensive to be viable, and if you go defense, might as well go support. You can go burst and hit like a truck, but you will also die anytime a ranger pet or a thief looks at you funny.

By the leaks, the new spec locks you in 2 attunments, so it could provide enough defense/mobility to make it viable for pvp eles to use some more offensive sets. Or maybe we will get some new 5 stats sets with semi-cele on pvp (pow-pre-vit-tou-heal?) that will make the ele bruiser viable again…