old school d/d elementalist roaming build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

so with the recent changes hot has brought to other professions and the removal of guard stacks, i have been trying to come up with a new gear set for my d/d elementalist, theres been a huge power creep lately, and because d/d elementalists only have a few damage negating abilities besides dodges, its become increasingly hard to survive in this new meta.

so basically ive been toying about with some new gear sets to increase my vitality and armor while keeping my damage high enough to finish people quickly, heres the build

http://tinyurl.com/ohsdmf2

im not sure if i should be aiming for more crit damage as 170% seems a little low.

and im still not 100% sure on the exuberance runes, there overall a nice boost to my vitality, and i still keep a decent amount of power, but is the extra vitality really worth losing the might stacking i would get from strength?

has anybody else found a better way to gear themselves for the new meta? and what would you change :P!

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

in Elementalist

Posted by: Katrina.8702

Katrina.8702

I dunno man.. I’ve been playing with similar stats for a long time with Vitality of 1560 (with food).. My base stats are similar but I normally have lower precision and higher ferocity. Cele gears are still way to go for DD imo.

But really, I think classic DD ele is just in a bad spot for roaming cuz other Elite specs have improved their roaming/dueling capability while Tempest hasn’t (well, at least not as much for sure). That was probably my biggest gripe for the expansion.

I dont think stats are really the problem. I’ve tried focusing on diff stats, be it power, toughness, or whatever, but I’ve felt that any capable roamer would have upper hand.

At any rate, at this point I think Tempest might be better so I’m messing with with aura healing and fresh air but different diff trait combo brings diff deficiency (condi clear, lack of damage, lack of stab and etc).

For runes, I think Strength is still the best. I don’t think extra vitality really outweighs the might duration/damage. Anyways, good luck to you :/

[One] DD Ele – SBI