(open inv., search dagger, press RMB, equip offhand, close inv.) x243464 times

in Elementalist

Posted by: msoltyspl.4135

msoltyspl.4135

And overall – regarding all weapon combinations (that would be 5 in case of elementalist). For the greater good of players’ sanity (at lest those that do use different weapons depending on situation they see around) – please add shortcuts for weapon presets outside combat. With ability to pin down the weapon to particular slot in inventory (so whenever unequipped, it goes back to that one [invisible] bag and its slot).

Sure it’s a detail, but it’s mighty frustrating detail when you are forced to do that many dozens time a day. And it’s beneficial for all classes of course.

(edited by Moderator)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anndy.5632

Anndy.5632

i’d prefer if they just let us swap, very annoying to have to back off and wait for aggro to go away

in Elementalist

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

Presets for all classes are more reasonable to other classes given ArenaNet has stated that they didn’t let us have 2 weapon swaps for balance the game reasons.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shelv.3754

Shelv.3754

They should let us swap weapons like every other class but in our case only once we have lost all aggro

in Elementalist

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

Agree with Shelv… If they want to talk balance, look at Engineer unlimited Fury, Might, Swiftness, Vigor because 0 cooldown on kits.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I see no reason why we shouldn`t have weapon swap, at least once out of combat.
Worst is getting stuck in combat, having to find some critter or just /sit & die & then search through all the junk in bags, find items, right click, left click, then set about what we were doing ten minutes ago

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Abra.5230

Abra.5230

They should let us swap weapons like every other class but in our case only once we have lost all aggro

Agree with Shelv… If they want to talk balance, look at Engineer unlimited Fury, Might, Swiftness, Vigor because 0 cooldown on kits.

No.

It’s either weapon presets for everyone or nothing at all.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iylas.9074

Iylas.9074

I personally have salvaged my ‘current’ dagger at least 3 times while leveling because of this.

If the darn thing would go into a particular location, it would be one thing, but when I swap to a staff my dagger drops into a magical location in my bag that is almost impossible to find in a pinch.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kraigan.6057

Kraigan.6057

Accidentally sold one of my daggers once due to no out of combat weapon swap. When you equip a staff after dual wielding, the offhand weapon does not go into your invisible bag slot unlike your main hand weapon. Sucks trying to search your bags for weapon sets.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Melesie.5723

Melesie.5723

It’s either weapon presets for everyone or nothing at all.

Agreed. (though I would prefer those weapon presets over nothing :P )

We already have more skills with single weapon set than other classes with two weapon sets. And it comes at the expense of having less freedom to choose these skills, so I believe this is nothing to whine about.

The only nuisance is related to changing weapons outside combat, especially when you have a lot of similarly looking items in your bags. And this is something other classes suffer from as well.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluebird.1890

Bluebird.1890

I personally have salvaged my ‘current’ dagger at least 3 times while leveling because of this.

If the darn thing would go into a particular location, it would be one thing, but when I swap to a staff my dagger drops into a magical location in my bag that is almost impossible to find in a pinch.

Fix: Invest in an Invisible Bag. Put that bag at the LAST bag slot, and put anything you want to keep in that bag. When you double click the weapon, your other weapon will replace the one currently slotted.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

i’d prefer if they just let us swap, very annoying to have to back off and wait for aggro to go away

Too powerful. Ele’s should NOT be able to weapon swap while in combat.

But I wholeheartedly support an out-of-combat swap feature one a moderate cooldown (say like 2-3 minutes or so).

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Fix: Invest in an Invisible Bag. Put that bag at the LAST bag slot, and put anything you want to keep in that bag. When you double click the weapon, your other weapon will replace the one currently slotted.

Doesn’t work. For example, I have dual-daggers equipped, open my inventory, equip a staff. Now one of the daggers is in the lower bag (where my staff was) and the other is somewhere randomly in my top pack scattered amongst the vendor junk and collectibles.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

in Elementalist

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I would prefer to have weapon swapping in combat like everyone else, it’s really annoying to not be able to switch. I feel like I’m losing out on a lot when I can’t switch, since each weapon has a certain range and a certain style attached to it. So while we may get 20 skills worth in one weapon, the style and range changes that other classes get from switching is a big deal and often offers a more important variety and versatility in combat than our attunements.

Although as far as accidentally selling it, they have “invisible” bags. I’m a tailor and just discovered the recipe randomly, but it’s an 8 slot bag in which anything you put in there never shows up in the sell to vendor screen.

in Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

If you want the style of another class, play it, I love how the elementalist plays.

Having both daggers go into my invisible bag would be nice though it’s pretty simple to just change your weapon and then put your dagger in the bag before messing around with salvaging.

It’s not hard.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com