option of arcane wave being ground targetable

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

I’ve seen some comments that people hate it they have to double click twice now. I can understand that some people actually like this change but that doesn’t mean the majority of ele players have to suffer because of them. It’s really annoying when you are trying to perform a might stack combo.

Please make it an option like you are able to watch condi’s in the old way and the new way.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

if it were that simple to implement then sure
i’d also say add a little checkbox on distance traveling auto-target skills such as ride the lightening or fiery rush as Most times i use them in a purely mobile fashion yet i do utilize the auto-target system for a number of other skills that need it

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

...never considered this. I love the new functionality, but allowing ground-targeted skills to become auto-point-blank would be pretty useful in some situations - ctrl+right click turns it on, since they can’t be set to autoattack anyway?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

You can use fast casting and semi fast casting for ground targeted skills anyway. Somehow I also find it hard to believe that the majority of ele players hate this update.

Edit: by this update, I mean the change to this skill specifically

(edited by Navzar.2938)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fishbones.6914

Fishbones.6914

You can use fast casting and semi fast casting for ground targeted skills anyway. Somehow I also find it hard to believe that the majority of ele players hate this update.

what he said! use fast ground targeting… pretty much what you are asking for

FC [yarr] ele-Vitamin Deeez

in Elementalist

Bsgapollo.5364

what he said! use fast ground targeting… pretty much what you are asking for

no because that would change every other ground targetable skill as well lol, and it’s still different then actually being instant since I have to get my mouse right.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Which is a very small amount of time. You can just do it while you’re casting the field too.

in Elementalist

Bsgapollo.5364

Which is a very small amount of time. You can just do it while you’re casting the field too.

That’s a good suggestion actually, nonetheless, I still prefer the old way

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I haven’t used the new way much, but I think it’s interesting. I don’t disagree with the change, as it allows eles to be more versatile. Cast a fire field then run from the warrior, burst from 600 range after a dodge roll and still get the might stack. I like the thought, and fast cast targeting is wonderful.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gorani.7205

Gorani.7205

I have adapted to click twice now, but it does not the solve the problem of being useless under water. Unless I am in shallow water, I can’t target a foe and will just blast pretty textures on the sea bottom. That issue needs to be resolved.

Member of The Guildwars Online Guild [GWO]
Still keeps a volume of Kurzick poems ;)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I have adapted to click twice now, but it does not the solve the problem of being useless under water. Unless I am in shallow water, I can’t target a foe and will just blast pretty textures on the sea bottom. That issue needs to be resolved.

An extremely, extremely good point. I unfortunately see this skill being removed from underwater play, though.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

in Elementalist

Posted by: vanensang.1389

vanensang.1389

I think that ground-target Arcane Wave is really awesome combined with “Elemental Surge”. Its a step into the right direction.

As a PvP/WvW player I don’t play underwater at all.

Since Scepter/Dagger or Dagger/Dagger pushed the Elementalist into a melee combat I think its also a good skill for Staff-wielders now.

Kodash [DE]
Avallora Erasleigh // e
Tara Airgetlám // m

(edited by vanensang.1389)

in Elementalist

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

An extremely, extremely good point. I unfortunately see this skill being removed from underwater play, though.

This is because balance for underwater combat isn’t going to be achieved at all quickly, so underwater skills just aren’t looked at – I expect if someone should find an exploit that uses one, they’ll get changed, but otherwise they’re really not a priority and standard combat gets most focus.

A revert for underwater Glyph of Renewal and Arcane Wave would definitely be nice though – both have moved from caster-centered to ground-targeted, and then become unusable underwater.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

i miss being able to use it underwater. at the very least, it should be reverted for underwater since its useless now. We have no blast finisher for underwater combat now, and no, don’t even suggest that pile of horse crap new heal. The change to arcane wave only helped staff users, but screwed everyone else over. i’ve stopped using it and just use arcane blast now when i run my d/d burst build, which although great for a scepter build, is nowhere near as good as the aoe burst from arcane wave when you dive into a group of people. I want it reverted back or atleast have an option to turn it back so the few who like this change can keep it and the rest of us can use the better old version of it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Primernova.5791

Primernova.5791

I fixed this problem by uninstalling.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Clivar.3176

Clivar.3176

I always used smart casting and I have had no issue what so ever with this change.. guys you just have to get used to it

in Elementalist

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

This was part of my bombing combo but now it’s a pain to get it off.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kamui.3150

Kamui.3150

My personal suggestion is to have it point-blank if you tap the button, and if you hold it for half a second it turns into ground-target.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I didn’t like it at first but I got used to it. And it can now blast your own waterfields at a distance – very nice.

in Elementalist

Posted by: rsq.3581

rsq.3581

You guys do realize that this was a giant, massive, huge buff to the skill? I don’t understand why so many people are complaining — if you wanted to play a class that didn’t require skill shots and tons of APMs the ele probably isn’t the best class for you anyway.

Besides, instant cast targeting is what everyone should aim for eventually, anyway.

Salphir | Salfir | Falana
jo0 Binder