Morozzko.2136

3 stacks of fire per second op

Main Engi, all other 80

pls nerf elem fire circle

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bandit.8279

Bandit.8279

Stop walking across it silly. When your mom tells you the stove top is hot it means do not touch!

Fools N Gold [FNG] of Tarnished Coast

in Elementalist

Posted by: Prism.5649

Prism.5649

Stop walking across it silly. When your mom tells you the stove top is hot it means do not touch!

This.

The circle only applies three stacks of burning when the ability is initially cast. After that, you only get new stacks of burning if you stand on the actual ring. Standing inside the ring does NOT give you further stacks.

In the future it may be better to learn how an ability works before crying for a nerf.

Prismatic Storm: Ele
Prismatic Science: Engi
Prismatic Dream: Mesmer

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

This.

The circle only applies three stacks of burning when the ability is initially cast. After that, you only get new stacks of burning if you stand on the actual ring. Standing inside the ring does NOT give you further stacks.

In the future it may be better to learn how an ability works before crying for a nerf.

It doesn’t even really give the 3 seconds on cast normally. Normally it is just a minor direct damage component on cast. Then once it is set it burns every time you pass through it without dodging. The one exception to where it burns on cast is if the target is standing exactly where the edge of the ring spawns, so you need to be a fairly specific distance from the ele, not too far or too close.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lindsey.9637

Lindsey.9637

Easy to avoid.

in Elementalist

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

This guy nailed it. Clearly it doesn’t matter how op a skill is. Heck, it could even put an instant 25 stacks of burning. The point is, you can dodge across it so learn to play and you won’t have this problem.

#Balance

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Elementalist

Posted by: atreyu.9624

atreyu.9624

I barely see anyone walking through it when I solo roam in wvw sadly for me. Let alone multiple times like probably the op does.

little big wizard – Eu

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I also have no Problems with it. If he catches me inside i just stand and fire at him. But thats because i use a ranged weapon. When he comes in to breath i dodge out. So while eles can burn hard, i donĀ“t feel they realy hit me with it when i keep moving/dodging.
The anoying thing on eles is, that they regenereate and cleanse like having troll blood.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

ele main arguments
“it’s easily avoidable L2P u suxx”

- Being avoidable is not the point, with only 15sec recharge it simply can’t be as good as purging flame period.
- It’s not necessarly visible during teamfights if there’s mesmer clones or minionmancers OR if there’s 1 elementalist in each team and you don’t know whose is it?
It can be used to you advantage to deal insane damage, way too much for a tank, because burning being like THE op condition that even +560 celestial gear makes it hurt real bad.
But that’s not all the infinite braindead might stacking adds up that’s now a total of 1310 condi dmg!!!
Needless to say such a number is about equal to most condi burst builds including carion guardian. Totally fair indeed that a profession with evades built in skills, infinite might, inifnite condi clear, mobility, perma stability etc etc… can also burst like a normal class.
I suggest you check out the 5 ele team on the go4gw2 replays, that was hilarious.

On my ele I win duels by literally facerolling 1-5, sadly.
Other class you must adapt, on ele others adapt to you.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

ele main arguments

- Being avoidable is not the point, with only 15sec recharge it simply can’t be as good as purging flame period.
- It’s not necessarly visible during teamfights if there’s mesmer clones or minionmancers OR if there’s 1 elementalist in each team and you don’t know whose is it?
It can be used to you advantage to deal insane damage, way too much for a tank, because burning being like THE op condition that even +560 celestial gear makes it hurt real bad.
But that’s not all the infinite braindead might stacking adds up that’s now a total of 1310 condi dmg!!!
Needless to say such a number is about equal to most condi burst builds including carion guardian. Totally fair indeed that a profession with evades built in skills, infinite might, inifnite condi clear, mobility, perma stability etc etc… can also burst like a normal class.
I suggest you check out the 5 ele team on the go4gw2 replays, that was hilarious.

Are you playing on lowest possible setting with 5 fps? Other than that I cannot imagine how you’re not able to see the giant flamey ring. And sorry, if someone complains about something that’s one of the easiest thing in game to dodge, hard to take them seriously. They do need to fix the bug, though.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

I’m all for nerfing ele but ring of fire is stupidly easy to play against. The only reason why you’re winning duels by facerolling if you’re a player who thinks rof is op is either because

1. Your opponents have no idea how ele works. Or
2. You’re being carried by celestial sustain on ele

Probably both.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

As a necro:

You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out, ya do the hokey pokey and you send it all back out.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Elementalist

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Are you playing on lowest possible setting with 5 fps? Other than that I cannot imagine how you’re not able to see the giant flamey ring. And sorry, if someone complains about something that’s one of the easiest thing in game to dodge, hard to take them seriously. They do need to fix the bug, though.

No need to imagine anything I did say how it happens, if you don’t read what I said don’t comment condescendingly, clones, several ele.
It’s not particularly easy to dodge sounds like you’re desperately crying to try remain op. Dont worry nerf IS coming.
And then dare to talk about
how being taken seriously lmao cute

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

No need to imagine anything I did say how it happens, if you don’t read what I said don’t comment condescendingly, clones, several ele.
It’s not particularly easy to dodge sounds like you’re desperately crying to try remain op. Dont worry nerf IS coming.
And then dare to talk about
how being taken seriously lmao cute

You cannot see Ring of fire because of clones? How do you even play the game? Try hotjoin, it might help you to actually figure out what the hell you’re doing in the game.

Totally, I don’t play the game anymore so don’t care much, but if someone cannot dodge Ring of fire, then they have lots of practising to do. How hard is it to dodge over a stationary ring? Time to be honest with yourself

in Elementalist

Posted by: Riranor.6315

Riranor.6315

As a mesmer, necro, and engineer player for pvp… Ele’s arent as hard as people say. RoF isnt why they are good either, at least not the burning from it, and 2 of my classes lack condition clear! If you can’t lesrn to avoid an RoF in a situation then you aren’t a good combatant. RoF is good because its a fire field, sole reason, otherwise it would be lacking.

Crystal Desert Server, one of each classes at 80
Main Mesmer PVE, Necro and Engineer PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

ele main arguments

The hyperbole is real. But you have a point, ease of avoidance should not play a factor in determining the power of a skill, only cool down and damage dealt if landed. By this logic, lets also nerf dragon’s tooth, churning earth, and lava font because so much damage against dumb people. By your logic kill shot also needs a serious nerf, I can’t pay attention to that warrior way off to the side during a team fight and it can pretty much one shot anything squishy.

As for the point about comparing it to purging flames, it isn’t better, it isn’t worse it is just different. Ring of fire has the advantage of a shorter cool down, and shorter cast time, both obviously significant advantages. Purging flames on the other hand has 3 significant advantages: Cleansing conditions on both user and allies, actually burns on spawn, not just when people walk through it, and is ground targeted. Condition cleanse is obviously a huge advantage. Burning on initial spawn means you can actually land the burning reliably on people who actually know not to walk through it. And ground targetting is actually a massive advantage as it allows you to use it on kiting enemies. Additionally putting it on an enemy trying to run away is nearly guaranteed to land 6 stacks of burning from the initial cast and positioning it so that wall spawns right in front of where they are about to run. You cannot achieve that reliability with ring of fire without comboing it with lightning flash, and that will still only land you 3 stacks of burning on the target.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

Condition damage by design ignores toughness. One of the counters is to invest in vitality.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

It is perfectly fine and balanced. Only the new players do not realise how to avoid it. Plus it only lasts for like what, 5 seconds?

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

Fire Circle isn’t the only problem but it certainly is a part of it. I remember a time when playing Ele took skill… now you get damage and survivability handed to you on a silver plater and while winning a fight against an Ele isn’t impossible, it’s a steep uphill battle. Whenever I hop on my D/D Ele, I just get so bored. The fights are so easy to win and it’s not even satisfying. Either way, balancing is coming and hopefully when they do, I’ll know that when I win with my Ele, it’s because I outplayed them and not because I mindlessly applied burns and blinds while facerolling through my attunements.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

It is perfectly fine and balanced. Only the new players do not realise how to avoid it. Plus it only lasts for like what, 5 seconds?

The problem of RoF is not only the damage (why you can force the enemy to cross it with Updraft, knocking him back), it’s it’s duration and recharge rate.
A lot of cele ele now use Pyromancer’s Training and Persisting Flames, that make you able to active it every 10 sec and lat it 7-8 seconds (in the calculator it’s 8 sec but 5+2=7).
That make you able to take the opponent always on a fire ring, making it unable to move unless he want to wast a dodge or be damaged (3.3k damage in 5 sec without might stack, in celestial, that’s a lot of damage for just a barely passive skill).

And it’s a Fire Field, making you able to have always a field to blast to obtain might or leap to obtain the fire aura.

Here we need a nerf not in damage but in Duration.

Solution:
Increase the recharge of the skill pu to 24sec (16 sec if traited) and reduce the RoF duration to 3 sec (5 if traited).

That will make the skill not be dangerous like it is (actually IS OP by it’s AoE effect, radius, duration and recharge) and make eles unable to stack all that might that make them OP with a celestial amulet.
Seriously: a ele can stack and mantain in a fight up to 25 stack of might, making it deal in Fire Attunement the same damage of a berserker build (with a large amount of passive effects by traitline) and the same damage of a condition build.

Nerfing the duration of that skill we can find the solution to all the problems of the OPness of the eles in spvp, making them forced to chose between bunker, condition damage or direct damage, without making them always able to take them all at once.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Petoox.6570

Petoox.6570

Reason why I think it’s stupid skill is because if you teleport through it (same thing with guardian’s utility skill idk about name), like inside and out of it with Thief Sword #2 you still get those stacks of burning, always I just don’t have enough endurance or initiative to dodge out of it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: vanderwolf.7084

vanderwolf.7084

I’ve played almost every class before making an ele.

I have only died to eles on my ranger.

So I say this with the utmost thought and concern….

Get good.

It isn’t hard to dodge. Compared to other skills it isn’t tons of burn stacks

And honestly, if your default method of fighting a /D ele is “oh I’m going to get in close and smash them” you’re doing it wrong. Be smarter, otherwise you’re just terrible.