question about a skill

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Josh.6213

Josh.6213

wondering what a certin skill was i was in pvp and thier was a ele that jumped in the air then hit me……on my bunker guardian i got hit for almost 15K and on my mesmer it killed all my illusion and me in 1 hit and then when i tried to fight the guy i was barely putting any damage on him im not flaming or saying thier is something wrong im just wondering was build and skill this could be thnak you

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Highlet.8039

Highlet.8039

Churning earth most likely. AOE ability with a 3 1/4 s. cast time, large area of effect, applies bleed stacks as well as direct damage and is typically initiated outside of combat and then the ele uses lightening flash to teleport in to the target area.

If he hit you that hard, one or both of you must be glass.

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

It was probably this combo.

(edited by Cosmic Teapot.9162)

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sifu.6527

Sifu.6527

Churning earth most likely. AOE ability with a 3 1/4 s. cast time, large area of effect, applies bleed stacks as well as direct damage and is typically initiated outside of combat and then the ele uses lightening flash to teleport in to the target area.

He said jump in the air so I’m assuming earthquake + LF + CF + Fire grab.

CE doesn’t hit for 15K but fire grab can.

This guy got owned in pvp and is QQing and trolling. His combat log would clearly tell him which ability hit for 15k.

Nothing to see here, move along.

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Josh.6213

He said jump in the air so I’m assuming earthquake + LF + CF + Fire grab.

CE doesn’t hit for 15K but fire grab can.

This guy got owned in pvp and is QQing and trolling. His combat log would clearly tell him which ability hit for 15k.

Nothing to see here, move along.

lol im not trolling i was simply asking people who play eles because i do not

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I have another question. I have equipped scepter and dagger and I am attuned to air.
When I use skill number 5 (Updraft) it rolls me quite a few meters back.. in my opinion that’s not very helpful because I am activating it to run faster forwards, not to be pushed back (looks like a dodge backwards) and then run to where I stand before and after that I am able to use it as I wanted it.
Instead of 10,5 seconds I am able to run faster for around 8s due to its countdown by activating.
Is that working as intended? If yes there is a lack in description and it should be added that it pushes you back before you are able to run faster.

(edited by Navi.7142)

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Highlet.8039

Highlet.8039

Updraft is working as intended.

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Weird.
But thanks anyway for your reply.

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Weird.

training.
updraft put you in perfect range for burning speed. +10 experience points for you!

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Weird.

And since you are S/D, Rtl → Updraft → Fire Attunement → Dragon’s Tooth → Ring of Fire → Phoenix is a very nice combo, all spells will deal damage before your opponent can get up.

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Khalic.3561

Khalic.3561

I have another question. I have equipped scepter and dagger and I am attuned to air.
When I use skill number 5 (Updraft) it rolls me quite a few meters back.. in my opinion that’s not very helpful because I am activating it to run faster forwards, not to be pushed back (looks like a dodge backwards) and then run to where I stand before and after that I am able to use it as I wanted it.
Instead of 10,5 seconds I am able to run faster for around 8s due to its countdown by activating.
Is that working as intended? If yes there is a lack in description and it should be added that it pushes you back before you are able to run faster.

The primary purpose of the skill is its blowback, not the swiftness. That said, if you run through your target before hitting updraft it will propel you forward.

Khyla Shadowsong ~ Charr Ele, Engi, Mes, Ranger, Guard, Thief, War, Necro
Northern Shiverpeaks ~ [dO] Drop Otter

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Josh.6213

has this been changed? have been trying to do earthe quake then ride the litning just to see and it wont let me till after the skill is done

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dark.6250

Dark.6250

You can use this skill in 2 ways.

1. Ride the lightning wait one sec (so you know your updraft is gonna hit) then updraft to knock back lay down your combo field the lay the smack down with some finishers.

The reason you go backwards is so you got time to get your combo field out and start with some finishers.

2. Updraft can be used defensively to mitigate dmg, stomp interupt or give you some distance to run.

question about a skill

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cosmic Teapot.9162

Cosmic Teapot.9162

has this been changed? have been trying to do earthe quake then ride the litning just to see and it wont let me till after the skill is done

You don’t use ride the lightning, you use lightning flash (utility spell). The combo is …

-Earthquake
-Lightning Flash mid cast
-Cleansing Fire
-Fire attunement
-Fire grab