s/w and Auramancer build

s/w and Auramancer build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Hello all:)

What’s your opinion fellow tempests on scepter/warhorn weapons with traits from s2 auramancer build from last meta?

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

s/w and Auramancer build

in Elementalist

Posted by: Anhomedog.7968

Anhomedog.7968

Scepter is still too weak in my opinion to be SERIOUSLY used. I absolutely love going into an unranked match and dominating people with a S/F build… but it really stops there. Any good player is going to realize that you are using a glassy build and burst you down.

As far as warhorn goes, I believe it’s good for damage, but other than that it’s fairly weak in pvp. It works well in pve simply because it’s easy to stay alive, so the damage is nice. Talking pvp though, the focus gives you a lot of defensives that are crucial to the ele’s survival, mainly Obsidian Flesh. The 2 interupts, and the 2 forms of projectile destruction and reflection are really nice as well.

Overall, in pvp terms, S/W are too weak and offensive for the ele’s bunky play style at the moment…sadly…

Ride the Lightning: Movement speed adjustments
no longer affect the intended travel distance.
-The Pros at ANET

s/w and Auramancer build

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

I am looking for kinda alternative for d/f auramancer on pvp to be more accurate. Some skills on setup s/w look interesting with some traits like on water 3 heals with 2 regen’s with Cleansing Water. And dust storm (warhorn earth 5) looks usefull for stomping/ressing.

Kawaleria (KW)

s/w and Auramancer build

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hello,
First I would like to say that running the meta build with scepter and taking cleansing water instead of powerful auras is a great alternative and works very well for me.

I believe that you could potentially play it with a warhorn and still do well.

You can do overload earth followed by sandsquall for 10s of protection on yourself.

You gain condition removal from water trident, tidal surge and pheonix.

You also gain a ton of blind options which works very well when kiting enemies.

The biggest loss, is an unblockable knockdown, superior reflect damage mitigation and the loss of obsidian flesh.

I say try it out. The potential healing is top notch and the cc/blind is decent for a build focused on kiting around.

I’ll test it myself and see if its worth giving a go.

Bad Elementalist

s/w and Auramancer build

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

After some testing I don’t feel warhorn is that great for the build. It feels too clunky and most of the warhorn skills forces you to face the enemy, making kiting harder to do.

Blasting your waterfield feels like a chore where you almost have to have a rotation to ensure you get a blast

Bad Elementalist

s/w and Auramancer build

in Elementalist

Mr Godlike.6098

So idea s/w auramancer came to me when i was blasted to deep space by ragezerker in seconds during team fight running d/f build. I started asking myself ,,How s3 will look like with loads of these berserkers around? How how can i carry this as ele?" So that’s why I look into s/w. I want to do more heals, more support and I am sure that anet will do nothing to bring dps ele’s back in pvp.

I did some testing on my own and I feel that using s/w is like playing necro – do stuff in background, avoiding cleave and move to center of action bursting things (heals, cleave, utility). I don’t have any more time but i will write more fedback on the matter later.

I hope more ppl will test this out:) and drop here some ideas.

As allways sorry for horrible engilish.

Kawaleria (KW)