should i just wait for ele buff?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ursu.4163

Ursu.4163

I’ve been playing wizard/mages in MMOs for about…well…10 years.
Trend was always the same: highest damage output in the game with the lowest defenses. As mage/wizzard you could not afford to get hit but at the same time others could not afford to get hit by you.
The current state of elementalist in GW2 is : crap damage, crap defense, 150 apm to basically do the same thing with your class as others do with a few key presses. Not to be better, but to do the same thing.
I’ll keep playing my elementalist until 80, I’m 61, almost 62 now, with the hope that maybe, just maybe, Anet wakes up. I know they’re up to their ears in tickets that are more urgent than a class balance, so I’ll roll something else. I’ll come back to my loved elem when Anet gets back into their senses and fix the class

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

This was almost my exact reaction. At level 80 I love(d) my Elementalist. The mid levels were tough because of the learning curve of the Elementalist but the versatility was amazing. I love(d) the attunement swapping making me an on demand healer, sustained DPSer, burst DPSer, or Tank on a whim. After the learning curve there was nothing I couldn’t conquer in the game (that was designed for solo or small group play) even a few champions have fallen to the might that is my Elementalist!

The later levels are just tough I thought. More strategy was needed to take down enemies my location in relation to enemies was key. Using CC, Heals and enough burst to keep the fight in my favor was also key. “Man this is intense” I would think… Until I learned how the other classes go through the same content. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing? I literally thought I was being trolled till I tried some of the other classes with my pal (who also rolled an Ele). We tried warrior, Guardian, Ranger, Mesmer and Engineer. My reaction was pretty much
I found out that Elementalist don’t have any more versatility than any other class. Our versatility is just spread out more and not necessarily better for the spread, what’s more it’s less because we are (in combat) stuck at one range. I found out that my heavy tank spec all toughness all vitality build has less armor and health than everyone else even some full DPS specs from other classes because I have inherently lower values. I found out that I do not have and I am not intended to have any more damage (in a dps spec) than anyone else also in a full dps spec but I am intended to have the least survivability. I found out that Elementalist healing is a complete joke in comparison with the amount of damage being output in the game from both PvE and PvP.

I found out that that tough learning curve, and that situational awareness I had to develop in conjunction with this class to be great at it was me compensating for the classes weaknesses, and every other class I have tried since outperforms in every way.

I played the Mesmer the most and I was completely baffled. I was more durable than my Ele and dealt more damage. To put it in perspective as a Mesmer I have; blocking, clones, evade, Leap, confusion, vulnerability, cripple, daze, immobilize, and boon removal . Now I have only listed the effects on the particular weapon based skills I used. All of this comes without the need to weapon swap or even touch a single utility skill. To contrast my Elementalist has (Fire) combo field, burning, leap(non finisher), (Water) Vulnerability, Chilling, healing, (Air) weakness, stun, another leap(non finisher), launch, (Earth) bleed, Immobilize, an actual Leap, cripple, blast finisher. Now if you are keeping score you will see that the Elementalist has slightly more effects than the Mesmer, but here is the kicker. My Mesmer can do all that at the same time interchangeably and with the use of only 5 skills that are also dealing great damage. While my Ele has to change attunement losing access to 1/4 of his skills for a substantial amount of time, utilizes 20 skills to get the same amount of effects, and cannot dish out the same level of damage while using most of those skills. The Ele is flat out less versatile. Then realize the Mesmer can swap to a completely different weapon gaining another 5 skills and another set of effects; boons, shields, stealth, conditions and more! And the swap is on a shorter cooldown!

Every other class I’ve played has this type of setup. This is further enforced when you realize that Engineers, Rangers, and Mesmers just get 5k more HP than a Elementalist while Warriors and Necromancers get 9k more. For… reasons… I guess.

It bugs me not because people are doing better than I, because honestly I am good at playing my Ele, I truly don’t see that many people surpassing me as much as others have stated. But rather it’s because I feel like I’m punishing myself in this very competitive environment. I feel like I’m running a footrace but I’m wearing jeans a hoodie and some training weights, while everyone else is fitted in their tracksuits. Can I still win? Sure! But why the heck would I want to compete like that? I suppose the answer for me is I really REALLY like the Elementalist, I like the look, the gameplay, the feel of the class, the attunement swapping is fun and engaging, but why do they have to be so weak? I’m not sure if I will be quitting the class or not. I really like them but something needs to change and quickly for me to stick around as an Elementalist I’m not an alt hopper, I like to keep to a single class and if there isn’t even a mention from Anet that they are looking into this then I fear I will abandon the profession for good fairly soon.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kraigan.6057

Kraigan.6057

If hammer guardians are going to get some love, you have to assume they’ll get around to elementalist soon because, gosh, guardians are so much more in need of attention…

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kreit.4709

Kreit.4709

I’ve just tried to make warrior after ele (31 lvl now). And what I see… He has much better damage, better survivability, higher HP in damage spec (~22k vs ~14k) and much easier to play. So when elementalist using almost all skills from 4 attunements warrior just use 2-4 skills in GS-rifle build for same or better effect. In PvE he just can kill pack of mobs with one skill (hundred blades). Regeneration from Healing Signet is much better, then crap, named Signet of Restoration. Because it provide fast and stable HP regen. At 20 lvl warrior gets 80-90% crit chance and does insane damage at PvE and WWW. End of story…

in Elementalist

Posted by: daemonrus.4703

daemonrus.4703

Regeneration from Healing Signet is much better, then crap, named Signet of Restoration.

Yeah that thing is pretty much useless outside of the dagger main hand skills

I too made a warrior recently to try it out (untill then it was only elem for me… lvl 65 now)

My war is 11 now, and I have to say, it has MUCH easier time going through pve than how I remember my ele did. If I even as much as stuck my nose into a higher level area than my current level (the mobs being maybe 2-5 levels above me), the ele would cringe and die painfully fast. With this warrior in the same situation I may still die, but much less frequently and quite often I have the mobs (3-4 around me usually) down to almost no health, so I am able to rally anyway.

Of course I have learned to do pretty well with my ele, and most of the time I have no problems with it anymore (pve only, have yet to try pvp).

But yeah, I agree there is a problem with the ele. That said, I’m kinda grateful that I’m learning the game through that class first. It forces me to not be lazy and learn to work for my kills/rewards, even if through an artificial obstacle of poor balancing. If I can learn to play good with this class, other classes should be a breeze then :P Not that I don’t want to see it amped a bit.

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Everyone who states that the ele is OP needs to start posting their builds so we can judge if they are trolling or not.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Freakiie.8940

Freakiie.8940

Everyone who states that the ele is OP needs to start posting their builds so we can judge if they are trolling or not.

To be honest I’m more interested in footage of their actual gameplay, because the way some of them state they’re doing things it makes me wonder whether they’re fighting players or the dmg test golems.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BeduinoAlbino.9812

BeduinoAlbino.9812

Look, I haven’t read all the comments, but for the ppl that think the class is just fine:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Elemental-suggestions-ideas-thread/first#post90781
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Elemental-bugs-glitches-thread/first#post77180

Really?

You guys really don’t think that the cast time for some skills, like Dragon’s Tooth for example, is just pathetic? Try using that on PvP.

Other good example is MS for Staff players. I started the game playing with staff (like almost everyone else I believe). It’s just ridiculous how few meteors actually hit something (and the animation time is even worse)

Don’t you think that broken traits, or traits that will affect only 1 skill, weakens the class?

Don’t you agree that skills with bugs like RTL, making you helpless for seconds, just really brakes the purpose?

I think that fixing what is broken is already a great start for the class. But like stated in other threads, we are the squishier class in the game, but we don’t have dmg output to make up for this. If we go full glass cannon (or paper cannon…) our HP pool and Toughness are just ridiculous (and our heals doesn’t suffice for this when your enemy does 3x more dmg than you can heal), and still other classes built on power will do more dmg than us.

Of course being a good player, learning to dodge on the right times and using your skills properly is part of the deal.

But when you play the squishier, smallest HP pool class of the game, you expect your dmg will payoff for this.

And that does NOT happen.

“Never disturb your opponent when he is about to make a mistake.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There’s another option, and that’s for players to use the class as designed and frequently swap attunements.

But then we have the self confessed pro eles stating that we shouldn’t swap frequently.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erenax.2354

Erenax.2354

Swapping is both good and bad. Good for the flexibility it offers, bad because a lot of traits are tied to being in a specific element. If they removed some of the element requirements for some of the traits it would go a long way towards improving Elementalist ease of use.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Traulq.8165

Traulq.8165

Pinker, since you’re apparently the only one that can actually play an Elementalist and be as good as other classes, why don’t you show us? Educate us lesser beings on how to properly play an Ele. Not by telling us to “get earth traits!!” but by actually showing us how you play. Make a few vids of you being awesome in PvP so we see what we’re doing wrong.

I’m not the only one. There are others who think the whole “Ele is UP” thing is crap. I’m just probably the most vocal. And I would…I tried, actually, but my computer isn’t powerful enough to fraps this game. My fps drops to like 5.

No offense Pinkerton, but in almost every elementalist thread where about 99% of the people are stating legitimate claims about how the elementalist is a bit lacking, you seem to be the main one claiming that the elementalist is not only not lacking, but seems a bit OP.

And when we’d like to see you show and prove, then suddenly your computer is not “powerful” enough to capture videos. I’m not trying to call you out or anything but it would be better to see a good illustration of how effective the elementalist is, in its current state.

At the least, could you gives us your in game name and one of us can join you in PVP?

Good idea, although I suspect that will be the last we see of Pinkerton in this thread now ;-)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Truga.5897

Truga.5897

I am the 99%. lol

Anet just has to make it so the average player can do well in it and compete against the other classes.

No. No they don’t have to. Elementalist is heaps and heaps of fun to play. If they make it better, it’ll be OP. If they change it it won’t be the same. I love how it plays and I don’t want them to change it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

Stating that elementalist isn’t UP but perfectly balanced isn’t the same as saying he’s OP

No. No they don’t have to. Elementalist is heaps and heaps of fun to play. If they make it better, it’ll be OP. If they change it it won’t be the same. I love how it plays and I don’t want them to change it.

/this
In the Bwe 1-2 versions elementalist was too strong. They nerfed him and now he is pretty fine. No need to buff him just to nerf him again.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xethos.3179

Xethos.3179

However, if the fun-factor alone was enough to boast how Elementalist is alright in its current position… I doubt engineer would’ve recieved any buffs at all since BWE1. But that wasn’t the case at all. Their class is now quite fun in its own way and also viable in many situations.

in Elementalist

Truga.5897

If elementalist isn’t viable for you you’re doing it wrong. It might be a bit lacking in some places, maybe. I won’t judge that yet, not after only 3 weeks of playing.

Not viable, though? Far from it.

in Elementalist

Gelrod.1295

I’m just waiting for real tournaments… as soon as a successfull team wins with an elementalist in their team threads like “elementalist underestimated?” “Elementalist OP!” or “Team XY didn’t have a warrior in their lineup… warrior not viable anymore?” will pop up.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Traulq.8165

Traulq.8165

For what it’s worth I think the Ele could do with a small buff. With the nerf during beta I think it went slightly too far the wrong way. Not enough to make the Ele not viable, but certainly a little underpowered in terms of class balance.

in Elementalist

Posted by: XodoK.8734

XodoK.8734

Words

This sums it up well. This should be posted in every similar topic.
Can we do well? Sure. Can we, as players, do much better with less effort on other professions? Absolutely. That is what needs to change imo.

in Elementalist

Truga.5897

Why does it need to change? Why does every class have to play the same way?

in Elementalist

Posted by: everreal.9862

everreal.9862

So my experience with my Ele so far is that I am happy with the class right now. It could benefit from some a small number boost and I think that would be mostly for PvE. In sPvP I dont really have a hard time. Some builds I have a difficult time with but a build has to be weak against some others, it cant beat everything.

In PvE I think D/D or Staff work the best or are at least the most fun for me. I have used S/D the past few nights for PvE and idk, it just doesn’t feel right for me. So I think in dungeons I will stick to staff like I have been doing and D/D for solo questing. In sPvP and tournaments I have been having a lot of fun with my ele and I usually do not have trouble against many other classes. Rangers have been a bit annoying this week, S/D Poison Thieves can be tricky and Mesmers are always annoying. But I don’t feel that my Ele cant compete/beat them in a 1v1 situation regularly. I have talked with a few of the better Ele streamers like Phataram, Zamoa, and Power and the general consensus is that Ele’s are good right now and Thief/Mesmers should be brought down a bit to around where the ele is and things would be good. But they are not significantly UP. And the nerf to HS today was a step in that direction.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.1.2.0.13.0.20.0.4.0.2.20.21.9.24.10.2.6.0.0.0.18.25.0.0.0.0.50.52.0.65.61.72.0.20.0.20.30

That is the build I use in pvp and it is very strong. I used to run it with Beserkers Amulet but Valk gives you so much more survivability and healing. Even though you have like 2k less hp I survive much longer with the toughness of Valk amulet. Anyway I like the way the ele plays now, yes they are a high skill cap class and I understand that some people feel that they shouldnt have to be masters at a profession to compete with others. But I think someone mentioned before either they would need a major buff to flat damage which would make them too OP imo or redesign the class from the ground up, which I would hate to see. I think we will either see the ele get slight damage boosts and maybe some trait adjustment or other classes will be toned down a tad, I am speaking from a pvp pov btw.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ursu.4163

Ursu.4163

nothing has to change.
but playing a certain class should not put you at a disadvantage. playing an elementalist now is like running a handicap race: everyone starts will all the goodies ahead of you and you need to play catch up blowing your keyboard out with attunement dancing and skills smashing while kissing a silver holy cross bought from Vatican hoping you won’t die before your cooldown on water is done.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Lance Coolee.9480

Lance Coolee.9480

i dont have enough tme to read everything but let me tell you something, if ele get buffed a little bit more than now, we gonna be Super Saiyan. i feel my ele whit the correct build very strong. im the last one to die in every dungeon and in WVW everyone fear me and my meteor shower

I lol’d. Yea umm… they’re not running AWAY from you’re meteor shower, they’re running OUT of you’re meteor shower – so they can nuke ur face down to a puddle of goop while u sit there channeling ur world-ending-uber-leet-skill.

“GW2 takes everything you love about GW1” – M. O’Brien
“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“The most important thing in any game should be the player” – R. Soesbee

in Elementalist

Posted by: XodoK.8734

XodoK.8734

nothing has to change.
but playing a certain class should not put you at a disadvantage. playing an elementalist now is like running a handicap race: everyone starts will all the goodies ahead of you and you need to play catch up blowing your keyboard out with attunement dancing and skills smashing while kissing a silver holy cross bought from Vatican hoping you won’t die before your cooldown on water is done.

Seriously laughed. Very good. +1
To answer your question – why it needs to change. I believe that all professions have to be on an even playing field from the get-go. Profession mechanics should be a tool for success, they should be a complement to the gameplay, not a handicap that players have to deal with simply because they chose this profession.

So in a nutshell – unique profession mechanic should be a complement to gameplay, not a handicap or restricting factor.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razarei.2809

Razarei.2809

Pinker, since you’re apparently the only one that can actually play an Elementalist and be as good as other classes, why don’t you show us? Educate us lesser beings on how to properly play an Ele. Not by telling us to “get earth traits!!” but by actually showing us how you play. Make a few vids of you being awesome in PvP so we see what we’re doing wrong.

I’m not the only one. There are others who think the whole “Ele is UP” thing is crap. I’m just probably the most vocal. And I would…I tried, actually, but my computer isn’t powerful enough to fraps this game. My fps drops to like 5.

No offense Pinkerton, but in almost every elementalist thread where about 99% of the people are stating legitimate claims about how the elementalist is a bit lacking, you seem to be the main one claiming that the elementalist is not only not lacking, but seems a bit OP.

And when we’d like to see you show and prove, then suddenly your computer is not “powerful” enough to capture videos. I’m not trying to call you out or anything but it would be better to see a good illustration of how effective the elementalist is, in its current state.

At the least, could you gives us your in game name and one of us can join you in PVP?

Good idea, although I suspect that will be the last we see of Pinkerton in this thread now ;-)

I’ve already asked him twice, and he dodged twice. I’ve added every single one of these “super pro elementalists” and none of them are willing to face me in PvP to destroy me like they said they would.

Elementalist – Blárp, Razarei, 55HPMonk, Need More Defense
Revenant – Master Blárp [Desolation]

in Elementalist

Truga.5897

But you chose a profession that can do a ton of things at the same time. Are you seriously thinking that by being as good as everyone else without actually putting in more effort, and at the same time have the ability to switch roles without as much as swapping a utility skill is balanced? Yeah, sure it’s balanced, because you’ll see Eles and Eles only in high level pvp. That’d be pretty balanced indeed.

in Elementalist

Gelrod.1295

Yes they are versatile.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razarei.2809

Razarei.2809

Every class can do a dozen things at the same time. Engineer? Guardian? Warrior? Necro? Some better than others, but that’s the way the classes were designed in this game. EVERYONE can be a jack of all trades. Your point is moot, elementalists are not more versatile because we have four attunements.

Elementalist – Blárp, Razarei, 55HPMonk, Need More Defense
Revenant – Master Blárp [Desolation]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

This was almost my exact reaction. At level 80 I love(d) my Elementalist. The mid levels were tough because of the learning curve of the Elementalist but the versatility was amazing. I love(d) the attunement swapping making me an on demand healer, sustained DPSer, burst DPSer, or Tank on a whim. After the learning curve there was nothing I couldn’t conquer in the game (that was designed for solo or small group play) even a few champions have fallen to the might that is my Elementalist!

The later levels are just tough I thought. More strategy was needed to take down enemies my location in relation to enemies was key. Using CC, Heals and enough burst to keep the fight in my favor was also key. “Man this is intense” I would think… Until I learned how the other classes go through the same content. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing? I literally thought I was being trolled till I tried some of the other classes with my pal (who also rolled an Ele). We tried warrior, Guardian, Ranger, Mesmer and Engineer. My reaction was pretty much
I found out that Elementalist don’t have any more versatility than any other class. Our versatility is just spread out more and not necessarily better for the spread, what’s more it’s less because we are (in combat) stuck at one range. I found out that my heavy tank spec all toughness all vitality build has less armor and health than everyone else even some full DPS specs from other classes because I have inherently lower values. I found out that I do not have and I am not intended to have any more damage (in a dps spec) than anyone else also in a full dps spec…………….

I found out that that tough learning curve, and that situational awareness I had to develop in conjunction with this class to be great at it was me compensating for the classes weaknesses, and every other class I have tried since outperforms in every way.

I played the Mesmer the most and I was completely baffled. I was more durable than my Ele and dealt more damage. To put it in perspective as a Mesmer I have; blocking, clones, evade, Leap, confusion, vulnerability, cripple, daze, immobilize, and boon removal . Now I have only listed the effects on the particular weapon based skills I used. All of this comes without the need to weapon swap or even touch a single utility skill. To contrast my Elementalist has (Fire) combo field, burning, leap(non finisher), (Water) Vulnerability, Chilling, healing, (Air) weakness, stun, another leap(non finisher), launch, (Earth) bleed, Immobilize, an actual Leap, cripple, blast finisher. Now if you are keeping score you will see that the Elementalist has slightly more effects than the Mesmer, but here is the kicker. My Mesmer can do all that at the same time interchangeably and with the use of only 5 skills that are also dealing great damage. While my Ele has to change attunement losing access to 1/4 of his skills for a substantial amount of time, utilizes 20 skills to get the same amount of effects, and cannot dish out the same level of damage while using most of those skills. The Ele is flat out less versatile. Then realize the Mesmer can swap to a completely different weapon gaining another 5 skills and another set of effects; boons, shields, stealth, conditions and more! And the swap is on a shorter cooldown!

Every other class I’ve played has this type of setup. This is further enforced when you realize that Engineers, Rangers, and Mesmers just get 5k more HP than a Elementalist while Warriors and Necromancers get 9k more. For… reasons… I guess.

It bugs me not because people are doing better than I, because honestly I am good at playing my Ele, I truly don’t see that many people surpassing me as much as others have stated. But rather it’s because I feel like I’m punishing myself in this very competitive environment. I feel like I’m running a footrace but I’m wearing jeans a hoodie and some training weights, while everyone else is fitted in their tracksuits. Can I still win? Sure! But why the heck would I want to compete like that? I suppose the answer for me is I really REALLY like the Elementalist, I like the look, the gameplay, the feel of the class, the attunement swapping is fun and engaging, but why do they have to be so weak? I’m not sure if I will be quitting the class or not. I really like them but something needs to change and quickly for me to stick around as an Elementalist I’m not an alt hopper, I like to keep to a single class and if there isn’t even a mention from Anet that they are looking into this then I fear I will abandon the profession for good fairly soon.

This post needs to be pinned/stickied because it provided a very in depth look into the experience of an elementalist, his love for the character, and then testing other classes and coming to the realization that the elementalist is not an efficient class at the moment.

in Elementalist

Expansive.3716

I too have created other professions and the findings are astounding. I can’t believe I can roll as a ranger and just keep sniping out an elementalist who is doing his darnest to take me out. I felt bad for the poor guy because I felt that could have been me being taken down by a ranger just shooting with his short bow.

Like someone else very accurately put it, the elementalist is a jack of all trades and a master of none. The elementalist should NOT be forced to just be a support class

in Elementalist

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

No you should not wait. You are diluting the greatness that is the Elementalist. Go play a warrior. You will get your instant gratification there and massive e-ego too. Look you too can tank 50 mobs in orr and press 3 buttons and kill everything in spvp. You are special and unique and uber pro because everything around you is dead and you are alive and all it took you is 20 seconds and pressing 4 buttons.

oh god. I think its time for me to just go back to playing the game. I dont hear any of these complaints in game and I dont get hostile either.

Also Expansive – “The elementalist should not be forced to just be a support class” let me ask you this How many support warrior, thieves, and rangers have you ran across in your travels?"

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

in Elementalist

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

You can’t do anything vs any melee class as an elementalist. It is in no way balanced whatsoever. Guardians are god. Warriors stun-lock, spin and win. Thief hits you 100 times before you can cast. Ranger kills you before you can heal. Every class can out-run you, and out maneuver you. This is like the complete opposite of what I’m used to for a caster. Try doing the jumping puzzles in wvw as an elementalist, and you’ll get owned repeatedly. There’s literally nothing you can do about it. /end thread.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in Elementalist

Expansive.3716

No you should not wait. You are diluting the greatness that is the Elementalist. Go play a warrior. You will get your instant gratification there and massive e-ego too. Look you too can tank 50 mobs in orr and press 3 buttons and kill everything in spvp. You are special and unique and uber pro because everything around you is dead and you are alive and all it took you is 20 seconds and pressing 4 buttons.

oh god. I think its time for me to just go back to playing the game. I dont hear any of these complaints in game and I dont get hostile either.

Also Expansive – “The elementalist should not be forced to just be a support class” let me ask you this How many support warrior, thieves, and rangers have you ran across in your travels?"

that’s such a silly question, and i’m not trying to create an argument or anything with you.

But in all seriousness, the elementalist does have support capabilities, but the characteristics and efficiency of the elementalist seems to point to the class being best only as support.

Why should it be that way though? What if I like the class and don’t want to support

It’s like a Priest in any MMO. While they are the class that supports and heals, there is a such thing as a battle Priest where he can still be significantly effective in battle and still be able to support the team with healing and buffs

The elementalist can do either one or the other, and as a single damager, the elementalist has to sacrifice so much just to have high output

(edited by Expansive.3716)

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

i wanna try to say my opinion:

when i started with ele i think by myself “mmm probably i get high burst in fire att, high crowd control in water, many stun, knock back in air att, and high defense in hearth”
but atm i have little burst in fire att, little cc in water (cooldown it’s really too much long to recharge), little stun, blind, knockback in air, and little defensive abilities in hearth..

but my surprise was..i can have all, sure.
2 usefull skill in dagger, 3 in staff, 2 in focus, 4 in scepter and go on.
they say “ele will have 20 skill instead 10 of other char” but they don’t say “ele will have 20 skill, of which 15 is useless”

ele is playable ofc, but if you play ele, you play only because you love him, love his gameplay, and so.
but you are aware that ele need really not buff, not fix bugs, but completely rewrite.
for now they can, for example, remove the cooldown of attunement..

we have atm trait for max 2 attumement, and our cooldowns of our skills are the longest of all classes. without reason. for example flame touch do the samedamage of hearthseeker (<25% health) and it have 45 seconds cd.
our spammable abilities like dragon tooth, shatter stone, lightnig surge is totally useless..the only good skill we have are in d/d setup, and we are forced to stay at melee range..

for a mage could be a ‘little’ problem stay always face to face with a mob to do something usefull..

you can, in my opiniom, extend range of some d/d abilities to 900, and leave damage how it is now..

but ele need to (almost)totally rewrite imho..

and i love ele like everyone here..for that we are a bit upset when we discovered that our lovely class suck compared to all other class..

i ask sorry for my bad english and thank to all for understanding me

Tomas

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Pinkerton.5643

Pinkerton.5643

I’ve already asked him twice, and he dodged twice. I’ve added every single one of these “super pro elementalists” and none of them are willing to face me in PvP to destroy me like they said they would.

You asked me once and it was 2 o’clock in the morning and I was getting off to go to sleep because I actually have a life outside of video games.
And how is my computer not being powerful enough to run AND fraps this game simultaneously a ‘sudden’ issue? It seems like a pretty constant thing to me…And you don’t need anybody’s player name. Their account name is right next to all their posts.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zaalg.3217

Zaalg.3217

I’m trying to stick it out, since it is a very fun class to play. There’s really no class that is so active and requires so much micro-management. Maybe engineer, but that’s not my style. Anyway, I love those things about elementalist, but all that extra work and effort leads to sub-standard results. So I’m trying really hard to put fun first…but it ain’t easy.

(edited by Zaalg.3217)