sigil halp

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mystogan.4157

Mystogan.4157

I need help on choosing a sigil

here teh build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWhMMqc25wuBd0AOAG5iwMoHIOCEAehlqCA-T1BBABYpMAgLAglq/klSPF1BU0+DMqEEA-w

Ive been thinking about battle energy or force… not sure which would be best.

Thy Shall Fear The Reaper (FxRe)

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Battle or Force just depends on how long you are in combat. Battle is better for pve. Energy adds the best defense but it looks like you have a good set of cantrips. I would go with force out of those 3, since you have a good amount of defensive traits.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gokil.2543

Gokil.2543

I’ve been dabbling into staff as well lately, and my build is remarkably similar to yours. I assume you want to take this build into WvW.

This is what I run:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWhMMqc25wwBf0AWAGxSQIQcAoA8BLuE2BA-T1BEABMt/oMQR1faSpnf6AAUJIAPAgHuAAkBYZLA-w

Bloodlust/battle/energy are the big 3 sigils for WvW staffing imo. Neither force nor accuracy come close in the damage they can provide. If you have warriors to provide you with vigor and/or have some decent vigor uptime from soothing disruption, go battle over energy.

Also:
- Blasting staff is indispensable. Final shielding is pretty bad overall tbh. Very unreliable.
- Air training doesn’t do much since your damage will likely not be concentrated in the air attunement. I’ve found soothing winds to work rather well (who would have thought)
- I don’t get the signet of air. Sure it’s a short cd stunbreak but staff is not continuously in the fray, so doesn’t benefit from its short cd whatsoever. Having that 6 seconds of powerplay when you do get focused from armor of earth is far better imo. A single stunbreak can’t save you from being focused the way armor can (think hammertrain).
- My build uses double >90 percent modifier to abuse the time we get to free cast. This is mainly because I run with some shout warriors to keep me topped off when hitting retal. It’s preference however and pack runes are by no means bad.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Posted by: William C.6195

William C.6195

I think I’d go battle/bloodlust. With 25 stacks of Bloodlust, Lightning Rod will be devastating.

NA/EU: Auldon/Auldone
[feat]

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Mystogan.4157

I’ve been dabbling into staff as well lately, and my build is remarkably similar to yours. I assume you want to take this build into WvW.

This is what I run:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQFAWhMMqc25wwBf0AWAGxSQIQcAoA8BLuE2BA-T1BEABMt/oMQR1faSpnf6AAUJIAPAgHuAAkBYZLA-w

Bloodlust/battle/energy are the big 3 sigils for WvW staffing imo. Neither force nor accuracy come close in the damage they can provide. If you have warriors to provide you with vigor and/or have some decent vigor uptime from soothing disruption, go battle over energy.

Also:
- Blasting staff is indispensable. Final shielding is pretty bad overall tbh. Very unreliable.
- Air training doesn’t do much since your damage will likely not be concentrated in the air attunement. I’ve found soothing winds to work rather well (who would have thought)
- I don’t get the signet of air. Sure it’s a short cd stunbreak but staff is not continuously in the fray, so doesn’t benefit from its short cd whatsoever. Having that 6 seconds of powerplay when you do get focused from armor of earth is far better imo. A single stunbreak can’t save you from being focused the way armor can (think hammertrain).
- My build uses double >90 percent modifier to abuse the time we get to free cast. This is mainly because I run with some shout warriors to keep me topped off when hitting retal. It’s preference however and pack runes are by no means bad.

i dont zerg. 90% hp mods are a waste when roaming with staff. esp when thieves will jump you from 1500 +range. most of my damage actually does come from air esp when chaining lightning rod. i use sig for blind more then the breaker for backstabs and evis and other heavy hitting attacks. im not looking for build advice just sigil. my build is how i like it and it works for me. also final shielding saves me alot esp when i use arcane shield instead of LF i get to block 6 attacks and if they are melee they will be hit with damage when it breaks. it surprises many people because not that many people use it and blocking 3 attacks from thief/ mesmer/ ele can be game changing

(edited by Mystogan.4157)

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Mystogan.4157

I think I’d go battle/bloodlust. With 25 stacks of Bloodlust, Lightning Rod will be devastating.

ill try it out. 250 pow vs 5% dmg whats the difference?

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Bloodlust vs force depends on how often you die and your total power. Takes 5 kills to get full bloodlust. A lvl 80 weapon ~1000 attack plus 2000 power ~ 3000 attack, so 5% damage ~ 150 power. Bloodlust is equal to force after you kill 3 people.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

Bloodlust vs force depends on how often you die and your total power. Takes 5 kills to get full bloodlust. A lvl 80 weapon ~1000 attack plus 2000 power ~ 3000 attack, so 5% damage ~ 150 power. Bloodlust is equal to force after you kill 3 people.

Attack is an irrelevant stat. Hence it got removed from the equipment tab.

10% more power means 10% more damage. You’d need 5000 power for force to be better than a stacked bloodlust sigil.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Gokil.2543

This is what I run:

Also:

i dont zerg. 90% hp mods are a waste when roaming with staff. esp when thieves will jump you from 1500 +range. most of my damage actually does come from air esp when chaining lightning rod. i use sig for blind more then the breaker for backstabs and evis and other heavy hitting attacks. im not looking for build advice just sigil. my build is how i like it and it works for me. also final shielding saves me alot esp when i use arcane shield instead of LF i get to block 6 attacks and if they are melee they will be hit with damage when it breaks. it surprises many people because not that many people use it and blocking 3 attacks from thief/ mesmer/ ele can be game changing

Solo roaming staff is terrible, but good luck. Small scale staff is still not great, but what I said does apply to it.

[Walk] Elemelentalist
Youtube

sigil halp

in Elementalist

Mystogan.4157

This is what I run:

Also:

Solo roaming staff is terrible, but good luck. Small scale staff is still not great, but what I said does apply to it.

terrible for you maybe. i take camps and 2-3 depending on class ez