ErzaScarlet.2386

if dragon tooth casts 100x faster
still hits aoe
hits as hard

so why would anyone use churning earth

in Elementalist

Posted by: Djdomestic.7381

Djdomestic.7381

To look like akitten as you turn into a sitting duck. I actually enjoy using it often for this reason.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Isila.2574

Isila.2574

I believe its radius is a bit larger than DT, and it cripples within its radius. It also puts up 10 stacks of bleed, which is a different condition than burn.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Feralone.4905

Feralone.4905

You would be surprized how often I wreck a group of people with this skill. Wait for a fellow team mate to go in they pile in ride the lightning in. Switch to earth and knock em all down cuz they pile like idiots on my team mate. Then churning earth BOOOOM 6k crits. Switch to ice Frozen burst they are chilled and close to dead at this point. Pugs are not smart. Alone churning earth is terrible. With Stance dancing its scary.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well with me… Churning Earth causes people to get the hell away from you, It gives me toughness, it gives me 100% increased Endurance regen, it hits HARDER then dragon tooth, it snares people so my allies can either get away or close gaps easier… And i think that may be it… oh wait, 8 stacks of bleed, that’s nice too!! And if you drop a dragon tooth over someone and then churning earth in sPvP you’d be very surprised how many enemies will say “kitten rezzing/finishing that guy!!” and barrel roll out of there!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gelrod.1295

Gelrod.1295

Churning Earth is pretty nice to finish downed Thiefs/Mesmers… not much longer casttime than finisher, but the enemy can’t hide from it

in Elementalist

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Not everyone who wields a dagger in offhand is using a scepter in main hand first off.

Secondly, the AoE of Dragon’s Tooth is like 1/5th of what Churning Earth is. Churning Earth does a different set of effects (cripple + bleed vs. burning). Technically, style-wise, it fits the element moreso than dragon tooth anyways.

I don’t use it when solo unless I’ve got a lightning shield up to stun my attackers while I cast it – or some other form of CC on them. It combo’s nicely with my elemental-dance that goes:

RTL → Updraft → switch to fire → Burning Speed → Ring of Fire → Fire Grab → switch to earth → Earthquake → Churning Earth → Arcane Wave + Arcane Blast

kitten tons of crazy AoE damage happening all at once. Churning Earth does the most damage to the largest area out of the skills I’ve listed.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Djdomestic.7381

Djdomestic.7381

What are you guys doing for stability? Do you play more 8v8 than tourney?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Aerian.2751

Aerian.2751

You can also use Lightning Flash while casting Churning Earth to move it’s explosion into the midst of a big team fight without them having time to dodge.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Markadis.9012

Markadis.9012

churning earth inside a ring of fire gives you and your party +3 stacks of might.

So, let’s say you swap to fire, do ring of fire, swap to earth, do the earth stomp followed by a churning earth in there, you will give you and your party 6 stacks of might (if you don’t have attunement swap bonus from arcane) 7 stacks if you do

Server- Blackgate
Characters- Levicus (Ele); Levicus Gear (Eng);
Levicus Shield (War)

in Elementalist

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Yup. Using lightning Flash is probably the best combo the ele has. It can teleport you while casting without interrupting the cast.

That skill becomes MUCH more useful at that point.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Budg.3064

Budg.3064

Churning Earth hits for more than dragons tooth, cripples and gives 8 stacks of bleed for 8 seconds

in Elementalist

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Because 7k crits.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

@DaedalusDragon does it really!?! Is that working as intended? If so that’s awesome!!

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ethrin.6287

Ethrin.6287

Yes you can teleport and cast Churning Earth at the same time. It is quite awesome. I really hope they keep it. It really justifies the 45 second CD on the teleport.

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

Yes you can teleport and cast Churning Earth at the same time. It is quite awesome. I really hope they keep it. It really justifies the 45 second CD on the teleport.

I always wondered why that had such a long CD tbh lol, now that i nkow that i may have to use it a little more…

in Elementalist

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

I use both, its great for instant killing every single mesmer illusion, and almost killing most Minion masters pets.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Tom Chesterson.6905

Tom Chesterson.6905

You can also use Lightning Flash while casting Churning Earth to move it’s explosion into the midst of a big team fight without them having time to dodge.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Selix.5670

Selix.5670

1. Cast Churning Earth
2. Use Lightning Flash to teleport into the middle of the team
3. Profit.

Follow with earthquake and some fire pewpew, and your team just took the center zone.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Shifts.8940

Shifts.8940

Few reasons,

• Large Radius
  • Great Damage
  • Aoe Bleed Condition
  • Cripple
  • Cause enemys to run away (out of base capture)
  • Kills Illusions and pets

Great for using if you are not directly being attacked by a group of players.

“Big things have small beginnings” -David

in Elementalist

Durzlla.6295

@Shifts, don’t forget the actual animation for the cast is VERY VERY subtle so if people aren’t paying attention they’re going to get wrecked!