in Elementalist

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Doesnt tempest needs some of this?

stability

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

The base ele class has a lot of stab if you add much more tempest will have the most stab in the game. I have a feeling that why they went with stun braking and not stab. Now adding in more brake bars maybe the trick.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

stability

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

The base ele class has a lot of stab if you add much more tempest will have the most stab in the game. I have a feeling that why they went with stun braking and not stab. Now adding in more brake bars maybe the trick.

What are you even talking about?

The only Stability move the Elementalist has wide access to is Armor of Earth which is 6 seconds of stability every 75 (60) seconds. The only other options for Stability are in Earth, a line that has largely gone defunct now because the other options are far more compelling in Fire/Air/Water/Arcana, and again it’s more Armor of Earth on proc and a single stack of Stability on attunement to Earth.

If you want Elementalists to be able to function on the front line this means they’re entirely reliant on Guardians who get multiple stacks of Stability on lower cool downs (Indomitable Courage, Stand your Ground). Except you have 5 slots in a front line party. You’re going to have to take 2 Guardians because that’s the minimum amount of stability to stay functional in WvW front line. You’re also going to throw in Warriors as well. This leaves 1 or 2 slots for other classes and quite honestly Necros have been getting them and Heralds are likely to be very competitive for these slots as well actually having proper stats and better boon additions for a front line group.

Tempest by comparison brings nothing short of a focus on Auras. Except Auras are very short duration and their effects are largely useless in the grand scheme of things. The only good part is they bring boons with Auras, such as Zephyr’s Boon, however the benefits of this are largely replaced now by Heralds which have near permanent Fury up time for a group in addition to Swiftness.

The only solution here is to allow Auras to carry Stability to your allies. This would allow a Tempest to take the place of a Guardian in a front line party as a secondary source of stability. Without it, they really have no place and continue to be non-functional on the front line as there’s simply better choices.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

stability

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Ele has 2 aoe both are 10 stack stabs the strongest stab effect in the game.
All of gurd’s stab are very low stack they may go off more often but what makes gurd as a class stay in the front line is becuse there stab is aoe. For tempest to stay in front line you simply put them with gurds or other front line.

If auras had stab on them no one would ever get hard cc.

stability

in Elementalist

Posted by: SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

SchmendrickTheMagician.8247

Jski is a known ele troll don’t listen to him.

Eles have the almost no stability at all.

Last of the Red Hot Swamis

stability

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Uh… I thought guardians had most stability skills, closely followed by a necro. o.O

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

stability

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Uh… I thought guardians had most stability skills, closely followed by a necro. o.O

Guardians have 3 stab skills. What makes guardians stab reverent to tempest is that its aoe and if your running tempest in the front line you will have a guardian in your group much like a guardian it self if you just have one guardian in a front line group the guardian stab will not be enofe to keep it there. War has the most stab in the game but its all self stab.

stability

in Elementalist

Yashuoa.9527

Well I am not asking to have stability a lot just to avoid cc in general.

Its just that I have seen that the overloads have quite lengty casttimes. Like 4+ seconds.

Thats like having a huge mark obove your head shouting interrupt me plz.

How are you gonna use those overloads on the front lines, with a very low amount of stability spells?
It would be weird if a guardian is required for a tempest to actually work.
Besides, its not like the guardian can reserve all his stability for when the tempest needs it.

Tempest needs stability or something else to be able to get of overloads better.
Maybe just make the tempest cc immune during the overloads (could add an internal cd to that if its to good)?

stability

in Elementalist

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

How are you gonna use those overloads on the front lines, with a very low amount of stability spells?

Simple; you don’t spec into Tempest
That seems to be the commonly accepted solution.

Better to swap to a different class and wait for the next set of Elite Specs.

stability

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Its just that I have seen that the overloads have quite lengty casttimes. Like 4+ seconds.

Besides, its not like the guardian can reserve all his stability for when the tempest needs it.

Tempest needs stability or something else to be able to get of overloads better.
Maybe just make the tempest cc immune during the overloads (could add an internal cd to that if its to good)?

Its realty not odd to need other players to have a playable class becuse the game GW2 is not base off of solo play its base off of team play.

If you give tempest stab on overload you end the needs to play ele. The best chose is to ask for a brake bar for all overload so a stab like effect that comes with a big punishment when it is broken.

stability

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

Its realty not odd to need other players to have a playable class becuse the game GW2 is not base off of solo play its base off of team play.

If you give tempest stab on overload you end the needs to play ele. The best chose is to ask for a brake bar for all overload so a stab like effect that comes with a big punishment when it is broken.

Tempest is literally the ONLY class in the game that needs another one to be playable.
How does giving it Stability end the need to play Ele? Everything about it is already inferior, might as well allow it to give AoE Stability.

You’re always talking about how Tempest is about Group Support, but the moment people suggest that the Tempest, you know, support the group with something base Ele can’t do, you’re against it?

stability

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Eles have to trait into earth for stab and its mostly self stab so its pointless to run them instead of a guardian. Stab on auras will probably be a bit too strong, unless its like 1 stack for 3s.

Bad Elementalist

stability

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

Overloads are the most punishing abilities in the game and you still believe that they need more opportunities for punishment? The longest channels in the game, that are also close-ranged, put your attunement on 20 secs cooldown even when interrupted, take 5 secs of attunement camping to begin casting and cost 3 minor traits? Are all of these not enough punishment? Where is my reward for all of these risks?

If anything, overloads need to be much less punishing, or else they will have to be 1-shots due to their insane, astronomical costs.

stability

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

Ele has 2 aoe both are 10 stack stabs the strongest stab effect in the game.
All of gurd’s stab are very low stack they may go off more often but what makes gurd as a class stay in the front line is becuse there stab is aoe. For tempest to stay in front line you simply put them with gurds or other front line.

If auras had stab on them no one would ever get hard cc.

Actually it’s the exact opposite problem. It’s lots of Stability stacks, but super long cool down making it effectively worthless after being used. The best stab in the game is 3-5 stacks for 3-5 seconds with around a 30 second cool down. Also it’s entirely self, not AOE.

You say invite them to a Guardian party without justifying why you would put a Tempest in a party with limited slots with Guardians as I already said above. What unique thing does the Tempest bring to the party that’s actually useful?

Kodiak X – Blackgate

stability

in Elementalist

Jski.6180

Tempest is literally the ONLY class in the game that needs another one to be playable.
How does giving it Stability end the need to play Ele? Everything about it is already inferior, might as well allow it to give AoE Stability.

You’re always talking about how Tempest is about Group Support, but the moment people suggest that the Tempest, you know, support the group with something base Ele can’t do, you’re against it?

This is why tempest is the first true healing support of GW2. I see nothing wrong with a healing aimed or support aimed class needed other ppl by its very ideal it should need other ppl.

Any way even classes like gurds cant stand on there own in a wvw environment the only real “must have endless stab” to be in the front line becuse that IS the only thing in the game that has front line lol.

stability

in Elementalist

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

put a 5 sec 3 stack on the earth shout
or add a 5sec single stack to a “on use” shout trait (maybe w/ CD reduction).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

stability

in Elementalist

Malchior.5732

This is why tempest is the first true healing support of GW2. I see nothing wrong with a healing aimed or support aimed class needed other ppl by its very ideal it should need other ppl.

Any way even classes like gurds cant stand on there own in a wvw environment the only real “must have endless stab” to be in the front line becuse that IS the only thing in the game that has front line lol.

There is so much wrong here, but I’m afraid you might keep responding if I correct you.
I guess I’ll just ask: How is Tempest the first true healing Support when a Staff Elementalist was doing it already? Actually, a lot of classes can provide decent amounts of AoE Healing, it’s just that being a Heal Bot isn’t exactly a great role and the Ele can do it from 1200 range while not being useless for everything else.

stability

in Elementalist

Yashuoa.9527

No it is odd to need others to become playable.

The game being based on teamplay, means that working together with others makes you stronger. You shouldnt need a guardian babysitter to become playable.

Alone=playable. Together with others=stronger.
You shoudnt need others to start becoming playable.

The overloads are punishing enough as they are with the 5 sec waittime before you can use them, the heavy increased cd on the attunement and them being melee.

A self only ability (not shareable), that makes you immune to interrupts while overloading (with a cd/internal cd of x seconds if needed), or something else to make them safer to use would be fair.

Some other possibility could be the overload not going on cd when interrupted, or something else that makes them more viable to use.
And bigger range on some?

There needs to be some change to them, otherwise they become basically impossible to use, because anyone wil have all the time of the world to stop them with the massive casttimes.

Edit:
Or how about something that makes overloads still useable while in cc and the overload only not being interruptable?
This way you can than still control the ele to some extend but you cant interupt the overloads. Those you would need to avoid or handle in some other way.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

stability

in Elementalist

Yashuoa.9527

So some sort of talent/change that makes overloads not interruptable would be okay?
If that would be to strong, than it could be something that makes the uninterruptable, with a cooldown (that you can activate) or with an internal cd.

Other additional changes could be that the fire and air overload at least, become ground targetable. Like 900 range or so.