[suggestion] meteor shower reduced radius

in Elementalist

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

what if the radius was reduced? I don’t want to buff ele dps in pve to even more insane heights so maybe this would only apply to pvp/wvw…

ele wvw staff bombs of the past are completely gone, meteor shower being one of those main reasons. I think its important to keep old roles viable to combat stale gameplay. creating more working team comps will keep vets playing.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Elementalist

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

what if the radius was reduced? I don’t want to buff ele dps in pve to even more insane heights so maybe this would only apply to pvp/wvw…

ele wvw staff bombs of the past are completely gone, meteor shower being one of those main reasons. I think its important to keep old roles viable to combat stale gameplay. creating more working team comps will keep vets playing.

Changing the radius won’t help dps staff ele in wvw. The problem staff ele has in the current meta isn’t that it does no damage, it actually does some pretty insane damage when played well. But thats the problem you NEED to play it well for it to be effective, if you’re out of position at all you’re going to die and be useless. Staff eles right now need to not only know their class well but also have good positioning and awareness. Dps staff ele is incredibly squishy with very little sustain unless you’re sitting with the melee ball. Get caught in a boon strip/corrupt bomb at all you’re dead, get clipped by a well bomb dead, be out of position and get jumped by the melee ball you’re dead, enemy has power revs running hammer? they just shoot some cors at you and you die, get cc’d or immobilised and fall behind your melee ball? dead. These are just but a few ways that staff ele can be cucked in wvw and rendered useless.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

The collisions have been nerfed. Also pre hot since the change in 3 solid traitlines over poit distributing aka you used to be able to play full arcane trait line 2/3 water line and 1/3 Air and 1/3 earth. That was why ele was just HOT before HOT and now if every one is HOT (aka bunkeroo with dps and condi burst) they greatly exceed ele. This ain’t pve people aren’t mobs, staff ele was dead after mid 2014 for roaming and 1v1. Once awhile you can stil 1v1 very bad players but not viable at all against players that use non pve builds. You can zerg with staff and do choke points but everyone can do the same if zerging. Don’t worry I;m sure people can run Reaver’s traitline as strong dps and control while using staff, d/d or s/f. That’s the wvw roaming or spvp no buff bot but retro ele phase. I hope we access to the 4 elements but they just have something like lingering enchantments that allow the abilities to bleed into the next attunement swap for like 8 or 10 seconds.

Not boons since they will be ripped or corrupted, but the actually elemental power of the 4 elements.

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Elementalist

Posted by: cgMatt.5162

cgMatt.5162

Also reducing radius will remove one of the few classes that can destroy hard to reach siege. We do not want that especially with the meta described above.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You got to make each meteor “rock” hit harder and hit 5 targets to make it viable in wvw. Ppl move way too freely for pAOE to have any real use so you must be able to land it on as many ppl and as hard as you can in a burst.

Meteor often dose not hit much harder then fire ball meteor only works well when you hit the same target a few times and making it smaller would not help because ppl are simply moving though it too fast. Its like hitting every one for 5% of there hp vs hitting a few ppl for 25% of there hp.

Any way staff not the dmg wepon like it use to be and anet seems to be ok with that i think meteor needs to do more cc effects if they are going to realty go that way with it.

Make scepter the real dmg wepon with burst aoe effects not pAoE (they simply no longer work in gw2). Say up its ranged to 1k ish makes some skills hit faster like dragon tooth. Add in some real dmg effects with water 1 and 2. Make more of its skills hit 3 targets air 2 and 3 earth 1 and 3. If ele wants to do real dmg in wvw its only going to be though low AoE 2-3 not 5 targets out side of melee dmg.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA