5= meteor shower, ok

staff water:
1=ok
2=ok
3=ok
4=frozen ground to 20 sec
5=ok

staff air:
1= first target strike =150 % damage second target = 100% damage, third target=25 % damage

2= lightning surge , casting time 3/4 sec
3=gust..ridicolus it never hit, 15 sec cd
4= ok
5= cd to 20, stun for 2 sec all target inside, no duration, just stun when hit, so no more combo field

staff earth
1= ok
2=eruption, ridicolous, remove the bleeding part, damage reduction 15-20 %, 1/4 cast, istant explode.
3=ok
4=ok
5=cd to 20 sec

s

i’m not english, so forgive me if i say something wrong.

suggestion: staff little redesign

in Elementalist

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Terrible suggestions, those make staff incredibly overpowered.

Here are mine:
Fire 1: affected by blasting staff
-
Lightning 1: Increased missile speed by 25% (stoning treatment)
Lightning 3: Increased hitbox and response.
-
Earth 2: Either reduce the cast time or exploding time. Having both makes this spell useless in any pvp environment.
Earth 4: Needs something. Whether it is more damage, utility, increased cripple or even blocking projectiles, it needs something considering it’s ridiculous cooldown.

Done, staff is already good in the right hands / build.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

in Elementalist

Posted by: titaniumm.2983

titaniumm.2983

i’m not agree at all..staff have ENORMOUS cooldown, compared to other set, with a casting time ridicolous..the damage is also the smallest compared to other weapon..

staff must have cc or damage, not both, i’m agree, but right now have nothing..

asking yourself why other player call a staff ele “free kill”..

no for make staff available in tpvp need a buff.

in pve or wvw could be fine, but in tpvp – spvp there’s no story, staff it’s totally underpower atm.

see staff necro, 16 sec (with trait) for chills aoe of 4 seconds..4 3/4 for 3 stack bleeding + regen aoe, and their traits reduces ALL staff skill..

sure we have water/arcana traits, but it don’t solve the staff ele problem..

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

staff is not a 1v1 class. their strength resides somewhere else.

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

titaniumm.2983

if u see staff in group play, i’m agree with you, it’s almost good..

but i see staff in also other contest..even 1 vs 1..staff necro, or staff mesmer is also good in 1 vs 1..we have 20 semi-useless spells (in 1 vs 1), the only good thing about staff atm is the range of 1200.

however, our d/d rock everything ^^

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

they can also weapon swap. if they stayed in staff the entire time they wouldn’t beat anyone at all.

Level 60 pvp

(edited by Razor.6392)

in Elementalist

titaniumm.2983

they can also weapon swap. if they stayed in staff the entire team they wouldn’t beat anyone at all.

just like us, we don’t kill no one with a staff, but we don’t have even the weapon swap..

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

they can also weapon swap. if they stayed in staff the entire team they wouldn’t beat anyone at all.

just like us, we don’t kill no one with a staff, but we don’t have even the weapon swap..

staff might be bad 1v1, but 20v20 its pretty good

cant say the same about other staff users.

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

titaniumm.2983

maybe mesmer, but i think staff necro is good even in 20 vs 20

every 36 seconds a fear aoe, every 16 seconds a chill aoe, every 5 sec a bleed aoe + regen..i think is good

in Elementalist

Razor.6392

chill, fear don’t do damage, bleeds are DoT lol…

Level 60 pvp

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

It isn’t all about damage however and catching the initial contact with an AOE fear and ensuring all their cool downs are covered in a Chill (to mention nothing of an easy AOE poison field and Area Weakness combo) on top of dropping absurdly powerful Wells means the Necro is no slouch in group combat, either.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

If you dismiss chill then you have no idea how powerful it is.

As for the staff, it’s the combos that make it exponentially more powerful the more players are near you. A single Frozen Field can cause up to a minute of chill in a group of 5 (though it’s duration is halved on dungeon bosses). A lava font can add a similar stack of burn. Meanwhile, just think of all the healing the water fields can give…there’s a reason rangers almost always us their healing springs.

Bottom line: when balancing the staff, consider the fact that we have combo fields. They must be weak when soloing, or they’ll be stupidly overpowered when in a group.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

titaniumm.2983

If you dismiss chill then you have no idea how powerful it is.

As for the staff, it’s the combos that make it exponentially more powerful the more players are near you. A single Frozen Field can cause up to a minute of chill in a group of 5 (though it’s duration is halved on dungeon bosses). A lava font can add a similar stack of burn. Meanwhile, just think of all the healing the water fields can give…there’s a reason rangers almost always us their healing springs.

Bottom line: when balancing the staff, consider the fact that we have combo fields. They must be weak when soloing, or they’ll be stupidly overpowered when in a group.

you’re right..sadly..

btw i would prefer have a good solo staff, instead a combo field generator almost useless in solo..

could be fun have a staff like i design, without combo field, and with a single trait that increase cooldown of certain spells making it combo field..

and for razor, staff 3 necro inflict damage, chill and poison..every 16 seconds..

(edited by titaniumm.2983)

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

could be fun have a staff like i design, without combo field, and with a single trait that increase cooldown of certain spells making it combo field

Not sure how easy that would be to implement…but it’s an interesting idea.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Elementalist

titaniumm.2983

could be fun have a staff like i design, without combo field, and with a single trait that increase cooldown of certain spells making it combo field

Not sure how easy that would be to implement…but it’s an interesting idea.

eheh i know..it’s just for talk

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

Maybe something like a reverse Blasting Staff where the target area doesn’t get smaller but the combo fields are removed for a 20% increased effect.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

titaniumm.2983

i thought about a “recharge all staff skill by 30 %, remove any combo field prducing by staff”

in Elementalist

Kodiak.3281

i thought about a “recharge all staff skill by 30 %, remove any combo field prducing by staff”

The problem with staff isn’t the cool downs. Most skills are quite spammable. In fact (other than the two very powerful ones in Water) we don’t have a single cool down above 30 seconds.

The biggest problem for staff is that a vast majority of it’s damage is either extremely slow or completely avoidable. This means the times you do actually do damage you need it to actually hit hard to make up for all the damage that your target will easily avoid.

This creates a problem design wise as they also have to account for scenarios such as in WvW or PvE where AOE is easier to land on large clumps of targets. If they increase the damage too much, this creates an issue where staff becomes the mandatory choice for WvW and PvE.

Unless they want to revert the EA nerf (which I doubt they want to further promote the 0/10/0/30/30 spec for Eles) this leaves staff in an odd position. The solution more than likely will end up being simply saying staff isn’t meant for SPvP and focusing on other areas instead.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

in Elementalist

ThiBash.5634

Buffing the staff’s auto attack projectiles a bit might be the best solution. It won’t affect group play much (if at all) but in 1v1, you end up using them a lot more often. Hence it would make the staff better at duelling while keeping the zerg damage the same.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

Blasting staff should be baseline, shouldn’t need to trait for it.

Earth 2: Decrease casting time by a full second.
Earth 4: Add 1 second of cripple.

Air 3: This has some issues with speed when it really shouldn’t.

Pipe dream: Replace something with a 900 range dash/RTL type skill.