support ele????

support ele????

in Elementalist

Posted by: jUsoNeaZnkYd.3105

jUsoNeaZnkYd.3105

just curious how U be a support Ele with 2 heals both on long cool downs…..I am only lvl 69 so I am no Ele expert, but am curious how a support ele work…….I played a disc arena priest in WoW and so, support is my fav style…..would love to know more about this.

support ele????

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQFAWhImgblR5gjCAkHnYCLlHzsjNA

Support is usually staff

That’s a build my friend is running.
Evasive arcana is a blast finisher (arcane lvl 30)
Evasive arcana in water is an aoe heal

Start by casting your healing rain, then dodge roll into it (end of your dodge must be in the water field), this will be an 2k aoe + 2k aoe blast finisher (depending on gear of course). The internal cd is around 9 seconds (per element), so you can only water dodge once for 2k heal, but if you switch fire you can do the fire dodge.

At the moment there is a bug, so you can double dodge in the same element (within the 9 sec cd) to gain 1x effect but 2x blast finisher. So if you cant switch, or don’t want to you can still get a bunch of heals. I think this will be patched soon so keep an eye on that.

Super heal combo:
Start in earth, cast eruption
Switch to water during cast
Que either heal field where eruption is
Dodge into heal field and cast arcane wave at the same time
Change element (to fire or air) – skip this step if you are using the bug
Dodge back into field.

Swap the healing field above with your fire field for massive might buff.

*Note your damage will be low with this build
*Best set is dwayna if you can get it in pve (don’t do high end pve sorry)
Dwayna is 5% chance to gain regen, and apply regen to allies and yourself on heal.
With the regen removes conditions you will remove so many conditions when you heal yourself in water

*You can swap out the cleansing wave water trait for 20% less cd on water skills to decrease your heals cool downs.

*Also you have 10 points free for whatever you want. 10 in earth for free amour of earth is nice.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

(edited by TGSlasher.1458)

support ele????

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

like said above, 0/10/0/30/30 is absolute amazing build.

If you run staff you do what said above. As a lvl 80 in full healing gear your water attunument swap and dodge can aoe heal upto 3000+. On top of that you have the fields and the biggest thing using blasts inside them (arcane wave/dodges). Have your team blast inside them!!! Making staff prolly the best healer for a team who knows the drill.

What you will notice is, you won’t be effective at all if you try to heal people who do not understand how you do it. They must stack into the water fields, they must use blasts inside them (shortbow rogues!). And you must learn to predict and aim them correctly.

Have patience and try healing as long as possible with just water swap + dodge (those will be the main part of your healing anyway). And then back to dps. Once you really need it, call your team close and “water field blast blast”.
Never just stick to water attunument, or any other for that matter. And dont start healing at 80%, just keep dpsing, dont waste time full time healing.

I have to disagree with above on one tho, this build is not bad dps. You get 2% more dmg for every boon on you, and if you play this build correctly, you blast inside fire fields and even use boon duration runes and might foods, and you will be rocking insane might stacks and doing more dps with this build than other builds.
This boosts all the group buffs (aoe might, protection, regen, …, all dat doogies) aswell, such a powerful thing for this spec.

Why I love this spec is aswell you can swap to great dagger dagger group spec (very good solo too ofc) in a instant. Pick Aura share from water tier 3, pick swiftness and fury from auras in air tier 1. With more burst healing but no fields. But high burst dps and more group buffs.

This really is the spec to go atm for group play.

[TA]

support ele????

in Elementalist

Posted by: fingerworks.4957

fingerworks.4957

Staff Water 1 skill, which is “Water Blast”, also has good amount of heal. Single shot only heal a bit, but you can just spam it during water attunement.

support ele????

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Staff Water 1 skill, which is “Water Blast”, also has good amount of heal. Single shot only heal a bit, but you can just spam it during water attunement.

Genrealy not worth it to cast.

It´s far better support to just swap attunements and either stack some might on your party, prevent mobs from getting to them with cc or deal some damage.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

support ele????

in Elementalist

fingerworks.4957

It´s far better support to just swap attunements and either stack some might on your party, prevent mobs from getting to them with cc or deal some damage.

Maybe I need to add more info for using Staff Water1. It’s just a possibility. You know you cant use CC much effective for gold mobs like champs, and dying tank is just useless. I often consider using it during fight agianst boss.

Staff Water 1 has a great possibility to add extra survivability to your tank or melee. Our needs is always survivability the best, so if you feel your tank, or melee have some problem to survive, just remind to stay with water attunment a little longer, and you might have different result. Ofcourse its gonna harm your own dps, so you don’t want to keep go for water attunment without any thought. Lack of damage might cause you different problem.

For Example, at CoE path1, I can just kill alpha without kite him. Stack to him with my whole party members, and just cast Staff Water 1, 3, 5, + Arcane Wave and Evasive arcana’s dodge. Basically it is the easiest way to do CoE path 1. I even dont need to change my attunment. Well, in real situation I did quick change attunments for get some nice buff for my allies with my Elemental Attunment, but I kept stay water attunment most and Staff Water 1 really did some nice work.

support ele????

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Maybe I need to add more info for using Staff Water1. It’s just a possibility. You know you cant use CC much effective for gold mobs like champs, and dying tank is just useless. I often consider using it during fight agianst boss.

Staff Water 1 has a great possibility to add extra survivability to your tank or melee. Our needs is always survivability the best, so if you feel your tank, or melee have some problem to survive, just remind to stay with water attunment a little longer, and you might have different result. Ofcourse its gonna harm your own dps, so you don’t want to keep go for water attunment without any thought. Lack of damage might cause you different problem.

For Example, at CoE path1, I can just kill alpha without kite him. Stack to him with my whole party members, and just cast Staff Water 1, 3, 5, + Arcane Wave and Evasive arcana’s dodge. Basically it is the easiest way to do CoE path 1. I even dont need to change my attunment. Well, in real situation I did quick change attunments for get some nice buff for my allies with my Elemental Attunment, but I kept stay water attunment most and Staff Water 1 really did some nice work.

immobilize, cripple and chilled work on mobst with defiant.

That´s propably one of the few cases where water staff 1 is useful. but like i said, in general it´s usualy more beneficial to use other things you have.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

support ele????

in Elementalist

fingerworks.4957

That´s propably one of the few cases where water staff 1 is useful. but like i said, in general it´s usualy more beneficial to use other things you have.

yeah, Im not talking about a general use, nor I meant to. If my explanation mislead you sorry. We can use water staff 1 only “pain but not dead” situation, and we do not have those cases that often.

TG already mentioned about blust combo, and so did Sabull explain aura, I just add another clue.

support ele????

in Elementalist

jUsoNeaZnkYd.3105

where do I get vit/pwr/healing gear?

support ele????

in Elementalist

jUsoNeaZnkYd.3105

also, what is a cantrip????

support ele????

in Elementalist

jUsoNeaZnkYd.3105

how do the combo fields work? what is this?

support ele????

in Elementalist

Posted by: Morguean.6041

Morguean.6041

Well my sexy elementalist is support… staff. Yes I only have 2 main heals, but the auto attack from water attunement using a staff is a heal for everything around that target… so, keep attacking something near people.

Also the water elemental… do not forget to use him..lol

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VkZ;1J0R0-U085sN-Z0;9;59-TT;14;304A47A;6nBnBnBnB3NX

thats my build, my utilities, and pretty much everything

I am using clerics masquerade gear. I am focused on support and healing.

support ele????

in Elementalist

Morguean.6041

I would like to add that the auto attack in water is immensely useful.. thats your main heal to be honest… assuming you get your stats to where you want them.. but going from wow where the heals are more purpose driven..

IE I cast a heal on my party because they are losing health.
in GW2 I put down a water combo field, if they need some insta healing I combo off that with arcane blast for burst healing, I keep them up with staff 1. this isnt some complex rotation, this isnt some situation where you NEED to be focus healing anyone in specific. staff support is basically aoe healing, its old school druid healing..

or maybe shammie chain heal..lol

support ele????

in Elementalist

Morguean.6041

forgot to add I use a sigil of superior water in my staff

support ele????

in Elementalist

Posted by: delmarqo.5038

delmarqo.5038

how do the combo fields work? what is this?

Combos are fields and finishers.

Some spells cast a Field based. For example: Staff Water5 is the afforementioned Healing Rain. This is a Water field.

Other spells cast a Finisher effect. For example: Staff Earth1 is a projectile finisher.

If you cast a Finisher through a Field, you get a combo effect. In the cast of a Projectile Finisher like Staff Earth 1 being cast through a Field like Staff Water5, you apply a Regeneration boon to yourself and other players.

This is very useful in solo PvE. But the real beauty of this (to me) comes when there’s lots of players in an area. Every class can cast Finishers through your fields. Get into a large-ish DE run with other players around and the combos are crazy.

And when you add attunement swapping, you can basically have Conditions and Boons firing off all the time.

This site has a handy chart on fields and finishers:
http://www.tlcguild.com/content/combo-fields-finishers-elementalist

support ele????

in Elementalist

jUsoNeaZnkYd.3105

nice, thnxs for that info on fields and finishers…….sooo, what exactly are cantrips????

support ele????

in Elementalist

Posted by: Voltric.6920

Voltric.6920

nice, thnxs for that info on fields and finishers…….sooo, what exactly are cantrips????

stun break spells for an elementalist.