tornado`s skills and correct use?

in Elementalist

Posted by: ViperBruiser.3852

ViperBruiser.3852

i dont see a huge different in the stances? skill 2 blinds sometimes, sometimes it doesn’t? how many targets does it blind?
why should i use skill 3? i don’t see a difference oO
do i have to spam the skills? i dont think so but i feel better when i do.
i tested so much but i don’t see a difference^^

hi.

(edited by ViperBruiser.3852)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Airwolf.5287

Airwolf.5287

I think Tornado should work off the attunement instead.
Get rid of the skills and change to…

Damage: whatever the calculation is to determine this
Stability: 15 s
10% chance to pull targets towards you. (up to 5)
Radius: 240
Combo Finisher: Whirl
Duration: 15 s

While attuned to…
Fire: 25% Chance to Burn for 3 seconds (change the whirl to grant Might instead)
Air: 25% Chance to Stun for 1 second.
Water: 25% Chance to Chill for 3 seconds. (change the whirl to grant Regeneration)
Earth: 25% Chance to Bleed for 5 seconds.

Probably too overpowered, but I rather have it more interesting than just spamming 3 skills that I think don’t even work properly.

(edited by Airwolf.5287)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Adastra.9821

Adastra.9821

Tornado works by firing projectiles at regular intervals depending on the skill you selected so you don’t have to spam it and can target outside of the tornado radius. Lightning fires chain lightning like the staff air auto. The blind is a dust devil like scepter earth 3. The last one is a rock that does a single target knockdown.

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Skill 2 sends out a dust devil (scepter 3 earth) so you can walk out of the way and it misses.

Skill 1 is mediocore vs 1, gets better with more foes.
Skill 3 …. the delay is so long that it is not funny then there is the travel time. It has a nice launch effect, but unless you can hit someone its pretty useless.

Usually activating tornado = death. Elementalists sustain comes from heals, and being a gigantic tornado heals no one. Tornado is also good to be used in a field that will last long enough, as it is a whirl finisher.

Finally, if a foe just walks away, well you cant use it at all. The best place to use this skill is on a point in pvp that a foe is trying to take from you, though you need to use it correctly not just press and forget like some other elites.

Compaired to FGS and Elemental it is bad. Underwater version is better, but when you vs thieves that are like, “hello infinite dodge trololol” you die just as easily.

My friend who has mained ele since release started playing necro for pvp over the weekend, tried out “plague”, and said, “it’s like the elementalist tornado, only not useless”

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Fun fact: Tornado is the only elite which looks elite (supply-drop may count aswell) but is at the same time the most useless elite in the game. Id go as far as to double the damage, make it an invul and replace the push with a pull or give an option do decide if you want to launch em of a point or keep em in your tornado radius.
Invul tornado wouldn´t even be op, as of people can easily avoid it.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

My friend who has mained ele since release started playing necro for pvp over the weekend, tried out “plague”, and said, “it’s like the elementalist tornado, only not useless”

Nuff said. What is your friend’s name. I have to give him some of my gold.

And with lotsa boon stealing/converting shizt happening from thieves, mesmers, and necros, you can get feared, slowed, immobilized until tornado wears off. As if it’s not easily kite-able without those CCs. Lololol

Too much drawback and counters for a not so very reliant and a very situational elite.
Compared to this:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dagger_Storm

Shorter CD, reflect projectiles, decent damage.

If only Tornado destroys projectiles and not even reflect it, then reduce duration a little bit, I might actually CONSIDER slotting this as my Elite.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

(edited by Gallrvaghn.4921)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Fun fact:
Tornado incrases power (a lot), and power increases damage.
Ele has skils that keep hitting after cast and thus benefit from any additional power gained after the cast.

Go figure a use for tornado.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rieselle.5079

Rieselle.5079

I want an Elite nuke of some sort. In fact, I demand it! :P

Since Tornado is pretty useless anyways, I propose we change it from a transform to an elite version of Glyph of Storms.

ie.

Tornado:
Create a tornado based on your attunement. Ground targeted AOE.
Fire – High damage, tornado, also meteors fall around target area
Air – Blinds, tornado, plus lightning falls around target area
Earth – Tornado, plus giant rocks fall around target area that interrupt.
Water – Chills, heals allies.

in Elementalist

Posted by: SilencingMachine.5049

SilencingMachine.5049

Correct use of Tornado?

Unslot.

-Naturale
Huntsmen(HM) elem
Jade Quarry

in Elementalist

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

The “become a tornado” thing is INSANELY awesome.
But why the heck can people hit and huge rotating dustcloud with swords and apply bleeds/poison it. Burn might make SOME sense, but the rest?

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Hell Avenger.7021

Hell Avenger.7021

A lot of classes’ elite are useless. It is a problem with Elite skills.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ptolomy.6984

Ptolomy.6984

We need the elite: Use an extra utility slot!

in Elementalist

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

Nuff said. What is your friend’s name. I have to give him some of my gold.

And with lotsa boon stealing/converting shizt happening from thieves, mesmers, and necros, you can get feared, slowed, immobilized until tornado wears off. As if it’s not easily kite-able without those CCs. Lololol

Too much drawback and counters for a not so very reliant and a very situational elite.
Compared to this:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dagger_Storm

Shorter CD, reflect projectiles, decent damage.

If only Tornado destroys projectiles and not even reflect it, then reduce duration a little bit, I might actually CONSIDER slotting this as my Elite.

Lol, Luilas.
He was running a power necro and even using plague just to try it out (condition elite) he still thought it was better then tornado. He only had base condition damage.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in Elementalist

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

I want an Elite nuke of some sort. In fact, I demand it! :P

Since Tornado is pretty useless anyways, I propose we change it from a transform to an elite version of Glyph of Storms.

ie.

Tornado:
Create a tornado based on your attunement. Ground targeted AOE.
Fire – High damage, tornado, also meteors fall around target area
Air – Blinds, tornado, plus lightning falls around target area
Earth – Tornado, plus giant rocks fall around target area that interrupt.
Water – Chills, heals allies.

lol this is exactly the same that i want from it

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

Tornado’s usefulness has been an issue for a while now. In fact, many elite skills just don’t have the “moment of power” that makes them elite. While this interview is really dated, this is what elite skills were described as:

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-12-04/arenanet_talks_about_skill_system_especially_elite_skills_in_guild_wars_2,2.shtml

What I want to know is, where are these elite skills that they are talking about?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Tornado’s usefulness has been an issue for a while now. In fact, many elite skills just don’t have the “moment of power” that makes them elite. While this interview is really dated, this is what elite skills were described as:

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2010-12-04/arenanet_talks_about_skill_system_especially_elite_skills_in_guild_wars_2,2.shtml

What I want to know is, where are these elite skills that they are talking about?

There are a lot of game changing Elites IMO and the ones on the top of my head are:

Spirit Nature
Supply Crate
Plague
Mass Invisibility

The ones that has the looks to be a terrifying and strong elite but turned out to be some sort of kamikaze joke are:

Tornado
Lich Form

These two are the worst offenders IMO. Transforming into a vicious entity, locking yourself out of weapon skills, healing, and utility to supposedly bring something stronger to the table however you just become a large priority punching bag with no real threat whatsoever.

When I see tornado or Lich right beside me, I just pop stability, kite, and bleed him to death since I know he has no way of cleansing them while transformed. He’ll basically go down even before the end of the transform duration which I think is reaaaaalllly long. Ten seconds tops is more than enough as long as your transformation made an impact. And this is talking PVP, WvW stuff.

I don’t really remember the last time I had seen tornado used in PVE so..

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Ele has the worst elite choices of all the classes IMO. The sooner we can choose to slot another utility in the elite slot, the happier the whole player will be.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Elementalist

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

Tornado, a word which means noob in Latin.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in Elementalist

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Correct use of Tornado?

Unslot.

This pretty much sums up the situation of the Tornado.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

in Elementalist

Posted by: Antiriad.7160

Antiriad.7160

Tornado also lasts shorter than other classes’ “comparable” elites.

Colin ‘The Liar’ Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on equal power base.”

in Elementalist

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

There are a lot of game changing Elites IMO and the ones on the top of my head are:

Spirit Nature
Supply Crate
Plague
Mass Invisibility

The ones that has the looks to be a terrifying and strong elite but turned out to be some sort of kamikaze joke are:

Tornado
Lich Form

These two are the worst offenders IMO. Transforming into a vicious entity, locking yourself out of weapon skills, healing, and utility to supposedly bring something stronger to the table however you just become a large priority punching bag with no real threat whatsoever.

When I see tornado or Lich right beside me, I just pop stability, kite, and bleed him to death since I know he has no way of cleansing them while transformed. He’ll basically go down even before the end of the transform duration which I think is reaaaaalllly long. Ten seconds tops is more than enough as long as your transformation made an impact. And this is talking PVP, WvW stuff.

I don’t really remember the last time I had seen tornado used in PVE so..

It’s funny, the elites that you view as game changing are what I view as underwhelming. I’m not trying to talk down about your views, but to me, I have issues with these elites (having played with all the classes except warrior, I can’t stand their typical playstyle):

1. Mass Invisibility affects 10 people (though, it’s understandable since any more and wvw zergs will be more ridiculous) and lasts 5 seconds. For me, that feels 5 seconds too short.
  2. Supply crate grants 3 more turrets and 6 bandages (4 turrets and 9 bandages when traited), but you can’t overcharge them and when large groups or strong enemies target the turrets, good luck with turning the tide.
  3. Spirit of Nature: I can’t say anything because I rarely use this enough to know the applications in pve/wvw/pvp.
  4. Plague is lacking somewhat. I guess when it was mentioned in the previews, I envisioned it as an elite transformation that applied ALL the conditions (for 2 seconds) each second that the player stands near enemies. I guess that’s what having an imagination and high expectations will do to you :/

As for tornado and lich form, they absolutely need to be buffed. Tornado is rarely used because it’s too easy to take down an ele (lowest base HP and armor) and doesn’t have any concrete danger factor (unless you’re standing on a high and narrow bridge with no stability). Lich Form, on the other hand, just doesn’t have any real impact as opposed to its visual impact.

(edited by DanteZero.9736)

in Elementalist

Posted by: kaid.7695

kaid.7695

The only saving grace of tornado for me is it works underwater. Given pretty much none of our other elites is usable underwater it is at least something.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

The only saving grace of tornado for me is it works underwater. Given pretty much none of our other elites is usable underwater it is at least something.

Yeah but then its not tornado,but actually something usefull.