ugh, ele soooo expensive to gear

in Elementalist

Posted by: pulupulu.9730

pulupulu.9730

I am constantly poor, trying to get different set of gears for different builds.

I suppose that is one major down side of being versatile.

Zerker pve set… WvW dps set, condition set, pvt set, healer set… so on.

I doubt I have spend as much as some of you guys, especially those with celestial sets.

Anyone want to share how much gold they have spend on their ele so far? (I think I am in the 500 gold range)

Also, was it easier to craft legendary staff back then? or is it easier nowadays?

(edited by pulupulu.9730)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Dahir.4158

Dahir.4158

Let’s put it this way: since the first month after launch.

Broski

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Way easier to craft a legendary before rather than now.

I’m not sure how much I’ve actually spent. But if all the stuff I got for my two Elementalists were converted to gold, probably ~1,000-1,250 gold. But a large chunk of that expense was Incinerator, which wasn’t necessary.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Elementalist

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

Instead of getting all those sets why not just get celestial gear?

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

in Elementalist

pulupulu.9730

Instead of getting all those sets why not just get celestial gear?

I find celestial to have “wasted” stats. Because there isn’t a single engagement in WvW that I would actually use all my stats, aside 1v1 roaming, which I don’t do often at all.

Then there is the cost of celestial stuffs, and the crit dmg nerf. Just not worth it imo. Maybe when it become cheap, I might try it out, but I honestly doubt it can become a regular go-to set.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Never mind the armor costs, when you find proper stats you still need 1-4 copies of the sets for different runes, some of which costs 6×8g for the set.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Luxiel.3240

Luxiel.3240

Never mind the armor costs, when you find proper stats you still need 1-4 copies of the sets for different runes, some of which costs 6×8g for the set.

Try 6×10.5 for the new Strength Runes, which skyrocketed from 2.5 to 11g in mere 2 days.

in Elementalist

Posted by: serapheles.5409

serapheles.5409

I use Ascended Celestial armor with strength runes for PvE and WvW, and have a set of Exotic Berserker’s I made when raising my Tailoring to 500 (though I don’t actually use it, since I don’t do dungeons). I don’t feel like it’s wasted stats, since literally all of them are used in WvW (my main mode). Ascended armor in general is super expensive, but the exotic versions are pretty similar for a fraction of the cost. The fact that you apparently have 5+ sets of armor seems insane to me, especially the condition/healer sets.

IDK, zerker trinkets, zerker weapons, an ascended armor set (which was a long term goal), and the sigils/upgrades for them all felt like quite a bit of an upfront cost, but trade laurels for rings, shop smart (I didn’t pay more than 7g for any of my 6 strength runes), and don’t rush something if you can make due with what you have and it’s not that bad.

Oh, and don’t make your “I’m back in the game after a year and a half away” goal be to make an Ascended Triforge Pendant. Spend that gold somewhere else.

The Random Number Gods are nothing if not predictable.
Crafting is designed for gear accessibility, not profit.

in Elementalist

Posted by: design.6057

design.6057

probably about 6000 gold on my ele now, after full ascended sets for pve and wvw, incinerator and meteorlogicus

Sorrow Night / Seven Truths

in Elementalist

pulupulu.9730

The fact that you apparently have 5+ sets of armor seems insane to me, especially the condition/healer sets.

I only have 3 sets right now. Crit damage valkyrie, dire condition, pvt. =( Working toward healer. Most of my armor are exotic, while most trinket and weapon are ascended. (all ascended weapon were from teq drop)

I am considering getting a legendary… thinking to be focus (only because it feel reachable, and stat swapping could be nice, and if i make a mesmer focus is needed), but not entirely sure.

(edited by pulupulu.9730)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bluefox.9580

Bluefox.9580

I would guesstimate roughly 10-15k gold, including gem store armor sets. This includes a fully omni-power infused ascended zerk set (excluding offensive slots, WvW>Omni ), Bifrost, and Xanthium. You can imagine how well I took the zerk nerf resetting all that money’s worth of effectiveness.

Then there’s at least 1-2k gold in simply trashed items, such as an entire rune of divinity set I replaced with traveler when they were new, thanks to them being on very expensive pieces of armor. I’ve also built and trashed exotic armor sets (such as clerics) back in the day when I made builds to experiment with that didn’t pan out.

I don’t even want to think of the amount of money I’ve spent on food.

1.5 years of income, 95% of which has gone to ele. I think I’m going to stop thinking about these numbers now.

Bluefox Matari – Elementalist – Maguuma

in Elementalist

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I have spent a lot of gold on my ele, but not nearly as much as Bluefox. I think every copper was worth it because ele is awesome

in Elementalist

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i have spent about 1000 or more to equip my ele…

Then i started to drop wupwup box everywhere -.-

Btw trust me low level fractals drops gloves, shoulders and boots with wupwup in them that is extremely efficient for WWW (central pieces and helm are less efficient).

If you plan saving money some level 20-40 runs could save you lot of moneys.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

I’m guessing a lot, I have 4 80’s but whenever I get something good It’s goes on my Ele. I crafted Bifrost & Minstrel for my Ele, Ascended Zerk armour and my original Exotic zerk armour. I’ve been through multiple rune sets, Traveler, Divinity, Strength. Full ascended zerk trinkets and some other stats.

I’m not even sure to be honest.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

Eles are stupidly expensive to gear. My ele has a 300+ gold debt to society. It was starting to pay it off, but then I had to spend 60g on strength runes…

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in Elementalist

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I love my ele. She is probably the most fashionable and thoroughly used across all my characters. She didn’t even started as my main but now I’m dead set on getting all the legendaries equipable by ele for her. Has a war or a guard been my main, it would be even more expensive to gear.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

in Elementalist

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

I new to eles so I only have pve-zerker gear. For WvW what gear should I go for? Soldier? Celestial? I d like to roam and some. zergging.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Rudy.6184

Rudy.6184

Celestial. Only celestial XD

in Elementalist

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Not much. Well aside from the costs of leveling up up the crafting to 500 for 2 professions; I spent maybe 40 gold on all the gear and runes combined.

If we add in the cost of the ascended staff and 1 piece of ascended armor I have, I’m closer to 150 gold spent. This is for a pure WvW dps build.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Klocknov.8219

Klocknov.8219

3k is lowest estimate because of food. So yeah but my best geustimate would be 5k. But I shop cheap, I tend to place the best buy-order I think I can to get everything in a week untill I get rushy, and when it is 4-6 items at a time I never feel the rush as with 250 of a mat. Not to mention my end-game goal is to have 1 of each legendary for the ele. But as of the moment I am focusing on getting all the gem-store skins for that purge they may do again. They did it once to get rid of stuff, so making sure.

Past that I have 300g in to an Mesmer 100g in to an Engineer and about 100g in to the Guardian Necro and Ranger. Then 70g in to thief. My main is pretty noticable XD Warrior I have 0 in to unless a lvl 20 scroll can be counted in gold XD Wait make that two!

Do I regret what I spent on ele? Not a single bit, do I find it expensive to gear, nope. I have dropped 70g in to theif and still have yet to find a build I like, 300 in to mesmer and still have a set I like except for PvE. Guardian, Necro and Ranger all got lucky to have so much tokens to gear them out that all I needed to worry about was weapons.

(edited by Klocknov.8219)