which legendary should I go for?

in Elementalist

Posted by: sanri.2798

sanri.2798

Hi,

I’m fairly new to GW2 and lvl 80. I am currently dual wielding daggers and was thinking of going for incinerator x2 as my legendary weapon. With HoT (and tempest for me coming soon)…
1. Do I need to use a warhorn as a tempest?
2. Should I go for a warhorn instead of a dagger legendary weapon?

Sorry. I created the original post in wrong thread

in Elementalist

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Warhorn is underwhelming, I’d wait for the 2nd gen warhorn if you really want to play tempest.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i wouldn’t use warhorn at all, it’s underwhelming.

so far i felt like scepter was the best weapon for tempest (it was kind of a surprise lol) because using overloads doesn’t cripple your rotation that much and scepter fire skills + overload are basically instant 25 might.

i have both incinerator and meteorlogicus and i like them both a lot.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

sanri.2798

2nd gen warhorn? Is there going to be a new set of legendaries released with HoT?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Autumn.8043

Autumn.8043

Yes, there will be a second generation of Legendaries with Heart of Thorns but only three will be available along with the release of Raids (not the expansion launch). Those three are the Staff, Axe and Pistol. You can read more about it here https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/hot-new-legendary-weapons/

As for Legendaries on Elementalist, I couldn’t really choose just one. I’m a little bias since I have them all but I will say I use Incinerator and Bifrost the most.
In the case of Warhorn, I haven’t seen much that interests me (apart from Heatsync) to take it instead of an off-hand dagger or focus. If you craft Incinerator you will be able to use it as both a main hand and an off-hand, where as Warhorn will only be an off-hand.

At the end of the day, craft whatever you like the most.

(edited by Autumn.8043)

in Elementalist

sanri.2798

Yeah. I originally started to work towards the incinerator. My weaponsmithing is at 300+ at this time, but with HoT, I was thinking whether I should switch. Still, with the new legendary staff, maybe I should go down that route first.

in Elementalist

Posted by: cursE.1794

cursE.1794

I crafted an incinerator for my ele and never regretted it. There is nothing better than roaming wvw maps with two incinerators as d/d ele. If you like thief, you will also have a second class that can put it to good use.

However, make sure that you have played the elementalist for a while and also taken a look into other classes before you craft the incinerator. Maybe you fall in love with the new revenant class and would’ve wished to craft the hammer for example. My thoughts after crafting twilight for my necro and then seeing the revenant go crazy in pvp during BW2….

Edit: Do not go for any tempest crap at this point.

(edited by cursE.1794)

in Elementalist

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Whichever one you think looks the nicest or has the most enjoyable skill set

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

in Elementalist

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Bifrost is the first legendary I made and it’s still the one I like the most (I also have Incin and Meteorlogicus). Incinerator is nice for pvp. Scepter/Focus isn’t as viable as it used to be and Warhorn so far is bad.

in Elementalist

Posted by: ionix.9054

ionix.9054

Go incinerator if you are looking to WvWvW(roam < 5 man)/PvP and want to look awesome doing it.

Go Bifrost if you WvWvW (zerg) and love to PvE.

I went Bifrost then Incinerator. I think Bifrost still looks incredible.

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Honestly, don’t worry about your crafting levels for legendaries at this point. If you plan on building them and just started, they are very far away. Just play the game and get used to all the weapons to find out which you prefer. Each has its advantages in different encounters, so try to learn the play-styles with every weapon.

Before you even worry about precursors, you will need to collect all the materials (T6 mats, icy runestones, etc.), and it is best to do all that gradually rather than rushing through a grind.

By the time you have many of the mats you’ll need, you should have enough experience to better decide for yourself.

in Elementalist

sanri.2798

Yeah. I’ve decided to work for ascended first. Am thinking of Meteorlogicus as I tried a mesmer for a short while using scepter and enjoyed that. Never tried Scepter as a elementalist.

in Elementalist

Posted by: OneKlicKill.4285

OneKlicKill.4285

If you PvP Incinin hands down.
If you PvE maybe staff, Meteroligis is sick too. (when im in PvE im almost always staff or scepter for might stacking)

If you wana live on the edge you could build bolt before the tempest announcement, bind it to your mesmer and lose the gamble, say kitten you anet, shelf your ele and play rev. I mean, that’s what I did… (I personally don’t like any aspect of the tempest from its play cadence, utilities, weapon, traits etc… but that’s just me. Also WH is basically the least cosmetically visible Current Leg, I wouldn’t go for it.)

Please skill/trait split and give control to the PvP team. Karl is fucking killing us

in Elementalist

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Actually, I gave it some more thought, and this is the REAL answer:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kraitkin

#UnderwaterLife #HoTnoUnderWaterLegendary #Hipster

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

my friends sometimes laugh when they see that i have an underwater legendary because in pvp there is 0 underwater combat. i don’t have kraitkin but kamohoali which i use on all classes that can use a spear lol. it’s one of the single best legendaries in the game with amazing effects and animations; even the aura is very nice and available on land with certain tricks :P

i hope one day spears become land weapons. or we at least get them as staff skins.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

my friends sometimes laugh when they see that i have an underwater legendary because in pvp there is 0 underwater combat. i don’t have kraitkin but kamohoali which i use on all classes that can use a spear lol. it’s one of the single best legendaries in the game with amazing effects and animations; even the aura is very nice and available on land with certain tricks :P

i hope one day spears become land weapons. or we at least get them as staff skins.

I got an underwater legendary, too. I originally got Bifrost first and then got every single legendary possible for ele. My favourite is still Bifrost, followed by Incinerator.

Imo, get whatever you like the most, no point in getting a legendary you won’t like, but I assume dagger will still be used in many builds and staff will be used at least in the old dungeons, I don’t know about raids.