why fresh air is not a "buff"

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

the change to fresh air removed the icd of the skill that used to be 5 seconds.

on first thought this might sound interesting but it is not that great after all.

what will it do? it will allow you to proc air strike on attune and superspeed more often, but what will you lose?

it will encourage you to skip through your other attunements, putting them on cooldown just to switch to air again. the problem is, if you do this without calculating in your air cooldowns you will be a sitting duck, getting that strike and superspeed but not having any skills left if you wasted them before. normally those 5 seconds of icd would were enough to use necessary skills on other attunements and it was also enough to recharge your lightning strike on scepter.

it is a very situational “buff” and if used wrong it can be your certain death. if used right you can make use of instant blinds and movement when needed

it also won’t make up for the loss of the air damage modifiers.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Elementalist

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

its going to be great for dagger/focus users. the auto attack alone makes it worth going into air. focus also won’t be tied down to its lack of mobility any longer.

Bad Elementalist

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

problem with dagger focus is, you don’t really want to go in melee range with 1800 armor and 14k hp.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Mattmatt.4962

Mattmatt.4962

DD:
Pop fire ring while switching to air
proc lighting strike, use lighting whip
Switch to water during the 2nd lightning whip (let’s say we’re currently at 2 sec on fire field duration (1,5sec from lightning whip + human’s slow)
Frozen burst for blast finisher.
Assuming we got a crit out of frozen burst or lightning whip,
Switch to air, once again 2lightning whip (or one if you plan to blast the field with EA) (we’re at 4sec)
switch to earth during the operation (AA or dodge)
I think you have enough time to pull out one more blast like 4 or 5.

Need to be tested out tho
If you can perform a perfect rotation while procing 3lightning strike, its pretty good (3 cause after earth you go to air and enjoy beeing able to use lightning whip instead of any other crappy AA ^^)

You wont be able to use Fresh air if you need to use Water EA for cleanse/heal cause the fire field wont last enough for the earth blast.
Promote choice in gameplay #skill

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

It does the job well :-)

(edited by Mattmatt.4962)

in Elementalist

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

so in fact you say it will be bad because people can’t play? cool

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

what i say is that it’s not as crazy good as some people or karl might think.

in Elementalist

Mattmatt.4962

It’s definitely stronger than before, but not that much due to the CD on other attunement when attuning to air. That’s what prevent you of a perfect roation Fire Air Water Air Earth Air with the might stack combo and possibility to use Water EA. It would be a bit OP i think if we could do that, aka if Fresh air negated the 1,5 cd on every attunement when swapping

Tempest seems made careful not to make ele better in any way, since that would be bad

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

why would you even do that, rushing through all attunements without using the skills and just going for air all the time. it leaves you with all attunements on cooldown and you sitting on air.

in Elementalist

Mattmatt.4962

If fresh air were to be; in addition, negating cd the 1,5sec cd on swap, you could use every single needed cd + chain combo blast + sit in air for like 3-5sec while other attunement are recharging … are you sure you’re an “ele for a kitten long time” ? That’s freaking OP, lightning whip is the best AA. In the current set up, you HAVE TO sit a bit in some attunement, using sometimes weak AA. Fresh air enables you to CHOOSE! between, using standard roation with higher dps (only lightning whip as AA and lightning strike), or using a standard rotation and use needed water skill (2, 5 and EvaA).
Choice = less predictable = good for DD ele.
Its good for scepter too, cause it will never be locked with stupid AAs due to the old 5sec icd

in Elementalist

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Fresh air does negate the attunement swap cd at the moment, for the air attunement only though.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

in Elementalist

Mattmatt.4962

OFC it does, i’m just explaining why it isnt as strong as it seems: because it doesnt negate it for other attunement. And explaining it would be certainly op if it was negating it (for other attunement).

(edited by Mattmatt.4962)

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Ok I get your point, and I agree

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

and because we all know how good one trick ponies are it would be totally viable to just sit in air for 3-5s after wasting all your attunement cooldowns….

in Elementalist

Mattmatt.4962

OMG do you even read me ??? Do you just R E A D ?

where did i waste my attunement cd ? quote me and show me where plz
You can’t cause i said that if you need to use your water skill (only attunement that must be “sacrified” for a full use of fresh air and a full fire blast combo) you can CHOOSE to use them. The cost is either one less use of fresh air (water into earth without passing by air), either one less fire field blast (saving a dodge roll is nice, especially with the vigor nerf)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I agree, it’s a horrible buff. It won’t be fun to play or play against. I did have in mind a buff where they would nerf this damage and actually improve something else…like AA, you know.

in Elementalist

Posted by: littlenana.8150

littlenana.8150

Guys…it is a horrible, terribad, useless buff.

Now lets talk about how awesome, great, fantastic that they get rid of Fire Embrace.

(last thing you wanna do is to praise the goodness of a trait or post a build based on it)

Fire Embrace we will miss u!

in Elementalist

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

I don’t understand why you are all complaining about this change. It’s a buff, not a big one but a buff nonetheless. Also it will make life easier for FA eles, because managing ICD while managing all the usual ele business is quite something. I say be grateful! It’s a sensible change. Reward the devs with your gratitude when they make sensible changes and we may see more of these

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Now lets talk about how awesome, great, fantastic that they get rid of Fire Embrace.

(last thing you wanna do is to praise the goodness of a trait or post a build based on it)

By all 30 of you in all of gw2!

Its a major buff effectively you have 4 air atuments on-top of having a base 10 sec cd on atuments with the ability to push it down to 8.5 sec. Its more then d/d though or s/other staff can get use out of the new fresh air due to its persisting dmg effects images dropping a metor and jumping to air each time you get a crit. Soon staff ele is going to be able to gank in wvw or even spvp. As for pve the dmg out put should be all the higher.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

littlenana.8150

Its a major buff effectively you have 4 air atuments on-top of having a base 10 sec cd on atuments with the ability to push it down to 8.5 sec. Its more then d/d though or s/other staff can get use out of the new fresh air due to its persisting dmg effects images dropping a metor and jumping to air each time you get a crit. Soon staff ele is going to be able to gank in wvw or even spvp. As for pve the dmg out put should be all the higher.

Do i have to explicitly tell you…the more you talk about how great a buff is..

the more likely it will be on the nerf list in the future patches?

Consider how many posts/builds we had all based on Fire Embrace..Poof all gone.
Now do us a favor, and keep all this Fresh Air hype to yourself.

I am sure the majority of eles are smart enough to use the right traits nowadays,
since not many are left : P ( Bye Fire Embrace…Bye)

in Elementalist

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I am sure the majority of eles are smart enough to use the right traits nowadays,

It is a buff, but a really crappy one. That goes both ways. I assume it’s not going to be fun to play nor play against it.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

All 2 builds? Fire embrace was an very nite build that most ppl did not run and going crazy over the lost of something so finite feels more like a “look at what they did becuse i cant deal with the changes” thing to point out. Most likely One did not truly play that type of build as a main thing. One wanted to run bolt to the heart and Fresh air so ones attking the update even if it was a buff to the build.

I mean look at the upheaval of EA update and the numbers behind it now look at the upheaval of FE or even the BttH one is out match in every way GET OVER IT.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in Elementalist

littlenana.8150

There are always people like you that brags about every good aspect of the class.
Then Devs get the false impression that those things need to be adjusted.

“Omg ride the lightning so goood” <— Double CD!
(Long time ago..but..Never forgive! Never forget!)
“Bolt to the heart is just way better than One with Air” <— Move to GM
“heres my epic 24/7 protection condi build with Fire Embrace” <— Gone!
….

I can continue on this list of unnecessary nerfs/changes…

We should stop feeding them ideas of what to nerf next.
I mean classes like Necros, warriors who got the nerf hammer this time are already waiting to gut us. I can imagine several hate posts about nerfing eles after June23.

And no. Fresh Air isnt that great to start with.
Only daggers/Scepters ever use it. Otherwise, its a waste of GM.
Same argument as you said about Fire Embrace being an underused build LOL.

(edited by littlenana.8150)

in Elementalist

Jekkt.6045

come and gank me with your 3/4 casting times on staff… berserk staff ele will never be viable in conquest and this won’t change with the fresh air change either.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

its going to be great for dagger/focus users. the auto attack alone makes it worth going into air. focus also won’t be tied down to its lack of mobility any longer.

Have you been playing too much pve elementalist QQ, scepter is much closer to viable for pvp.

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Elementalist

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

All 2 builds? Fire embrace was an very nite build that most ppl did not run and going crazy over the lost of something so finite feels more like a “look at what they did becuse i cant deal with the changes” thing to point out. Most likely One did not truly play that type of build as a main thing. One wanted to run bolt to the heart and Fresh air so ones attking the update even if it was a buff to the build.

I mean look at the upheaval of EA update and the numbers behind it now look at the upheaval of FE or even the BttH one is out match in every way GET OVER IT.

Leaving fire to go into air on staff is a dps loss. L2P

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.