wvwvw build?

wvwvw build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Teerwik.1650

Teerwik.1650

Anyone have any suggestions on a wvwvw build.

Was either considering trying straight up condition build with heavy burning and a side of bleeding, or maybe straight berserker mobility build, or even a bunker.

If anyone has any suggestions with specifics please do tell. Damage numbers/ ability of their build as well.

Thanks

wvwvw build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kietay.2345

Kietay.2345

If you get Exotic Power/Precision/Crit gear and weapons, and go totally fire/air you can down entire groups of people on walls or attacking walls with a combination of meteor shower and elemental storm followed up by an earth 5 attack.

Not only does it down them but you usually get the kill too.

Otherwise you can go into a balanced spec with d/d and go on roams. If you know how to swap attunements often and use combos you will have a very easy time harassing the enemy, using myst and ride the lightning to never die.

wvwvw build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kodiak.3281

Kodiak.3281

I like the standard Beserker glass cannon spec the most (30/30/0/10/0) as well. Critting with just lightning auto attacks on the run for 2-4k per bounce is just brutal. Yesterday I defended an entire tower by myself killing around 20-30 people cause I found a vantage spot that they didn’t see me. There’s the occasional thief who downs ya quick but generally I have good survivability through superior game play.

That said there’s always the more mid ground version of the Staff Cantrip build (20/0/0/30/20) that’s a decent mix and also uses Berserker gear. Lots of self survivability with that build cause of the large amount of Regen and Condition Removal you can generate. You also can function as a backup support pretty great too.

Not really sure on the whole Bunker thing. I imagine I’d probably go with the CM healer gear (+Vit+Heal+Cond) and Cleric Accessories/Weapons (+Tough+Heal+Power) with possibly some more Condition gems mixed in them (Vit+Power+Cond) on some kind of 0/0/20/30/20 build or something. That’ll give ya powerful bleeds in earth and a low cool down on Eruption for either offensive blasts or defensive ones to combo with Geyser.

Kodiak X – Blackgate

wvwvw build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Suctum.6912

Suctum.6912

You don’t need to max DPS or go for max Power/Precision to be effective in WvW. Most of the time if you just AoE enough you will get the credit for kills even if you don’t stomp.

I find Fire and Lighting work pretty well, and the large radius of Eruption can usually hit most people on walls.

wvwvw build?

in Elementalist

Posted by: Teerwik.1650

Teerwik.1650

Thanks for the suggestions. Did a couple trial runs in the Mists to find a build after reading a few build threads…

I tried a condition build with shaman amulet. D/D, lot of burning and some bleeding. Seemed decent enough, my health didnt move much but I am not sure if I am too big on 13k hp in wvwvw with all the AOE, Siege and burst flying around.

Which brings me to the next build which even had less effective hp….Glass cannon, Berserker amulet with a lot of % to dmg traits, and scholar runes. Still D/D. I liked the rotation and it did pretty sick burst quickly, but the hp+ toughness is still leaved a LOT to be desired.

I am worried if I try any hyrbid of the 2 it will be extremely lackluster. I also think D/D might not be the best option for wvwvw except for like roaming which offers the least contribution to the war effort, (wouldn’t even be able to hit pple on walls or below them).

If you have any more suggestions it would be great.