zerker auramancer

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jay.4863

Jay.4863

hello guys just need some advice on my tempest for Hot content and fractals mainly currently runnung d/w full zerk auramancer build .. when i go to Hot content i change fire to earth for perma protection is this viable in PVE?

so my main build is the usuall fire air temp

hot build earth air temp

and again i share auras with food buffs for boon duration and i use power utilities.
i have seen the meta staff build from dekeyz from DnT build in Hot Content im like apiece of paper and go down after 1 shot.

Any idea is welcomed

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Zerker and auramancer don’t fit well together imo. Except for the magnetic aura all other auras require you to get hit to do their effects, while zerker elementalists don’t want to get hit. Ever.

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: roelvanesch.2817

roelvanesch.2817

Not entirely true. Tempest is more that an auramancer, air and fire overloads do good damage. I prefer focus for breakbars over warhorn. For HiT content, if you mean raids only go earth if you tank. For other HoT content, whateverthekitten you feel like.

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: kuritsutian.2987

kuritsutian.2987

Don’t let preconceived ideas hinder the change of using your imagination to think outside the box, the elementalist is one of the most versatile classes and the tempest expanded all those possibilities quite too well. In pvp you used the Auras to grant protection, on PvE you want them to do more damage .. I present you my secret build, The Tempest almighty
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJBLhdSfJ00A2fJYABwhJWGAM3Vbrd2GEAiANAhMQF4EA-TxRBABU8AAuS5He6BqZ/BAOBAUq+jZKBDAcA8bfDglXe5lXe5+93f/93fDA-e
The usage is very simple…. start earth, use sandsquall to gain might, switch to fire stack might with heat sync then start the rotation with dragon tooth + phoenix a little back, conjure the hammer and switch to air, cast glyph of storm+lightning leap + static field and overload air, feel the burn while overloading (doesn’t stop it), when done lightning storm then drop the hammer+ wash the pain away for extra aura plus healing then a lightning orb while marching back, switch to fire, overload and when done repeat

Suddenly in the Forums Everyone is now a Game designer!

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

BunjiKugashira.9754

I didn’t say anything against zerker and tempest, only against zerker and auramancer (which doesn’t even imply that tempest is part of that build).

I’m not entirely sure wether tempest is a dps increase over fire air water or fire air arcane, or not. You’re sacrificing a 20% damage modifyer for a few highly damaging overloads after all, so I guess it depends on the situation.

However I can say with confidence, that auramancer doesn’t play well with any 0 defense setup. Except maybe if the only one you’re supporting is a tank? But that would basically require that you constantly run around together with a tank.

Shana Flamewielder
Abaddons Maul

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: MadRabbit.3179

MadRabbit.3179

I didn’t say anything against zerker and tempest, only against zerker and auramancer (which doesn’t even imply that tempest is part of that build).

I’m not entirely sure wether tempest is a dps increase over fire air water or fire air arcane, or not. You’re sacrificing a 20% damage modifyer for a few highly damaging overloads after all, so I guess it depends on the situation.

However I can say with confidence, that auramancer doesn’t play well with any 0 defense setup. Except maybe if the only one you’re supporting is a tank? But that would basically require that you constantly run around together with a tank.

I use soldier’s armor, beserker weapons and beserker trinkets with a Air/Water/Tempest staff build with full shouts when I lead world events as a commander. It provides good damage with a large amount of AoE sustain and support for keeping the squad and myself alive.

Soldier’s only adds about 2k health so I am debating dropping it for full Berserker. I would go with Zealots if healing power didn’t scale so horrendously. I think I am sitting at commanding four successful Dragon Stand runs with only one of them where I died in the blighted towers. This is with me at the front of the zerg.

It’s not easy by a long shot; you really have to understand your skills and when to use them, particularly water and earth overloads. But a berserker auramancer certainly is viable and works in this scenario. It provides competitive dps with some of the best support in the game.

With the exception of Wash the Pain Away, the shout radius is large enough to support your squad without having to move into kill range of some of the harder mobs like stalkers.

Rehabilitated Elementalist. Now, trolling the Thief forums with my math.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Asherah.7651

Asherah.7651

Yeah I use a zerker/assassin tempest in pve, I love it!! I use trooper runes for a little more survivability and condi cleanse, 4 shout+lightning flash and Air/Earth/Tempest traitlines with D/W….I find earth to be a lot more useful than fire, earth gives you so much more survivability with the protection on auras since you’re an auramancer, but the fury on auras from air plus fresh air allows you to put out great DPS with air overload, while having solid sustain and good healing. Even untraited warhorns fire 5 skill gives an 8 sec fire field, plus fire 4 for more might and earth 4 for blast finishing and increasing duration of boons. Basically my rotations involve might stacking and rotating into air for overloads to maximize DPS, and then earth for boon increase and back into air and then might stacking, etc….and just using water heals while in water for the blast finisher. I personally love this build you get a great balance of offense and defence!

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

BunjiKugashira.9754

I use soldier’s armor, beserker weapons and beserker trinkets with a Air/Water/Tempest staff build with full shouts when I lead world events as a commander. It provides good damage with a large amount of AoE sustain and support for keeping the squad and myself alive.

Soldier’s only adds about 2k health so I am debating dropping it for full Berserker. I would go with Zealots if healing power didn’t scale so horrendously. I think I am sitting at commanding four successful Dragon Stand runs with only one of them where I died in the blighted towers. This is with me at the front of the zerg.

It’s not easy by a long shot; you really have to understand your skills and when to use them, particularly water and earth overloads. But a berserker auramancer certainly is viable and works in this scenario. It provides competitive dps with some of the best support in the game.

With the exception of Wash the Pain Away, the shout radius is large enough to support your squad without having to move into kill range of some of the harder mobs like stalkers.

I would bet that most of that damage comes from overloads and weapon skills while the aura’s effects are close to never proced. Because if you take a hit as a full zerker ele you’re dead and if you don’t take a hit then the aura’s effects can’t proc.

If you only take a hit ever so often you have to ask yourself seriously: Is going for auras worth it or is there a better alternative? Granting auras to someone who doesn’t get hit is as useless as healing someone who’s already at max health.

Shana Flamewielder
Abaddons Maul

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

MadRabbit.3179

I would bet that most of that damage comes from overloads and weapon skills while the aura’s effects are close to never proced. Because if you take a hit as a full zerker ele you’re dead and if you don’t take a hit then the aura’s effects can’t proc.

If you only take a hit ever so often you have to ask yourself seriously: Is going for auras worth it or is there a better alternative? Granting auras to someone who doesn’t get hit is as useless as healing someone who’s already at max health.

Nah, you don’t even know what the build is and you actually don’t just flat out die to 1 hit as a zerker elem. The build is in my signature. Damage isn’t the end all be all anymore in PvE.

One, staff’s only aura is magnetic, which deals with projectiles and not melee hits, which is extremely valuable in HoT world events when dealing with snipers. The same goes for the aftershock shout.

Two, you don’t focus on self aura procs in your trait choices and you don’t take aura share, because that is actually really inefficient, since you don’t spend a lot of time in melee range. Any traits in my build that proc auras were taken for the other effects they apply.

Three, what you do focus on is your enhancing your shouts, because with a 600 range, you can position yourself behind the melee group and use the shouts to support them, because they are getting hit. Feel The Burn allows them to gain additional might when hit and Flash Freeze increases their damage reduction while slowing down the attacks of the mobs. In addition to that, with the build setup I have, the shouts apply regen, vigor, fury, swiftness, cure a condition and heal. That’s pretty powerful support and really helpful with World Events that require a lot of movement like the Blighted Towers in DS.

As I stated, I have done a number of Dragon Stand meta events as a commander for one of the lanes where I was leading the zerg in the Blighted Towers which is an event that you can’t avoid getting hit a lot. I’ve successfully done it without dying as an elementalist wearing mostly zerker gear by using shouts and overloads on the move.

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

BunjiKugashira.9754

1. Change your soldiers to berserker gear and you will notice a major difference. As a pure glass cannon ele you will die in 2 ticks from the mordrem sniper’s line, one attack from the hammer mordrem, 2-3 attacks from any ranged mob, etc. For HoT I’ve switched my rings and trinkets to soldiers for survivability.

2. I’ve had a look at your build and it’s a good support build with a lot of boons and condi remove. Applying auras to the frontline of a zerg is exactly the exception I mentioned where someone else is tanking for you. Although with the new squad-ui the preferences who gets your boons are a bit strange. Did you notice any pattern there? For example one class getting your auras more often than others?

3. What does commanding DS have to do with that? You want me to give you a cookie for that? I’ve commanded DS a few times, too and didn’t die. Does that make my build any better? It just means that I can avoid most damage. Please don’t state (and repeat) stuff that doesn’t matter.

Shana Flamewielder
Abaddons Maul

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

No one is playing an Auramancer for the Might proc on Fire Aura.

The benefit comes from the massive number of boons, 40% Protection with extended duration, and frequent uptime of Shocking and Magnetic Auras.

Throw on a 10% DR Frost Aura and you’ve got reliable access to 50% DR.

You can then run Zerk gear+trinkets and put out considerable damage with an Air/Earth/Tempest build with quite good defense.

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

MadRabbit.3179

1. Change your soldiers to berserker gear and you will notice a major difference. As a pure glass cannon ele you will die in 2 ticks from the mordrem sniper’s line, one attack from the hammer mordrem, 2-3 attacks from any ranged mob, etc. For HoT I’ve switched my rings and trinkets to soldiers for survivability.

Okay, so you have revised your argument from getting one-shotted to taking 2-3 hits on average to kill you in berserker.

2. I’ve had a look at your build and it’s a good support build with a lot of boons and condi remove. Applying auras to the frontline of a zerg is exactly the exception I mentioned where someone else is tanking for you. Although with the new squad-ui the preferences who gets your boons are a bit strange. Did you notice any pattern there? For example one class getting your auras more often than others?

Not really. I wish the trait that adds healing would cause it to prioritize based on damage, but the healing isn’t that much and the nature of a lot of HoT events lead to players being spread out more than clumped up, so it’s easier to apply to a certain part of the zerg.

I also run it when I am going solo in open world a lot for the CC and sustain from the shouts. I also use it in high level fractals as well. So there is a whole lot of uses beyond one single “exception”.

And your arguments have still been predicated on “being hit” being the only scenario where running auras is made valid. That’s not true at all and not why you take auras.

3. What does commanding DS have to do with that? You want me to give you a cookie for that? I’ve commanded DS a few times, too and didn’t die. Does that make my build any better? It just means that I can avoid most damage. Please don’t state (and repeat) stuff that doesn’t matter.

The point of mentioning that is being at the front in Blighted Towers, which proves the sustainability and defense of the build can allow you to survive in a scenario where you are wearing mostly zerker.

It also contends the hyperbole of your posts, since if elementalists were so weak that full zerker would lead to a one shot by HoT mobs, then diving head first into a group of 20 mobs in Blighted Tower would be impossible in practice, even with some soldiers gear.

(edited by MadRabbit.3179)

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Jay.4863

Jay.4863

i see still alot of mixed reviews some good some bad still no wiser whats best .. i guess some people like it and some people dont

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Bhima.9518

Bhima.9518

I find that cav gear is better for an ele wanting some tankiness since it sacrifices alot less dmg than soldiers.

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

I am

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Fire aura is great, burn, burn burn :-)

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

I am

I SAID NO ONE!!!

Honestly though, it is a fun build, and can be quite effective in PvP as well, just not with Zerk there.

In PvE though, running Earth and Diamond Skin along with the 40% Protection is so nice for all the hard hitting mobs in HoT. Whether Air or Water, you have great sustain, usually stay above the 90% threshold keeping DS active, and can still dish out a lot of damage with easy access to Might and Fury. All the Aura procs also grant Swiftness (with Air) so you don’t necessarily have to sit in Air while running around.

Plus, with all the Shouts, you’re LOUD LIKE LEONIDAS!

zerker auramancer

in Elementalist

kuritsutian.2987

I am

I SAID NO ONE!!!

Honestly though, it is a fun build, and can be quite effective in PvP as well, just not with Zerk there.

In PvE though, running Earth and Diamond Skin along with the 40% Protection is so nice for all the hard hitting mobs in HoT. Whether Air or Water, you have great sustain, usually stay above the 90% threshold keeping DS active, and can still dish out a lot of damage with easy access to Might and Fury. All the Aura procs also grant Swiftness (with Air) so you don’t necessarily have to sit in Air while running around.

Plus, with all the Shouts, you’re LOUD LIKE LEONIDAS!

I even look like Leonidas :p I traded air for fire for might’s sake. Even when I don’t apply swiftness on auras, overloading does! (Edit: On a different build than the one I showed above ;.; )

(edited by kuritsutian.2987)