04.30.13 Patch Notes

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

So I just tested the healing turret. Drop healing turret seems to pulse every second, which means the overcharge should happen 1 second after deploy. Also because the pulse is every second you seem to almost always have the water field up. maybe a very short time without it. Seems very good overall from that alone.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

No healskills while in Elixir S is a heavy nerf . . .

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

It would seem like it is responsive, so it isn’t actually that bad.
Still, for pve uses, they should make these turrets more resiliant…

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

ahhhhh.. waterfield only last 3 seconds, can anyone confirm this ?

It seems to be only 3 seconds.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

The changes to the healing turret look interesting, considering the global issues with turrets I have my doubts if a healing turret based build can really compete with any of the currently popular ones though. Combining healing turret with any of the might stacking builds isn’t really an option unfortunately, HGH needs the slot for the elixir, Enhanced performance for Med Kit.

Adding an indicator for KR being off cooldown is a nice touch. Too bad they had to nerf the trait into the ground before they thought of that.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I’m not liking how warrior got some trait adjustments but engineer didn’t. Yeah, cloaking device change, but the icd coupled with the duration kind of makes it on par with its old self.

In fact it REALLY makes me mad. They double signet effectiveness, give warrior more options to be ‘viable’ in sPvP, talk about merging a lot of traits, when in fact the only real trait changes were applied to, as usual, their poster class.

Warriors needed help much more badly than we did overall. And they probably still do, although signet buff makes them even more hilariously easy in PvE.

Cloaking device was a nerf, although I can see the extended duration being somewhat useful for escaping a WvW zerg.

The healing turret changes everyone’s talking about are a pretty big buff. It sounded like their goal was to make it so that the turret was worth leaving up, but that certainly didn’t happen…still, turret builds are inching closer and closer to viability. Now if they only shot at real targets instead of gates, clones, etc…

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

incendairy powder overnerf.
Elixir S overnerfraped
retal/confusion cut in half.
cloaking device nerfed.
Boon hate and super buffs to every other prof except Ele.

And you guys are even happy with this patch.
Im tired of this game, played since beta but coupled with the KR disaster last patch they have gone to far. They actually nerfed my desire to log in. Have fun.

Another moronic patch from the devtards, zero surprise at this point.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Still, i can’t find a proper way to use the healing turret for might stacking purposes while still having a full heal. Guess i can’t do that near instantly now, meh.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

You know what’s silly?

That they had to wait till they nerfed Elixir S before they would finally fix it for Asura!

Am I supposed to be happy now? That I can use it when it lost it’s main appeal as a combo ability?

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Nothing too drastic other than Healing Turret being really good now. Short CD water field on demand? Yes plz. Lol, there goes the only great thing Rangers had over everyone else.

Elixir U (don’t dis the Russians yo) is better now, just like everyone’s Quickness skills. A good fix considering the outcry from the Quickness nerf last month.

Seems like the devs really love internal cooldowns on our traits. The KR indicator is probably not going to make it more popular. ICDs ugh. Also, the Incendiary Powder trait got a few changes but I can’t tell if it’s now better, worse, or the same. Thoughts?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

So I just tested the healing turret. Drop healing turret seems to pulse every second, which means the overcharge should happen 1 second after deploy. Also because the pulse is every second you seem to almost always have the water field up. maybe a very short time without it. Seems very good overall from that alone.

The old heal turret water field animation has been re-purposed to show the regen range of the turret, and cleansing burst now drops a “normal looking” water field. Regenerating mist still has the old water field animation.
——-
The elixir S change does indeed suck.

New heal turret, I wuv u.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

I’m not sure about the patch

Elixir S is a big nerf, but maybe it was deserved. But it was really useful again bursty class.

No Gadget buff

No Kit Refinement buff

Cloaking device was cool, but I don’t know about the new one. Can you move with the 5 sec stealth?

I don’t use Healing turret, because then I lose any kind of swiftness source. I can’t say anything about it!

Elixir buff, thats a good thing. I don’t know if it’s still bugged, sometime it wouldn’t produce any effect.

Low health response CD : It was needed. But didn’t see, was it proccing each time under 25% I don’t remember healing 3 time in a row.

Bleh

Ah forgot, the confusion/retal nerf in WvW will hit hard my demented build. It’s still viable, but HGH build are now a mile ahead in efficiency.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

yeah. I feel like this patch did nothing useful. some nerfs..

Maybe some hidden changes.

Like is incendiary still single target or is it aoe now? cuase you know, THAT is the main reason it was terrible.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

The old heal turret water field animation has been re-purposed to show the regen range of the turret, and cleansing burst now drops a “normal looking” water field. Regenerating mist still has the old water field animation.

New heal turret, I wuv u.

Yeah I just realized this, oh silly me. Imagine a never ending water field heal station? Could be fun. Either way still a positive for the healing turret.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

Also, the Incendiary Powder trait got a few changes but I can’t tell if it’s now better, worse, or the same. Thoughts?

That was a targetted nerf at the HGH nades build for tournaments. It could be better for some WvW builds with low crit, but it is certainly worse for high-crit or multiple hit builds like flamethrower or grenades.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

I allready love playing with:
Incendiary Powder trait:
- Increased burning duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.
- Increased internal cooldown from 3 seconds to 10 seconds.
- Increased activation chance from 33% to 100%.

It’s simply perfect for hit and run playstyle, just sending of one auto attack and with condition duration that’s 6-8 sec burning right there! I’m sold on it!
Testing the Healing Turret for roaming atm, more info later!

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Warriors needed help much more badly than we did overall. And they probably still do, although signet buff makes them even more hilariously easy in PvE.

This is a clear example of someone being content with how things are relative to warriors. They only need help in PvP formats. The talk of merging traits inspired hope that we would see things put on par with the warrior traits they were naming. For example – every warrior utility cooldown trait comes with a bonus. Banners? Larger range. Greatsword/spear? Might on crit. Mace? More damage while weakened. Yeah, I realize their shout trait and a few other things don’t have a bonus, but I was really hoping to see this sort of treatment applied to engineer. Look at what could be done:

Elixir buff duration and elixir cooldown reduction could be merged seamlessly, and allow a new trait.

This one wouldn’t be a merging, but more of a swap – elixir gun cdr and damage could be put in one trait, while flamethrower cdr and damage could be put in another.

Gadget cdr and an actual reason to use gadgets could be put together.

They could have moved Kit Refinement to a grandmaster trait (along with a revert) and replaced/swapped it with the retaliation trait. Plenty of options. It’s just irksome to see warrior get some serious love once again, without other classes getting as much attention. At least I have a dungeon to play with this patch, and some new minipets. Other than that, I’d rather play something else.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Silentsins.3726

Oh, Elix S now cancels channels when you hit it. Tiny dunk still works though. Unsure about Self-Regulating defenses.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Seras.5702

Signets got love all around. Guardian weps & spirits too. Engis have gadgets with obscenely long cooldowns. Those could have been easy fixes that would have fit with the general theme of this patch.

The healing turret changes everyone’s talking about are a pretty big buff. It sounded like their goal was to make it so that the turret was worth leaving up, but that certainly didn’t happen…still, turret builds are inching closer and closer to viability. Now if they only shot at real targets instead of gates, clones, etc…

The summoned allies and pets AI got a buff. Maybe this will apply to turret AI too.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Healing turret looks interesting, but everything else? Simply meh

BUT I WANNA USE GADGETS SO KITTEN BAD!

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

Well dunno about you guys but healing turret’s overcharge isn’t responsive, actually it seems they didn’t even manage to fix overcharge’s responsiveness in general for turrets… which actually makes healing turret bad outside of PvE, and even then it’s not so great, I mean I’d rather pick an elixir gun for the heal and manage to stack some bleeds while healing than using something this unreliable.

(The water field won’t activate until the turret begins the animation, if you remember how overcharge in general worked then you can get the idea)

It’s quite fun to see the mist’s AI-controlled engineer blast all our turrets in a single blunderbuss, just what are they? 5k hps?

(edited by Rfreak.6591)

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

Can anyone confirm the new healing turret is also in the supply crate? I can’t remember exactly how it worked before and was curious?

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I’m in-game now trying to get use to the new healing turret and when I can blast the water field. Mobility has been reduced because I have to hang around for the overcharge to activate. In WvW this is going to suck. The people I’m trying to heal in a moving fight will be long gone by the time it fires.

It is distinctly uncomfortable being forced into micro-managing something.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Seras.5702

…Healing turret. They said “heal slightly reduced”.. 50% is kittening slightly? Healing turret is now even more useless than before.

You missed the point of the change. If you want a burst heal, use H. This is now improved to function the way it was initially designed. It’s supposed to be a constant source of regen/healing. Drop it and have a water field like 75% of the time. Blast away in it for massive aoe healing. And the overcharge heals more than it used to. They’re trying to make it more useful as it’s designed, rather than drop it, destroy it.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

tip of the day;

1. team up with a thief of the opposite team.

2. use mortar.

3. Let him steal your 2 min stability.

4. Exit mortar.

5. Enter mortar.

6. Go to 3.

7. Repeat.

8. Let thief run around with infinite stability.

9. ????

10. Profit!

I kittening called it….

Oh btw, healing turrets heal does not scale with healingpower.

EDIT: And it interrupts itself so its nowhere close to 5 sec water field.

(edited by miriforst.1290)

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: RaynStargaze.6510

RaynStargaze.6510

ahhhhh.. waterfield only last 3 seconds, can anyone confirm this ?

^ i can confirm the waterfield is definitely shorter than 5 sec but i cant say the exact amount – testing is awkward with overcharge activating later than the button pressed

Overall very good patch!!!!!11

Healing Turret changes are great!
The incendiairy powder change actually makes non grenade condi builds a lot more viable!
love the cloaking devicve change

and the bloody steal dmg from thieves got nerfed ohhh yesssssss

they even fixed the traitline that reduces tool belt recharge

(edited by RaynStargaze.6510)

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

Oh, it seems like the overcharge is inconsistent. When I doubletap the turret to lay it then overcharge, it seems like sometimes it fires the water field right away and sometimes not.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

This is a clear example of someone being content with how things are relative to warriors. They only need help in PvP formats. The talk of merging traits inspired hope that we would see things put on par with the warrior traits they were naming. For example – every warrior utility cooldown trait comes with a bonus. Banners? Larger range. Greatsword/spear? Might on crit. Mace? More damage while weakened. Yeah, I realize their shout trait and a few other things don’t have a bonus, but I was really hoping to see this sort of treatment applied to engineer. Look at what could be done:

Elixir buff duration and elixir cooldown reduction could be merged seamlessly, and allow a new trait.

This one wouldn’t be a merging, but more of a swap – elixir gun cdr and damage could be put in one trait, while flamethrower cdr and damage could be put in another.

Gadget cdr and an actual reason to use gadgets could be put together.

They could have moved Kit Refinement to a grandmaster trait (along with a revert) and replaced/swapped it with the retaliation trait. Plenty of options. It’s just irksome to see warrior get some serious love once again, without other classes getting as much attention. At least I have a dungeon to play with this patch, and some new minipets. Other than that, I’d rather play something else.

Sorry, warriors have been free kills for too long in PvP for me to be jealous of them. I don’t really do PvE, so I understand warriors are easy and powerful there, but I don’t feel it’s good game design to have essentially PvE only/PvP only professions. I agree that this patch was again not handled very well for engineers, but I don’t feel envious of warriors for it. They’ll still be the weakest PvP profession.

The summoned allies and pets AI got a buff. Maybe this will apply to turret AI too.

If that’s true, it would be the single biggest buff to turrets since launch. I can barely imagine Anet not specifically mentioning turrets if they are actually included in the “now won’t attack useless stuff” AI fix, but then, Anet has never really understood why turrets aren’t viable in the first place.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

They’re trying to make it more useful as it’s designed, rather than drop it, destroy it.

It has to work both ways because in a highly mobile fight, no one is going to hang around a turret just for healing. People are going to stretch design to their limit and exceed original specifications.

Chaba Tangnu

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Silentsins.3726

Well dunno about you guys but healing turret’s overcharge isn’t responsive, actually it seems they didn’t even manage to fix overcharge’s responsiveness in general for turrets… which actually makes healing turret bad outside of PvE, and even then it’s not so great, I mean I’d rather pick an elixir gun for the heal and manage to stack some bleeds while healing than using something this unreliable.

(The water field won’t activate until the turret begins the animation, if you remember how overcharge in general worked then you can get the idea)

There’s a timing element involved. You can get the field to drop right away, but hitting cleansing burst too early will actually delay the field [edit]now.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

Cloaking device was ONLY one viable adept trait in that line. Healing turret. They said “heal slightly reduced”.. 50% is kittening slightly? Healing turret is now even more useless than before.

I say they have their pay check slightly reduced and then maybe they will learn what slightly means…sigh %50 is not slightly.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

No it’s not…. use your heal then use elixir s. It doesn’t cancel it.

But using kits while elixir s, yes thats a nerf

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

no longer using elixir S and switched elixir H for healing turret, without X trait on alchemy. loving it :p

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Rfreak.6591

Rfreak.6591

@Silentsins.3726

So… like I said it’s not consistent/responsive enough to say “it works”.
Else I wouldn’t need to check online why/how it doesn’t seem to work.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

oOoooo now I understand why it is inconsistent. The healing turret pulses every 3 seconds. When you lay the turret, spam the button again to ensure that the overcharge activates on the first pulse during placement. If you miss it, there’s up to a 3 second delay before the overcharge fires. Apparently I was not double-tapping for the overcharge on initial pulse good enough. Spamming rather than double-tapping will work better.

Chaba Tangnu

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: lindstroem.3601

lindstroem.3601

Oh, it seems like the overcharge is inconsistent. When I doubletap the turret to lay it then overcharge, it seems like sometimes it fires the water field right away and sometimes not.

You have to wait for the pulse after overcharging the heal turret to blast the water field. Just have to time it right, the renewing 3 seconds reg buff from the healing turret is a good indicator for the pulse if you wanna blow it up immediately

oOoooo now I understand why it feels inconsistent. The healing turret pulses every 3 seconds. When you lay the turret, spam the button again to ensure that the overcharge activates on the first pulse during placement. If you miss it, there’s up to a 3 second delay before the overcharge fires. Apparently I was not double-tapping for the overcharge on initial pulse good enough. Spamming rather than double-tapping will work better.

The pulse timer dont start new by overcharging the heal turret. It depends on the time you have placed it and then every 3 seconds, you get a pulse.

(edited by lindstroem.3601)

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Well its not so much the Nerfs that bother me since I saw most of them coming, except Cloaking Device CD where the kitten did that come from????

Its the lack of anything else that says they are going to do anything with the profession besides fix tooltips and make blanket changes based off 1 to 1 data on paper.

Oh well, think I’ll just keep my eye on tht Wildstar from now on to see how it’s turning out.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

You have to wait for the pulse after overcharging the heal turret to blast the water field. Just have to time it right, the renewing 3 seconds reg buff from the healing turret is a good indicater for the pulse.

I’m not having any consistency problems dropping the turret and instantly popping the overcharge for the water field. However the pulse is fairly fast so if you don’t spam the heal key you could miss the initial interaction for the full overcharge/heal effect.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Cleansing Burst skill: The following changes, while good, will not matter until turret overcharge skills activate immediately. This laundry list of benefits is useless without the turret able to survive long enough to trigger them.

I have tested it and practiced it to the point that I can do it 10 times in a row.
You can immediately overcharge the turret and on the first proc, you will get the Cleansing burst heal. The moment the turret is deployed you have about .5 seconds to hit the key again so that Cleansing Burst triggers on first wave. If you miss, you’ll have to wait 3s when the next regen wave happens.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

So once the Cleansing burst happens, you get the second heal and the water field? So for maximum fast heals (or almost the same as before) you double tap 6 then F1 to detonate as soon as you see the regen come up on your buff bar?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Nilix.2170

So once the Cleansing burst happens, you get the second heal and the water field? So for maximum fast heals (or almost the same as before) you double tap 6 then F1 to detonate as soon as you see the regen come up on your buff bar?

Yep. To be 100% sure, make sure that your character is in the middle of the animation where he/she drops the turret.

No it’s not…. use your heal then use elixir s. It doesn’t cancel it.

But using kits while elixir s, yes thats a nerf

If you get hit to below 25% while trying to heal and your Elixir S trait triggers, guess what just got interrupted… I don’t see much of a use of Elixir S now. Without the ability to use… anything, it’s just three seconds of trying to run away really fast while your opponents’ chase as their CDs refresh. Swapping to Injection Protection.

Purity of Purpose

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

^
I object.
You do not run away really fast.
Just seems that way because of our tiny legs.
Really we just run as fast as the enemy does right beside us waiting to further punish us or force us into also using 2 dodges.
;)

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

lindstroem.3601

Again, you dont get the water field on overcharging the turret, you get it from the next pulse after the overcharge.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Nilix.2170

^
I object.
Really we just run as fast as the enemy does right beside us waiting to further punish us or force us into also using 2 dodges.
;)

Luckily for me, I am almost always stacking seconds of Swiftness from Speedy Kits. So, I’m always going fast. I just wish they properly fixed runes of speed instead of giving up and just making it +5% MS.

Again, you dont get the water field on overcharging the turret, you get it from the next pulse after the overcharge.

You can still overcharge it immediately to make the first pulse grant the Cleansing Burst.

Purity of Purpose

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

MentalPause.9183

I’m not having that happen. I’m getting all as soon as the turret hits the ground.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: amiable.4823

amiable.4823

Welp, do I have the desire to reroll? No.

Yeah, I’m out.

Aliquot Love – Engineer
Gable Thorn – Elementalist
Shining in Darkness – Warrior – Mag

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Is the water field from the overcharge disappearing when you detonate?
Or is it simply awfully short?

It sure isn’t 5 seconds…

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

lindstroem.3601

^
I object.
;)

Luckily for me, I am almost always stacking seconds of Swiftness from Speedy Kits. So, I’m always going fast. I just wish they properly fixed runes of speed instead of giving up and just making it +5% MS.

You can still overcharge it immediately to make the first pulse grant the Cleansing Burst.

Doesnt change anything on the mechanic. It just seems that you can use the first pulse if you hammering your keys fast enough.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

what he said.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

You really have to spam rather than double-tap to ensure you do not miss the overcharge before the initial placement pulse.

Chaba Tangnu