04.30.13 Patch Notes

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

I’m torn on my feelings towards this patch. On the one hand, they nerfed things that didn’t need to be nerfed and made useless changes to some stuff. On the other hand, from the description, SD hasn’t really been affected, and HGH has been left totally alone.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

Doesnt change anything on the mechanic. It just seems that you can use the first pulse if you hammering your keys fast enough.

You’re right it doesn’t. But since he was specifically asking for the maximum, most effective heal, I just wanted to make sure he understood it was possible to get it all immediately like before. If you trigger Cleansing Burst before the first tick (i.e. Hit your heal skill while in the animation of dropping the turret), you can get the Cleansing Burst heal on the first pulse. It takes a bit more effort now but half of your healing potential can go to your teammates as well so it’s actually a wonderful trade off.

ANet boosted the long term effectiveness while keeping the immediate healing potential intact.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It just seems that you can use the first pulse if you hammering your keys fast enough.

What makes it tricky is that if you double-tap the key too early, the overcharge does not take effect, which is why I recommend spamming. Easier to spam than watch animations…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

I haven’t used Elixir S in awhile (or the related 25% health trait). I used to have problems with both where it seemed like it activated but then I was dead, like maybe it was confusion or some other condition that continued to be active and kill me even though I was supposedly invulnerable.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Silentsins.3726

Silentsins.3726

I thought deployable turrets was broken when you slotted accelerant-packed turrets… but it’s working fine now? Am I mistaken about them being bugged before?

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

I like how they gave Engineer bunkers the “to the ground” treatment (via Elixir S nerf) because Elementalist bunkers were overpowered.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Nilix.2170

It’s not that hard. It’s really similar to many of our skill rotations. It’s much more useful to learn how to time it right, gives the player more confidence in its ability to work. Especially as an Engineer player, where timing and kit rotations are so integral to how many of us play.

Just give yourself a few minutes practicing it, and you’ll get it down.

Purity of Purpose

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Kande.1930

Kande.1930

Liking the new healing turret, Swapped elixir S out for rocket boots. You can drop healing turret, overcharge it, magnet shield, detonate turret, then rocket boots for a triple AoE heal. Although the window to do so is really small, so you have to time it right.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Nilix.2170

I haven’t used Elixir S in awhile (or the related 25% health trait). I used to have problems with both where it seemed like it activated but then I was dead, like maybe it was confusion or some other condition that continued to be active and kill me even though I was supposedly invulnerable.

Yeah, Elixir S doesn’t cure conditions. So if you’re burning/poisoned/confused, you’d still take damage from those. Which is another thing that REALLY bothers me about this change. I can’t Elixir C those conditions away while I’m small anymore.

Purity of Purpose

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

dunno if anyone else is having this but I’ve noticed a marked increase in damage output in PVE it looks like they might actually be finally realizing the problems after all. Here’s to hoping. It no longer takes a minimum amount of 10 attacks to kill anything in the condi build I’m using even tho it’s not exactly like the three shot trap ranger abilities.

I hope they continue down this path to increase the effectiveness of the abilities in PVE it’s much needed to make it return to the pre-7-month nerf breakage they’ve done to PVE on this class.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Liking the new healing turret, Swapped elixir S out for rocket boots. You can drop healing turret, overcharge it, magnet shield, detonate turret, then rocket boots for a triple AoE heal. Although the window to do so is really small, so you have to time it right.

I like acid bomb from the EG in this rotation, and as this would be a great support utility, that might make more sense in some situations. I am not a fan of the Rocket Boots, personally, but to each his or her own.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Pannonica.5378

Pannonica.5378

I like how they gave Engineer bunkers the “to the ground” treatment (via Elixir S nerf) because Elementalist bunkers were overpowered.

If they touch the “King of Versatility” (“We see the elementalist as the king of versatility.” ANet, Dec 2012), they need to touch the Jester of Versatility as well.

Pannonica
Red Guard

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Yeah, Elixir S doesn’t cure conditions. So if you’re burning/poisoned/confused, you’d still take damage from those. Which is another thing that REALLY bothers me about this change. I can’t Elixir C those conditions away while I’m small anymore.

If you trait into 409, doesn’t elixir S wipe conditions then? Even with the automatic S? I have tried this several times, and it always seems to work fine for me, you can still GET conditions under the effects of Elixir S, though, and the alternative GM trait that makes you immune from receiving new conditions is useful here.

But honestly, most people this deep in Alchemy are going HGH.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: lindstroem.3601

lindstroem.3601

What makes it tricky is that if you double-tap the key too early, the overcharge does not take effect, which is why I recommend spamming. Easier to spam than watch animations…

Thats the tricky point, to not blowing up the turret too soon after the overcharge

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

They nerfed Incendiary Powder? God kitten it; thanks for destroying my build Arena Net.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Hyo Jin.5630

Hyo Jin.5630

our turrets will vanish in half a second when a mob sneezes (while all other profession’s AI-controlled units got buffs) AND gadgets are untouched (once again).

You’re wrong. Like totally. Did you read something about AI minion’s improvement on Necromancer? I DON’T THINK SO. So when you don’t know something, please, just be quiet.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: hydeaut.1758

hydeaut.1758

No healskills while in Elixir S is a heavy nerf . . .

No it’s not…. use your heal then use elixir s. It doesn’t cancel it.

But using kits while elixir s, yes thats a nerf

Especially the auto-elixir S trait is hit really hard and Med-kit had more to it than the toolbelt-heal.

No more med-kit-heals and utilities, no more speedy kits, vigor on swiftness, enhanced performance, no more medical response in Elixir S – this is all lost with including heal-skills in the nerf. There goes a TON of synergy out of the window.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: manbullss.4309

manbullss.4309

All i want and have wanted since release is for rocket boots(or any other gadget) to have some condition removal. even upping the no removed by med-kit would be fine :/

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: manbullss.4309

manbullss.4309

new incendiary powder is great for though

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Cleansing Burst skill: The following changes, while good, will not matter until turret overcharge skills activate immediately. This laundry list of benefits is useless without the turret able to survive long enough to trigger them.

I have tested it and practiced it to the point that I can do it 10 times in a row.
You can immediately overcharge the turret and on the first proc, you will get the Cleansing burst heal. The moment the turret is deployed you have about .5 seconds to hit the key again so that Cleansing Burst triggers on first wave. If you miss, you’ll have to wait 3s when the next regen wave happens.

Which sounds great except for skill delay… Welcome to WvW!~

And then i suddenly have to wait 3sec before i get my full heal, as opposed to getting it in full upfront before. Not to mention a 3sec window for my Turret to get destroyed.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

People drop Rocket Turret & Net Turret & Rifle Turret & Thumper Turret in anticipation of a fight. Why is Healing Turret any different? Why are people using it as an immediate, on-demand heal? Shouldn’t it be dropped ahead of time like the other turrets too?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: MentalPause.9183

MentalPause.9183

People drop Rocket Turret & Net Turret & Rifle Turret & Thumper Turret in anticipation of a fight. Why is Healing Turret any different? Why are people using it as an immediate, on-demand heal? Shouldn’t it be dropped ahead of time like the other turrets too?

In WvW I don’t typically drop turrets ahead of time, and I typically overcharge right away for the increased effect. I’ve been doing the same today with healing turret as well. I think there are situations where you can, and even should drop them and let them do their thing, Nothing is stopping you from doing it either way, just make sure your doing it at the right time. I’m not about to drop my healing turret in the middle of a zerg and hope it survives for extra healing ticks, im going to drop/overcharge for the max heal, condition removal and water field. If I were fighting around a camp I might drop it in an area that’s easy to fall back to in an emergency.

Fort Aspenwood WvW’er
Officer of Bloodwork [RED] http://bloodwork.boards.net/thread/145/interested-joining-red

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: GimpCent.9268

GimpCent.9268

One patch they give our pry bar 5 stacks now the next they nerf it 50%….. I think its clear they honestly don’t have a clue what is going on at the moment but I give them credit for trying everything

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Hybelkaninen.3087

Hybelkaninen.3087

Simply because it’s not worth dropping before the fight.
In the middle of a fight with high damage you need a good heal on a short cooldown, not a small regen.
That, and the turret is usually an aggro magnet bending over pretty fast.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Nilix.2170

Because it IS an immediate on-demand heal. Having it out before would be a waste.

Before this patch, if you dropped it ahead of time, you are effectively locking yourself out of a 5-6k heal. When the turret goes down, you are without the capacity to heal yourself for 20s (15 if you picked it up). That’s long enough to die. You would need to be in range of Cleansing Burst to get its effect and you’d also have to wait at most 10s for it to actually happen. So, using it to clear up conditions 5-10s after you’ve gotten them isn’t effective cleansing at all. This is why it’s was a drop-and-pop relationship.

Post-patch, dropping it ahead of time isn’t as wasteful since you can still get a 2k heal within 3s. But doesn’t really give you too much benefit. With some boon duration, you can stock up on regen as it goes off. The Water Field from the burst says it lasts 5s, so you can get off a number of blast finishers in there if that’s your kind of thing.

Which sounds great except for skill delay… Welcome to WvW!~

And then i suddenly have to wait 3sec before i get my full heal, as opposed to getting it in full upfront before. Not to mention a 3sec window for my Turret to get destroyed.

Skill delay? You mean like… lag? Can’t really say much about that but this is why I’m saying to watch your animation. When your character’s arm goes down to drop it, you get your full heal anyway.

Purity of Purpose

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Did the Supply Crate just get a stealth nerf due to the Healing Turret changes?

• Elixir S: now run away only = nerf
  • Incendiary Powder: improved for those with low attack and crit rates; for everyone else Burning uptime is reduced and longer delay before reapplying Burning (after cleansing) = nerf IMHO
  • Cloaking device: longer effect plus CD = buff (I think)
  • Healing Turret: improved, but survivability unchanged = buff, but may still not be sufficient
  • Kit Refinement: ICD now displayed = inadequate buff IMHO, trait still below the standard of the alternatives
  • Elixir U: much improved = buff

Conclusion: Overall a minor nerf. Despite the major nerf to Elixir S, Elixir Engs still appear to be ANet’s favoured style of Eng. We’ll see more diversity in stun breakers due to the Elixir S nerf, some more Healing Turrets (most of which will die or be exploded after their first overcharge), and less consistent burning uptime. I’m guessing Anet are hoping we’ll diversify into more builds before they nerf HGH might stacking.

Anet said they were trying to bring down Cantrip Ele’s which was likely to spill over to Eng boon stacking. But instead of dropping killer nerfs on them, ANet restricted their nerfs to RTL and Mist Form (both of which were so OP nerfing them was more like removing an exploit), and did a small (5s ICD) PvP only nerf to the Cleansing Water trait. At the same time they Ele’s a big stack of buffs. Either Anet really do just favour Ele’s, or they’ve learned something from their fiasco with us over the last two patches – here’s hoping it’s the latter.

(edited by Zenguy.6421)

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Hybelkaninen.3087

Hybelkaninen.3087

Did the Supply Crate just get a stealth nerf due to the Healing Turret changes?

Yes, it did.
The Supply Crate version of Healing Turret also got dropped down to 3 seconds on the regen part…but of course didn’t receive any of the benefits.
….at least not what I’ve experienced after testing it.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Nerf to S is not a minor nerf, it’s gone from a class defining skill to a moderately crappy skill, particularly when you take into account the Low Health Automated Response double nerf.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Czar Peter.7961

Czar Peter.7961

Significant nerf to elixir S but I think I’d still use it in sPvP to finish people. Not much else to talk about. Turrets still suck and gadgets’ cooldowns are way too long for their effects.

Engineer – Thief – Warrior

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: Cube.1758

Cube.1758

bye bye Engie. – now they are trying to make us healers or some kitten.

04.30.13 Patch Notes

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

bye bye Engie. – now they are trying to make us healers or some kitten.

lots of engineers like to play support and this skill is a huge buff! and besides, engineers have some of the best healing skills ingame! this one in groups is awesome tbh