1 developer with spare time?

in Engineer

Posted by: Nirvana.8659

Nirvana.8659

If there is any engineer balance developer,or even a map creator,but someone who can bring this to your next Anet meeting:

Please,log in a competitive gamemode of your choice,PvP or WvW ,take a rifle engineer,try to do something.
Not kill,just do something,even try stay alive.

It’s 1 year since we got the hammer, is 1 YEAR that the rifle is a dead weapon.
I can understand 4 months,6 months, not 1 whole year and yet not a single mention to rifle in patch notes.

I actually play hammer,but is 1 year i say to my self “don’t worry they will come out with something to at least make rifle barely viable in the next months” , but after all that time…come on!

Try every setup you can , old vanilla engineer,new scrapper , then take your utility like elixirs,gadgets,turrets,gyros,and try use the rifle coupled with every setup you want.
Do it for 24 hours,do it for 1 month,just try it and tell me if that weapon doesn’t URGE some attenction in a balance meeting.

Is 1 year i play hammer and i say to my self “is just a matter of time,it’s not priority for them,so now or later they will fix it…after 4 months,after 6 months,after 8 months…they will fix it”.
It’s 1 whole year guys,1 year that engineer is “bunkered” in all his meanings into the hammer scrapper.
Come on!

Thanks.

I apologize for my english.
Engineer : Charliengine
Engineer : Brother Thompson

(edited by Nirvana.8659)

in Engineer

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

+1
I loved rifle before hot came, I loved skill based playstyle, and I loved the way rifle worked.
Now with all this elite specs rifle is a joke, you troll yourself if u use it.
Hammer has 3 skills which have a defensive side effects, and rifle has just a self cc…
The problem is not only rifle itself, it is more that you NEED another damage kit because the cool downs are way too long.
If u are using rifle you must take FT or grenades, and that is a lose of a utility slot.
And to make grenades work well you have to use explosive trait line, that means you lose a defensive trait line.
What rifle needs is a medium buff to all directions. Cool downs, damage and survival.
Rifle should not be a over tuned weapon, I dont want that, but what it needs is that you are not forced to sacrifice utility or survive ability.
I also tried a lot of builds, and finally I lost my hope to play it ever again competitive with rifle.

(edited by mov.1246)

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

+1

We’ve been asking for some Rifle fixes for ages. I can’t believe they didn’t touch it on the last balance patch. Do they even read these forums? What do we have to do to get someone’s attention?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

+1 too

Rifle was the main reason i did decided to play engi when i was new to the game, we w
ere the only class who used rifle as a viable option, and it was a jack of all trades in his moment, now, the poor rifle needs love, perhaps not much as shield does, but rifle was very unique on his own way, i want it to play in raids or pvp in some future.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in Engineer

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

+1 for rifle!

Anet, you make us go through way too much for so little.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Can we make kickstarter or something? If we all kicked a few dollars, maybe we could pay for a balance dev?

in Engineer

Posted by: Joxer.6024

Joxer.6024

ok, this was kinda scary, and sad. Was in Madkings Lab, and there was like 4-6 ANET folks in as well, and not one was an Engi. So whats that say about us eh? The devs wont even play the class. Now, I could be wrong of course but just saying, that many and it was 2 druids,3 necros, a war and a memser.
Come on ANET, you made such a fun and engaging Profession…support it please!

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

+1
Rifle need some love.

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

+1.
Not much to add from me.

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

+1
Make Jump Shot an evade.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

If there is any engineer balance developer,or even a map creator,but someone who can bring this to your next Anet meeting:

Please,log in a competitive gamemode of your choice,PvP or WvW ,take a rifle engineer,try to do something.
Not kill,just do something,even try stay alive.

It’s 1 year since we got the hammer, is 1 YEAR that the rifle is a dead weapon.
I can understand 4 months,6 months, not 1 whole year and yet not a single mention to rifle in patch notes.

I actually play hammer,but is 1 year i say to my self “don’t worry they will come out with something to at least make rifle barely viable in the next months” , but after all that time…come on!

Try every setup you can , old vanilla engineer,new scrapper , then take your utility like elixirs,gadgets,turrets,gyros,and try use the rifle coupled with every setup you want.
Do it for 24 hours,do it for 1 month,just try it and tell me if that weapon doesn’t URGE some attenction in a balance meeting.

Is 1 year i play hammer and i say to my self “is just a matter of time,it’s not priority for them,so now or later they will fix it…after 4 months,after 6 months,after 8 months…they will fix it”.
It’s 1 whole year guys,1 year that engineer is “bunkered” in all his meanings into the hammer scrapper.
Come on!

Thanks.

to be fair engi rifle has been dead for 2-3 years , even before hammer, engi meta was everything but rifle, 100nades,100mine, celestial ,turrets,nades,bomb point holder.

my point is we need to stop blaming hammer for engi’s short comming

because knowing our devs they would nerf the only thing making power engi competitive so it was on par with rifle

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

Overcharged shot needs to be an unblockable Cone attack
Jump shot needs a 1s evade

blunderbuss needs its damage Vs range scalings increased

by 0.4

in Engineer

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Lets be honest, no one at ANet plays Engineer. It was obvious the day they revamped the traits and cut it down to three lines while releasing Explosives in the state that its in. This was further revealed when HoT was ramping up to launch and we saw Engi as TBD for a bunch of its new things. Scrapper has gotten nothing but nerfs and it no longer fills the role they claimed it should, where is the control now ANet? You toned down the stun on hammer 5, removed daze on gyro, cut back on damage, heal and support on the other skills over time. What does Scrapper do thats interesting now?

Give up hope, they dont care about the state of Rifle, they dont even care about the state of Engineer as a whole. Look at the classes ANet actually cares about, Ele gets reworks constantly to traits and skills that are underutilized, DH and Druid get to keep their nonsense dazes even though they dont fit “Purity of Purpose” in the slightest for those classes.

GG ANet, your inability to iterate is on full display with Engineer, I cannot wait to see the next elite spec for Engi be just as kittencrapper and nerfed just as hard.

(edited by displacedTitan.6897)

in Engineer

Rezzet.3614

Lets be honest, no one at ANet plays Engineer. It was obvious the day they revamped the traits and cut it down to three lines while releasing Explosives in the state that its in. This was further revealed when HoT was ramping up to launch and we saw Engi as TBD for a bunch of its new things. Scrapper has gotten nothing but nerfs and it no longer fills the role they claimed it should, where is the control now ANet? You toned down the stun on hammer 5, removed daze on gyro, cut back on damage, heal and support on the other skills over time. What does Scrapper do thats interesting now?

Give up hope, they dont care about the state of Rifle, they dont even care about the state of Engineer as a whole. Look at the classes ANet actually cares about, Ele gets reworks constantly to traits and skills that are underutilized, DH and Druid get to keep their nonsense dazes even though they dont fit “Purity of Purpose” in the slightest for those classes.

GG ANet, your inability to iterate is on full display with Engineer, I cannot wait to see the next elite spec for Engi be just as kittencrapper and nerfed just as hard.

this is pretty much the state we’re in so far

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

this is pretty much the state we’re in so far

The curse we got since the day we decided to main engi…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfCOJLRk2D4

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build