100 NADES Never Died

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: waka.9826

waka.9826

I WILL NAME THIS BUILD “100 NATTY NADES”

For anyone who misses the heavy set up burst of 100 nades, this might be the build for you.

It’s not exactly the same build as before but it still performs VERY well. Great dps close range and far ranged + amazing corpse / rezz bomber.

I suggest playing this build like you are a necro, use your terrain and try to stay out of
trouble, use the 100 nades burst when you have to.

The burst is not the bread and butter of this build and you should not rely on using it, throw wrench hits like a truck with analyze + double SD and with enough vuln stacks your shrapnel nades hit for around 4500-5000, freeze nade does silghtly less. Also try to use your medkit 5 when it is up, increases your dps dramatically with the fury.

Burst= Net shot > 100 nades QUEUE > Analyze just before 100 nades finishes queuing up (Can also be done from the range of the net shot)

Far ranged “burst” = Grenade barrage > analyze (before GB hits) > throw wrench (Basically kills anyone who tries to rezz someone, if not use shrapnel and freeze nade after and they should be dead, if they aren’t I will put a pineapple up my butt)

Enjoy my friends.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0piYH5y2F17IyoHdmoRagKYXfewWtFEC-TkAg0CnI4SxljLDXSuscNs

I also misaimed, it usually 1 shots clean

EDIT: KARL I FUARKING DARE YOU TO NERF THIS TOO, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU MAYYYYNEEE YOU CANT STOP MY THEORY CRAFTING ABILITIES.

(edited by waka.9826)

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

/Offtopic

Cool, that video can pretty much be used to make my point without me having to make a video of my own, thank you.

Mug hits for 4-5k every 45s (can be reduced) if it crits as glass cannon, tier one trait. Thief is now in melee range.
Static discharge hits for 1.5k+ crits as glas cannon and is AOE up to four time (more than 6k from that video but heal is indeed not used and not recommanded to be used anyway), cd depending on the toolbelt skill chosen (can be reduced), tier one trait. Engi doesn’t care, he will either fire them at range or instantly hit with them in melee.

Community reaction:
Mug: Holy hell, it does far to much damage if glass cannon, 4-5k is too strong, especially for a level 1 trait, nerf it to oblivion.
Static discharge: …

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: tarcheg.4872

tarcheg.4872

/Offtopic

Mug hits for 4-5k every 45s (can be reduced) if it crits as glass cannon, tier one trait. Thief is now in melee range.

Mug does NOT crit anymore – max dmg: ~3k on other glass cannons.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

May patch:

-Static Discharge has a 10 sec cooldown ~ love, Karl <3

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Static discharge is a projectile and easily avoided. Mug is an instant teleport that pretty much connects with little time to dodge it unless you are clairvoyant.

Mug, unlike static discharge, gives you a fear that is better than the necro’s own fear, or a daze, or a healing tree with condition removal. You get the point.

Engineer also doesn’t get to take out half of someone’s health with 3 button presses either, and he can’t spam a skill that hits targets at half health for over 3k about 4 times.

Engineer doesn’t get to drop people’s target and repeat that obscene burst. Engineer can’t abuse ledges with infiltrator arrow. Engineer can’t run away like a thief can.

Other classes actually have to bust several cooldowns to do any burst, and it has ramp up. The thief only needs to heartseeker through a black powder.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Phantaram.4816

Phantaram.4816

Waka I shall try this. If I like it there is a chance I will forgive all of your troll posts for this 1 useful post.

Good news, just from what I’ve done to the golems I can tell this is gonna be mega fun. You are forgiven natty.

Edit: not as much fun as I thought because I just melt so easily. 3.2k lightning strikes from sigils is not fun

(edited by Phantaram.4816)

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

very nice, ill try it out on some all out bunker guardians.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

With this build you will die always first. 1 condition remove every 20 sec. low HP, low armour. I guess this will be funny in hotjoins but not really in tPvP

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Asurmir.7956

Asurmir.7956

With this build you will die always first. 1 condition remove every 20 sec. low HP, low armour. I guess this will be funny in hotjoins but not really in tPvP

I’m not an Engi player by no means, but would this alleviate some of the problem? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUl0piYH5y2F17IyoHdmoRagKYXfewWtFEC-TkAg0CvI2RtjbHzOyds7MsA

Edit: I’m here because the class fascinates me.

Asurmir “The Heretic” Ravenclaw
http://tinyurl.com/oaxdkgt

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

I am not a top player but I play a lot of tPvP and I watch streams. From my point of view in a group fight thief is target no.1 but after the thief the engineer is the 2nd target. This is a glass cannon build and this means you eat a lot of dirt in a team fight.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Perhaps rune of the dolyak? Gives some extra toughness + vit.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: AlietteFaye.7316

AlietteFaye.7316

This isn’t a new build at all. Just sayin’. >.>

twitch.tv/aliettefaye

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Did he say it was a tPvP build? Anyway in tPvP most people only use one build for each class.

I use a similar build in WvW, all glass cannon.

Tho I don’t use analyse, I use throw mines. But the concept is similar, you have one big burst, I have 2 moderate burst of 8-10k.

I roam solo/small group with this build, and the key is positionning. You have to stay out of reach until you are clear to combo. If they focus you, it’s hard to pull your dps, but if they don’t, you dps suppoirt is incredible.

Even with no armor, 1 condition removal ect.. this kind of build is awesome for roaming.

@Puru

And yet we have the worse 30 traits ever in the same line. Static discharge is a good trait, yet HGH, our best build, don’t even use it.

You compare 1 burst of 3k that also heal for 2k(don’t forget that) to a maximum hity of 1.4k on a glass cannon engineer. Sure it can bound, but it’s situational.

You can’t juste compare directly trait like that.

If you add a 2k burst on a class like engineer that can burst for around 10-15k combo max, it’s not as bad as a thief that can already combo for 20k without mug trait. (Yesterday, with 23k hp and 2.3k armor I got killed in 3 hit by a thief)

Our base burst is lower, that’s why our trait isn’t as annoying as yours. That’s why every thief had mug, and only 25% of engineer had static discharge (rest being HGH).

Just like Anet think we deserve a 50% endurance regen trait as our GM tool trait, when ranger has it as a 5 point trait. Since those are 2 different class, two same trait can have different meaning.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Brinson.7289

Brinson.7289

What happens if someone blocks and then starts attacking you?
As an Engineer, I love seeing other engineers trying to burst me down with high offense and low\no defense. Low health; the weakest stunbreak; no condition removal; no protection & no toughness.
What happens if you attack someone who has vit\tough + protection?

\-\ Poquito (Engineer) /-/ Tarnished Coast
Not Sure If Serious [BZNZ] ||| Cynical [CYN]

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Lupanic.6502

I played a tPvP against such an Engineer. If he could add to a fight he was deadly. But in a 1on1 situation or 2vs2 he was the first target and he was always dead first.
Adding to a fight and killing people is a job for thiefs.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

What happens if someone blocks and then starts attacking you?
As an Engineer, I love seeing other engineers trying to burst me down with high offense and low\no defense. Low health; the weakest stunbreak; no condition removal; no protection & no toughness.
What happens if you attack someone who has vit\tough + protection?

Just like 100nade, you gotta bait your oponent to use their blocks/defence.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Eccentric Duck.7510

Eccentric Duck.7510

Awesome build. Great deeps. Looks thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new builds or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin’ huge, solid, thick and tight you can get as an engi with this build. Thanks for the motivation.

Salad engineer

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I’m ‘avin’ a giggle with this build. Fun to kill people quickly. Burst of peace

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: DarkLink.6107

DarkLink.6107

Hey guys, is there any way to this build begin viable in PVE too? For high damage i mean. Ty

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

waka.9826

Waka I shall try this. If I like it there is a chance I will forgive all of your troll posts for this 1 useful post.

Good news, just from what I’ve done to the golems I can tell this is gonna be mega fun. You are forgiven natty.

Edit: not as much fun as I thought because I just melt so easily. 3.2k lightning strikes from sigils is not fun

You may be playing the build with a bad approach phanta. Try to pretend that the burst doesnt exist and NEVER initiate the fight. I even want to say the build becomes disgustingly OP when one of your teammates is down or when the enemies teammates are down. I’m always sniping with the build with the 1500 range capability of the grenades. I’ve also won a few 2v1s with this build with the sheer DPS (need to be good with kiting / LOS)

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

waka.9826

I am not a top player but I play a lot of tPvP and I watch streams. From my point of view in a group fight thief is target no.1 but after the thief the engineer is the 2nd target. This is a glass cannon build and this means you eat a lot of dirt in a team fight.

All your high damage skills are also 900-1500 range, positioning is KEY to this build.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaffles.3296

Gaffles.3296

Looks like a modified static discharge build from before 100 nades got popular. Been using it for months now, the burst is not as omg hurtful as 100 nades but its all about poking first and bursting when the moment arises.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

waka.9826

I’ve won almost every tPVP so far with this build, and not that it really matters with top points as well. I basically carry every single team fight if my positioning is perfect, I don’t think you guys understand the insane ranged dps this thing has.

I use scholars for 1 reason, I’ve used the build long enough to know that I’m going to stay 90%+ hp for a long duration of the fight because I know the in’s and out’s of the build pretty well now. Like I said in the post, do NOT play this build in a face to face manner. Play dirty, use unreachable terrain etc. 1v1s are also fairly easy once you get used to playing the build, the damage is really hard to keep up with.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

waka.9826

Looks like a modified static discharge build from before 100 nades got popular. Been using it for months now, the burst is not as omg hurtful as 100 nades but its all about poking first and bursting when the moment arises.

This guys got it, people get tunnel visioned way too much with “bursting”. Don’t be afraid to use your grenade barrage, throw wrench, sharpnel / freeze nades/ analyze from the sidelines, your teammates will thank you when you basically down their whole team.

Not to mention they will also thank you when their whole team has 15-25 vuln stacks up on them.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Hey guys, is there any way to this build begin viable in PVE too? For high damage i mean. Ty

Of course. Just gotta know where you can and where you can’t.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

Anyone who says this is not good for tpvp don’t know what there on about.

Like kardiamond, I use mines instead of toolkit, for a bit of extra burst.. Having an absolute blast. Pardon the pun

Nice work waka

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

waka.9826

Anyone who says this is not good for tpvp don’t know what there on about.

Like kardiamond, I use mines instead of toolkit, for a bit of extra burst.. Having an absolute blast. Pardon the pun

Nice work waka

No problem! I just want to see more variety of engi builds going around. And this is one I can confidently say is viable.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I wonder how this will get nerfed?

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

I like the idea but it does seem that it would take a great amount of skill to stay alive using this build as you will go down super fast if you get focused right?

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

“Static Discharge trait / Grenade Barrage: Can no longer critically hit. Now heals the engineer from a range of x health to x health.” would be my guess.

100 NADES Never Died

in Engineer

Posted by: Specterryu Quipter.8412

Specterryu Quipter.8412

May patch:
-Grenade kit damage reduced by 50% ~ love, Karl <3

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson