104 crit chance O_o

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

I heard from someone that they achieed 104 crit chance with some engineer only gear. Is there such thing? and where can I get it?

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

They’re lying. Highest you can really get is ~55% with 300 in firearms, all berserker/precision gear, etc. That’d be 75% with fury, 85% when they’re below 50% health, and 95% if Scope worked (which it doesn’t). So, optimally, if traits worked – when you stand still and the target is below 50% health, with fury up, you could have a 95% critical hit rate.

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Wasdclick.1764

Wasdclick.1764

Maybe in sPvP, but I think it’s possible outside of sPvP since gear scales differently, and trinkets, and such…

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Not sure what is meant by “Engineer only gear.” I assume you’re not talking about the runes.

Warriors on the other hand…

I’ve no idea how a 128% crit rate makes any sense. Let alone the 135% I was able to achieve later.

Low level scaling with stats and gear is a bit wonky, to say the least. And naturally, at 80, my crit rate would be no where near this… But still, take it for what it is.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Voltaire.8369

Voltaire.8369

104 crit chance

Perhaps they were referring to crit damage, of which 104 is easily attainable.

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

They’re lying. Highest you can really get is ~55% with 300 in firearms, all berserker/precision gear, etc. That’d be 75% with fury, 85% when they’re below 50% health, and 95% if Scope worked (which it doesn’t). So, optimally, if traits worked – when you stand still and the target is below 50% health, with fury up, you could have a 95% critical hit rate.

With a Superior Sigil of Accuracy and a Superior Sigil of Perception you can bump it up quite a bit more. Then adding Superior Runes of Eagle/Lyssa/Ranger/Thief you can bump Precision up a bit more, possibly enough to get you to 104 … downhill with the wind behind you.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Destroyer.1306

Destroyer.1306

With a Superior Sigil of Accuracy and a Superior Sigil of Perception you can bump it up quite a bit more. Then adding Superior Runes of Eagle/Lyssa/Ranger/Thief you can bump Precision up a bit more, possibly enough to get you to 104 … downhill with the wind behind you.

Let’s not forget food and oil. Note the bug remark on the oil page.

Stinky Garbage, Engineer. Meatbag, Guardian. Dum Dums, Elementalist.

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

so there is no way of attaining such numbers without some kind of buff? Not just armor states then.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Puz.8529

Puz.8529

Let’s not forget food and oil. Note the bug remark on the oil page.

Isn’t the bug in the wording. Since Sharpening Stones would do the same otherwise?

Puz – TDA

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

so there is no way of attaining such numbers without some kind of buff? Not just armor states then.

If you went all-out precision/%Crit in equipment (armour, weapons, jewellery, sigils and runes) and traits, and were in a situation where those traits activate then it is probably possible to get that number or close to it. With temporary buffs from food etc. it should be relatively easy … but you’d still have to be a complete glass cannon, which I don’t think most people would recommend.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

With 300 in firearms and full rampager gear + golemancer runes (+50 precision ~2.4% crit chance) I can have 68% crit chance + 10% from sigils, it was stated on reddit that passive sigils are stacking. Some full precision runes and proper back slot upgrade would raise total chance to 82-85% (I’m too lazy to count xD)

I also have +300 toughness and +100 vitality from traits. Using artisan maintenance oil made by huntsman is giving me 70 precision and raising crit chance to 81%

I didn’t test higher grade oils, but if description is fake and they’re giving precision, then I’d have 114-115 bonus precision, getting 83-84% crit in total

The best chef nourishments are giving max 100 precision, that would make 82-83% chance

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Not sure what is meant by “Engineer only gear.” I assume you’re not talking about the runes.

I’ve no idea how a 128% crit rate makes any sense. Let alone the 135% I was able to achieve later.

Low level scaling with stats and gear is a bit wonky, to say the least. And naturally, at 80, my crit rate would be no where near this… But still, take it for what it is.

Hmm. They are lying? Yet someone posted a picture of it even higher then that?

Appears that someone jumped the gun when calling someone a liar.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Caino.7130

Caino.7130

dont know about other classes, but for engi this is what i get.
25 stacks of accuracy from the weapon sigil. Switch to secondary rifle with 5% crit chance on it.
Eagle runes
With fury buff from med kit/team mates
If the trait did work. Scope (10% crit while standing still)

That’s 114% crit chance right there.

rank 500+ Piken / Rank 60 PvP
Warrior – Teined
Guardian – Nomoreroomformyname

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Torres.2890

Torres.2890

+100 % crit chance only works on low levels…. At level 80 it’s impossible to get it with just the 5 signets. You’ll notice your crit chance drop severly as you level up.

Baruch Bay.

(edited by Torres.2890)

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: Pirate.4631

Pirate.4631

Pretty much any class can get 100%+ crit while leveling. Due to the fact that +10 precision from investing into a trait is A LOT more precision for say a lvl 11 than a lvl 80. At lvl 11 10 precision is something like 5% crit chance, while on a level 80 it isn’t even half of a crit.

Just invest in crit trait/crit gear while leveling and you will have an insanely high crit chance, it usually goes even higher if you go in WvW due to the weird scaling.

(edited by Pirate.4631)

104 crit chance O_o

in Engineer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

Just invest in crit/crit gear while leveling and you will have an insanely high crit chance, it usually goes even higher if you go in WvW due to the weird scaling.

The most common class to see this happen is Warriors that stack precision early on; they can get buffs to precision per unused sigils that drive their crit through the roof. Sigils that give a bonus-per-kill like the Sigil of Perception can also break low-level scaling.

For engineers, it’s not hard to exceed 100% with sigils of perception because of our early access to long-duration fury.