2 suggestions for the FT

2 suggestions for the FT

in Engineer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

Bring back our last 4% you gave us 11% the other day but we’re still missing 4% the old talent was 15% damage not 11%.

Besides that move the burn from the end of the channel to the start of the channel. Put a ICD on it that is as long as the channel to prevent stop/start action spam. This would allow the FT to keep up with other weapons auto attack damage while also allowing us to break the channel for skills without losing as much damage as breaking before applying the burn.

2 suggestions for the FT

in Engineer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

These sound good but I do believe there is a reason for not doing what you suggest.

With such a weird 11% increase, they must have done some analysis to decide this. It’s just such a strange number that it doesn’t seem likely they pulled it from the air.

Also, with the burn at the end, it’s the bonus you get for completing the cast. Even with a ICD on the burn upfront, there is no incentive to maintain the cast, which I believe is the reason it’s at the end.

Personally, I would prefer #2 to explode on collision instead of being trggered by the player. The current approach deters me from using it, though I do see it’s advantage for engaging backline targets while your fighting at the front.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

2 suggestions for the FT

in Engineer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

The no.2 is fine I doulble hit with it… Soon as I shoot and I see the damage I pop it again for a 2nd hit. I usually run knights builds with the flame thrower except pve which is full zerk and honestly I would love it if they just removed the burn from auto attack and put it on the no.2 and moved like 10% of the damage from no.2 to no.1

But I’m talking about a more pratical thing here which is just moving the burn to the start of the cast because in pvp stopping your jet due to retal or needing to cast another ability hurts your damage a lot. Even full power based builds need that damage provided by the burn to keep up with other weapons.

2 suggestions for the FT

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhomulos.2089

Rhomulos.2089

What if they just add a big delay to the beginning of the channel, and then make the channel do massively more damage? That way it’s not so spammy in pvp and has decent damage throughout the channel.

Or increase the bonus damage of hitting a burning target by 35% instead of 10%, meaning up-time on optimal damage is minimal while solo unless you take IP instead of Juggernaut, and rewards your efforts to keep up burns while creating a secondary use for the burn condition.

Kluzu – Engineer (Main)
Kluzukaze – Mesmer
Rhomulos Prime – Revenant

2 suggestions for the FT

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

to make the FT worthwhile, they simply should fix all the time gating.

I posted this idea ages ago, but here it is again:

- Shorten the might stacks from juggernaut to 1/6th of their length
- Let Juggernaut might stacks tick every 0.5 seconds
This allows us to swap into FT, build might & burst with the next attack. I don’t want to camp in FT too long, and if I decide to camp, I don’t want to get punished for switching out. (Just FYI if you miss one might tick currently, its downtime lingers around for the next full duration, so from 15-30sec, depending on your boon duration)
I guess the stability stack-duration & tick should remain the same, especially since they will interact with Mass Momentum in the future. Also getting half a second of stab every half a second would be way too OP against enemies that try to strip or break our stab to stunlock us.

Then please fix the burning. We tick dmg 10 times in a single cast, so split the burning duration at the end by 10 & apply these short burning stacks (0.2sec each) to every single dmg-tick. In total we’d still do the same dmg, but now apply it way more directly.
You already updated your engine to take fractions of a second into account when calculating the dmg from conditions, so this would be the perfect occasion to show it off.
And if we spec into burning duration, we could stack the burning up and maintain it faster & more directly. Yes, this would make clearing it consistently almost impossible, but keep in mind that even with condi-duration, it still wouldn’t be able to stack beyond 2-3 stacks during a cast & wear off faster than we could initiate the next one. So we’re not speaking about a OP amount of dmg-increase, but a very hefty dmg-appliance buff

Then there is the 10% dmg modifier on burning targets. It could be removed & put on top of Flamejet directly, or stay there so we feel the punishment of attacking NPC’s that are immune to burning. But for PvP or WvW there are hardly any scenarios where it would matter anymore.

From nightmare calculations we’ve seen that the AA – base dmg is already the most powerful AA we have. No need to fix that. The things that have always held it behind were the requirement to consistently camp the FT for its full effectiveness. If Juggernaut & the AA would shorten the needed time it takes to ramp them up, switching into FT could become way more worthwhile & spawn more engis who’re not just using it for the fancy look.

On that regard you also could 1up the dmg tick on Napalm, maybe by 100% (it is really miniscule, even on full zerker gear), allow smoke vent to spawn a blind-ticking smokefield, and update Air blast to a) clear all stacks of burning on allied targets and b) to apply 1 stack of burning for 2 sec on enemy targets.
Most of the above are just QoL, but Airblast b) will become kinda important since your burn on the target will usually tick out before you can cast airblast, destroying the synergy between them.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

2 suggestions for the FT

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Few small things should at least be made baseline:

• FT1: Let damage rise up, ticking more on 9th hit than 1st hit. This would rewards players to complete AA more.
  • FT2: count as explosion.
  • FT3: change back to extending actually 2s, instead of one extra stack when it has burning. If not, at least fix tooltip (it currently looks like it always applies burning)
  • FT4: increase raw damage.
  • FT5: Maybe add burning removal.
One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux